When you call, mention priority code 175H-3Q13

For delivery by New Year's Eve, order by 2pm EST Monday, Dec 29th with 2-day shipping.

Rating and Reviews: Gibson SG Special

Get the sound you've been looking for with the Gibson SG Special. The SG Special features Gibson's renowned nitrocellulose finish.

"Nice addition to my collection." submitted July 22, 2010

By a customer from charter.net
Music Style: Blues Classic Rock
Sound: It's a Gibson!. That should explain the sound but to say more, the Bridge pickup is crisp as a Humbucker should be. I used my Marshall Bluesbreaker to test. The Neck pickup gives the blues tone I favor. Volume and Tone controls are smooth as expected for a Gibson. Combining both you can dial in a nice overdrive. Feature: Came with a Gig bag and warranty card only. If I was to rate only the gig bag it would be a 2. Mine came with a broken zipper. The bag protected the SG very well during shipping so I should be happy with that. I purchased a hard case ahead of time as I hate gig bags but I would think for the money it should at least be in good condition. But the guitar is perfect so a combination of 9. I also bought pickup covers which I will install. I like my pickups covered as I use my guitars and all the sweat, beer and dust is just too hard to get out of the exposed tape in the pickups. Ease of Use: I love Gibsons. I also have a Les Paul Standard. So different. The SG has a 50's neck, I was not sure I would like but it's really comfortable to play. The Horned cutout allows you to reach every fret. Tone I rated before the sound variables are amazing. Can't go wrong with this guitar. Quality: The SG finish is perect not an problem anywhere. Nothiing like a Gibson finish. I use but don't abuse. I had to get a hard case too many possibilities to damage while out gigging. The Gig Bag again came damaged so quality wise for it is a 2. Value: For the price it should have came with a case. But I am glad the money went to the quality of the guitar, which again is perfect. Compared to an American Stratocaster both about equal in price, that came with a hard SKB Case when I bought. But sound wise they are very different, I like both in their own way. Manufacturer Support: Well ZZOUNDS can't correct the gig bag situation and I contacted Gibson whom I never used in the 40 years I've been playing. So far I haven't received a call back (only been a day and a half)as I had to leave a message for a return call. We shall see what happens when the attempt to correct. I assume the best I can hope for is a new gig back which I would not use anyway. The Wow Factor: This guitar gets attention. Fits in with my collection of guitars. Very different from my Les Paul but both a fine quality instrument. Overall: I'm sure this will not be my last guitar, it fits what I was wanting to to with the sound. I would replace with the same. Now I was a bit suprised as I bought a new Gibson SG but the guitar was made in December 2008 so it is over 18 months old. A bit of a surprise but I can deal with it.

"my 14 year experience with the SG special" submitted February 8, 2009

Overall
Musical Background: professional performer, music teacher, composer.
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Jazz.
Sound: the sound of this guitar is amazing, it goes from classic jazz to over-drive classic rock to metal, it just depends on what amp and effect you use, in my case I use a digitech rp 350 effects board and two amps one for each output channel, one is a peavey bandit 112 and the other is a peavey bass amp, I do this only on big rock gigs, but for smaller things or jazz and blues concerts I only use the rp 350 trouhg the peavey or direct to the mixer, but it doesn´t matter how I amplify this guitar it always sound great, also works for recording, the SG will never fail, the dinamics are excellent, is also very fast and your hand feels good muving across the fretboard. Feature: the materials and hardware are top quality like the pickups and I like the way the controls are set in to the guitar, you can reach for any of them very easy, and the volume controls are not in the way of your hand like the fender stratocaster. Ease of Use: even for my students to play this guitar is easier than theirs, despite I use .011 gauge strings, so I think is one of the most playable guitars ever. Quality: I´m putting a nine because with a few years of use the tuning machines seem to not hold the tune very well, other than that the rest is fine. Value: I think you get great value for your money Overall: actually this instrument is for a lifetime, I only bought an Ibanez jazz guitar and an acoustic after my gibson but I don´t think I´ll replace it ever, is good that I bought it 14 years ago because they are sooo expensive now, I think if someone has the cash for this is definitively worht for the money but if you want something similar on a budget I would recomend the ephiphone 400 something (I don´t remember the exact name) but I try one once in a local store and is pretty decent.

"OHDs guitarist" submitted April 14, 2004

Overall
Sound: it was awesome, but then i put 2 57' classic humbuckers in it......ha, amazing Feature: features on a guitar, all about the same id say Quality: the finish is indestructible Value: great guitar, crazy low price Manufacturer Support: never needed it The Wow Factor: ive got it Overall: its the man

"SHHweeet ass guitar" submitted November 14, 2004

Overall
Music Style: Rock, Alternative, "Screamo"
Sound: The sound is amazing. If you're into the Taking Back Sunday and Hawthorne Heights kinda thing this is the perfect guitar. Feature: It's got a lot of features. However it's not as versitale as a Fender Strat. It's just for rock. Quality: It's the best made guitar ive ever played. The finish is flawless. Value: This guitar is worth what is sold for. Manufacturer Support: I've never neaded it. The Wow Factor: It looks great and sounds great. Overall: This is a great guitar. I use it the most in the band I'm in.

"The best Gibson for the money" submitted April 6, 2008

Overall
Sound: The sound is great, you can get anything from blues to punk to hardcore metal. I play it through a Marshall cranked up loud its awesome, you don't need much more. Feature: Solid guitar Ease of Use: The heck is a bit fat so it makes it a bit hard to use the thumb a lot but it just takes some getting used to. Quality: No problems yet. But I hear something rattling around in the back (its probably lose soldering) but my 2 year-old son took it out while I was sleeping and broke a string and scratched up the back of the neck and he probably dropped it but there havnt been any problems yet. Value: Yes its worth it. The SG standard looks nice but the SG special is nearly the same thing for a few hundred less. Manufacturer Support: This is my first Gibson, I tested an sg standard(same sound) and a Les Paul. The Les Paul sounded a bit different but was way to heavy. The SG is light and easy to play. The Wow Factor: It's an SG they always look cool Overall: I have yet to play a 10/10 put I know there is one out there its probly just 4,000 dollars or one of Jimi's old guitars that dint get smashed.

