When you call, mention priority code 209-PPBM

Rating and Reviews: Gibson 2014 SGM

The "M" stands for Min-ETune. Loaded with Gibson's innovative tuning system and '61 Zebra humbuckers, the SGM is a unbeatable deal on a USA-made Gibson SG.

"2014 Gibson 120th Anniversary SGM in cherry satin" submitted February 3, 2015

By Gary Mosher in Hudsonville, MI
Overall
Musical Background: Relearning to play, after 25 years. I had forgotten how fun it is!
Music Style: I Love 80's Hard Rock and Metal!
Overall: This is my first real Gibson! I couldn't believe, when I saw this model on sale. The SG has always been one of my favorite models. I was a little bit leary to buy a guitar labeled "Blemished". I called zZounds, and spoke to a representative about a couple of questions I had. He was very knowledgeable, and let me know I had nothing to worry about with a purchase, because of the great return policy. So, I took a chance, after thinking about it for quite some time. My SG arrived in four days, along with a case I ordered to go with it. The SG, and the case, came from two different parts of the country. Amazing, that they arrived together! My SG is AWESOME!!!! The Min-e-Tune, is unbelievable! I still think it's crazy, that a guitar can tune itself. It plays so great!!!! Thank You zZounds!!!!

"2014 Gibson SGM" submitted March 11, 2016

By Rich P in Holiday, FL
Overall
Musical Background: Been Playing 35 years, Played Pro, But now Jam at home.
Music Style: Rock, Metal
Overall: Well I have owned quite a few Les Paul and Sg guitars. They usually play and sound like crap. At this price I thought I would give it a shot. This guitar actually plays Great, And these humbuckers are not muddy through Marshall amps, Like the ones that come in standard Les Paul or Sg guitars. The min-e tune system actually works perfect. And this guitar is 24 fret. It plays better than a $2,100 Angus model I had or any Gibson Sg I have had. It has a gap on the neck at the fret board from where the jig is setup to make it for binding, Gibson could have sanded it down but it id o.k. It is a very good deal for a Great playing guitar. It is stripped down, But the min-e tune and the humbuckers and price make up for it all. I would recommend it, It would be a great guitar for stage and at this price, One you don`t have to baby. Never used Gibson support so I guess I will put 5 stars? The wow factor? Hmm , But I have been complimented already on the appearance.

"Awesome guitar!!" submitted September 18, 2014

By Marc H in Millville, NY
Overall
Overall: This guitar was a lower end Gibson stripped down model!! Very nice quality and playability for the price! I saw a previous review for this guitar! """What did you read dude!!!! Your looking for gold in a coal mine!! I played and own a few 2014 Gibson models! Set up the way you like them and you can enjoy them a lot more!!!

"In what world is this comparable to the playing feel of a SG Standard?" submitted February 21, 2014

By Dallas S in Sandpoint, ID
Overall
Musical Background: Extensive collection of SGs.
Music Style: Rock, blues.
Overall: No binding, no gloss finish, no trapezoid or headstock inlays, no mahogany neck... This is in no way the same look, feel, or tone of an SG Standard. Try again with the description, Gibson. Everything this year has been cheapened like crazy. Time for Henry to retire.
16 of 39 people (41.03%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 209-PPBM. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976