When you call, mention priority code 158B-ZY3K

Rating and Reviews: Gibson J-45 Standard

Play a piece of history when you pick up a Gibson J-45 Standard. This workhorse dreadnought acoustic delivers great tone with an LR Baggs Element pickup.

"Great guitar!!" submitted October 16, 2013

By Nick F in Asheville, NC
Musical Background: Freelance
Music Style: rock, country,
Overall: First off, when you open the case its like Christmas every time you look at the guitar. Excellent tone and when you drop it down it really starts to sound good. I would recommend taking it and getting it professionally setup. The action is a little high right out of the box. Also I was disappointed that the nut is plastic. For the money, you would think it would be a bone nut. Same for the pins, they are plastic. The finish is beautiful and has the wow factor. However, if you don't want to see finger prints, every little fine scratch, or are just OCD, this is probably not the finish you want. Other than that I would recommend this to anyone if you are wanting a very playable guitar that has a great tone. I've played several Martin and Taylor guitars before purchasing my J45 and you could not get me to switch to anything else other than another Gibson.

"Purely Amazing" submitted March 7, 2012

Overall
Musical Background: been playing for 7 years.
Music Style: Rock, Country
Sound: In standard tuning this beauty is stellar. Nice warmth and mids. Drop it in D and its a tone Beast! Dark sonorous tones come out! Feature: The wood that is used and the under saddle pickup placement makes this guitar just progressively sound better with age since there is no cut into the wood for a preamp. It is kind of a chore to have to back off the strings to get to the battery and the lack of a second strap button but seriously thats it. Ease of Use: There is no learning curve. Although just being the type of person i am i didnt go after this guitar until i thought i deserved to play it. This guitar will bring out the best in someone. the neck is chunky and smooth. The only surprise i had was how light it was. A very head heavy guitar. Quality: Its a Gibson made product. For all the reviews ive read and people being a little down on the quality coming out of the factory these days i didnt see one cosmetic thing wrong with it. Value: Well i hold three guitars in the highest standards and this is one of them. The price is a bit much but to be honest but it is one of the best guitars going and well worth it as this shoud be the only guitar you will ever have to own. Manufacturer Support: I havent ever had to deal with them. The Wow Factor: When you open the case for the first time and see it thats WOW factor enough really. The gloss on this guitar looks like a mirror. Like your looking into a still lake and seeing your reflection back. Plus the added padded blue case that it comes in just makes for an all around remarkable product. Overall: This is the one guitar to rule all guitars its that simple. If you are one of those people that say you can get the same tone from a 100 Ibanez you obviously need to stop playing music all together.

"J 45 GIBSON" submitted July 25, 2013

By dan herring in lenoir, NC
Musical Background: i been playing for 44 years guitar
Music Style: i play christain music and sometimes pick other like bluegrass
Overall: this is the best gibson i have ever bought myself, ive played martins and wow when i open the box took it out it was so nice with the sound and playing it was just great and there payment plans you cant beat, i would buy from them all the time from now on,i give it a 5 stars the only thing i found wrong with this amount for it i belive it should have had bone head nut and bridge instead if plastic but besides this nothing wrong its a great work house

"Legendary guitar, legendary tone." submitted April 5, 2010

Musical Background: Active gigging musician
Music Style: Americana
Sound: Deep, sonorous sound, a low growl, beautiful sustain. The highs are somewhat subtle. It is great to sing with. Finger picking and flat picking, this guitar can do it all. Feature: The only gripe I have is the cheap plastic bridge pins, and the tusq saddle. I would think a high end guitar deserves bone nut and saddles and ebony bridge pins. Beautiful finish, great sunburst, and the Gotoh tuners are smoothe as glass. The rolled fingerboard edges and set up were great, the guitar intonated correctly. A very well built guitar. Quality: This guitar is made very well made, the finish is great. All seems are clean, no glue showing, kerfing is cut clean. There are many examples of old J45's out there, I expect this one to last my lifetime, and that's all I care about. Good guitars are tools and friends, and are good on the road and on the porch. I use mine for everything. Take care of it and its gonna last. Value: I think you get a little more guitar than with MArtins at similar prices, in my opinion. Manufacturer Support: Yes, their warranty leaves a little to be desired, I have dealt with Collings guitars and am spoiled by their perfect cutomer service. Gibson is a little beauracratic. The Wow Factor: On stage this guitar has that cool mojo. Ray Willie Hubbard and a lot of other cool artists that I admire use these. It does have a real coolness about it, looks great under the stage lights. Overall: I trade guitars often, I plan on hanging on to this one. A good guitar only gets better, and this is one that is a keeper.
12 of 14 people (85.71%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"The Tone Search is Over !!" submitted March 8, 2012

By Christopher Munro in Taylor, MI
Overall
Musical Background: 7 years. I play guitar and sing. Play weekly as a worship leader at church.
Music Style: I play Contemporary Christian, Acoustic rock, etc.
Overall: I love this guitar ! I was debating on whether to spend such a large amount on a guitar but this was MORE THAN WORTH IT!! I have owned several lower end Taylors, Martins, Breedloves, and also a couple $2000 level guitars of these brands but nothing compared to this !! Great for strumming, finger-picking, any style. The look is stunning and craftsmanship second to none. I definitely see why they call it the Workhorse. I don't see needing another acoustic !!

"Gibson J-45 Wine Red" submitted June 19, 2013

By Kenny D in Phenix City, AL
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing for 30 yearts...Acoustic Guitar only right now......a little of both....work a Gig now and then..Jam regular
Music Style: Blues...Classic rock...Country....Folk...Classic R & B
Overall: Awesome looking and playing guitar...fantastic sound right out of the box...I own 3 acoustic guitars including a Martin...This guitar is the easily the best playing and best sounding of the 3 ....I cant imagine how good it will sound as it ages...

"Dream Gutar" submitted April 16, 2014

By E T in atlanta, GA
Musical Background: 30 years off and on
Music Style: Rock, country, folk
Overall: I swear I think this is the best sounding guitar I have ever heard. Maybe just because it costs triple what any other guitar I've owned cost but I love this guitar. The Value rating is only because it is hard to call a $2000 guitar a value.

"I like the quality , sound and features" submitted May 25, 2012

By Bob Hardison in Columbia, TN
Overall
Musical Background: I've played as lead guitarist for 60 years. Retired now at 80. I have about 15 guitars.
Music Style: Mostly country, but for about 7 yrs. played the older popular type like Lawrence Welk, Perry Coma type. Mostly with my Gibson LP
Overall: This guitar has the Gibson sound, loud and clear with full tone. I've oinly had my J45 about 2 yrs now. but I enjoy playing it so much.

"Gibson J-45" submitted March 19, 2014

By Coy W in Weatherford, OK
Musical Background: Just a jammer at the moment
Music Style: Rock. Blues. Country
Overall: Great

When you call, mention priority code 158B-ZY3K. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976