When you call, mention priority code 175X-CC78

Rating and Reviews: Gibson LP '60s Tribute

Inspired by the sounds of the '60s, but ready for today's tones, the Gibson Les Paul '60s Tribute packs a pair of BurstBucker pickups for PAF-style punch.

"best deal out there" submitted June 30, 2013

By Jim D in Indianapolis, IN
Overall
Musical Background: Ive been playing for 9 years, I jan at home but I think Im ready to play with others lol
Music Style: I play mostly blues, rock, and metal but anything that catches my ear.
Sound: the sound quality of this guitar is awesome. This is my first Gibson Les Paul, I own Epiphones, schecters, Jacksons, Kramers, and A BC Rich Bich ST. The BC Rich is a neck through with original Floyd rose and a Varitone filter, it's a very nice guitar and the Gibson is on par or better. The burstbucker pickups are very punchy or roll the volume back for a more mellow tone. I play through a vox tone lab ex and a Kuston defender 15 watt tube head and a 2x12 cab. Feature: The Mini Tune system is a pretty special appointment. To be able to go from standard to any other tuning you want in seconds is very liberating. The pickups are some of the best I have heard. There is no binding or pickguard, that's why only 4 stars Ease of Use: The Mini Tune system is very easy to use. I took the guitar out of the box and started playing yesterday, hammer ons and pull offs are butter. The PLEK system they use to build or setup these guitars makes the guitar easy to play. Quality: I took the guitar out of the box, tuned it and started playing. There is no fret buzz, the action is pretty low and I can barely feel the fret ends. The satin finish is pretty cool especially on the back of the neck. There is a small defect in the wood on the side of the guitar, that's why only 4.5 stars Value: After playing $200 - $500 guitars for 9 years I feel like I can say with authority that this guitar is well worth the money. You just cant get this tone and quality for less, at least I haven't found it. Manufacturer Support: N/A The Wow Factor: I have an Epiphone Les Paul Custom and a Kramer LP style that soung pretty good but when you whip out the Gibson, peoples eyes light up and the oooohhs and aaaaahhhs start. THAT is wow factor my friends. Overall: A great guitar with awesome features and killer tones.

"LP '60s Tribute" submitted December 26, 2013

By Lou S in Westmont, IL
Overall
Musical Background: Guitar for 47 years, violin before that.
Music Style: Rock, blues, jazz.
Overall: It's a '60s Tribute Gold Top with BurstBucker 1 and 2 pickups. The finish is minimal, which is fine with me. The top is finished nicely, with only one minor flaw that is barely visible. The top carve is actually better than I expected from a budget guitar. The top also has "reveal" binding, which looks a bit dark, but fine. The back is 3 pieces of mahogany, as near as I can tell, and the grain is decently matched. The neck is one piece of mahogany, except for the wings, of course, with no binding. It's a '60s neck, but it's not thin like some that I've seen- it has some meat on it, and is very comfortable to play. The fretboard is a very even, nice dark piece of rosewood. Chrome hardware, with Grover tuners. I don't know if these are Pleked, but the frets are smooth and crowned properly. The fret ends are smooth, and do not stick out from the fretboard. Neck relief looks to be right on, but the action was set a bit higher than I like. I dropped it down a bit with no resultant buzzing or dead spots. It looks like it could go a bit lower still without any buzz. Played acoustically, it was lively and resonant- definitely not "dead wood". I plugged it into a Carvin Vintage 16, which is the only amp I have with me- the rest are at my other house. The BB 1/2 sound quite decent in this guitar. The amp was set with bass/middle/treble at 50%, volume at around 50%, gain at around 25%, and a touch of reverb. It sounded exactly as you would expect a good LP to sound, with nice definition, and good sustain. The middle position was well balanced, and neck and bridge positions were fine too. Weight is about 8 pounds 12 ounces, which is right in the acceptable range for me. It came with a gig bag, but I had a case hanging around for it. It's not flashy, but it certainly looks decent, and appears to be well built. It's definitely gig worthy and will get you the typical range of LP tones. That said, I already have plans to modify it. This LP has the circuit board with the pots and caps attached, and the pickups, switch, and jack all plug into it with connectors- no soldering. One thing that bugs me- the pickups have 4 wire conductors (plus ground), yet Gibson did not put push-pull pots, or any other pots capable of coil split. This makes no sense to me- the difference in cost between a regular pot and one capable of coil split is minimal. Same with the circuit board changes that would be required. I believe that some of the other models have the circuit board with coil split capability, so no new board was needed to do it. Therefore, I will rip all of it out- pickups, circuit board, switch, and jack. I will leave them all intact in case I decide to sell it later. I will put in better pickups/pots/caps, and Switchcraft switch/jack. I will probably put 4 push-pull pots, PIO caps, and likely Jimmy Page wiring, or some variation thereof. I will also put an ABR bridge and aluminum tailpiece on it. Don't misunderstand- the guitar is fine as is, and is excellent value for the money. I like to tinker with inexpensive guitars and see how much better I can make them. If you can find a good one of these LPs, they're well worth the money.

