When you call, mention priority code 15G6-T2DM

Rating and Reviews: G&L Tribute L-2500 Bass

The G&L Tribute L-2500 offers fantastic tone for a great price. Built to G&L's exacting standards, the Tribute L-2500 has an awesome, full sound.

"BEST BASS IN ITS PRICERANGE!!!" submitted May 28, 2011

Music Style: Anything
Sound: This bass can do any sound you need it to. Hot output. I do everything from bluegrass to slap funk and i can make it fit whatever style i need it to. It sounds amazing solo or in the mix live with a band. I am running my l-2500 through a GK mb-fusion head and neo 12 cab. i leave all the tone settings on the amp at 12 oclock, i do all the tone shaping on the bass. the only drawback is when i recieved the bass it had this ringing sound everytime i plucked a string. i had to take out the pickups and put tape around these tension springs and that cut out the ringing. it was fun to take apart the bass and see all its guts, lots of wires. to hear me playing the bass visit http://www.thedirtfloorband.com/dirtfloor_video_harvest.html. Feature: all the features are equally important. it has a six bolt on neck, making it a fast punchy bass, but i string through the body extending the attack and sustain giving it a more bluegrass upright sound. i use the preamp "off" switch the least, but sometimes i use it in passive mode to get an older growlier sound. when i do slap i flick it to high boost. my favorite is the series/parralel switch, it makes a bass boost sound with flatwound strings, but sounds like a banshee with roundwounds. Ease of Use: It took me a couple hours of playing to get used to all the controls and the appropriate time to use them. i wish the strings were spaced a bit further apart. i had an active 5 string squire deluxe before this and it has really wide spacing, it almost feels too wide now that i am used to the G&L. Quality: I got the natural finish with rosewood fingerboard, it is so beautiful, the photo does not do justice to this bass. The finish is pro and the bass is light(compared to the squire) and ergonomic. Smaller than a jazz bass. This thing is built like a tank. I have 100 percent confidence my bass will work everytime i pull it out of its case. I still haven't changed the battery and i have owned this bass 4 1/2 months playing everyday (i turn the preamp off before i put her down.) Value: This is the best bass for the money hands down. And zzounds had it the cheapest on the whole internet. Manufacturer Support: luckily, i have not needed to deal with G&L support. Zzounds support is amazing, by the way. The Wow Factor: People have said i look sexy playing this bass. It has simple lines and amazing electronics. I go gaga over all the tone shaping. Overall: I think this bass will keep me satified for many years to come. If this was stolen i would replace it immediatly. I might end up getting an american made, but i hear there is really no difference. I want a fretless so i might spring for a l-2500 fretless in the next few years. get this bass, folks. that is all i really need to say.

"Third World Quality - All World Sound" submitted December 27, 2011

By a customer from rimmey.com
Musical Background: Semi-Pro Bass, Guitar, Keys, Vocals
Sound: With multiple pickups and cut/boost & active/passive switches, this bass can do it all. Feature: All knobs and switches feel durable. The neck and body are rock-solid. Changing of the battery will still be a pain since G&L decided not to incorporate a quick access battery compartment like almost every other inst. mfg. has done. Ease of Use: Guitar arrived with no setup being done which is how I expected it to ship. A few youtube videos later, I had the action low, buzz-free, and the truss adjusted to suit my playing style. The neck is smooth and very playable. String spacing is a little wide for my taste. Quality: Bass arrived double boxed in a nice G&L gig bag, however, there were a few tiny dings/scratches in the body. These can be attributed to shipping from the mfg's factory in Indonesia and/or poor QA. Zzounds not at fault since the item was pre-sealed and packaged by G&L. Running a hand up the neck, you can feel every fret end that should have been filed down prior to boxing. The blueburst color was dissapointing. The body appears as a midnight blue only. I've tried showing this under various lighting conditions as well as flash vs non-flash photography. I could not get it to look like any of the advertised photos. Value: The sound and playability outweigh the negatives I listed above, and are the defining factor in choosing to keep this. Manufacturer Support: N/A - Did not try to contact G&L. The Wow Factor: The Blueburst paintjob was what initially drew my interest to this bass. After getting over the dissapointment, I still needed a rocksolid 5 string bass that is versatile. This bass seems like it will meet those needs. I already have a G&L L2000 in Natural, which is why I decided on getting the L2500 in Blueburst. Overall: If something happened to this bass, I would pony up for a Musicman Stingray 5. Mileage will always vary depending on how one cares for their instrument. Since this one is going with me on the road, I give it 2 years max. 10 years if in the studio. I should have gone with their "Made in the USA" L2500, and I would have if Zzounds carried them.

"Great Bass!" submitted October 28, 2008

Overall
Musical Background: Teenager who is a very active musician.
Music Style: All types of Rock.
Sound: Sounds amazing. Option of active or passive pickups with double humbucker! The need to change batteries is quite annoying though. Feature: No complaining here. Everything is awesome. Ease of Use: Plug it in and start playing! Quality: Everything is well made except on the inside. When you change the batteries, it's troublesome to take the battery out. Value: I got it cheap at my local music store for about $600. Manufacturer Support: Never used it but assume they're great compared to their guitar! The Wow Factor: I love the beauty of the Sunburst finish! Overall: There are barely anything wrong with it! Go buy it if you have the money!
12 of 14 people (85.71%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"The end of a search" submitted June 15, 2009

Musical Background: Musician
Music Style: Jazz ,Gospel, Reggae, Funk
Sound: almost too many variations to chose tight sound Feature: the heads are nice and hefty Ease of Use: sets up easily Quality: solid,solid ,solid Value: I own bbe and fender products. this one's worth the cash outlay Manufacturer Support: could not find registry for online warranty submit and all I got was voice mail on phone support Overall: this completes my 5 string setup between this and my sr505 I've got every tone, I will ever need

G&L Tribute L-2500 Bass Customer Review submitted February 5, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: lead singer/bass player/home recording/song writer/music video production/web page
Music Style: alternative/punk/rock
Sound: I had to trade my guitar stuff in for a even trade on a G&L 2500 5 string because my band needed a bass player instead of a rhythm guitarist. I did not have enough money to buy a bass amp so I had to play threw a P.A. system. with all the extra options built into the guitar I was still able to get a great sounding ballzy tone! that's with no EQ in the P.A. The music store I traded my guitar stuff to was selling it brand new for $450 because it had been on layaway 3 times. I use to play bass for a band for 12 years and I had a G$L back then so I did not even need to try it out when I bought it, I all ready new it was the bass guitar for me. Feature: the only down fall i guess i could say is that it is really freaking heavy!when i had to show my guitar player how to play some thing on his guitar, he handed me his guitar and i nearly threw it up in the air because it felt so light compared to the G&L, but it plays well, its the best bass ever made in my opinion. I wouldn't change a thing! The Wow Factor: the well balanced look of it kinda reminds me of how a Shelby Cobra looks...I dont know why but it does. Overall: I will die with this bass in my hands and then it will be berried with me...

"Its a good buy for the price and da sound is great." submitted March 1, 2010

Overall
Musical Background: bass, drums, keyboard, and guitar
Music Style: latin
Sound: Just wish it would have a lower end. Feature: I like da 3 tone switches, cuz I can make it sound like a tuba. Ease of Use: Didn't get a manuel. Quality: I actually bought this 4 my back up. Value: Can't complain wat I paid 4 it. The Wow Factor: I like da wood finish and da way da neck feels. Overall: I never get rid of my instruments. Yes it meets my musical goals. If it was lost or stolen I would buy another 1. The only other bass I would buy is a warwick.

When you call, mention priority code 15G6-T2DM. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976