When you call, mention priority code 15HF-5Q2G

Rating and Reviews: Gibson J200 Standard

Play the "King of the Flat-Tops." This Gibson Jumbo acoustic-electric guitar has been offering players a balanced, warm tone for over 70 years.

"The BIG ELEPHANT " submitted August 3, 2014

By Duane V in La puente, CA
Overall
Sound: Very responsive and well balanced,,,, I use different turnings and the guitar responds well to all. Feature: The guitar is very well made.... I do like the fact the neck is maple Ease of Use: Actually it's easy to play.... With any instrument I'm sure a factory setup can't please everyone. But it's good enough to take to a gig right out of the box Quality: The instrument is very well made. I've looked this guitar over and I can't find anything wrong. But for $3800 large I would expect that. Value: I'm comfortable with the price Manufacturer Support: I have over 15 Gibson instruments and never had an issue that required calling their customer service department The Wow Factor: There is a certain aura about the j200. Many legends in music have owned this guitar and it's been in the Gibson stable since 1930 which says a lot about this particular model Overall: The guitar is in perfect condition, as it should be because it's brand new. The sound is incredible and the detail put forth on this guitar exceeds my expectations. Playability is acceptable, though it will need a setup to meet my playing requirements, but its ready to go out of the box. Only thing Im a bit miffed about is that no truss rod tool came with the guitar, but it did come with an extra set of strings and this groovy little Gibson key ring... Overall high marks!!

"Tone Rocket!!!" submitted August 31, 2014

By Craig Babineaux in San Antonio, TX
Overall
Ease of Use: When I receive this guitar the action was painfully high... Not sure if Gibson sets it up this way or from temperature and humidity changes from shipping. I had my luthier adjust it the next day and now it plays like butter... Overall: This is the best sounding guitar I've ever played. This guitar is perfect... I could not find one single flaw... Superb craftsmanship.... I had my luthier adjust it the next day and it plays like butter. You really have to let someone else play it and listen to it project in your direction to really appreciate the tone this baby puts out. The top is stiff and still needs to open up but man when this guitar does open up it will only sound sweeter.

"Gibson SJ 200" submitted March 20, 2012

By James H in Greenville, KY
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing guitar my whole life. I am 34.
Music Style: All types of guitar styles.
Overall: Best sounding acoustic I have ever heard! Great felling neck and very light. All around beautiful guitar. Had to return this guitar due to a problem with glue on the neck. Just a fluke I'm sure. Not all gibsons are like this and I have bought a few in my life. For this price that shouldnt be an issue. Zzounds was great. I dont remember who I talked to but they where super nice and I had my return processed in under a week!! Thanks zzounds I will be back!! Boo Gibson for bad quality control!!

"Gibson J-200, A truly remarkable acoustic guitar." submitted March 29, 2011

By a customer from wv.net
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Pop
Sound: I bought a Gibson J-200 Vintage Sunburst just recently from ZZOUNDS & we love it. We already have a Gibson J-45 & a Gibson Songwriter so we know our Gibsons & this guitar is remarkable. It has a beautiful full sound & is also beautiful to look at. Overall a super guitar that ZZOUNDS sold us at a great price.
10 of 12 people (83.33%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Dream Guitar" submitted October 8, 2013

By chad w in harrison township, MI
Overall
Musical Background: 22 years experience.
Music Style: Fingerstyle, Jazz, Country, Blues
Overall: I was worried about making such huge purchase without seeing or playing the actual product I would be receiving. After it arrived all my worries were wiped away. The figuring of the maple was outstanding,back and sides. The maple neck was also impressively flamed. As for sound, well it is the king of flat tops, and it lives up to the name. The grover rotomatic tuners work smoothly, and the set up was pretty spot on. Great guitar, more than met my expectations.

