When you call, mention priority code 1565-3X86

Rating and Reviews: Gibson GA40RVT Guitar Amp

Handbuilt. Tube reverb and tremolo. 1x12 in. speaker.

Overall

"Some good, Some bad, but hey! Its a Gibson, so I expect the best when I buy it , own it , or use it......" submitted March 22, 2008

By a customer from insightbb.com
Musical Background: 45 years, both hobbyist and working musician
Music Style: old rock and roll, some newer classic rock
Sound: This is a fine amp, with a great sound..a tad over priced in my opinionm more in line of say 699-799 dollars... however, I like the way it sounds for playing oldies style of music.. I owned this for just less than 1 year before it blew it's top... Feature: Yes the amp comes with a foot switch, I use it a lot from moving back and forth between the reverb and treblo and or both in my kind of music. Ease of Use: The amp is limited with some things it can do and can't do but ts over performence is pretty good.. Quality: This is where I fall off with Gibson..For a hand built amp, there should be a higher quality control from the factory. The amp has a double power switch, from about 40% power to 100% called a Triode and Pentode modes of power..It is this switch that is bad, and can cause the amp to blow or short out the tubes at a cost of over 100.00 for tubes alone.. Keep this in mind when useing this switch or buying the amp. ALWAYS set the switch to the desired mode, before powering the amp up..NEVER switch while the amp is on..sometimes even in the stand-by mode will have problems when making the switch. Value: I think the GA40 is a little over priced..most people who play don't have that kind of cash, unless they are making money with their music. Its a great studio amp, or just playing for fun, and most guys/gals won't spend a $1000-$1150 just have a amp to use for fun.... Manufacturer Support: Yes, I have delt with Gibson, they are great in making amends to problems. A little slow on turn arounds with factory repaires.. The first time I used the " warranty" I ship my GA40 amp to the Cincin, Ohio area for repairs..9 weeks.. Then the amp still wasn't right, so I called Gibson back..They did not give me any problems at all...in fact They gave a brand new bigger and better amp for my problems I went through..the Brand new GA42..thats twin 12" speakers and a great amp I must say..... The Wow Factor: Its a great sounding amp, the looks are better than most give it credit for. Overall: This is where I have been so disappointed in the GA40 Gibson amp.. I bought this amp , thinking it would last me the rest of my life, the way I use it and babby it.. When the amp broke down, just less that a year old..the dissappointment was hard to take..I have another Gibson amp I bought new in 1975, still works like new, looks new and sounds great.. I have tried the other name brands, but nothing can give you the sound like a Gibson amp. That's why I keep buying and using them.
58 of 76 people (76.32%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great for fooling people to make them think you use the best...However The Gibson Name no longer Impresses people.." submitted December 20, 2011

By You don't need it...but you should have it..
Music Style: Old ClassicRock, and lots 50, 60 music
Sound: I love the sound, I bought this amp because of the "'treblo" Most amp's don't have it...Its works OK, not as strong as I like... Feature: Runs very hot!..The top heat plate across the top of the Amp gets pretty hot to the touch... Ease of Use: Not really to much to learn, Quality: My review looks about like the one on the site..My GA 40 RVT only lasted about 1 year, blew up and was sent back for repairs, blew up again right out of the box from the repair shop. I sent it back and Gibson sent me the New GARVT42 in place of it..Less than 15 mo later, the GA42 statred acting up, I replaced all the tubes, 145.00 buck I might add...worked fine for about 4 hours, and just shut down. Now it comes on, it will stay on for about 5 minutes, shut down, and come back on slowly...Then shut down and come back on..I checked all the tubes, seemed to be OK..What is it with Gibson these day..Nothing like the old Gibson amps... Value: No, the GARVT40 is way over priced, and so is the Gibson GA RVT42..My price on the GA40, about $149.00 buck, and GA42, about $239.00 buck, no more, no less.....Until Gibson get these amps to last longer than a year, maybe two...The price needs to come way down...Because they carry the Name Gibson on them, doesn't mean its built to last any more.... Manufacturer Support: Yes, many times over the last 3 or 4 years..They have always worked on the amps, or sent me a replacement amp at no charge. Turn over time is way to long. Also, I think IF they fixed the Amp right, it would be OK, but I think they only get it working and ship it back...Parts used must be cheap, because they don't last at all...but I still give Gibson labs the 9, because they have always fixed my stuff with no questions ask.. The Wow Factor: Looks, sound Overall: After owning two of these amps, I am not all satisfied with Gibson product at all..Over Priced, Poor Qulity in Craftmenship, Cheap Parts that don't last. Even under easy use...Yes I'm look to buy a New product other than Gibson

When you call, mention priority code 1565-3X86. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976