When you call, mention priority code 1464-6NF3

Rating and Reviews: Gretsch G5420T

Gorgeous Gretsch style? The G5420T's got it. A pair of sizzling Filter'Tron humbucking pickups round out the sweet vintage tone of this hollowbody electric.

"Gretsch Electromatic G5420T Sunburst" submitted December 1, 2012

By jonathan p in san francisco, CA
Overall
Musical Background: 18 years. Guitar, bass, combo organ. I have played in more bands than I can count
Music Style: garage rock n roll, rockabilly
Overall: I've wanted a Gretsch ever since I saw Mike Nesmith playing them on The Monkees when I was a kid and then when I got older and got into the Rev. Horton Heat and last week thanks to zZounds great pay as you play plan I finally got one. The finish is absolutely flawless. The neck chunky but I like that. I do wish they would have kept the original Gretsch inlay on the fretboard but that is just a personal preference. The guitar definitely needed setup when I got it. The action and intonation were way off but again no big deal. I was able to fix that. When plugged in this thing sound absolutely amazing. The Baldwin blacktop filtertrons sound really jangly and bright and clear. I can't say how they compare with other models or TV Jones pickups but it definitely has that Gretsch sound. I really wanted that Gretsch G5422TDC double cutaway in snow crest white but I wasn't sure if zZounds would ever get any in so I went ahead and got this one instead. I am definitely not disappointed.

"Gretsch 5420T Orange Electromatic Guitar" submitted April 15, 2013

By Eric L in Moreno Valley, CA
Overall
Musical Background: 45 yrs.; Acoustic and Electric Guitars; Resonantors.
Music Style: Country Blues, Modern Blues, Jazz, Classic Rock and Country Rock.
Overall: Overall: This is the finest guitar I have ever purchased online and zZounds made it possible by standing behind their lowest price guarantee and 8 month payment plan. The Gretsch is a Gretsch and it does everything I need in spades! Features: I had read all the "nightmare" comments on this model and can state that I have encountered none of them. It stays in tune, even with heavy Bigsby action and bends. Great binding with no seams and the F holes are even attended to! Quality: This is a superb instrument and is flawless in its completed form. Made in Korea, not Indonesia has some have argued. The paint job sparkles while revealing the wood grain on front and back. No twisted headstock or bowed fret board and all the inspection paperwork is included. The Orange is apt for a Gretsch and its' history. Manufacturer Support: Gave it 21/2 stars since I have no experience with them. Sound: Works great with all my IPad apps and amps. Especially, with my Fender Bassman, but everyone pretty much knows that. It is a Gretsch so I can't find any fault with it and I love the controlled feedback you can get out of her!!!! The Bigsby has perfect placement so I can pick and strum with it cradled in my hand. Not all whammy bars are created equal!! Ease of Use: This is the main reason I got it! The neck is slick and smooth and it is surprisingly thin, in my hand, compared to my Strat. The hollow body makes it light to hold and allows you to play as long as you want with no strain on your shoulder. Naturally, you can just pick it up and play and not even bother to plug it in. Great for noodling and picking out a new lick. All the volume and tone knobs are easily accessible with the old style "G" on top of them. Pick up switch has three positions and is in the standard setting. The action was perfect, for me, right out of the box and the intonation was spot on. I can even play slide on it with no buzz! Value: zZounds made this work for me with the 8 month payment plan. Everyone would like a Falcon, but I don't have 45 tour dates planned so why spend the doe? Unless, your Gretsch lust is completely out of control! This honey fits the bill and will provide years of joy! WOW Factor: Some guitars are just yours and when you recognize it you have to embrace it. The absolute beauty and tone of this Gretsch will be held in my arms forever. The first four hours I started playing it, I realized that its features kept catching my eye and distracting me from the music. Just looking at it, you can hear it screaming to be picked iup. Because of the gorgeous Orange I had to name her the "Cacafuego", long may she play!

