When you call, mention priority code 172Q-9GVN

Rating and Reviews: Gibson 2014 SGJ

With a pair of '61 Zebra humbuckers on a solid mahogany body, the SGJ offers incredible Gibson SG style, tone and sustain for an unheard-of low price.

Overall

"I am amazed by the quality, tone, and price of this axe!" submitted February 25, 2014

By Marvin Mealer in Tunnel Hill, GA
Overall
Musical Background: Played piano 26 years, guitar 20. I play in church weekly.
Music Style: Contemporary Christian, Blues, Rock.
Overall: I purchased the Satin Fireburst. I wasn't sure what to expect at this price point. I was blown away by how good the neck felt, add it didn't hurt my arthritic hands. I thought surely they went cheap on the pickups. The pickups are great both clean and dirty. The finish is absolutely stunning with no blemishes. The first needed very little setup out if the box. The only thing I did was change the Cleartone 9s to DR Pure Blues 10's which changed the tone and feel from wow to jaw dropping! The gig bag is really nice too! This guitar is a lot of bang for the buck!

"decent guitar for a good price" submitted February 4, 2014

By a customer from aim.com
Overall
Overall: My sgj14 just arrived via fedex today. It only took 3 days to get here which I consider pretty good for ground shipping. Zzounds is great! The guitar is an all around good guitar. Mine arrived set up pretty decent. Very light, good feeling neck profile. Playability is good. The frets are kind of shard on the ends, I wouldn't call it a big deal. The fret board is very dry but nothing a little lemon oil won't fix. The pickups don't really blow me away, they are decent at best. Overall, you have a bare bones Gibson meant to be rocked for a great price. If your a gigging musician like me that needs a solid axe that doesn't break the bank I highly advise this guitar to you.

"awesom" submitted March 31, 2014

By Coy K in Hondo, NM
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing for 33 yrs. I play electric and acoustic guitar and jam at small gatherings and at home mainly.
Music Style: Rock and blues
Overall: This is the first Gibson I have ever owned. I have been playing an Ibanez Roadstar 2 for about 27 yrs. I have played on Les Paul's in the past but never on a SG. Have to admit this is an awesome guitar for what it is. Being stripped down, this guitar is more than you will expect. Has a great Gibson sound, with very nice action right out of the box and so lightweight, it is much lighter than my old Ibanez. zZounds is great and can't beat the payment options anywhere. This SGJ Rocks.

"Nice axe" submitted February 3, 2014

By B A in Alberton , MT
Overall
Musical Background: Jam with friends, small bar gigs..
Music Style: Jam, rock, reggae, country, psychedelic funk
Overall: Zzounds rocks, still making payments on this beauty, but I can tell ya it rocks. Great playing guitar right out of the box. I don't think you'll ever find another gibson for the price. Researched a lot and I believe this is the nicest guitar in the price range.

"Amazing Value!" submitted February 24, 2014

By Jordan Jacksom in Williamsburg, OH
Musical Background: semi pro
Music Style: Rock, blues, Christian
Overall: The value of this guitar is amazing. Sound is amazing. It resonates almost like an acoustic and sounds MASSIVE! Fit and finish was just right. I had to switch the string to 10's and adjust the action but overall couldn't be happier. Buy this now!

"awesome, simply awesome" submitted July 27, 2014

By Kevin R in Winterville, NC
Musical Background: playing for 25 years
Music Style: Rock, folk, and everything in between
Overall: For the price, or even for more, you will not find a better guitar. The pickups are amazing, nice clarity but will growl properly when needed. The neck is chunkier than I thought it would be. Very comfortable. The frets are pleked so that's nice, but they could have spent some time on the fret ends. That's my only gripe. Finish is nice, hardware is good, tuners are rock solid. The guitar as a whole is very light, less than 7 lbs, and is very resonant. This is a very nice guitar, then you figure in price and this is an amazing guitar! Thanks Zzounds!

"Gibson SGJ is more than just OK" submitted October 8, 2014

By a customer from yahoo.com in Bethlehem, PA
Overall
Musical Background: Started playing saxaphone in elementry school (anyone relate to this!!), then over time the guitar, bass guitar and drums. 35 yr
Music Style: Rock, Jazz, Blues, Zappa
Overall: For less than five hundred bucks delivered to your front door and made in the USA, it would be hard to top that. Don't let the Junior fool you, it's got a pair (sorry ladies!). You won't be disappointed.

"gibson sgj guitar" submitted June 10, 2014

By Bernard A in Roanoke, VA
Musical Background: playing for decades. . . guitar, some keyboard, and vocals
Music Style: contemporary christian, blues, and some folk
Overall: What can I say....it's a true gibson american made guitar for under $600! Amazing tone, beautiful finish, and unbelievable feel. There is no way I could be happier about my purchase.

"GREAT GUITAR" submitted July 3, 2014

By Brian P in Morristown, TN
Musical Background: 20 yrs learning I play guitar,and drums
Music Style: 80's metal, rock, and some blues
Overall: Great guitar needed little set up out of the box. Tone is very good, I was worried about the pick-ups but I have to say they are fine for me. great blues and classic rock guitar.

"Gibson SGJ 2014" submitted February 22, 2014

By Mark C in Dallas, TX
Overall
Musical Background: Playing guitar for 1 year, and play mostly at home nearly everyday.
Music Style: Blues, Rock, and Metal
Overall: This is my first Gibson and I was truly impressed with Gibson and they have this year. Not only does this guitar look and feel great, but it sounds awesome! It is a very versatile, from metal to rock, blues, and country. Zzounds customer service is top notch, and very responsive with great pricing.

"Gibson 2014 SGJ" submitted October 5, 2014

By Mitch B in santa fe, NM
Overall
Musical Background: Play for 30+ years.
Music Style: rock and metal
Overall: Incredible price for a Gibson. Obviously not as nice as the upper end Gibsons but overall very happy with it. Plays and sounds great. All I had to do was change the strings. 4 payment plan made it easier for my other half to swallow.

"The Key to Major Bang, Minor Buck" submitted June 4, 2014

By jack f in cibolo, TX
Overall
Musical Background: Playing guitars since '66. Have gravitated to L. Pauls/strats. Picked up bass and keyboard along the way for demos, etc.
Music Style: Playing top 40 for the clubs, originals for the record deals. Taste runs to jazzy melodic good time foot tappers.
Overall: New Gibson? Anniversary Model? For less than 6 Benjies? Yes Please!

When you call, mention priority code 172Q-9GVN. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976