When you call, mention priority code 14QR-6V97
  • Mon 10AM - 6PM (EST)
  • Tue, Wed, Thur, Fri 8AM - 10PM (EST)

Rating and Reviews: Gibson Les Paul Future

Classic meets modern with the Gibson Future Tribute Les Paul -- loaded with two '57 Classic and '57 Classic Plus humbuckers and the Min-ETune tuning system.

"Awesome Value!" submitted January 9, 2014

By Ralph Huntington in Troy, NY
Overall
Musical Background: Learning guitar and keyboard. Been at it seriously under a year.
Music Style: Rock, Classic Rock, Grateful Dead
Overall: I'm a guitar newbie, relatively, so my opinion may not have much weight (yet) but this is an amazing guitar. I've had a couple of guitars already but the Les Paul Future Tribute with Min-Etune is heavenly. The tone and sustain are just wonderful. I love the neck and the frets. I admit when it arrived I didn't even try it before I brought it in for setup, but I knew I would have it set up so why wait. If you've played a Gibson Les Paul then you know how great it is for being what it is. The enhanced value of this model is the Min-Etune feature, which is way more cool than I expected. It has great wow factor not to mention incredible convenience and now I feel much more eager to learn non-standard tunings. The action is easy and the neck is fast. I don't regret not having any of the missing cosmetic touches at all. In fact, at this price, who needs them! I won't mind at all as my LP gets a more used look about it over time. Looking forward to it. Rock on! I've given a 4.5 for quality because the fret ends needed some finishing (not a problem), and 4.5 overall for that and the lesser cosmetics (but so what), and 4.5 for manufacturer support because I don't know and hope I don't need to know. All the performance metrics are 5.0 in my opinion.

"Innovation that works!" submitted September 17, 2013

By Charles Wallace in Pasadena, TX
Musical Background: 25 years Play Live Semi Pro
Music Style: Classic Rock / Hard Rock / Metal / Blues / Name IT
Overall: First let me say something, I play a lot of music and use many different tunings. This usually means more than one guitar tuned for whatever I need. It also means playing sets that use those tunings, sometimes this is ok, but the flow and vibe are important for an audience. This guitar allows me to tune instantly (well in ten seconds or less in most cases) Ok I gave you the need and the why, let me give you the solution. This guitar is it, basically it is a studio Les Paul with the E TUNE system, there are some subtle differences, but I embrace them. This guitar has some really nice pickups, rich sound and harmonically active. The bridge pickup is very versatile and responsive as most Gibsons are. The volume can be rolled back for a much cleaner sound with out too much volume loss, it is more like just washing or scrubbing the gain off. I really like it a lot this makes playing very easy. I am not a real foot pedal fan, I like to do it all with my hands, if you have an amp you like and can raide the Volume knob to adjust the dirt and clean you are set. The neck pickup initially sounded a little dark to me, but some EQ adjustments made me a believer, this position screams and the silky smoothness is unreal. I have that saturated violin tone that seems to last for days. Notes are articulate and ring out,,,sustain is very good. NOw for the guitar action and overall feel: This guitar instantly felt like it was made for me, the neck has some heft and to be honest I like them a little beefy, this is not as much as I like but due to the asymetrical shape (fatter top thinner bottom) it just feels natural. The setup was great, I like my action a little low but not too low I prefer to get or dig under the strings to get huge bends. I loved the fretwork no jags and smooth. The finish on the back of the neck and body are very minimal, nothing to choke your tone. I tested this guitar with the folowing amps and was not disappointed: Fender Ultimate Chorus, Fender M80, Yamaha THR10, Vox DA-20, Tech 21 60watt, Roland CUBE RX and Roland CUBE 80, and I used these rack units: Digitech Valve FX and Digitech FX7, ZOOM 405 (bought in the middle east not sold here) ZT Lunchbox with a Digitech Metal distortion. In every case I was able to find a sound that not only sounded great but inspired me. Tuning: The learning curve is actually pretty flat. There are some settings that come with the guitar in the form of a place card. This fits in your case (comes with a gigbag) if you buy one (I did). The instructions are very easy to follow and seem to have been written by a guitar player. The tuning is fast once you select the tuning it will instantly tune close, a few strums will sort out the fine tuning and you will see a string or two that is still red or yellow, just pick that or those and it will tune and turn off. If you are using the the same tuning and want to retune or adjust you can just hit the power button and strum. This is really handy with fresh strings. It does not mute the guitar when tuning, I usually just roll the volume off and tune.. roll up and I am away. The tuning is really good and acurate, I love the speed and precision. Is it perfect? Well yes and no. We all know that a good strob tuner is what is best. Gibson has done a lot to ensure that you can play and sound great, I do beleive that they put the Gibson name on it because they stand behind it. I know there are other Instant Tuning guitars out there, but they tune the guitar polyfonically and it is not truly tuned. This may be ok, I tried a couple but hearing the actual pitch and the adjusted pitch can throw you off. Of course if you are playing really loud you may not hear this.Batteries, guess what? there is one and it is rechargeable, comes with a charger that is easy to use, Push the Battery to release it and hook up the charger, Red is still charging and Green indicates you are done. I have been playing this guitar two weeks now and have not had to charge it as of yet.In short I am blown away with this guitar, I have no issues or complaints other that what i mentioned and overcame. This is my primary guitar and I intend to purchase one more of the same, I bought the gold top and I love it, but i was another with a burst or just some wood grain. I hope this will ehlp you with your decision.

