When you call, mention priority code 20D-ZX7W

Rating and Reviews: Gibson 2017 SG Standard T

Equipped with Classic '57 and '57+ humbuckers, the SG Standard T cranks out classic PAF tones. The lightweight mahogany body is ready to rock all night long.

"Sweet!!!!!" submitted November 4, 2016

By Scott S in Accident, MD
Overall
Musical Background: 40 years of playing Gibson guitar. I play Guitar, Bass, Piano.
Music Style: Classic Rock, Metal, Alternative, progressive
Sound: Lots of low end, very classic sounding. Feature: not a lot of bells and whistle. 2 pick-ups and some pots, all you need really. has a very nice tight grain in the top. Quality: this should last several lifetimes, if you take care of your guitars. Value: well worth the price. Manufacturer Support: called Gibson because the Multi-tool was not in the case. the mailed one right out to me, no questions asked. The Wow Factor: JUST COOL!!!!!!!!!!!! Overall: Just got this today. Out of the box, it was set up perfect. I did lower the action to my taste, but it was not necessary. The strap is ok, I will use it, just because it came with it, the Multi-tool was missing, but one call to Gibson and they mailed one to me. nice cleaning cloth. the brown Gibson USA hard-shell case with red interior was a big buying point for me, well, just because in the past getting a case out of Gibson was like pulling teeth. So all-in-all for the money, you get a really nice SG, case, leather strap, truss rod wrench, bridge tool, multi-tool, cleaning cloth. great deal. Now as for the SG, the finish is flawless. the frets and neck are perfect, the 57's are not my favorite pickups, but they sound really good on this guitar. has great tone and lots of bottom end. set up was perfect right out of the box. the Grover locking tuners are a nice plus. i will probably change the kidney buttons to keystones but that is my preference. I have always played Les Paul's and this is my first SG, but so far, I love this thing and I am sure it will be a staple part of my collection for many years to come. and for the price you cannot go wrong. it makes you feel like Angus when you crank this baby through a Marshall stack.

"Gibson 2017 Usa sg standard" submitted October 27, 2016

By Bill M in Seattle, WA
Musical Background: Decades playing Martins Gibsons Esp's
Music Style: Metal hardrock
Overall: This is the year to buy the sg. Upgraded locking tuners, and the nice gibson hard shell case. Just a little more than the last several years, but so worth it. Mine was perfect out of the box. So happy. I have others but this is my fav.

"My first SG..not so much." submitted October 13, 2016

By Micah M in Fulton, MO
Musical Background: Playing for 28 years
Music Style: Blues, rock
Overall: I got my cherry burst SG yesterday, and the first thing I noticed when tuning up was that the G string tuner had about an eighth turn of slack before it engaged. Not a huge deal, but not good. The second thing I noticed was that the inlay on the fifth fret was not flush. Not even close. Strike three is that the nut on the top side has a weird wavy think going on (not smooth). I played it for about 20 minutes and it sounds great. I put it back in the case, called zZounds, and they told me to return it for a replacement, but the cherry burst is out of stock. I'll have to wait. Not their fault, and they were very courteous. This is my third guitar from zZounds, and as long as they treat me right, there will be more. Gibson should have never let this guitar leave the factory, and I hope the next one lives up to the name. I will write another review when I get it.

When you call, mention priority code 20D-ZX7W. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976