When you call, mention priority code 143V-4NB1

Rating and Reviews: Gibson Les Paul Junior SP

A fan favorite since its introduction in 1954, this dual-humbucker version of the classic Les Paul Jr. has been the weapon of choice for countless players.

"A steal at this price" submitted December 1, 2012

By Chris C
Musical Background: Intermediate player
Music Style: Rock, blues, rockin' blues, bluesy rock
Overall: This guitar is an incredible value at this price. I bought the heritage cherry with the gloss finish for hundreds less than other merchants are selling it for.The guitar was perfectly set up out of the box. The finish is almost flawless. Gibson don't seem to be able to get the finish on their guitars 100% right--my guitar has a little flaw on the inside of the cutaway and on the lip of the cutout for the pickup selector switch. Not big deals. Neck is flawless--slim taper profile that I prefer. The torrified maple fretboard is sweet to play; it's lighter than rosewood--more milk chocolate brown than the dark chocolate color of rosewood. The tuners are Tone Pros Kluson, so they're higher quality than the old Kluson style. The 490R/490T pickups sound vintage with a bit of upper midrange bite. The 490T is very comparable to the DiMarzio 36th DP223 that I have in the bridge of my Les Paul Trad Pro. My only real issue is the nut; the slots for G, B and E are cut a bit too deep, so they bind the strings. I'll eventually get my tech to install a bone nut. On the whole, I'm extremely pleased with this guitar. I wanted a slab-bodied guitar with a gloss finish and humbuckers, so this fit the bill perfectly. Service and shipping from zZounds were first-rate.

"Gibson Les Paul Junior Special" submitted March 6, 2013

By Mal Tanner in Clinton, OH
Overall
Musical Background: We jam all hours. Not for hire.
Music Style: Blues, surf and psychedelic.
Value: I think I got very good value. To me, value is the most important thing. Manufacturer Support: I did not need them. The Wow Factor: Flashy and shiny. Looks as good as I can make it sound. Overall: I ordered the Ebony glossy (new) last week and received it yesterday and I have been playing it un-amplified for the past 12 hours. I don't own an amplifier but I want to buy one next month after I get another Social Security payment.Anyway, I have heard a lot of horror stories about the infamously inadequate finish quality from Gibson USA., so I was looking with a fine tooth comb during daylight hours for paint flaws and sanding marks, etc., as soon as I took my black beauty out of the box. And yes there are some, but you really have to dig to see them. This is a great looking instrument, glossy as advertized. The paint job will not be durable in my opinion. There is one string (the G) that has corrosion or pitting embedded in it, easily replaced, maybe soon. After ordering my new guitar I learned that the Jr. Special model is out of production. Only remaining stocks will be available. This model was exactly what I was looking for, not too expensive, but with quite a few nice features. The dual Humbuckers; a pick guard; binding around the fingerboard, the color, and chrome plated adjustable bridge and stopbar tailpiece. Real sharp, fast action, good sound out of the box, all for 600 bucks brand new. Suddenly I was feeling some urgency while waiting for delivery. The instrument arrived double packed (a box within a box) inside a gig bag which is pretty nice as well. I now own 3 guitars, and this is my first Gibson although I practiced on a borrowed student sized Gibson electric one summer back in 1965 or so and really liked it because of the skinnier neck and fast action. I remember that. I also have a Japanese -made electric bass guitar from that era, as well as a Fender acoustic that I've had for 40 years. But no amp. This Gibson Les Paul is the easiest guitar to play. I am glad I got this model in the gloss Ebony (I go for the Johnny Cash look, it suits me) before I would have had to settle for used one. When I decide on an amp and buy one and play my Gibson through it, I will write a follow up review. But so far, so good. I endorse this product.

"My baby" submitted December 30, 2012

By Lenny Fast Hands in Smithville, MO
Musical Background: Been playing for 40 years- 3 bands, 9 albums
Music Style: Rock, Blues
Overall: I have owned over 15 guitars in my life time including a Les Paul Studio, an Explorer (both Gibsons, of course) Ibanez, etc. when I took this out of the box and positioned it in my hands my first thought was this was brought down from heaven by 2 angels and placed in my hands. I will die with this being my baby. Thanks Gibson.

"Did I Steal This Guitar?" submitted December 31, 2012

By Wes C in Morrison, TN
Musical Background: Jam at home
Music Style: Rock, blues, jam
Overall: This isn't the typical low price Gibson fare. It has a bound fretboard, a nice finish, and it plays very well. The pickups are a bit hot for my taste and the finish at the neck to body joint has a few tiny bubbles, but overall this guitar is as good of a guitar as what you would normally find in Gibson's $900-$1200 range. At $549, it's a steal. I should feel guilty for only paying $549 for it.

"A Dream" submitted February 22, 2013

By Jeff E in Donalsonville, GA
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing for 40 years , mostly at home .
Music Style: rock, country, Christian I love playing it all.
Overall: I received my Les Paul Junior Special last week and instantly fell in love with it. I admit I have played guitar on and off for 40 years but never owned a quality guitar like this one. It plays so easy , and sounds great, and what a bargain price, gotta love it.

"Pale Yellow Organic" submitted January 6, 2013

By Rich Vest in Union, KY
Overall
Musical Background: Play at home anymore, Give lessons, 30 years playing guitar.
Music Style: Southern Rock, Blues, Texas blues, Delta Blues
Overall: Guitar is perfect. intonation to fret ends. Mine is Satin Yellow and has no sticky paint issues as fingers slide up and down the neck like its been sanded slippery. Tone wise it has a big fat bottom nothing like a strat and the top end is not crippling bright. (I actually had to dial down the pickups on low E string side to balance it to my liking.) In a few words, Black Crows and Kieth Richards through a Fender Vibro King. Even through a garage sale JCM 600 combo it has many signature tones buried deep within that require so little coaxing it almost plays itself. I just change the amp setting a tad or use a different distortion voicing, soon I am spiderwebbing sounds of the last 50 years,1960 to 2013. Iconic tough guitar that plays with attitude. I have found if you want some tone you have to pay for it, ALWAYS, this is a bargain.

"Gibson Les Paul Junior Special" submitted January 15, 2013

By Will T in Reseda, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Working professional songwriter/musician plays guitar, bass, keys, harmonica.
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Funk, Reggae
Overall: This is a great guitar for the money. You wont find another Les Paul that offers so much for such a little price. I bought mine last year and it has become my favorite guitar that I currently own. The playability and sustain are fantastic, it just sings for days.

"like a sore peter, you can't beat it!" submitted January 4, 2013

By Steve M in Tuttle, OK
Musical Background: Playing 30 years
Music Style: Rock, blues, Metal and....
Overall: Sound and playability are top shelf!

"Darn Great Guitar and Value!" submitted November 24, 2012

By Ken Helwig in Scotts Valley, CA
Musical Background: Played in recording/touring bands for 20 + years
Music Style: Punk
Overall: Everything that was promised it is. Ordered this and opted for Ground Shipping and I literally received it the next day. WOW!

"les pual jr" submitted March 23, 2013

By al ciancetti in fressno, CA
Musical Background: 30 year pro guitarist drummer bass plyr
Music Style: blues classic rock meatl
Overall: great guitar at 550.50 price love it others go for 750.oo what a bargin stole it

When you call, mention priority code 143V-4NB1. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976