When you call, mention priority code 12BP-1Q3G

Rating and Reviews: Gibson SG Original Guitar

Is that a vintage '60s SG? No, it's the Gibson SG Original: a nod to the first line of Gibson SGs, complete with Lyre tailpiece and '57 Classic humbuckers.

"Gibson SG Original 2014 Model" submitted March 8, 2014

By M. Robert Turenske in Clarksville, TN
Overall
Musical Background: On and off since 1972. Guitar and bass. For pleasure at home
Music Style: Rock, blues
Overall: Great quality and sound! Fit and finish were impressive and I feel fortunate as I've read many reviews by people who've had issues with Gibson quality control and instrument set-up. In my opinion, this guitar is a steal for the price! The pickups sound wonderful for clean or with gain. Like the Les Paul, this is a very versatile instrument. Though not Custom Shop quality wood, the grain on my guitar is truly beautiful and the finish really makes the grain pop! Sustain for days and the Maestro and tuners have kept perfect tune once I stretched the strings. The lyre tailpiece by the way oozes that classic 1961 vibe, minus the Custom Shop price! I'm confident this model will not be produced long as money-conscious folks should wisely flock toward it instead of the Custom Shop version, so I'd recommended picking one up ASAP! They're starting to become scare already not for any collector factor as much as for their great value! I kick myself in the butt for not picking one up when I was a kid: the original versions of all SGs littered the back rooms of my local music store, along with EB basses, all ES models, Gretsch, and all others lacking the early 1970s "cool factor" when everyone wanted Strats, Les Pauls and Teles! I arbitrarily gave 5 stars for Manufacturer Support, bearing in mind that I've had no issues with the guitar and live near Nashville whereby I confident that they would assist me with any issues.

"Gibson SG Original" submitted March 3, 2014

By John K in Austin, TX
Overall
Musical Background: I've played guitar nearly 40 years, having fun and making a little extra bread.
Music Style: Classic rock, blues, etc.
Sound: This is exactly what I expect from current, humbucker-equipped Gibson solid-body. Straightforward with quite a bit of "oomph." Feature: The tone woods look to be high quality. The finish is classic cherry and flawless. You're not gonna dive-bomb with the tremolo, but it's nice to have as an option and even if you never touch it, it's worth having as it seems to balance the guitar better than other SGs I've played: the alarming tendency of the headstock plummeting towards the floor unless the neck is supported is gone. Ease of Use: You can't beat this guitar for access to the upper frets. Good, playable action right out of the carton and it should play like a dream with some tweaking. Quality: The guitar played with decent action out of box. The frets are nicely dressed. No problem with the wiring. The finish is fine...It's obviously a well-crafted instrument. Value: I'm very satisfied with the price considering the materials and quality of the construction. Made in the USA! Manufacturer Support: I have not had any contact w/ the company and don't anticipate needing to in the future. The Wow Factor: The heavyweights of the era of rock that most influenced my playing all played SGs. Overall: I'm very pleased with this purchase.

"SG Original" submitted January 15, 2014

By Jeff K in Traverse City, MI
Overall
Musical Background: Occasionally professional musican just jamming at home now.
Music Style: Blues, Classic Rock
Overall: Beautiful guitar, awesome sound, the extra long neck takes just a little getting used to. Didn't sound quite right just out of the box. Had my luthier set it up and all is well now.

"Zzounds ROCKS THE WORLD!" submitted December 19, 2013

By bruce m in centennial, CO
Overall
Music Style: Progressive rock.
Overall: First let me say that I have never had more FUN buying an instrument! Period! I know that will sound to others like I am advertising for Zzounds, but lets face it, if you pay your bills, then they make purchasing easy for those of us with incurable G.A.S. (Gear acquisition syndrome)...Now for the SG Original. I do like this guitar The fit and finish are better than some recent Gibsons I have purchased. The wood is "ok" and the "sonic signature" of the mahogany is "decent". Of course, being a Gibson, I wasn't expecting the finest wood that they have in their vault. They reserve that for the VOS and Custom Shop gtrs. That said, the pickups in this gtr do not sound good. (I know that they do in my Les Paul Standard) but its the "wood" that makes the difference here. The "Lyre" tailpeice is much more solid than I had anticipated. Tuning is very good. The neck and fretboard are really nice. Access to the upper frets is beautiful (one of the reasons I love SG's) Overall I would give this guitar 4 stars. Only because I will have to put new pups in.

"Gibson SG Original w/ Lyre" submitted February 14, 2014

By Kasey H in Salisbury, NC
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing guitar for approximatley 10 years.
Music Style: Rock, Blues, and Reggae.
Overall: First time ordering online and must say I'm very impressed. Very very fast shipping and great customer service. Now for the guitar, it looks AWESOME and sounds even better! Very dark rosewood fret board to compliment that classic heritage cherry finish... Who would want to pay for a custom shop model when you can own this gem! Oh and the Nitrocellulose finish smells like heaven( : I would highly recommend this guitar for any SG lover. Best of modern day Gibson.

"sg gibson original" submitted February 5, 2014

By val c in las vegas, NV
Musical Background: home
Music Style: all
Overall: nice guitar looks and sounds good..lot of fun

"Fender American STD. Telecaster w/ Case" submitted January 14, 2014

By Rev. Jim Berlin in Richland Center, WI
Overall
Musical Background: 45 years experience; 25 on the road and now as Senior Pastor in the Free Methodist Church and active member in our Praise Team.
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Southern Rock, Country, Country-Rock, Gospel and Contemporary Christian as well as some Jazz.
Overall: The Fender Telecaster is not for everyone, but if you want the true sound of an early Telecaster and aren't interested in paying thousands of dollars for a vintage one, then this model is the one for you! It has all the twang factor and some really great blues. jazz and early rock-n-roll sounds. Although I am too old to be a Thrasher, I see the younger guys using it in that form of music as well. The PUPS are great and extremely versatile, the neck plays like butter and the craftsmanship is all Fender!!! I am very happy with my purchase and highly recommend this guitar to anyone who wants that single coil sound from days gone by. It is great for Church Praise Teams which is where I currently use it. A worthy purchase.

When you call, mention priority code 12BP-1Q3G. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976