"JS200" submitted February 24, 2014

By HAROLD WRIGHT in WINSTON, OR
Musical Background: 5 YRS GUITAR NON PROFSSIONAL
Music Style: ROCK COUNTRY BLUES FINGER STYLE
Overall: ZZOUNDS WAS AS USUAL GREAT THE GIBSON GUITAR HOWEVER WASNT THERE WAS A GLOB OF GLUE ON THE FACE OF THE BRIDGE THE NUT WAS SO SHARP IT WOULD CUT YOUR FINGER SO MANY LITTLE THINGS FOR A GUITAR OF THAT PRICE THE INSIDE HOWEVER WAS PERFECT SPENT 80 BUCKS AND A 200MILE TRIP TO HAVE IT SET UP AND THE NUT WORKED ON BY AUTH LUTHIER I WOULD HAVE SENT IT BCCK IF I HAD NOT WANTED IT SO BAD AGAIN THOUGH BOY IT SOUNDS GOOD

"There is a reason while they call it the King!!!" submitted March 12, 2012

By Emmanuel L in Austin, TX
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing for twelve years and play professionally.
Music Style: Musical styles are from jazz, rock, country, blues, acoustic and latin.
Overall: This guitar is by far the best musical purchase that I have ever mad. Actually it's more than that, it's an investment. I have other Gibson acoustics and this one just blew them out of the water. You can't make this guitar sound bad. It has great low end plus sparkling highs and the best sustain that I have ever heard on an acoustic. whether you preferred playing is finger style or picking it handles both with ease and massive tone. Not to mention the great people at Zzounds are as equally amazing!!! With such great deals with the play as you pay they make it extremely easy for the average working Joe to get a rich man's instrument without the hassle. Thanks Zzounds!!!!

"J-200 Standard" submitted April 10, 2014

By Travis R in Alexandria, VA
Musical Background: I've been playing for 10 years
Music Style: Folk, Rock, Bluegrass, blues
Sound: Hands down the best sounding acoustic I have played. I own a Martin DC-16GTE and a Gibson Dove Custom which both sound wonderful in their own way, but the J-200 Standard projects like nothing else. You can feel it resonate against your chest when you play it. All that have heard it and play it say the same. Feature: What is there to say, it is a J-200! It is a great looking and sounding instrument. The Fishman electrics on it are great, although I wish it had a build in tuner with the Fishman system, but it is not a big deal at all. Ease of Use: This thing came ready to play! The action was perfect right out of the box. The neck is surprisingly slender for such a big guitar and is a dream to play for me. I don't have super long fingers, so this is perfect for me. Quality: It is a beautiful instrument. Crown Mother of Pearl inlays down the fretboard, a beautiful Vintage finish and the flame maple on this guitar is absolutely gorgeous. The tuners stay in tune as expected with Grover Rotamatics. One negative thing is they use plastic bridge pins on the Standard: At this price point, couldn't they have at least installed Tusq like the nut and saddle? Value: No beating around the bush, this is an expensive guitar at $3799.00. I'm not sure this guitar is a great value per se, but with a J-200 you are buying an iconic guitar that has a sound and presence all it's own. It is something you can be proud to own for the rest of your life and pass down to your kids one day. Manufacturer Support: I haven't needed to contact Gibson yet, but the guitar comes with a Lifetime Warranty against manufacturing defects. I'm sure if it fails due to some flaw, they'd stand behind it. The Wow Factor: It is a stunning guitar. The flamed maple on it is gorgeous. The finish is flawless. The pickguard looks awesome like they always have on J-200s. The pearl inlays and the mustache bridge leave no doubt what guitar you are taking out of the case: The King of the Flat Tops! Overall: Hands down the best sounding acoustic I have played. I own a Martin DC-16GTE and a Gibson Dove Custom which both sound wonderful in their own way, but the J-200 Standard projects like nothing else. You can feel it resonate against your chest when you play it. All that have heard it and play it say the same.

"Great Acoustic Guitar" submitted August 27, 2014

By Duane V
Musical Background: Professionally
Overall: What an outstanding instrument. Big sound and unmatched playability. I hope to find a J200 12 string some day. The instrument finish was flawless, I had a pro setup and the guitar plays as easy as some of my electric guitars

"sj200" submitted January 9, 2014

By joe hays in delanco, NJ
Musical Background: home
Music Style: all
Overall: deap sound full body vibration

When you call, mention priority code 15HF-5Q2G. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976