"A Steal For an American Made Guitar!" submitted December 14, 2013

By Jay S in Dayton, OH
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing guitar for 35 years.
Sound: This guitar sounds great... Period. The Burstbuckers are awesome and there is no doubt the mahogany body with maple top work as they should on this guitar. This is the best sounding guitar I own. Feature: No frills. Just everything as it should be. Ease of Use: The guitar was setup decently from the factory. I did tweak it just a bit, but I used to set up guitars at a music store and I like dialing them in. Quality: Fit and finish are good. I didn't see any flaws in the finish or anywhere else. My only beef is the fret ends were a little sharp and the fret board was pretty dry. I dressed the fret ends and oiled the fretboard and it's perfect now. This is the only thing I wasn't thoroughly impressed with. Everything else blew me away for the price. Easy fix though, so I wouldn't not buy it because of this. Value: Amazing value! Seriously amazing value!!! Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed to deal with Gibson ever. The Wow Factor: The price and sound bring the wow factor. To get an USA build guitar at this price that sounds this good is truly amazing. I'm more than happy. Overall: Amazing value. Great guitar for an even better price!

"the guitar I always wanted!!!!!" submitted June 26, 2013

By Nicolas Mohamed in Madras, OR
Musical Background: church and home
Music Style: Neo classical Christian metal
Overall: Though it is heavier then what I'm use to this thing plays like a dream. The maple and mahogany combo makes for a warm mid and low end and enough high end to and definition whether you playing lead or rhythm. The pickups are hot and very responsive to your pick attack. All and all a great buy.

"Incredible Guitar, Incredible Value, As good as it Gets!" submitted August 28, 2013

By Robert G in Willseyville, NY
Overall
Musical Background: Just an amateur player who has played many years.
Music Style: Rock and Country
Overall: This is my third Gibson Les Paul and it probably is the best one I own. I have played many Les Pauls that cost easily five times what this does and this is a better guitar by far. I am not sure how Gibson did it, but this is a really fine product. Well done Gibson!

"Gibson Les Paul '60s Tribute (Goldtop)" submitted December 16, 2013

By C B in North Las Vegas, NV
Musical Background: Wood Shedding
Music Style: Jazz, Blues, Rock, R&B
Overall: Very approachable Guitar, the price is right for it performance (Great). A guitar that can be used daily without fear of the bumps and bruises Guitar's go through. This Guitar is not to be put on a pedestal, (although it's Pretty) it is meant to be played, and played it will... If you want a Guitar to look at, spend more money...

"Great Guitar" submitted November 25, 2013

By Rob M in Rockaway Beach, NY
Overall
Musical Background: Play evryday for about an hour or two, jam
Music Style: Guns and Roses, Allman Brothers Band
Overall: This one great guitar. The action out of the box and tone of the Burstbuckers are just unreal. The finish is beautiful without the buffed out clear coat. It seems to enhance the tone. drawback is the gig bag, not like the older gig bags that can stand up to a pounding. Buy a hard case for this guitar. Save and buy a Gibson

"Did they stay in tune in the 60,s?" submitted March 4, 2013

By William Hedrick
Musical Background: I have played guitar for 45 years
Music Style: rock,country,bluse
Overall: I just got the 60's tribute a week ago and the frets were sticking out and it will NOT stay in tune.I am so upset with this guitar. Gibson what is going on?
23 of 27 people (85.19%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"First time I have ever played a Gibson les Paul. " submitted May 25, 2013

By Freddy S in Lincolnton , NC
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing most my life, but as a keyboardist for the most part. Started guitar about 1 1/2 years ago.
Music Style: Blues, old time rock, some jazz, country, and Motown, but I love to write my own music.
Overall: Today I went with a friend to guitar center in Charlotte, and after looking at all the beautifully guitars they have l saw this beauty. Picked her up and plugged her in and within a moment I was lost to all the people around me. This guitar played great and sounded even better, I have a fender strat, and a schecter C1 hellraser. Both are great guitars, and I love them. But I have wanted a Gibson les Paul for some time now, and I found the one I want. She plays so good and I can't wait to have her, as soon as possible I'm going to order this beauty, and by the way zZounds is a great place to do business with. And there prices are the best!

"Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute" submitted December 27, 2013

By Dave G in Phoenix, AZ
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing for kicks about 15 years.
Music Style: blues, rock, funk, fusion, rockabilly, folk, traditional, Americana
Overall: I had to send this guitar back because the neck was warped slightly. The fret ends were very sharp and not crowned well at all. It was literally painful to play. Neck profile was comfortable and I liked the way the finish felt on the back of the neck. A lot of these lower-tier Gibsons have serious QC issues. I didn't want to take a chance on another dud so I got a Firebird V 2010 instead. I'm so glad I did. I got the Firebird during the end of the year blow-out so I got an awesome deal on it and it turned out to be a superb sounding and playing instrument.

When you call, mention priority code 175X-CC78. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976