When you call, mention priority code 20Y-YJGF

Rating and Reviews: Gibson 2016 LG-2 Guitar

Perfect for soloists or flatpickers who need each melody to ring true, the 2016 Gibson LG-2 American Eagle has excellent note definition.

"Most Excellent small body guitar, with a big sound!" submitted June 3, 2016

By Mike Meilicke in Wonder Lake, IL
Musical Background: Playing music for over 25 years
Overall: I have played many high end acoustic guitars in my days, and this one is without a question one of the best sounding guitars I have ever owned!! The build and finish quality is top notch, and the wood is stunning. I have a Martin D-28 that I have been using as my go to guitar and have been bringing it up on stage as well. (Still love my Martin!!) So I wanted a smaller and lighter guitar but did not want that small body guitar sound. I spent many months researching, and I was between this guitar and a Martin 00015M. I have owned a Martin 00015M in the past and very much liked the way it sounded and played. I decided to go with the Gibson LG-2 American Eagle mostly because it already had built in electronics as the Martin did not. When my LG-2 arrived from zZounds it was packed very good and arrived in 2 days. I was very skeptical on ordering an acoustic guitar on-line, as tone woods vary so much and you never know just how its going to sound until you play it. However I have been hearing so much talk lately about Gibson guitars from players very knowledgeable.... that in "the last few years Gibson has been using some amazing wood with some great tonal characteristics". Well this is true! This little Gem of a guitar sounded fantastic right away, loud and very resonant with very good intonation. I was amazed, and I continue to be amazed more, as it breaks in from day after day of playing and sounds better every time I pick it up!! Not all strings are alike! I have experimented with several strings, and so far Martin Retro, and D'Addario phospher bronze light strings are doing their magic!!! I would highly recommend this guitar to anyone looking for a fantastic sounding guitar, with great build quality, and made right here in the U.S.A. This guitar is the perfect size guitar for any playing situation, very light weight and comfortable, and oh... did I mention the L.R baggs pickup which does the job one would expect, so Yes it sounds amazing plugged in also, running through my P.A system. If you are looking for a serious guitar that has incredible sound do your self a favor and consider one of these, you will be glad you did. The Gibson LG-2 may not be adorned with all kinds of inlays and eye candy, but it does not have to be, after a few strums on this baby you will know...

"Gibson Quality is Back!" submitted August 26, 2015

By Mark Rodriguez in San Antonio, TX
Overall
Musical Background: Guitar enthusiast! I'm a self taught strummer with an expensive hobby!
Music Style: Classic Rock and Folk. Anything from the Beatles!
Overall: I was looking for a small body guitar and originally I wanted a Martin. But, when the 2016 LG-2 Eagle came out I was quite taken with it's classic style and appointments. I learned how to play on an old LG-0 that was a beat up hand-me-down. This new guitar was calling me back to GIbson. I tried a J-29 in a local store was was surprised by the sound and finish quality. I took a chance and ordered the LG-2 online from Zzounds. I was not disappointed. This a very lound sounding guitar with more bass than I expected from a 00 body! The neck feels awesome. The fit and finish are top-notch. Gibson has won me over. I love this guitar. (Love the smell of the wood and nitrocellulose laquer!) Zzounds 12 payment plan is great for working people on a budget!

When you call, mention priority code 20Y-YJGF. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976