When you call, mention priority code 1ZT-9G78

Rating and Reviews: SG Standard 24-Fret

With 24 frets, and the versatile pickup combo of Firebird mini and 57 Classic humbuckers, this limited-edition SG has miles of musical and tonal range.

"Gibson Limited Edition Run SG STD 24 " submitted September 21, 2015

By Matthew Lukaszewicz in Columbia Falls, MT
Overall
Musical Background: I play guitar, bass, banjo, mandolin, piano.
Overall: The quality of the materials and craftsmanship is impressive. I didn't find any obvious flaws. However the setup was terrible. The action was sky high, the intonation was way off and the pickup heights were drastically off. I got it setup correctly and I have nothing but good to say about it. The firebird mini humbucker in the neck has a distinct clarity that I think adds a lot to the versatility of the guitar and the Iommi in the bridge is great for high gain riffing. This has quickly become a recording mainstay for me. The 24 frets are nice for tapping out harmonics.

"Everything I hoped for" submitted March 4, 2015

By Joe B in Roanoke, VA
Musical Background: 20+ yrs guitar/bass
Music Style: Hard Rock, Blues Rock, Punk Rock, Rock Rock, some Roll.... maybe a little Classic Metal and Stoner Metal.
Sound: Sounds exactly like a friggin SG!! I love to rock AC/DC and this does it flawlessly. 57 classic in the bridge? Hello Angus! So hot and electric sounding. I'll be totally up front - I was pretty nervous about the Firebird pickup because I never had any experience with them and I didn't want to be handicapped by something different than what I was familiar with. But I was totally and completely unjustified in worrying. I love the Firebird. It has a much warmer and tighter tone than any neck pickup I've ever used. So happy with it. It's a brilliant addition and a brilliant tool to have on an SG. I would have liked a little higher output pup from the bridge but I'm not at all unhappy about it. You probably won't get any super dark metal tones from it without a lot of effects on it. Both pickups are beautifully clear and distinct. Feature: The first thing I noticed was the neck. Same width and taper that I'm used to but it's much more shallow. It doesn't fill my hand up and gives me more room to move my fingers. The coil splits are great. Especially since I didn't want to mod this guitar at all being what it is. Caps are fine. They're fine. 24 fret SG. And yes with amazing access to them. Excellent tuners - nice and smooth with a good tight gear ratio. Very fine control. Ease of Use: It makes me feel like a better player than I am. It just FEELS good to play. Quality: Gibson quality. It's great. Sounds as good as an acoustic unplugged. It will still be in good playing condition when I pass it on to my son. Nice long sustain. Nice out of box setup - flawless intonation. The action is a smidge high for my taste but that's nothing that can't be adjusted. Good clean level frets - no buzzing. Value: I feel like I got a perfectly good deal. I think it is worth it's price. Manufacturer Support: I actually did speak with Gibson to get some info about this. I had no issues with it, I just wanted some info about the pickup construction and how many were made etc. I talked to a guy named John. He was very cool and conversational. He answered all my questions. 24 hour customer support baby! zZounds needs more info about this guitar in the specs/description. The Wow Factor: It's a real SG but it's kind of weird. Thats why I bought it. I wanted a guitar that would make people look a little closer and it does that. At first glance it looks like a normal SG. But then you notice the FB in the neck and the 2 extra frets (notice no inlay on the 24th fret? I love that. It's subtle). Also no slugs showing on the pups. I like it because it's just sublime overall. It's different but nothing really pops right out at you. Overall: Here's the thing. I wanted this guitar because I wanted an SG but I also wanted a guitar that you don't see all the time. So when I saw this I got pretty excited. I wanted a new guitar with 24 frets anyway and the Firebird pickup is just weird enough that it made me really want this. Everything that's different about it is so subtle that no one will notice at first glance. When I decided to make a review for this I told myself I was going to be critical and objective and stuff, and that I wouldn't just gush out all 5 stars. Well the thing is - this guitar turned out to be exactly what I wanted and I don't think it would be fair to give it less than all 5 stars. I really think it deserves it.
48 of 51 people (94.12%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Gibson Rocks!" submitted July 26, 2015

By Don C in Maine, ME
Musical Background: Professional beginner
Music Style: Anything
Overall: This thing looks, plays, and sounds amazing! So happy I bought it, even though I never tried it in person. So many tones to be had. It is quickly becoming my favorite in the stable. Get one!
13 of 14 people (92.86%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Tone Monster!!!!" submitted August 24, 2015

By David L in Corona, CA
Musical Background: Playing professionally for 20+ years
Music Style: Rock n roll, country, punk, metal, garage, surf, rockabilly, you name it!
Overall: Possibly the best guitar I've played!!! The tone is unbelievable, with its slim neck, light weight, but not too light, stays in tune, and the pickup configuration is really fantastic! The Iommi pickups with the Firebird neck pickup gives a nice vintage 70s rock I was looking for in a guitar. Also this guitar cuts really will in a band and works wonders with pedals and all amps I've played with. Best guitar I ever owned!!!
10 of 11 people (90.91%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Coolest SG you can buy right now!" submitted September 2, 2015

