When you call, mention priority code 1ZQ-758J

Rating and Reviews: Gretsch G2220 Junior Jet

Get a cool vintage vibe, fat double mini-humbucker tone, and smooth playability thanks to the shorter 30.3" scale length on this Gretsch Junior Jet II bass.

"I love this bass" submitted December 30, 2012

By Armando P in Indianapolis, IN
Overall
Sound: Amazing once I got good strings on it. Glad I got the two pup version because I can get a good variety of tones by tweaking the nobs. I play through a tube amp and the sound is sweet and warm. Feature: Tuners seem OK. Stock bridge has adjustable saddles and is good for now too. Time will tell how much modding I'll do. Out of the box it was set up nice, except for the stock strings which only lasted a day before I replaced them with flat wounds. It sounds amazing now with a nice range of tones. Ease of Use: It's a guitar, so you play or you don't. This one is comfortable to me bc of the short scale. I love it and you will too. It's a Gretsch! Quality: Made in China but the materials and construction are all top notch. It's a bolt on neck, so you have that. But for the price point I think it is a heck of a deal. I'd put it head to head against a short scale fender any day. Value: Yes, worth every penny compared to the alternatives anywhere near this price point. Manufacturer Support: No need to contact the manufacturer. Zzounds customer service is great as always. The Wow Factor: It's a Gretsch and my wife thinks it looks sexy. It sounds great. If you're looking for a short scale bass this is the one to pick. You can't beat the quality for the price. Overall: I'm a noobie to the bass, been a blues harp player for over 20 years. Played a little guitar in the past but finally got serious and got myself this bass in black. It cae with crappy strings so I put on a nice set of DR flat wounds and what a huge difference. Out of the box it was muddy. The inspection report showed that it was built over a year ago so the old strings were rather oxidized and sounded bad. Put on the new strings and the tone is amazing! I love the short-scale bc I have smallish hands and it makes getting to the notes a lot easier. I personally don't care for the fender short-scale jaguar's looks, so this classic body shape is perfect for me. It's comfortable to play standing and sitting. I love this beast and you will too.
23 of 24 people (95.83%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Incredible Suprise!" submitted January 6, 2016

By Bill W in Brookville, IN
Overall
Musical Background: Have been playing 50+ yrs. Play Bass,Tenor Sax,Banjo and Mandolin
Music Style: I play Rock,Blues,Country,Rockabilly,Southern Rock,anything that feels good when I play it.Al Stewart is lots of fun too!
Overall: Received this Bass today and have been playing for 12 hrs now.Read others did not like the strings on. Mine are great.Wide range.Weight is just right and I can finger more of the neck with little effort.Controls nice and simple and great response.Bridge setting out of the box along with the strings are spot on.I have 8 other top shelf Basses and this holds it's own with them. Talk about a low end response.... this has it.Similar to my Hofner Very Thin . Very well worth the price. Gretch sells them for $429.00 so you have quite a savings for the quality. M y wife loves the way it fits. Do yourself a favor and try one of these.You'll be surprised and very pleased.

"For $300 can't get anything better" submitted June 16, 2016

By Mikhail Manulis in Brooklyn, NY
Music Style: many
Overall: Ok this is my replacement, first the bad, just like the first one the output jack is bad and doesn't take the cable plug all the way in, however it doesn't affect the signal, 3 way switch still makes same popping noise as the first one, guitar came in with no set up at all all saddles were same heigh and same lenght string were just flopping loosely over, but i didn't care since i already ordered La Bella flat wound strings and they arrived a day before the guitar did, so now the good, the bass is perfect as far as the build quality goes, this one was painted perfectly with no missing spots, the neck is made of a beautiful maple with some obvious flaming, fret work once again is perfect with no sharp or uneven frets, after i changed the strings right away the neck complained so i adjusted the truss rode and addles, with a single turn truss rode was functioning smoothly, i let it sit for a few hours and gave it another turn, due to high tension of the strings i kept on adjusting the truss rode for 3 days, finaly the neck gave in and settled into a super low comfortable action, final step was setting the intonation, replacing the input jack and 3 way switch and the result is a bass that feels and sounds like a bass 5 times the price, unlike the first one i sent back this one has no fret buzz at all even with super low action, the nut is cut properly, so if you can do your own set up and willing to buy a set of good string and to replace a few parts you are going to have a wonderful bass for very little amount of money, but if you can't you will have to invest at least another $100 for the services and that will drive the cost up, however the bass feels absolutely amazing now and thank goodness i know how to set up my own guitars.

"Great little bass if you get one without problems." submitted June 3, 2016

By Mikhail Manulis in Brooklyn, NY
Overall
Overall: Well waiting on replacement as the one i got had a host of problems, most noted one was terrible buzz on G string due to improperly cut nut, no matter how much i tried i could not get rid of it raising saddle didn't help, input jack wouldn't even take the cable plug all the way in, but it did not interfere with signal somehow, until jack got too loose, 3 way switch makes loud popping noise every time you switch the pick ups, contact spray did nothing to cure it, also inside cut away there was undersparay and not entirely black, also only was clearly visible in bright light, now the good, the neck is awesome, fret work was super nice, there was no gaps in the neck pocket, pick ups sounded great to my ears, super comfortbale to play bass, i could have fixed all the little problems myself i suppose, but why bother if i can get a new one, i hope it will not have any issues.

"Gretsch G2220 Electromatic Junior Jet ll" submitted February 3, 2014

By Kevin Mclaughlin in Santa Fe, NM
Overall
Musical Background: I perform full time for a living playing guitar and singing. I alos play bass and drums.
Music Style: Standards, rock and blues.
Overall: Great price, great sound and comfort of playing.

When you call, mention priority code 1ZQ-758J. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976