When you call, mention priority code 16J2-Z7QF

Rating and Reviews: Gibson 2013 SG Standard

With a pair of '57 Classic pickups, slim '60s-style neck, and a throwback pickguard, the Gibson 2013 SG Standard is back with some serious enhancements.

"Fantastic!" submitted July 16, 2013

By Dave M in Reading, PA
Musical Background: Electric guitar for nearly 20 years
Music Style: Rock, classic rock, metal, blues, alternative, hard rock, etc
Overall: I don't care what anyone says, Gibson still makes excellent guitars. I got one of these in Cherry and it's completely exceeded my expectations. After a string change and slight truss rod and bridge adjustments to adapt to heavier strings, this thing ROCKS. Playability is superb, the neck shape is perfect for me, and it's a tone monster. I couldn't be happier.

"Awesome SG Standard!!!" submitted February 20, 2013

By Trent B in Virginia Beach, VA
Overall
Musical Background: Hobbyist. Former band member. Jam at home now.
Music Style: Folk, Rock, Blues- anything that sounds good.
Overall: Forget the '61 Reissue! This has all the same features, except for the larger headstock. Played this last weekend, and it sounds and feels great. Very light. I play Strat more than anything, and also have a Les Paul Studio. This thing is lighter than both. Just over 6 lbs! Great neck, with REAL ROSEWOOD. Of course, '57 Classic pickups sound great also. I haven't bought it yet, but might decide to before the 12-payment deadline. This one's a winner!!
22 of 23 people (95.65%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"The SG Standard" submitted December 22, 2013

By Marc C in Worcester, MA
Overall
Musical Background: Playing for 25 years, professionally for some, less so now.
Music Style: Everything I can possibly play.
Overall: What else can you say? It is awesome. I have wanted an SG for a long time, and this guitar fulfills everything I was looking for in an SG. The 60's neck is perfect, the 57 classic pickups are great! This guitar is well worth it. I don't know what took me so long to finally get one, but now that I have it, I am having trouble playing my other guitars! If you are thinking you want an SG, you cannot go wrong with this model.

"Gibson USA still makes great guitars!" submitted December 22, 2013

By Durman Jackson in Chicago, IL
Musical Background: Since 1977
Overall: I got my first Gibson SG standard in 1977, this one (2013) is better than that one! The fit and finish are up to Gibson's high standards. Zzounds continues to be great seller!!

"SG Thunderstruck" submitted January 25, 2014

By Sidney G in Kennewick, WA
Musical Background: Playing since age 14 and am now 61
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Christian, Country
Overall: I am really pleased with the look and feel of this guitar. I've owned the Epiphone copy of this and there just is no comparison to the Gibson SG. Everything about this guitars screams "play me". When I do play it it is just the right sound for what songs I use it for. Get this one if you can cause there is none other like it.

"a guitar with a classic bite." submitted January 8, 2014

By Raymond Paulino in Fresno, CA
Overall
Musical Background: 17 years guitar, keys, voice, percussion.
Music Style: Metal,blues, hard rock,
Overall: This thing feels amazing. The pickups are vintage sounding as promise. The neck is slick. The finished is smooth. This guitar will have you playing classic licks in no time

"What a great guitar" submitted December 23, 2013

By Joseph Ream in Newark, OH
Overall
Overall: I had really put off getting nice guitar due to the price tag but thanks to the 8 monthly payments I was able to grab this beauty. I play so much more now, the sound of this thing is just amazing.

When you call, mention priority code 16J2-Z7QF. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976