When you call, mention priority code 1546-DSW7

Rating and Reviews: Guild D-125 Acoustic

The Guild D-125 has a distinctly warm sound thanks to its all-mahogany construction, and is made highly resonant by its scalloped spruce bracing.

"Rich" submitted May 6, 2014

By Chris B in Rancho Cordova, CA
Musical Background: A wannabee guitarist
Music Style: Acoustic blues
Overall: Dude, this acoustic guitar looks beautiful. Like a young Brooke Shields. And it sounds so big. And so clean. I bought it to learn blues on. It sounds so clear and in tune. I just wish my fingers could do it justice. The dark wood/finish is very attractive. The only unhappy thing with my purchase of this guitar is that there were some pieces of something inside of the guitar's sound chamber when I first pulled it out of its case. The pieces of course rattled around inside of the guitar. I spent about 10 minutes shaking the guitar upside-down until all of the little particles fell out of the sound hole. Kind of a dumb thing to have to do, but after I cleared the sound chamber of the extraneous stuff, this dreadnought sounds like a living, breathing entity! So alive and loud. Best $600 I've ever spent. Not too sure why anyone would be spending over a grand on anything else (unless u r a "rich" person)

"Very Nice for the Price" submitted March 20, 2014

By Larry K in Frackville, PA
Overall
Musical Background: Playing over 30 yrs, have played professionally, currently jamming at home
Music Style: Rock, Classic Rock, Blues, Classical, Metal
Overall: Once again, nice job by zzounds getting this out quickly. I ordered the guitar on a Wednesday and by Thursday morning it was on my doorstep. First off, I was totally blown away by the finish, absolutely fantastic. Solid top, solid sides, solid back, and even though it's made in China, it feels like a quality guitar plus a hard shell case I am glad I made the decision to buy. Probably the best thing about this guitar is the neck. The feel is so comfortable, it feels close to an electric neck, I never expected that. Now about the sound, lets consider that its a $500, at this price point, it's fantastic, the lows are particularly bright. If you are a finger picker, no need to use a thumb pick. If I had to find a gripe about the sound, I would have to say it lacked a bit in the mid range but really not that noticable. Now don't expect the sound quality of a $2,000 guitar, be realistic, it is however a marvelous sounding guitar and a great upgrade from that $199 acoustic or would make a good spare guitar. Seems to be one of the better kept guitar secrets out there as I don't see too may reviews on this axe, give it a try you won't be disappointed.

"Amazing...its a Guild, need I say more?" submitted December 1, 2013

By John H in Dillon, MT
Overall
Musical Background: playing since the good old days of music. I jam with friends and at small functions
Music Style: Whatever I want
Overall: I have owned many guitars over the years. From Takamine to Epiphone all the way to a $70.00 Rogue. I have played a lot that I didn't own as well. Guild and Epiphone have always been my favorites. This guitar caught my eye because first of all it is a Guild at a very affordable price. I then read the specs and saw that it is quite nicely built and seemed like a great deal all in all. After waiting only a couple days for the ground shipping, I was soon unpackaging what looked like a work of mahogany art. I first noticed the gorgeous perfect hand finish then the beautiful pearl detail. I knew right then that I had just opened the Mona Lisa and had to wash my hands before picking it up. First thing noticed was the weight. It was heavier than most, still lighter than some, but all in all well balanced. Its very comfortable when sitting to play and not too heavy t use a strap while standing. The action is amazingly close to an electric and the neck is fast and smooth. It plays like a dream but sounds like an angel. The highs are nice and bright and the lows are balanced and full. I had no adjustment to make other than tuning it. Its a solid instrument and very well built. It does not buzz. This guitar should last for years to come.

"Beautiful sound. Beautiful to look at." submitted May 28, 2014

By Chris Columbus in Rancho Cordova, CA
Musical Background: Novice
Music Style: Blues, baby ;-)
Overall: This Dreadnought sounds so big and clean. And it looks beautiful, with its dark wood finish. It is made in China, but the workmanship seems quite high to me. I'm not a very good guitar player so I didn't really want to spend a lot for a Martin or Taylor. For $600, I'm extremely pleased with this Guild. Couldn't recommend it any higher.

"Love my Guild D125" submitted April 20, 2014

By Doreen W in Beaufort, SC
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing for over 25 years. Started playing bass in an electric band (professionally)and now play acoustic guitar
Overall: I bought the Guild D125 for my husband for our 32nd anniversary. This guitar is perfect in several ways. Its a beauty and plays like a dream! Great addition to our growing collection.

"Finally Made it to the Big Leagues" submitted April 28, 2014

By Matt McAllister in Lewisville, TX
Musical Background: Off and On Guitarist for 16 years
Music Style: Country and Classic Rock
Overall: Finally moved up from the "Beginner" price range, and man is it awesome. This guitar fills the entire room and the sustain is amazing. The guitar is setup better than most from the factory, but I feel that a true professional setup is still needed to get the most out of this fantastic instrument.

"good buy" submitted April 23, 2014

By Brian f in Denver, CO
Overall
Musical Background: re-acquainting myself with guitar after a long hiatis
Music Style: some folk rock want to spend more time learning blues.
Overall: surprised at the quality. The operation in China is doing a good job. Mine was blemished so I saved some money but couldn't find the blemish. Good projection and good tone. Stays in tune. Good quality case. For the money you would be hard pressed to find a comparable instrument.

"Incredible value" submitted July 16, 2014

By Ray F in Leesburg, VA
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing for 45 years - so I am still learning :)
Music Style: Blues, Rock, country, bluegrass, standards, folk/pop, jazz
Overall: Always wanted a solid mahogany guitar, so when I saw this on sales w/case for under $500 I pulled the trigger. And, boy am I glad I did! Finish is excellent, action upon receipt was more than good enough to play, sound is crisp and woody like i hoped. It looks, sounds and plays beautifully, for both flatpick and finger picking. It is unexpectedly LOUD, also. Great deal - great guitar!

When you call, mention priority code 1546-DSW7. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976