When you call, mention priority code 205-PPL2

Rating and Reviews: Gretsch G9500 Jim Dandy

Whether you're on your porch, near a campfire, or in a crowded tour bus, this throwback Gretsch flat top guitar is the perfect size for casual strumming.

"Great Guitar For The Money" submitted October 10, 2014

By Christopher R in Rockville Centre, NY
Musical Background: Music Teacher
Overall: I've had mine for a few months now. I ordered this because I've always wanted one of those old crackerjack catalog parlor guitars. Since Grestch doesn't really do a lot of low end stuff I figured they won't put out a piece of garbage. For $150 you can't go wrong. I use the guitar at home and while teaching my private lessons. Sure the finish isn't the best, but it plays and sounds amazing right out of the box. What I love most is the spot on intonation and its ability to stay in tune. Especially after a day's worth of lessons and constant in and out of the car all day. This thing stays in tune better than any other guitar I own...and I've got quite a few. I can't say it enough. For $150 you can't go wrong! Grestch totally bailed it with this one.

"Killer Guitar!" submitted February 6, 2016

By Dave S in Pheonix, OR
Musical Background: I have been playing for 26 years
Music Style: Punk rock, country, blues and rock and roll.
Overall: I am in love with this guitar, it plays well out of the box and the action is perfect. Don't let the price fool you, this guitar is for real. I have a $1,600 Takamine that sounds like butter, but honestly this is my go to acoustic now. I must say though if you are looking for a full bodied guitar sound this is not the guitar for you, this guitar has more of a vintage sound. It has the same tone qualities as Jack White's Gibson.

"Took my blues away" submitted March 16, 2014

By Adam Vanwinkle in Antioch, CA
Musical Background: 8yrs, guitar jam at home
Music Style: Blues, rock and of coarse bluesrock
Overall: First off I could not believe how fast my order arrived to my door! Litteraly next day delivery and I only paid for standard shipping. Awesome!. Now about this guitar... At first glance I was a little unsure about how it would sound and play as it looks like a 150$ guitar.... Tuned it a half step down ( as I do on all of mygitars), and gave it some blues runs... I couldnt believe my ears and or fingers!! This thing is killer! Not one fret buzzed right out of the box and the intonation was spot on! It comes with an allen key to adjust the truss rod but I have not yet bothered with a set up because it plays so smoothely the way it is!. This baby tunes nicely and the machine heads feel tight and solid. I highly recomend this guitar to anyone interested in a parlor size accoustic. Buy it! You will not be sorry!
31 of 33 people (93.94%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"This guitar is a lot of fun" submitted February 16, 2016

By Sean C in woodstock, MD
Musical Background: guitar
Music Style: everything
Overall: This guitar sounds great and is fun to play. Mine was quite playable out of the box and was difficult to put down. Sounds great to my ears especially for bluesy stuff. Sounds cool with a slide as well. This came with phosphor bronze strings on it and they seem to work well. I put some silk and steels on and they sound great too! I like everything about this guitar, especially the price. Just an excellent travel or jam on the couch guitar.

"Jim Dandy Parlor guitar" submitted March 20, 2015

By John H in Butler, NJ
Overall
Musical Background: since grade school. Just a dabbler, for fun and enjoyment of music. Harmonicas, guitar, mandolin.
Music Style: /Christian, rock, blues, folk, old-time, country
Overall: I liked this guitar right out of the box. A little tuning and she was ready to play. I was surprised by the deep tone of this guitar and the quality for the price I am pleased, a wonderful instrument. Ordered this guitar and it came the next day! Now I need a case.

When you call, mention priority code 205-PPL2. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976