When you call, mention priority code 12FC-MQGP

Rating and Reviews: Gibson 2014 SG Futura Min

An incredible value on a USA-made SG, the Futura comes loaded with Gibson's Min-ETune system and coil-tappable BurstBucker 3 and P-90H Sidewinder pickups.

"SG Futura" submitted February 25, 2014

By skip andrews in HUNTSVILLE, AL
Musical Background: I been playing off and on for about 20yrs
Music Style: ii play mostly at home and a few blues jams.Blues and classic rock
Overall: Veru nice guitar it seems to fit me just right.I like the sidewinder pu and the boost switch, never had one before it works great.

"Awesome guitar!!" submitted March 8, 2014

By Craig H in Jackson, CA
Overall
Musical Background: 34 year veteran guitar player. Play professionaly.
Music Style: Rock, blues
Overall: It plays like butter, what else can I say? Action was perfect out of the box, the 15db gain switch is a great feature, as is the coil tap feature on both PUs. Came with a Gibson USA hard shell case, although product description reads gig bag. Excellent guitar.

"Does The Job But Not For Those Who Think That They Are Buying A Quality Gibson" submitted March 20, 2014

By Tod M in Thetford Center, VT
Musical Background: Longtime Pro
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Pop, Country
Sound: Sounds Good, If Not Downright Great!. I was hoping for something that tonally sounded a bit more like my ESP XTone, that I hot rodded with Duncan P-Rails and coil cut switches. It doesn't but it does sound good and gives me a similar versatility. That versatility and the Min E-Tune were the main draws for me here and it delivers big time. The DB Boost Switch is also very nice. No noise in any of the switching either. Feature: Well, obviously, the Min E-Tune is amazing. People who don't like this probably have failed to read the instructions and exercise patience. Is it perfect? No, but if you need to change tunings on stage a lot and don't want to lug an arsenal of guitars, I highly recommend it. I really can't say enough about the switching options and the boost switch. Really nice touches. Oh, and the case. Very Nice! Ease of Use: Like I said, the tuning will take some time, and you will have to spend some time getting the hang of the switching, if you have never driven a hot rod before but, very well laid out and thought out. Quality: Now there's the rub. Gibson really should be ashamed of themselves on the fit and finish portion of this guitar. I knew I was buying a Gibson that cost less than $1200 with all of these features but still.... It's pretty sad and bringing a vastly more acceptable product would have cost next to nothing. Fret ends that aren't finished off well, and just a sub par finish over all. It's not terrible on the body, mind you. The back of the neck is orange peeled so bad as to give it a texture. BAD FORM!. I am a coatings professional so I know what went wrong here. It's over-spray from shooting the paint and lacquer sloppily. It can be corrected with some very fine (0000) steel wool. But really, I shouldn't have to. They could have bugged this out in the shop, if anybody had bothered to pay attention to it before shipping. It's going to look great on stage but if you get any closer than 5 feet, you are going to say "Gibson... Really? Is it made in China or something". Actually.... I apologize to the Chinese. To be clear, the setup is nice, the neck straight and true and the electronics seem to be very solid. So let's be honest, they got the most important things right, But if it weren't for the Min E-Tune, I would have put this right back in the box and returned it.I typically buy Korean made guitars (or do/purchase custom builds) because they are on par with American made and far less expensive. This is my first US made, factory built guitar and my ESP LTD XTone, came out of the box, blowing this guitar away, in overall quality. Value: That's kinda tough. For me, it's a good bang for the buck because for a few $ and not a lot of effort, I can whip into shape to be a good workhorse. But I am just short of being a luthier. I have built a fair amount of electric guitars, do my own setups, most of my own electronic repair and done auto body and paint work, years ago. But for the average buyer, looking for a real quality Gibson, you Manufacturer Support: I have not spoken to them yet but I am tempted to, if for no other reason than curiosity, to see how they respond. If they make a bunch of excuses connected to the price point, it will be the last Gibson I ever buy. The Wow Factor: From 5 or more feet away, WOW!To hold in your hands... Not so much. Overall: This is one of the hardest gear reviews I have ever done because I bought it and I think I am going to keep it but my recommend is highly conditional.

"BIG OL BAG OF SWEETNESS!!" submitted March 10, 2014

By Colton Fulcher
Overall
Musical Background: 10 years live touring.
Music Style: ROCK N ROLL
Overall: I got the Champagne SG. I body is thin lots of neck weight. Super nice action right out of the box! I am very picky and was rather nervous mot ever playing the model before ordering, and it surpassed my expectations! The Min-eTune works FAST and super accurate!

"Fantastic guitar with great, new technology." submitted February 9, 2014

By Jim E in Bentonville, AR
Overall
Musical Background: Over 30 years on guitar. Also play bass, some piano and harmonica.
Music Style: Rock, blues, country, jazz.
Overall: Got mine in Inverness Green. A little darker than it appears in picture, but otherwise wonderful. I got this for the minEtune as I like experimenting with alternate tunings, but don't like trying to figure them out. This does everything it is supposed to do and couldn't be happier!

"***Disappointed***" submitted February 23, 2014

By Patrick W in Riverview, FL
Musical Background: 40 years. Blue, rock
Music Style: Blues, rock
Overall: I took my time in purchasing a new guitar. I read a lot of reviews and listened to many of them here on zzounds. So after all of that I decided to order the Gibson sg futura mini tune. I do own other gibsons and have been very satisified with them. I got mine and opened the box. I ordered the bullion gold and it looked exactly as advertised. Beautiful and sounded great. When I started really looking at it I found the pick guard was all scratched up. I ordered "NEW". Not blemished. There were black marks on the face I had to clean off. The toggle switch from treble to rhythm crackles when switching back and forth. I just thought being an 120th anniversary edition Gibson would of used good quality parts. Its just very disappointing to spend almost $1100 on a new guitar and get something scratched up with faulty parts. I'm pretty disappointed in Gibson for letting this get through their quality control. This is no reflection of Zzounds. They did a great job in the shipping and packaging. I will be returning. As for the mini-tune system.....sometimes it takes a few times through tuning to get it perfect. It doesn't do it the first time through. Maybe that has something to do with the new strings.

"Beyond expectations" submitted December 26, 2013

By Ed Raynie in Staten Island, NY
Overall
Musical Background: If I were a golfer you would call me a duffer.
Music Style: rock, blues and more rock
Overall: Probably the last I needed was ANOTHER guitar, but between the nostalgia, features, color, price and 0% financing I didn't stand a chance. What most impressed me about this purchase was that I made it on 12/23 and it arrived on 12/25. Simply amazing. Really a beautiful guitar both visually and sonically.

When you call, mention priority code 12FC-MQGP. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976