"Took a little adjusting but WOW this is super nice" submitted December 31, 2013

By Gary F in ANDOVER , MN
Overall
Musical Background: 50 years garage band utility musician Guitar, Bass, drums, fiddle, vocals, dreamer!
Music Style: Oldies, classic rock, blues , outlaw country, Everything fast and snappy
Overall: The guitar is shipped with a small piece of thin foam packing material under the rosewood bridge .... while this doesn't look offensive it does act as a mute preventing the full string resonance from transferring to the beautiful hollow body. Keep this in mind that before you adjust the neck (I'm sure it will need it). When I loosened the strings enough to free up the foam piece I noticed the rosewood bridge did not fit the arc of the guitar top well enough to make firm contact with the guitar body this allowed the bridge to move around slightly ... even with the strings re- tensioned to be in tune. I took the guitar to a local guitar tech guru in Anoka Mn. and he reshaped the radius of the bridge to make flawless contact with the body. This along with a full neck adjustment made this the most amazing sounding and easy playing guitar I have ever owned. I own 16 guitars and this is my first Hollow body ... back in 1966 I almost bought this gretsch model but decided on a fender Jazz Master instead. Don't know why I waited so long. I highly recommend this guitar for its amazing tonal range and "it plays like butter". I have never bought a new guitar that didn't need adjusting and that includes my son's $5000.00 PRS swamp ash (gold hardware bird / inlay) model. You will not be disappointed with this guitar or the value you get for the price. Oh yeah I used the Zzound's price match utility and saved an additional $171.21 . 66 years old and still rockin!

"Gretsch Electromatic Hollowbody" submitted October 20, 2013

By Joe C in Houston, TX
Overall
Musical Background: 30+ years playing music, sing play guitar and drums and attempt others. Songwriter that jams at home mostly for now.
Music Style: Rock, Americana, Country, Christian, etc...
Overall: I have ordered numerous items from Zzounds and have never had any problems with their products. My new Gretsch also falls into the category of another excellent item bought from Zzounds. It is an absolutely beautiful guitar and right out of the box this beauty was ready rock or ready to roll. Even my wife, who as others out there may have asked, don't you have enough guitars already? When she saw the Gretsch, she said oh, now that is a pretty guitar! Being the frugal customer I try to be, I had been looking at these guitars for a while and saw the best price I'd seen come up on Zzounds and knew it was time to pull the trigger. I am quite happy I did, this thing is sweet!

"Gretsch G5420T Electromatic Hollowbody" submitted March 30, 2014

By RAY MUNDY in KOKOMO, IN
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing for over fifty years.Guitar, and I play at home,church,and small jams
Music Style: Christian,country,and soft rock.
Overall: I have wanted a Gretsch most of my life and was finally able to purchase one.zZounds made this possible with the payment plan they have.I searched all the electric guitars and kept coming back to the G5420T.It's a beautiful guitar and sounds just as good as it looks.There were more expensive guitars but I don't feel that they would have had any easier neck action than the G5420T. Everyone that sees it loves it,and so do I.I'm very well satisfied with my purchase and thank zZounds for making it possible.

"Quality,top of the line instruments." submitted March 7, 2014

By RAY M in KOKOMO, IN
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing guitar for 56 years.I play at church and jam with friends.
Music Style: Christian,country,and soft rock.
Overall: I ordered the Gretsch G5420T on the third of March and received it two days later.It was excellent looking and sounding right out of the box,after a little retuning (which is comman with new strings.)My favorite electric has always been Gretsch,and my favorite acoustic has been Martin.zZounds has made that dream come true with both guitars.zZounds will be my place of purchase on all my musical needs.The staff at zZounds is very courteous and prompt to fill your order.I highly recommend zZounds if your looking for quality merchandise and quick service.

"That Great Gretsch Sound indeed" submitted June 1, 2014

By chad G in west des moines, IA
Overall
Music Style: wide variety, classic rock, rockabilly, alternative
Overall: I absolutely love this guitar! I can barely put it down. The finish is actually warmer and better than the pictures and the sound... well it's beautiful! Love the hollow body tone and the great pickups. The neck is very playable and feels good in the hand. Overall, a great Gretsch hollow body at an accessible price. Couldn't be happier!

"Gretsch 5420" submitted December 27, 2013

By Kevin V in Smithtown, NY
Overall
Musical Background: jam at home guitar and keyboards
Overall: Terrific It came in no time no damage It's a "BLEM" but I only see a scratched pick-guard Isn't that what happens to a pick guard anyway? I'm still waiting for my free barstool but they said it would be 6 weeks

When you call, mention priority code 1464-6NF3. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976