866-ZZOUNDS (866-996-8637)
When you call, mention priority code 1ZR-W6P3

Rating and Reviews: Gretsch G5422TDC

Rock with classic Gretsch hollowbody tone and style -- thanks to the G5422TDC's tight, bright Black Top Filter'Tron pickups and sweet Bigsby B60 vibrato.

"Great guitar." submitted January 25, 2015

By Gerry J in Middleboro, MA
Overall
Musical Background: casual player, with friends, parties etc
Music Style: Anything from 50s and up rock, hard stuff, blues, intrumental acoustic stuff. Whatever mood strikes me.
Overall: I am very very happy with this instrument. It sounds great, both clean and overdriven through my fender tube amp. The strings each seem to have a life of their own, very defined. The fretwork was nice, level, smooth, and the edges are not sharp or catchy near the binding.The neck seems to be somewhere between my Tele, and my set-neck Showmaster HH as far as size is concerned. After a quick setup and a few minutes of acclamation the guitar felt like I had been playing it for years. The strings it came with were .011s. I used them for setup and played on them for a day while making slight adjustments. I put the same gauge DR blues strings back on and it was a whole new animal. I had never really played on .011s for more than a few minute in my 17 years of playing guitar and it was still easy to play, with the strings bending just slighly harder. It took only a few minutes of playing with the controls to really dial in some great sounds. They are quality controls and make no noise through the amp when turning/switching. The tone and volume controls seem much different in ratio to other guitars I own, not in a bad way though. If I wanted the same guitar as all the rest, I wouldn't have bought this one! I really love this guitar after a month of ownership and would be hard-pressed to ever get rid of it. I ordered a compton bridge for it and plan on making a new nut for it as well. It really doesn't "need" upgrades, but I like to tinker.The nut does need a little attention, and the one on there would be fine with a little more relief on the 2 inner strings where they angle in towards the tuners. They don't really hang up but i do notice them being a little fussy when bringing them up to pitch when tuning every so often. The blacktop filtertrons are going to stay, they sound great. They hit a home run with those as far as i am concerned. For the price paid I am satisfied

"Most awesome guitar for the money" submitted July 2, 2016

By Terry Marler in Clarkridge, AR
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing music for 52 yrs.
Music Style: I like a variety of music which makes this guitar perfect for me.
Sound: The sound is very high quality Feature: The selection of components are the right combination for me. Ease of Use: The narrow neck and fret board make it very easy to manipulate. Quality: Seems to be top notch Value: If I had to ever buy another guitar, this would be the place that I go to get it and this would be the guitar I choose. Manufacturer Support: N/A The Wow Factor: Big WOW.... This is just a gorgeous guitar, love it. Overall: This is the most amazing and capable guitar I have ever put my hands on for the price that zZounds sell this item for. The pickups are top quality and sound as good as a 2500 dollar strat in my opinion. Love the ease of playing this instrument and the accuracy of the clean sound they put out. Wouldn't mind owning a second one for that price. Just ordered the Gretsch Hollow body case for it. Shipping was everything they say as was the item. Was in my hands 2 days after purchase. Most attractive instrument you will find. AAA+ I am very happy that I found this guitar.

"Gretsch G5422TDC" submitted June 24, 2016

By Ramiro F in SHELTON, WA
Musical Background: All my life on and off I am 62
Music Style: Trying to learn blues, Rockabily Early country South Texas Conjunto and Accordion Norteno music.
Overall: Had it now for two weeks. I also have a Gretsch G5420T. I find that the 5422 has a thinner neck than the G5420T. For me it is much easier to play. I am really enjoying it and it has reignited my desire to keep playing guitar. Beautiful, design great sound. No defects that I can see I still have the original strings on. I will replace those soon. zZounds Rocks! Been buying from zZounds for years without any problems at all. For the price you can't go wrong.

"I made a wise choice" submitted December 31, 2012

By Rick H in Tewksbury, MA
Musical Background: Have played on and off for forty years
Music Style: Rockabilly, jazz, blues
Overall: This is by far the best guitar I have owned. I have long been a acoustic player but recently have become interested in buying a hollow body. I checked out ibanez epiphanies and finally Gretchen. I tried the g5422tdc and loved the way it played and looked.i have found any type style fits this guitar. I highly recommend it
28 of 33 people (84.85%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Hey, it's a Gretsch!" submitted April 14, 2014

By David M in Bartlesville, OK
Overall
Musical Background: Use to play professionally many years ago, but play now for my own enjoyment.
Music Style: I play mostly Classic Rock from the 60's, but have expanded over the years to include more styles.
Overall: What else can you expect from Gretsch but a fantastic guitar that plays as good as it looks? You can settle for less, but with zZounds, you certainly don't have to. They have the great products the competitors have, but make it easier to have them. I recommend zZounds for all your musical needs.

866-zZounds (866-996-8637)
When you call, mention priority code 1ZR-W6P3. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976

Seen it for less somewhere else? Get it for less at zZounds. Simply click the “Seen it for less?” link on any product page and as long as we‘re not losing money, we‘ll beat any legitimate competitor‘s lowest price, usually within two hours. Want our best price even faster? Call us at 866-zZounds (866-996-8637), and we‘ll provide you with a lower price on the phone. Also, if you purchase from us and later find the product for less elsewhere, call or email us within 45 days, and we‘ll refund you the difference.

Buy it, try it, like it, or return it to us for a full refund. It‘s just that simple. If you‘re not in love with what you bought, return it to zZounds within 45 days, and we‘ll promptly arrange for an exchange or a refund. No hassles. No hidden charges. And if a product‘s defective or damaged, call us at 866-zZounds (866-996-8637), and we‘ll email you a prepaid shipping label so you can easily return it to us at zero cost to you.

Simply click the Seen it for less? link next to the gear you want or call us at 866-zZounds (866-996-8637)