"Great guitar...great price" submitted February 18, 2013

By David Draper in Duluth, MN
Musical Background: guitar player for 25 years
Music Style: Rock cover music
Overall: I think this guitar has big tone and playability. There are a few maybe negatives. If you plan to change pickups...nope. Gibson won't sell the connection pieces... i called and emailed. The harness is a pc board...with plugin pickups..jack..switch pots are wired into the board...so you have to rewire/ replace everything to swap pickups!! I also should mention that there is a learning curve on the tuners...but after two string changes i got it. They work great. The finish is a bit fragile. I accidentally scratched it the first day i got it. Has a funny smell too. In final though the frets were a bit sharp on the ends also...but this guitar sounds and plays great right out of the box! Even with the issues....its a keeper! :)

" Gibson Les Paul Future Tribute Min-ETune Electric Guitar (with Gig Bag)" submitted December 4, 2013

By Albert Feliciano in New York, NY
Musical Background: 35 yrs playing guitar and bass for bands and in studio
Music Style: Tends to lean more on the rock side, but heavy influences in R&B and latin
Overall: Very well packaged for shipping. It arrived just days after I ordered it. I enjoyed playing it immediately and the Etuner is a godsend for quick tune ups. The pickups are just as advertised, outstanding sound, that LP growl. You don't even need stomp boxes. Well lined gig bag to protect your investment. Nicely done.

"My first Gibson" submitted April 26, 2013

By Jason Triplett in Moundsville, WV
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing for years. Mostly Metal, Rock, and Southern Rock ... but now I play for God, the true Rock :)
Music Style: Christian Rock ... www.reverbnation.com/godstrong
Overall: Fast shipping, great payment plan and packaged well. Was ready to play right out of the box. A quick push of a button and i was tuned and ready to rock. Pickups left a little to be desired, but use to playing an Ibanez single cut with active pickups. Plays great, feels great and most importantly ... Made in the U.S.A. :)

"I love the ZZounds.com" submitted March 24, 2013

Overall
Overall: 3 Gibson guitar purchased! from the ZZounds.com, I am very happy, delivery fast, exactly the iterm you see on the web, price lowest at the same I purchase the guitar.I recommend to every body, when you are planning to buy the guitar, look at the ZZOUNDS.COM first !!! The zzounds.com is the web site you can trust, I LOVE THE ZZOUNDS.

When you call, mention priority code 14QR-6V97. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976