When you call, mention priority code 207-JFN5

Rating and Reviews: Gemini DRP-1 Recorder

Record CD-quality WAV or MP3 files to USB thumb drives or SD cards. This standalone stereo recorder has RCA inputs, plus a single XLR-1/4" combo input.

"So Far So Good" submitted January 14, 2016

By Ray S in Mesa, AZ
Overall
Musical Background: I'm a 40 year professional musician and singer. I played mostly with 3 to 7 piece bands until I retired from it 28 years ago.
Music Style: I play rhythm & some lead guitar and bass. My music is mostly country, blues & some old rock
Overall: I've never done any recording with any device other than my PC, so this is a whole new experience. It took a lot more understanding that I anticipated, and that's where it got to be a good experience. I called Gemini customer service and got "Eric", not once, but twice. What a great help. He explained the little idiosyncrasies of the DRP-1. It wasn't long after that that I overlaid my voice on a couple of .mp3's that I had created as backing tracks for some songs that I use in my solo act. The DRP-1 does exactly what it's supposed to do and that is, to give you a decent recording in whatever format you choose. The only problem I encountered was that the bass was way too strong, but, by tweaking my mixer settings, I was able to correct that too.

"Review of Gemini DRP-1 Digital Rackmount Recorder" submitted January 30, 2014

By Stewart B in Poughkeepsie, NY
Overall
Musical Background: No formal music experience but 50+ years of professional involvement with electronics
Music Style: N/A
Overall: I do volunteer work for a faith-based non-profit. We were looking to replace an aging cassette recorder to record life-cycle events, concerts, lectures, etc with a unit whose output format was more compatible with the digital age. The DRP-1 was a perfect match for our requirements. It fit perfectly in an available space in our audio rack and easily connected to the existing audio setup. The multiple output formats (WAV and MP3) make it a truly flexible unit. Operation is fairly simple and straight-forward with a minimal number of buttons, thus making it easy for non-technical people to operate it. Since installation it has been used to record several 2-hour sessions and concerts as well as convert a number of old cassette tapes to MP3 files. We are extremely pleased with the results obtained to date and look forward to many years of good recordings ahead.

"Gemini DRP-1 Digital Rackmount Recorder" submitted January 11, 2016

Musical Background: Record Collector & Dj
Music Style: R&B Jazz, Neo Soul
Sound: The sound quality of this unit is very good. Ease of Use: Very easy to use. Quality: The DRP-1 is light weight and has a solid built. It very easy to use. Value: The price is Great !!!! I had owned a Tascam recorder and it was very pricey and it didn't last long. Manufacturer Support: I had a minor issue with transporting the data to my laptop. The support staff reached out to me very promptly and help resolve my issue. The Wow Factor: On a scale from 1-10 I'd rate this product a 10 for its recording capabilities &I the fact that it is so easy to use. Overall: The only thing I dislike about the DRP-1 is that they ON/OFF Button is right above the HEADPHONE INPUT. I experienced the unit shutdown because I turned the power off while removing the headphone jack. Overall this product functions the way it was designed to. I'm happy I purchased the DRP-1.

"Basic Voice Recorder" submitted November 26, 2013

By Thomas Z in Long Beach, CA
Musical Background: Full time musician, engineer, producer for over 20 years
Music Style: Mostly Jazz, Classical, Folk
Overall: It's a fairly sparse unit, but has the multiple and duplicate input and output connections that can really come in handy. Using it as a basic recorder for voice, and it sounds great, and was easy to set up. Really well thought out recording format options. Easy to transfer audio in and out.

"great unit" submitted December 3, 2013

By Dave C in Baltimore, MD
Musical Background: professional DJ over 30yrs
Music Style: all types of music
Overall: I did a lot of research before I decided to purchase this unit , and the unit does what it is supposed to do. I have heard some negative feed back about it, so I am going to clear the air about this DRP-1 it is a recorder that's what it is supposed to do, like any other high end recorder does. I brought this unit so I wouldn't have to take my high end cd recorder out .This unit is well made and saves me money ( no more cds ) just pop in a sd card and set my levels and record mp3s. So my solution to everyone is to read the specs and reviews before your buy any product .

When you call, mention priority code 207-JFN5. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976