When you call, mention priority code 20H-QL6K

Rating and Reviews: Gretsch G9240

With a Gretsch Ampli-Sonic hand-spun biscuit cone, this resonator guitar sings in a distinct, bluesy tone, projecting ample volume for live performances.

"Gretsch G9240 Alligator Biscuit" submitted March 2, 2014

By Edward M in Little Falls , NY
Overall
Musical Background: A while. A lot of different stringed instruments. Dulcimer my favorite.
Music Style: Old school and new compositions of my own making.
Overall: Amazing luck on my part. Slight finish defect, barely noticeable , reduce $100.00. What an great guitar. The expert sales advisors at ZZ assured me that I would not be disappointed, they were right. The only music store for the musician at heart ZZ Zounds.

"Gretsch g9240" submitted April 8, 2015

By James Branzei in Oscoda, MI
Overall
Musical Background: private lessons on trumpet,school band,self taught,guitar an violin
Music Style: Delta,blues,an various other styles,Love playing,Jay Unger songs on the violin,an old ballads
Overall: I own this guitar,an it's a blast.I found it to be my go to Guitar,it looks great sounds great an presents more challenges ,with the various Styles an tunings that are adaptable to this particular instrument.

"Gretsch Alligator Resonator" submitted April 4, 2016

By Iam Older
Overall
Musical Background: Played guitar for 50 years plus a little bass, mando and banjo. Retired pro now a porch picker.
Music Style: blues, roots rock, americana, etc
Overall: I purchased a blem. It has a few scuffs on the cover plate, otherwise good condition. Action was decent for finger picking although I would lower the nut for better action if I was going to us it that way (nut was not glued down so it would be easy lower it if needed). Stock cone was not bad but I replaced it with a National Hot Rod cone and biscuit and saddle. Very simple upgrade. The cone sits pretty low in the body and I like the action on the high side for slide. I just cut the grooves in the saddle for the strings and the action was perfect for me. The cone upgrade really improved the sound (again the original cone was not too bad). Now she sounds and plays great. A poor man's El Trovador for a little over $400.00 total. Very happy with the purchase.

"the Alligator Bisquit Resonator Roars with tone!" submitted October 14, 2014

By Jose l in Glendale, CA
Musical Background: I have been playing stringed instruments for 35 years
Music Style: bluegrass to metal
Overall: I have played a lot of different resonators, but this one feels the best. I cant vouch for the square neck, but the round neck is so playable. It sounds awesome!

"Gretch G9240 Alligator Biscuit" submitted November 22, 2013

By Steve V in Sherwood, AR
Musical Background: 47 years playing guitar/piano/organ
Music Style: Blues, Roadhouse Rock, Standard Rock & Roll, Nola styles,
Overall: Celebrated turning 60 (surviving till 60), and wanted to celebrate with new type instrument. Have had one for 1 year and 3 months. Was learning the 5 string-banjo- at the same time I was contemplating buying this guitar. Went ahead-and found the guitar-when tuned to (open D) had similarities to Banjo standard tuning. I love the WOOD sound, of this guitar. It is indeed WARM. Mine has pickup internally, and 1/4" input at strap peg, center bottom. I finger pick this guitar more than I slide on it, and -am astonished at the way it plays. It has become my go guitar-anytime I sit down. Pleasureable-especially at this price. I can't believe I waited this long-to branch out a little.
11 of 12 people (91.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"This is a Great Guitar for a Great Price" submitted June 6, 2016

By Clyde Martin in Danbury, CT
Overall
Musical Background: Rock n Roll 40 years strong !
Music Style: I love all music except rap
Overall: This is a great guitar, I play this more than any of my others. It is fun sounds great and has so many uses. For the price you will hardly be disappointed.

"Gretsch Biscuit Cone Resonator Guitar" submitted June 30, 2015

By Paul K in New Orleans, LA
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing guitar,bass and sax for over 30 years. Full time musician, not teacher.
Music Style: 50s,60s,jazz,blues,country,rock'n'roll.
Overall: My old resonator guitar was dying so I purchased this one on Zzounds and it sounds,looks and plays great. I was going to replace the cone with a national but the stock cone sounds just as good. It had a little buzz to it but once I rigged it up the way I like it sounded perfect. Very loud guitar, I play with a lot of horns and drums and it cuts through nicely.

"Not my first Reso...its a keeper!" submitted October 19, 2015

By John B in Hill country, TX
Overall
Musical Background: 50 years. Was in bands, but mostly for own enjoyment. but play at a weekly Pickers Circle
Music Style: Blues, Old Classic Country
Overall: I've owned a number of resonators-from a 1932 Metal bodied National to OMI Dobros, as well as some Asian (like this one) imports. both brass and wood bodied. I have had both the round and Square necked Gretsch, which are outstanding for their price, but rather plain looking., .I picked this up because it is so darn attractive (get many compliments on it), and also because its a Biscuit bridge (sounds better for Delta blues). I play it "Spanish style" in Open D, with the EJ 16's, and find it well suited to a number of different styles...a little week on the first two strings if played lap style with a Stevens Bar, but I adjust my playing to mostly the heavier stings when playing in larger groups. Mostly I play finger-style also using a brass slide. I like it!

When you call, mention priority code 20H-QL6K. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976