When you call, mention priority code 176V-7DRW

Rating and Reviews: Gretsch Pro Jet Bigsby

This electric guitar from Gretsch has Black Top FilterTron pickups and an adjustomatic bridge.

"Amazing guitar!" submitted January 25, 2012

By Kirk Lange in Kirkland, WA
Musical Background: Intermiediate
Music Style: Blues, rock, some jazz.
Overall: After trying out numerous guitars, I finally found the one that fit. I have the G5438T Gold Top and the guitar is beautiful and plays even better than expected. Don't shy away because the guitar is made in China. This baby is better built than most American made guitars! The new Filters give it a nice deep tone. For the money, it's the best value out there! A must buy!

"Great purchase" submitted November 16, 2013

By Carl Martin in Chandler , OK
Musical Background: Played for 40 years rocks band and modern church worship
Music Style: Rock blues, country, Christian
Overall: I just bought the gold gretsch 5438 t. After researching it for months. I would the gretsch sound but couldn't justify spend the $3000 + for the traditional models The minute I got it out of the box I loved it plugged it in to my amp and fell in love with the tone with all effects off It has a full body clean tone . It also has a great crunch sound. Played at church Sunday had lots of comment on look and sound It's not a heavy metal guitar. If that is what you want don t buy this. But you can pour the coals to the overdrive pedal and get a great southern rock sound

"Gretsch Electromatic Pro Jet Bigsby Black" submitted June 27, 2012

By Roy H in Brisgeport, CT
Musical Background: 50 years- guitar, keyboards
Music Style: rock, rockabilly, country, blues, pop
Overall: I just bought one of these guitars after doing considerable research. Although a little skeptical upon ordering ( I knew I could return it if I was dissatisfied), I took the plunge using the four-payment plan. To my surprise, this guitar delivers the tone you'd expect from a Filtertron. Run it through a valve amp (like a Bugera or Vox) and you'll be amazed how sweet this guitar really is! I don't care for the Bigsby B50 and I'm replacing it with a B3 as comes with the Duo Jet professional Series and I'm also replacing the tun-o-matic bridge with an ebony base to really connect well with the chambered body. This model comes from the factory with "El Cheapo" strings... I switched out to Pyramid light guage which really improved tonality!Overall... an EXCELLENT guitar for the price!.Would like to have ebony fretboard (but that's only available on Professional Series models). You get genuine, "real deal" rosewood fretboards instead of the "baked maple" CRAP that Gibson has been using since they were busted by the Feds for illegal rosewood and ebony importation.
18 of 19 people (94.74%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Excellent sound and value." submitted August 18, 2014

By Don A
Overall
Musical Background: Home player, 20 years. Guitar, piano. .
Music Style: Rock, blues, jazz
Overall: I recently purchased the pro jet in gold and it looks amazing. The fit and finish on this guitar are top notch and there were no electronic issues. It arrived well packaged and required little set up for my playing comfort, of course set up is subjective. There was no buzzing even though the action was quite low. The only problem I have had was a slight binding in the bridge, this is easily fixed even though I believe a new guitar purchase should require nothing more than two set ups I decided to keep and fix the issue rather than returning it as I was so happy with all other aspects. The Bigsby, though licensed, is very well made with no sharp edges or other issues. Holds tune and the frets were fairly well dressed even though this is a less expensive model. I have to add that I am very pleased with the sound of the pick ups and see no need for replacing them like many have done. They have plenty of punchy vibe and growl nicely with some dig in. This combined with the hollowed out body adds a very good distinctive sound. This is Gretsch through and through. While I feel it is unfair to compare this to the pro-line Jets this guitar will hold it's own. The Electromatic is a bit heavier and I believe that the pro-lines or either slightly more hollowed out or perhaps the woods are different attributing to this weight difference. Anyone looking for that Gretsch sound and look will not be disappointed in the purchase of this guitar.

"Excellent guitar for the $! Happily surprised." submitted June 13, 2014

By Cris F in Williston, VT
Overall
Musical Background: I've played music for over 50 years (guitar, bass keyboards). I played professionally for 8 years and now just do home recordin
Music Style: Classic rock, country, folk-rock
Overall: Unfortunately, I couldn't try this guitar before purchasing. But after reviewing lots of reviews, I pulled the trigger and was very happily surprised at how I love this thing! The feel while playing is great, it sounds excellent (love the pickups) and the quality is a shocker for the price. I did concur with some of the reviewers on detuning when using a heavy hand on the Bigsby, but for normal vibrato effects, it works fine. The controls and layout are (for me) perfect. And Zzounds was great.

"Gretsch Gold!" submitted July 24, 2014

By Don A in Victorville, CA
Musical Background: Inexperienced
Music Style: Eclectic
Overall: Arrived today, well packed. Unpacked it and plugged it in, GREAT SOUND! Electrics has been a problem with this model from what I understand but this one had no scratchy pots at all. Fit and finish was good except for a tiny spot, about a half millimeter in the top. Bigsby is great, but will go ahead and put a bit of a heavier spring as per recomendations on the gretsch talk forum. Just arrived so we will see how it stands up to time but it seems well built. This is a great buy, and you can change the pots for a twenty bucks or so if you want a different sound. My first gretsch and my first filtertron guitar and I couldn't be happier. Next is a 5420T! Do not hesitate to pull the trigger one this one! ZZounds was top notch in the shipping department, and payments plans are fantastic.

"Great Gretsch Electromatic Solid Body" submitted April 25, 2014

By Wayne W in Colorado Springs, CO
Overall
Musical Background: Jam at home. ! Fender 54 relic Gold 50th anniversary Strat, 2013 Epiphone got it from zZounds, Fender
Overall: OK a few several years ago I saw a black sweet guitar hanging on the wall at Guitar Center. It was up high, but I could see it was a Gretsch with a Bigsby and mother of pearl pick guard. Awesome I loved it. Unfortunately I had to pawn it and couldn't afford to get her back! Well I found a new and improved on right here on zZounds! It has better pick ups and just looks fantastic! I love it because I get that Les Paul thing and Fender sounds all in one! Thanks zZounds for the payment plan. This is guitar #2 from you guys! I am a customer for life and my electromatic is 100% amazing!

When you call, mention priority code 176V-7DRW. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976