When you call, mention priority code 15FP-SWG4

Rating and Reviews: Gretsch G5434 Pro Jet

The Gretsch G5434 Pro Jet sports two Filtertron pickups for that classic Gretsch solidbody tone.

"First-time Gretsch owner" submitted April 17, 2013

By a customer from nau.edu
Music Style: Rock, Indie, Worship
Sound: "Woody" is the best term my friends and I have come up with. Blacktop Filtertrons are interesting pickups. They are quite dark, but retains a bell-like chime in the top end. The lower register can get a little undefined. Combined with my amp, the neck pickup is too dark and muddy for my tastes, but lead tones can sound nice. I love the tones from the bridge pickup - cleans are clear and chimey, and you get some great snarl/growl in the overdrives. Feature: I love the concept and location of the master volume knob, but the pots aren't great. It's either on or off, not much of a sweep possible. The removable/screw on strap buttons should be standard on every guitar made on Earth. I've read a number of people had issues with a rattling/buzzing bridge on the Pro Jet, and mine was no exception. It's fixed now, but I may look into swapping the bridge later on. The tuners also feel comically small, but they've done a decent (not flawless) job of holding up. Nice neck and fingerboard. Overall, the guitar feels solid, outside of the tiny tuners and buzzing bridge. Quality: Seems like it'll last. Finish is great. Goofy side note about my particular guitar: the pickguard created a ton of static every time I touched it. Took it off and the static pops are gone. Looks a little plain now, but I care more about how it sounds than how it looks. Value: I've had it for a few months so the honeymoon phase is over. I think I'd buy it again. Manufacturer Support: I emailed Gretsch about finding a case for this guitar and they were very helpful and easy to reach. Overall: Solid, middle-of-the-road guitar

"AMAZING!" submitted April 27, 2014

By Matt Lindsey in Odessa, TX
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing guitar seriously and for a living for about 5 years!
Music Style: Praise and worship music, rock, contemporary
Overall: This is seriously the best sounding guitar I have ever owned! The tone that I'm able to get out of this thing is unparalleled! I highly recommend this guitar to both new and experienced players!

When you call, mention priority code 15FP-SWG4. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976