When you call, mention priority code 1769-Y466

Rating and Reviews: Guild F-150RCE Guitar

Project huge jumbo-bodied tones with the F-150RCE. With its comfortable cutaway and Fishman electronics, this Guild acoustic-electric is ready for the stage.

"WOW" submitted December 6, 2013

By Nathan Tupper in Indianapolis, IN
Overall
Musical Background: Play guitar, vocalist, lyricist, composer, music director, front man for band.
Music Style: Blues, rock &country mainly Christian
Overall: Awesome guitar! This plays like a dream, the in-hole controls for the pickup are really stealthy, what a way to keep from violating the guitar body. I highly recommend this for any guitar player looking to step up his or her game!

"Superior Service" submitted June 30, 2014

By Scott J in Rancho Murieta, CA
Overall
Music Style: Blues, rock, jazz & country.
Overall: My Guild guitar was exactly what I was looking for. Unfortunately, three days after it arrived it developed a crack on the spruce top that continued to grow over the next couple days. I called zZounds and they promptly shipped me another one and assisted it returning the damaged guitar. They were incredibly polite, professional, and sympathetic. If you have doubts about ordering an instrument online, you can be assured that these folks will take great care of you.

"Guild Jumbo" submitted June 5, 2014

By steve m in Elmhurst, IL
Musical Background: 17 yrs
Music Style: Rock/pop/R&B/ country....ETC
Overall: No problems at all!!! Customer service was outstanding and product was delivered really fast. The Guild F150RCE has such a great deep and powerful sound right outta the case. One thing that threw me off was the handcrafted in China on the inside label...until I did some research.Nothing but greatness all around for Zzounds! I'll definitely be back for more!!

"Guild 150 RCE - Big and Beautiful" submitted March 20, 2014

By Chris H in Indianapolis, IN
Musical Background: 20 years - as a hobby
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Country, fingerstyle
Overall: To begin with, my experience with zZounds has been remarkable. Over the course of my 20 years of guitar playing I have owned many guitars, nearly all of them were in the $200 - $500 range. There is nothing at all wrong with an inexpensive instrument, but I had never realistically imagined that I could own an instrument with some of the features that come with a higher price tag. That is until I learned about zZounds pay as you play program. The pay as you play option allowed me to change my focus from "the best model I can afford right now" to "what guitar do I really want to own for the long term.?" That is how my experience with the Guild 150 RCE began.The instrument arrived within a few days after I ordered it, in beautiful condition and well set up. I thought that the action was maybe a little low, but that's easily corrected with a few turns of an allen wrench.The voice on this instrument is bright and bold, with a little metallic ring to it. It came with medium guage D'Addario strings I believe. I think my prefernce would be to change the strings to Elixir medium gauge. The scale length does not seem to have significant impact on the string tension, although I thought generally that it was a bit of a workout at times to fret chords. Its a little more friendly in an open tuning in my opinion. The solid rosewood and spruce combination really resonates in open G and open D tunings, as well as in standard tuning.The body of the guitar is nicely designed for access to the higher frets on the fingerboard, but the lower bout is sizeable at around 17 inches. It appears that the back of the guitar has a slight convex shape that caused me to experience some discomfort playing while seated. I think a person with a larger frame, maybe 6' tall or taller may have a better experience with this instrument. For me, at about 5' 8", it was a bit uncomfortable to maintain control of the body of the instrument and reach for chords in the first position.The instrument is well made and has some heft to it. The neck is very comfortable and string spacing is comfortable both for strumming chords and fingerpicking. The bass response is noticeable, but Guild seems to have worked out a nice balance of treble and midrange tones with this instrument. The tuners hold well and turn smoothly. I also thought that the mother of pearl fret markers were attractive, lending something of a classic feeling to the instrument overall.The case is sturdy with multiple brass latches, and is well padded with a maroon colored "muppet skin" type of material. I really liked the quality of this instrument and thought that it seemed like a good value. But it was just a little too big for me to play comfortably for the long term. I probably should have tested one out at a Guitar Center or something before I ordered it. Luckily for me, the good folks at zZounds allowed me to return the instrument after testing it for a few days no questions asked. Ultimately, I wound up with a different guitar that I purchased from zZounds that seems to fit a little better (Gibson J-35). However, as far as the F-150 RCR goes, I would recommend it for people who are accustomed to large bodied guitars, or for people who are a little bigger in stature. It has nice resonance and sustain, and the articulation is much more defined that you might expect from a jumbo. If you like to strum or pick, and do so with some volume and clarity, I would say that the Guild 150RCE may be a fine choice. Lucky for you, if you buy it from zZounds, they will let you return it if its not perfect. That's nice to know.....

"excellent" submitted April 14, 2012

By jeffrey p in belfast, ME
Musical Background: 20 yrs.oof and on
Music Style: maine hick country blues
Overall: recieved my 150 guild, everything is perfect, what makes it even better is your trust without it it would have taken me longer to get, thanks for a great axe and your trust
10 of 18 people (55.56%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Nice Guitar Overall" submitted July 21, 2013

By Robert S in Columbia City, IN
Overall
Musical Background: Playing for 40 years. Professionally.
Music Style: Rock, blues, more rock.
Overall: I bought this guitar to replace a worn out Ovation that I used when I wanted to plug into the mixer board. It arrived when expected. Initial observations of the fit and finish show it to be well made. Every wound string except the G had a string buzz. I normally tune down to DGCFAD and it simply would not play tuned that low. Do I go through the hassle of sending it back? Do I take it to a local shop and pay them to set it up as it should have already been set up? Guild's warranty is pretty specific that it doesn't cover setup adjustments. What kind of manufacturer ships guitars with obvious problems like this, then won't cover it right out of the case as warranty? I'm certainly not going to keep a guitar around that won't can't play... I found the truss rod was way too tight. After loosening it not quite 1/2 turn, the buzz went away, I am able to tune it down as I desire and it still plays quite nicely. Not real happy about paying almost $1,300 for a guitar that I have to set up as soon as it comes out of the case... as a matter of fact, this is probably the last guitar I'll buy from these folks. I would think every guitar they sell should be checked over before it is shipped. Its obvious this one was not, or it was checked by someone who didn't know what they were looking for...

When you call, mention priority code 1769-Y466. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976