"THIS GUITAR IS DEFINATELY WORTH THE BUY" submitted August 2, 2006

Music Style: metal/hardcore
Sound: I would characterize the sound of the Gibson SG as being a good all around sound meaning that it is good just every type of music if you have a good amp of course but I find that it doesn't stand out in any one category meaning that it is good for playing but it doesn't stand out. It does get the sound I want but if you are looking for a particular sound this is not the guitar for you unless you have a really good amp. Feature: the accessories on the SG are pretty good and there are isn't much to complain about but the only thing that I do have to complain about is that the groover tuning keys on the head stock are plastic and not chrome which make them easy thing to damage if you like to play a little bit on the rough side which I like to do and just so happened that onle of them broke off. I was able to get it fixed but when I asked if i could get chrome groovers instead of plastic ones, which would not only make them strong add to the vintage look of the guitar, I was told that I could't because they wouldn't fit beause of the square mounts of the tuning keys. Other then that this guitar has amazing accessories on it. Ease of Use: This guitar is very easy to play as long as you know what you are doing. If you are good with a guitar then it is very easy to get a good sound out of it and it is very easy to modify the sound to your taste considering that this guitar can sustain for ever. the only learing curve that i can think of is getting used to having such a small ball on the guitar which make it kind of weird to play because of how you must balance it on the side of the curve in the body or it may seem that the neck is too long but that even a newbie could do in like 5 min. Quality: Quality wise this guitar is amazing being that it is american made which means that u know that there is some real good work going into it. Value: I'd say that the value is pretty reasonable for this guitar except for how it is like $100 more just have gloss on the body. Manufacturer Support: The Support is very good. Gibson will basically fix anything that goes wrong with your guitar the only this is that it is hard to parts that will make the guitar better without making some seriouse mods to the guitar it sel. The Wow Factor: In my personal opinion I'd say that this guitar is pretty "sexy" for a guitar. Put a good paint job on it and it could be amazing. Overall: I can't say how long I'll be satisfied with it but all I can say is that even though there are some things that I can complain about, over all this guitar is worth the buy. The only thing that would lead me to search for another buy would be just because I like another guitar or that this one broke.

"Steve-o" submitted August 27, 2006

Overall
Musical Background: lead in a band
Music Style: rock, christian rock
Sound: Burstbuckers with no cover. Feature: get a tremolo Ease of Use: best for playability Quality: best you can get Value: needs to be cheaper Manufacturer Support: best Co in the world The Wow Factor: awsome guitar but it's a guitar and that sort of thing shouldn't be thousands of $ Overall: I like the guitar not the price

"I Expect Better Quality Control at Gibson's Prices" submitted February 13, 2008

By a customer from hotmail.com Please DO NOT display my email address
Music Style: rock, blues
Sound: Great sound. 9 instead of 10 because only a Les Paul gets a 10. I can't believe the sounds that come out of the Les Paul. Feature: The controls and control placement are just right. I'd give it 10 if it came with a hard case instead of a bag. Too expensive for a bag. Ease of Use: A nicely proportioned, relatively lightweight guitar. Easy to play when it's manufactured correctly. Not so easy when the fret edges are sharp and the nut is defective. Quality: Unexpectedly, when testing this guitar, one of the strings came out of the nut. Turns out the slot in the nut was not cut completely. Also, some of the fret edges were sharp - you could cut your hand. Not what I expected in a Gibson. Value: The Gibsons are really too expensive. They're trading on their name and the apparent benefits of being American made, but this is not the first Gibson that I've played (and was interested in buying) that had defects. I think their quality does not justify their price. Inspect carefully before you purchase one. I've also found some Epiphones (supposedly inspected and set-up here in the states by Gibson) that had noticeable defects. Each time I went to buy a Gibson I ended up buying another brand, due to the quality - I will not buy a defective guitar at any price, but I expect quality for what Gibson charges. Manufacturer Support: No recent experience. The Wow Factor: I did want it until I saw the defects in the nut and frets. Not the first Gibson product I've found defects in - kind of turned me off to the brand.

"GIBSON FTW! LOL!" submitted September 7, 2007

Overall
Sound: ANGUS YOUNG R00LZ. hes a amazing guitar player but i'll be better one day, lol. it sounds amazing. why? cuz its gibson. thats why. anyone who doesnt play gibson doesnt play guitar. it would soun dbetter wit shinier pickups. Feature: you just cant beat gibson. they jam their guitars with features like sexiness good sound and amazing quality in every one. no other guitar can come close to gibson. i mean come on it was good enough for jimmy page. Ease of Use: im not a very good plyer but my friend is and he sed that like it plays amazing and so i guess that means its easy to use. its a gibson, so you shoudnt expect less from it or better from anything else. Quality: Two words. GIB SON. its the best. gibsons have always been the best and will always be the best. all the greats used them which means obviously that theyre the best. Value: i wish it wuz cheaper so i could have one. Manufacturer Support: Its gibson! Not like youll need it! The Wow Factor: its got sex appeal. just looking at the classic sg look i get a hardon. ROFLMAO. srsly tho i really want it lol. its good quality cuz its gibson and their ads say they make the worlds best guitars and i hav to agree because they said so. Overall: best guitar in the world.

When you call, mention priority code 175H-3Q13. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976