When you call, mention priority code 157C-GCZ3

Rating and Reviews: Guild D-140CE Guitar

Experience the richness of a classic Guild dreadnought. The D-140CE includes mahogany back and sides for focused and balanced tones.

"Very Impressed!" submitted January 24, 2013

By Jerame B in Batson, TX
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing guitar for about 20 yrs. I play this Guild D-140CE and a Peavey HP Special.
Music Style: Rock, Country, Rock-a-Billy, Christian and Hip-Hop.
Overall: I've done business with zzounds for a couple of years now and this is my first time to leave a review so please bare with my and I hope that it might help in finding the perfect guitar for yourself. I have been searching for an acoustic/electric guitar for the last month so. I did alot of research into finding the right guitar for me and I am very picky when buying a guitar. I have been playing guitar for almost 20 yrs. so I know exactly what I'm looking for in a guitar. Before purchasing this gutiar I went to a couple music stores and played countless guitars and I know that each guitar has it's own characteristics, It maybe the same model/same brand but 2 guitars will slightly play different. I was a little leary about buying a guitar online without having picked it up and played it. I will have to say that I was set at ease yesterday when my Guild D-140CE arrived. Out of the box I was totally impressed, I couldnt believe the action on the strings and the playability of this guitar. It came with a set of .012 guage strings out it and it felt like they were .009's. The tone of this guitar was amazing, in my quest to find the right guitar I played guitars from $200-$2000 and would have to say that this guitar is up there with the Martin's, Taylor's and Gibson's costing twice as much as this one. Like I said before I'm not easily impressed and knew the woods and tone I was looking for and I was blown away by this Guild. I had my mind made up that if it didn't play and feel the way I imagined that it was going back but once again I was very impressed pulling this thing out of the box. The action was set perfect. This doesn't have a built in tuner and the volume and feedback knobs are on the inside of the sound hole which you can't see from the pictures. So the cons of this guitar are there is no built in tuner and the knobs are on the inside the sound hole. Thank you for taking the to read this review, I hope this review has helped you in some sort of way.

"Beautiful Guitar!" submitted December 25, 2013

By Kelley D
Musical Background: 19 years, guitar
Overall: My husband bought this guitar for me for a Christmas present...one he let me open a week early :) The guitar was perfect out of the box. The action was nice and low, which is how I like it. The sound is just beautiful, the notes just sing. I've played the Martins and Taylors etc. but for the money, this guitar just can't be beat.

"Fantastic Guitar" submitted August 18, 2013

By Danny T in Bakersville, NC
Musical Background: 30 yrs. plus
Music Style: oldies-country-Christian-rock-blue grass-folk-metal
Overall: This is really a nice acoustic electric. I don't mind that it is made in China.Im not interested where it is made, just that it plays great and sounds great.I highly recommend this Guitar.I have 30 yrs. experience with Guitars and I had to play some pretty bad soundingGuitars before knowledge and experience ruled.

When you call, mention priority code 157C-GCZ3. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976