When you call, mention priority code 172W-HLMJ

Rating and Reviews: Gibson Kirk Douglas SG

Three '57 Classic humbuckers give this SG a vast range of scorching and versatile tones -- perfect for a tonal chameleon just like The Roots' Kirk Douglas.

"Outstanding at any price" submitted October 31, 2013

Overall
Overall: I really like this guitar! Maybe I just caught a good one, I dont know? But everything about it surpassed my expectations. The neck requires little effort whether playing fast runs or chords. The set up was pretty good not needing any immediate attention. But the tone, or tones are amazing. I tried to find a sound this guitar could not produce and I couldn't! Every tone is %100 no compromise! I had bought 2 new Gibby's that disappointed me big time. Not this one. One great guitar and a keeper! Ad in the price and at this price point I am not sure you can buy a better guitar, no matter what style music you are into. Over all I rated this 4.5 staers. Made a mistake when entering the rating....4.5 all the way.

"I LOVE this guitar" submitted October 13, 2013

Overall
Overall: when i saw this guitar on the Gibson website, I thought it was too good to be true. This was everything i've ever wanted in an SG.Gloss maroon finish. Blade thin neck, a maestro vibrola, 3 classic 57s. and the batwing pickguard, and the split diamond custom ornamentation at the headstock. You've seen the pictures, you know what it is.Visually, its stunning. The middle pickup volume/toggle is a nice touch, but its not that big of a deal. The middle pick up is not an issue, its just a feature that is interesting, but as a player, its not going to get much attention in a live situation. its just not quick to adjust, and not that noticeable. However I can see this being of use in a studio application where you have more time to dial in precise sounds. The coil splitting is a nice touch. The neck PU in single coil setting is clean and shimmers well that can lend itself to the best of Gibson's world and lean into the sounds of a strat. (yes i said it) and it sounds warm and clear. When in humbucker mode, a fatter tone. Not as fat as the Les Pau's neck pickup, but still a saturated wail. The vibrola needs .10s, or .11s & correct string winding at the headstock to handle the shimmers. Sounds like a dream come true with a proper set up. Word on the street (and Kirk Douglas' Twitter feed) is Gibson's only making 400. Could just be sneaky marketing... watch for this guitar to be available in several colors next year since these are going so fast. You never know. Its beautiful. Sounds like a dream, but they made too big a deal about the middle pickup. Its a smooth playing guitar that anyone would be proud to own. I love mine. I love it . I love it.Zzounds was incredibly cool as well. Fed Ex? Not so Much. But everyone I dealt with from Zzounds was top notch in customer service. I will continue to work with them anytime I need a big ticket item. They stand by their word. You WILL get a better price. they will act. this is a company that is well aware you're buying a guitar sight unseen and they need you to be happy with your gear, and will do what it takes to help. Just treat them right. They're good people. Enough out of me. Great Guitar. Great company!

"Gibson Limited Edition Kirk Douglas SG " submitted November 20, 2013

By Euva H in Paragould, AR
Overall
Musical Background: I bought as a gift for my grandson who plays.
Music Style: He plays rock & Blues
Overall: Love the style & sound

"Kirk Douglas SG" submitted October 26, 2013

By Thorn White in Paragould, AR
Overall
Musical Background: Professional musician for 3 + years, Gibson SG Custom, Stagg SG, Aspen ES-335
Music Style: 80's Glam Metal, Rock N' Roll, Glam Rock, 70's Hard Rock, Blues, Blues Rock.
Sound: This guitar sounds beautiful in clean settings and even in distorted settings it has a sound that is unlike any other. It is obvious from the moment you open the case, why musicians all over the world have used the SG guitar. Through the Marshall JMD 1-100 this guitar sounds perfect for the style of music I play. 80's Glam Metal and Rock N' Roll. Along with 70's rock and more. It is well suited to play blues, and can easily achieve pinch harmonics. The 57 classics pickup literally every sound you make similar to original PAF pickups or 490R pickups used in the more expensive Les Paul Custom. Feature: I love everything about this guitar from the Mahogany body to the Grade A rosewood fret board. however I feel like an Ebony fret board would have better complimented this instrument. The Vibrato system I think is both a plus and a dis advantage for this instrument. You can dive bomb with it but it gets out of tune and I just wouldn't do that with this particular guitar. With the new Gibson guitar strings it comes with they have to set in. and when you use the vibrato system on the start it causes it to get out of tune. But this is no real major problem. Ease of Use: As long as your a skilled musician you can get a great sound from any guitar. it is easy to shred on this guitar, with it's super thin 60's slim tapered neck, smooth rosewood finger board, it is just a great instrument. It is very playable, as far as a learning curve I have enjoyed playing guitar now more than ever, now I have a true reason to learn new songs, and make my own for my band. Quality: This is an American made Gibson SG Custom produced in Nashville TN. it was obviously made with great quality, I feel this guitar can last for as long as you want it to last as long as you take good care of it, clean it on a regular basis and change the strings regularly. Value: This guitar typically sells for over 2,000 - retail price. With zZsounds you save 40% so I will say yes this guitar is worth every last penny. Manufacturer Support: I have not contacted them but I have not had one problem with this instrument. The Wow Factor: It was everything I wanted in a guitar minus the Ebony fingerboard. I wanted this guitar as soon as I discovered it came out. the way it looks is ridiculously beautiful in real life, and more beautiful that it is in the pictures. Even if I could make music without it I would still want this instrument, it allows me to make music better than I used to make it. Overall: I have played a lot of guitars over the past 3 years of my playing professionally, from a Gibson Les Paul Custom, to a Gibson Zakk Wylde Custom and an assortment of other guitars and I have to say that this guitar could easily compete or out play the Les Paul Custom. At it's price of $1,499 it was well worth the price with great quality and craftsmanship, and zZsounds is amazing with it's fast delivery.And the quality of the guitar is outstanding Grover tuners are in good condition, one super small blemish from shipping. And all 3, 57 classics and the tog pot works perfectly. And sounds beautiful through a fine tuned Marshall JMD-1 stack. Over all this is an excellent guitar and it is the first Gibson I have ever owned. The guitar looks are stunning and the finish is beautiful under the stage lights, and looks better than a traditional SG. The only fault I found is I couldn't open the box fast enough! any actual problem though is the small problem that is to be expected with any guitar that is equipped with new strings, and a floyd, or vibrato system which is why I gave it 4/12 on features and a 4 on ease of use. The strings loose their tuning when vibrato is used even slightly on the start however all they need is to set in. and the Grover Keystone tuners improve the tuning stability over all But it is just a tiny hassle to re tune frequently. But still over all it is completely worth it to own such a beautifully crafted instrument.

"IT'S A KEEPER!!!!" submitted November 6, 2013

By Derrick Oliver
Musical Background: Been playing guitar for 15 years
Music Style: Blues
Overall: It's not to often you get more than what you pay for this guitar should cost 2x what there getting for this guitar.I've had this guitar now for about two months and with its versatility my Tele and strat are collecting dust this thing sounds awesome with the toggle switch in any position and the push pull pots give some awesome single coil tones and the adjustable middle pickup is a probably my favorite feature!! Don't waste anymore time just buy one you will not be disappointed! From what I hear they have only made a very limited supply of them so jump on one!

When you call, mention priority code 172W-HLMJ. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976