By Daniel Steele in Portland, CT
Overall
Musical Background: Old school head banger who never leaves the disco alone.
Music Style: Disco Thrash and Boogie metal
Overall: I paid full price a year ago and don't regret it one bit! Having 24 frets on a Gibson is fun. The firebird pu w coil tap is my top reason to purchase. Blending the two pickups will fascinate tone freaks. I get the same feeling when I'm behind the wheel of a muscle car jamming riffs ala Sabbath,COC, AC DC!!! I love playing it unplugged, finger tapping jazz chords and patterns are bell like and player friendly with 24 frets. Buy a blemished one without a care, you will play this guitar a lot dings and dents will occur!!!!!!!

"Dissapointed" submitted March 28, 2016

By Darius Swatzell in Mayfield , KY
Musical Background: Been playing of and on for many years
Music Style: Sabbath, zepplin ,zz,blues
Overall: First.of all, zzounds was very cool ,as usual. Me being a huge sabbath fan i thought i was getting my dream axe. I got a mexican telecaster that will make you put this thing back in the case.the neck was seriously bowed when i first got it,the pickup was touching the strings.now,most of this was an easy fix and it played beautifully,now that my 45 day return time is up i have developed a very bad humming noise in the wiring that Never goes away no matter what. Gibson ignores me.i will never buy another gibson product

"Should not really be called a "Standard" SG" submitted July 16, 2015

By Danny W in Greenfield , WI
Overall
Musical Background: Started playing 33 years ago, professionally for 20. I now play a Schecter Hellraiser Hybrid
Music Style: Classic 1960s-1990s hard rock/metal. Progressive Metal. Classical. Neo-Classical. Blues/Jazz.
Overall: I went to the local music store and tried out new Gibson SG Standards( 2 versions, cherry and see-through-black ), the ones that are $1800 and only 22 frets and it was a really great guitar, so I was confident that the Gibson SG 24 that I ordered from Zzounds was going to be of the same ilk, just with 24 frets. I couldn't have been more wrong......first of all, the fretboard wood was of the most poor quality rosewood, I thought it was one of those dyed maple jobs and the binding looked and felt cheap. Second, it's easy to see they save the better quality mahogany for the stained heritage cherry SGs, as I got the ebony model and could see waves and lines and what actually looked like a crack that went from the strap button to the headstock!! I would absolutely never recommend this particular Gibson guitar, unless you like paying Gibson prices for less-than-Epiphone quality. Just buy the original Gibson SG Standard with 22 frets, a much nicer guitar. This was all made much worse because the guitar I ordered was also defective, the neck had shifted/twisted so that you could not stop the ridiculous fretbuzz until the strings were almost an inch above the fretboard....but even if the SG had played they way it was supposed to(awesomely) I was still very unhappy/disappointed with the overall quality of this guitar. I so wanted this guitar to be awesome, I really did. I must add that Zzounds did everything in their power to make this right and came through for me....I wasn't charged anything extra or any restocking fee and got a full refund which I promptly used to buy a guitar from them that I was infinitely more satisfied with...... the Schecter Hellraiser Hybrid, $500 cheaper and 10 times better than that Gibson.

"Fooled" submitted October 23, 2016

By Darry S in Mayfield, KY
Musical Background: Have played for years
Music Style: Black sabbath,led Zep,classic rock blues
Overall: Guys,your not getting what you pay for.The pickup in the bridge Is Not!!! A tony iommi pickup.it is a 57 classic.zZounds was probably not aware of this and they resolved the issue promptly.The workmanship on this guitar is quite possibly the worse ive ever seen.A guitar at this price point should be stunning.The fretwork is terrible and i had to take the guitar to a luthier to get the frets dressed (very costly).And forget gibson,they will not help you at all period!.

"Returned it" submitted July 20, 2015

By Annie H in Marietta, GA
Musical Background: Playing since the '70s
Music Style: Rock baby
Overall: My guitar arrived on time and well packaged. I was a bit surprised by the color of the guitar. It is brown (translucent ebony). I had seen this color scheme at my local guitar store but did not realize this was the color I was ordering. The color on sounds site looks much darker than it looks in person. I had already planned to replace the tan trim work but the cocoa brown stain was a bridge too far for me. The guitar felt like a lower quality SG.A minor fix but major disappointment: the guitar arrived with the G string flopping loose. MinEtune went nuts trying to tune G and never really got around to tuning the other strings ( and I like MinEtune in normal situations)...so I never got to test drive this guitar so I can't speak to its playability. I own three SGs - a special, a deluxe and a supreme. I love these guitars. Sounds was great. They promptly credited me the same day they received the returned guitar. I will definitely do more business w/sounds but if I buy another guitar here I will google for pics of the color before buying.

When you call, mention priority code 1ZT-9G78. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976