When you call, mention priority code 14YP-SVZ5

Rating and Reviews: Gibson LP 70s Tribute

Looking for that freight-train tone that was so huge in the '70s? The Gibson Les Paul '70s Tribute has Dirty Fingers humbuckers for heavy, high-gain punch.

Overall

"Hands down the best guitar investment I've ever made. " submitted September 8, 2013

By Kody Slusher in Fort Collins, CO
Overall
Musical Background: 18 years of playing guitar.
Music Style: Rock, Metal, Indie, Post-Hardcore and Jazz.
Overall: Before buying this, I did a lot of online research on these "Tribute" models. This version was the best choice for me, based on the pickups and neck. I had to buy this guitar without trying one out first... I live in Fort Collins, Colorado and nobody had these in stock. Even down in the Denver/Boulder area... no luck. So I pulled the trigger anyways, and I'm very glad I did. As soon as I pulled it out of the included gig-bag ( the wow factor), I knew I was holding a quality instrument. I've had it for four days, and all I've done is tune it... once. Holds a dropped D tuning really well stock. Neck is almost dead flat and the intonation was almost perfect. I will be putting heavier strings on it soon, as this comes with 10s and I like 11s at least. This fretboard is real Rosewood, not Granadillo and not baked Maple or whatever they were using. It's dark, feels great and sounds like it should... Like butter as some might say. I've played Studios that don't feel or sounds as good as this one does. These pickups are pretty hot, but not out of control. Awesome growl and bite! I have EMGs in another guitar, and this thing is actually louder. But they sound great clean too. The pots are great and really help dial in your tone. I play this through an Egnater Vengeance head (which I also bought from this site). It's an amazing combination! I have the Vintage Sunburst finish, and the pictures here don't do it justice. It looks very nice. The Maple cap almost looks like binding. I really like the low gloss finish, especially on the neck. Some have commented saying it looks old, but in a good way of course. One more thing I wanted to mention, it's not very heavy at all. Actually it's quite comfortable, as long as you can get used to the body digging into your forearm a bit... But that's just a real Les Paul for ya! Yes, I said it... This is without a doubt a REAL Gibson Les Paul. And of course, Zzounds is great! They made this purchase very easy with the available payment plans! Thank you!

"70's tribute By Gibson" submitted October 25, 2013

By R R in Camden, DE
Musical Background: Guitar
Music Style: Rock. Blues
Overall: Over all: the quality is good. The action, The Neck, a little different than a Standard but easy to get used to, Nice balance, it came set up pretty good, Not much tweaking needed, The pick ups are hot but you can control them. And the best part....Its a Gibson! I purchased the Gold top. Z Zounds customer service was outstanding, no pressure, answered all my questions. I applied for the play as you pay, The Guitar arrived sooner than expected, I will recommend and purchase from Z Zounds again

"Can't beat the price and the quality" submitted December 17, 2013

By Fred L in Windermere, FL
Overall
Musical Background: Just hit my 40 year anniversary playing guitar, I also play a multitude of other things...
Music Style: Anything
Overall: It's not the '77 maple top I had years ago, but it's a fine guitar for the price. Has that deep tone, love the Dirty Fingers pickups, sounds like a 70's LP, well, I guess it IS a 70's LP. The neck is a little "Sticky" so I've been playing it 2 hours a day to get the oils from my mitts to mix in and soften it out. Action out of the box was a tad stiff, and I like one guage lighter on the strings. But luckily it's an LP, instant adjustments, just roll it down. I was most pleased this doesn't seem to have the typical D-G tuning problem that new Les Pauls always have, I've spent quite a bit of time on it, and it stays in tune like a champ. Overall, the guitar is typical excellent Gibson quality, there were a couple of "blanks" on the neck up toward the body. The Goldtop paintjob on the maple top is what I was looking for, looks fantastic. This will be my workhorse guitar, it's built for punishment and at the price, I can always get a backup if I need one.

"Gibson Lp 70s Tribute" submitted March 2, 2014

By Jason Risner in Birmingham, AL
Overall
Musical Background: I am an avid player who loves guitar been playing and collecting guitars for over 20 yrs
Music Style: Rock Hard Rock. Blues
Overall: I received the product and was happy until I I boxed it and played it for a while. First the nobs seem to be uneven. The frets buzz and it is one of the worse setups I have even seen on a Gibson. I can also say I am not crazy about the finish it looks cheap. I currently have the guitar at a luthier because it is not playable in its current state.

"couldv'e been a great guitar" submitted December 22, 2013

By Nick R in new haven, CT
Overall
Overall: this guitar had the potential to be awesome...unfortunately gibsons less than stellar quality control made that not possible...and in the end I was unable to get the guitar..nut was cut so low the outside was cracking and made it impossible to intonate and setup properly. Ordered an epiphone lp custom after instead since this guitar was no longer available...long story short get a PRS

When you call, mention priority code 14YP-SVZ5. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976