When you call, mention priority code 20L-PWBL

Rating and Reviews: Godin A6 Ultra Guitar

This hybrid acoustic-electric gives you the best of both worlds, with a chambered body, thin neck, 16" radius fretboard and a humbucker in the neck position.

Overall

"I read reviews, contemplated, paused, and read some more. . and finally. . . " submitted January 27, 2015

By winston steward in Frazier Park, CA
Overall
Overall: first of - The Godin A6 has a wonderful acoustic tone - actually many of them. There's nothing piezio or quacky or fake about the acoustic tones this guitar is capable of. For those of you thinking you need to bump up to a Taylor T5 to get legitimate acoustic tonality, there's no need. The Godin A6 provides a true arsenal of acoustic sounds while eliminated the feedback problem associated with recording/performing with big-body acoustic guitar. The bridge humbucker provides warmth, and because the A6 has two outputs, you can isolate the electric pickup on it's own track and output for all kinds of possibilities.

"It's exactly what I wanted and more than I expected." submitted August 23, 2015

Overall
Overall: I bought a "blemished" version of this guitar on this site, and I'm quite happy with it. I can't find a flaw. This guitar sounds great to me unplugged. It's not as loud and not likely as lush as most acoustic guitars with a soundhole but you'll be much much happier playing it acoustically than you would, say, a strat. I have recorded with the A6 on my phone without an amplifier and the details of my playing have come through. Its acoustic volume and tone have surprised me in a good way. This thing resonates well; touch the headstock when you play and you'll see. The harmonics are incredible all over the neck. When you mute the strings with your left hand and strike them, you will hear a pleasant high-pitched ringing consistent with your position on the neck. I have been playing my A6 through a Fender Princeton 112 Plus solid-state amp, designed for electric guitars. It sounds good anyway. I imagine it would sound better through an acoustic amp. The bridge transducer ("acoustic" pickup) sounds better than the humbucker to my ears, but the humbucker has a solid (if indistinct) electric sound. The guitar takes distortion well and I bet one could achieve a more distinctive tone on the humbucker through use of pedals, etc. Overall, playing the A6 feels like playing an acoustic and an electric at the same time (pardon the "duh factor" of that statement). It's light and thin but handles heavy-gauge strings without issues. The action of my guitar as ZZSounds set it up feels more like the action on acoustic guitars I've played. I was used to playing stratocasters when I got this and haven't had any trouble adjusting. This is a great choice if you're looking for an affordable, versatile acoustic/electric guitar with the weight and body size of an electric and the neck-feel of an acoustic.

"Godin A 6 Guitar" submitted August 9, 2014

By Bud Nelson in Venice, FL
Overall
Musical Background: Banjo, guitar, uke. Have played professionally but now just play with friend.
Music Style: Dixieland jazz, ragtime, country.
Overall: I am 81 years old and having trouble with my wrists. This guitar is easy to play and sounds GREAT. My playing buddies say it is the best guitar for me.

"Godin A6 Ultra" submitted November 11, 2015

By Darrell R in Tecumseh, KS
Overall
Musical Background: Play electron and acoustic for over 30 years.
Music Style: Christian contemporary and Latin Tejano.
Overall: I purchased this guitar based on other reviews and I was not disappointed. This guitar is of the highest quality and the acoustic sounds great unplugged or plugged in. I plugged in the separate coeds for electric and acoustic and was pleasantly pleased! Nice acoustic sound and with electric it adds depth and controlled volume with a volume pedal. zZounds has excellent prices service and warranties.

"Great Guitar" submitted June 3, 2015

By John C in Hardin, IL
Musical Background: 45 years..guitar and drums.. home
Music Style: country and christian
Overall: This guitar is new for me I was having problems with nerve damage from playing a full bodied acoustic guitar..This guitar plays good sounds good and feels really good to me and sounds really good playing through a acoustic amp

"Happy but not surprised" submitted October 17, 2016

By Gabriel Morones in Riverside, CA
Musical Background: 27 years playing guitar
Music Style: Rock , latin, country , blues , folk
Overall: I bougth this guitar because i was in need of an acoustic guitar , i kind of like the idea of having the electric sound option available on the same instrument , altougth it doesn't sound as nice on the electric side as it does on the acoustic(too bassy) . so pure electric I probably won't use ( specifically when I'm in need of distorted sound) , now , if you blend the transducer with the hummbucker , man , you can get some really nice acoustic tones out of it , I can't wait to try it with the band

"Almost in love..." submitted April 20, 2014

By Andrew S in Lowell, MA
Overall
Musical Background: 35 years of making noise.
Music Style: non-music
Overall: Although this guitar is very well made (in Canada), it's missing a couple of crucial ingredients: Sound and Character.The fit and finish are very good. No flaws in workmanship or components.The electronics work good.It's very light and easy to play for hours...I love the neck. It's solid, with easy access to upper frets.But the sound is generic. The acoustic sound output sounds more like a "model" than the real thing.And the humbucker output has no character, no soul, no identity. It doesn't have the "singing" quality we normally associate with a hollow-body guitar. So it leaves you feeling a bit let down.
14 of 18 people (77.78%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 20L-PWBL. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976