When you call, mention priority code 20Y-BTV4

Rating and Reviews: Gretsch G5655T-CB

Go ahead, turn up the gain -- this Gretsch Electromatic's Filter'Tron bridge pickup, solid spruce center block, and five-ply maple body can handle plenty.

"gretsch g5655t-cb" submitted January 24, 2015

By kelly t in granite city, IL
Musical Background: jam at home, 30 yrs
Music Style: classic rock
Overall: I've never owned nor played a gretsch. im a huge Malcolm young fan but playing his riffs on a Gibson les paul just didn't produce the sound I wanted. I couldn't afford a true vintage gretsch firebird so this guitar caught my eye. I even bought a blemished one. I chose free shipping ordered on a Monday afternoon, it actually arrived that Friday afternoon. I opened the box and almost got aroused, lol. tuned it up and palyed a little. stretched the factory strings a bit it stayed in tune. the action was too high for my taste and the intonation was apparently out after the twelth. I wasn't impressed by the playability. I was debating on sending back for full refund. a friend of mine suggested I see this "guitar guy" some old dude that works out of his basement. I figured id give it a shot because I loved the look of the guitar. 15 minutes later, the strings were restrung, action lowered and intonation was in check. the dude charged me 10 bucks!!! I gave him 10 tip. This guitar is amazing!!!! It plays like a high dollar guitar and that awesome gretsch tone rings out. I have the Malcolm young sound now even using a little line 6 15 watt..I totally recommend this model gretsch 5655t. its is the best purchase ive ever made....anywhere.. My next purchase will be for a marshall tube combo...from zzounds . (as soon as wife will let me)

"GREAT AX!!!!" submitted April 8, 2015

By Jerald Smith in Logansport, IN
Musical Background: guitar player for 20 years
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Country
Overall: I love this guitar! I rated the manufacturer support low simply because I have no experience with them.... When I first got it my first thought was how beautiful it was. It did requite some "tweaks" but that is to be expected straight from the factory. I lowered the action and adjusted the pickup height, after that it played like a dream..... I had never owned a Gretsch before so the sound was a bit unusual at first but it has proved to be one of the best guitars I've ever owned.... Gretsch DOES have a signature sound..... This guitar has great clean sound as well as nice punchy high gain sound, Good for Rock, Blues or Country.... I currently play it in an AC/DC tribute band as rhythm and it does an EXCELLENT job!... This guitar also has some celebrity acclaim as it is the exact make and model that Brian Layson of Dierks Bentley plays.... So for Grestch lovers or even if you've never owned a Gretsch I would strongly recommend this guitar.... Just don't be put off by the way it plays right out of the box, It WILL require some setup to be at it's best.... bear in mind

When you call, mention priority code 20Y-BTV4. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976