When you call, mention priority code 12FH-ZHMD

Rating and Reviews: Gibson LP '50s Tribute

With a traditional weight-relieved mahogany body and a pair of P-90 pickups, the Les Paul '50s Tribute sizzles like the vintage instruments that inspired it.

"TRIBEAUTIFUL!" submitted December 22, 2013

By christopher bifani in holden beach, NC
Overall
Musical Background: playing for life, guitar, bass, singing
Music Style: guitar oriented rock
Overall: i got my 50's trib on clearance and somehow received the actual wine red example shown on the webpage. same grain and model number. wow. it was perfect. awesome maple grain on front and real nice one-piece looking two piece mahogany on the back. I love the black pickups, don't like cream colored p-90s but love the way they sound. Hum is not bad and middle position cancels it out almost completely. Mine is hefty but not heavy. Frets were not finished to perfection, a bit picket-fencey but for some reason it doesn't bother me as much on the baseball bat necks as it would on the slim-tapers. i have an sg standard p-90 and the same pups sound fatter and fuller on the paul, more articulate and cutting on the SG. 50s trib was/is a great offering at a fair price point. originally marketed with open humbuckers it finished its run with p-90s, i think the more collectable choice. those of you who already have humbucking les pauls, this would be the model you might seek out as an affordable but justifiable next addition to your arsenal. Humbuckers rock, P-90s rule.

"Mostly Fantastic" submitted November 24, 2013

By Jon T in Fargo, ND
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing in bands and just for fun for 15 years.
Music Style: Shoe-gazing stoner doom.
Sound: The sound is immense. I use mostly fuzz and a rangemaster and the guitar and pedals play together very well. It never sounds thin like regular single coils and doesn't have that hard humbucker edge...neither which I like at all so this is perfect.It has a very, very round sound. Feature: I really wish they would have gone with the standard wiring in there. I despise the volume pots. The jump between 9 and 10 is massive. With the fuzz on the difference in sound is practically off and on. I would love to change the pots to linear but the circuit board makes it tricky. Ease of Use: It is incredibly easy to play. No useless switches, no gizmos. Just plug it in. It even sounds great unplugged. Quality: It's built like a tank. The other Les Paul I owned suffered from a couple of snapped off headstocks, which apparently quite common with Gibson's. I am not nice, at all, to my guitars. I don't sit down or stand still when I play so they get knocked about quite a bit. This one has already had an "accident" and is still perfect. I blame Gibson for this because they put the smallest strap buttons on their guitars. Value: It is very worth the price. This guitar is indispensable to me. Manufacturer Support: I have never talked to Gibson. Ever. Has anyone? They make great stuff. They're like Boss of the guitar world. The Wow Factor: It looks simple and classy. Unsuspecting even. It is key to how I sound. I can sound like me with anything but with this guitar just makes it easier. Overall: I got this guitar out of necessity. I needed to sell my PRS Swamp Ash and didn't want a big downgrade. I've owned a Les Paul Studio which I had to constantly fight with to make it sound right. Not so with this one. Any sound i hear in my head i can conjur with this this guy. Due to the very small strap buttons I have already dropped it on its head but it survived with no snapped off headstock and no need to adjust anything. I had to also replaced the bridge with a roller bridge because it was eating strings mere hours after I would put them on. I am also not a big fan of the new Gibson wiring. It's a circuit board which means no easy fixes if something goes wrong and tinkering will be tricky as well. I immediately wanted to change the pots because they don't turn nearly as easy as I like and there is a HUGE difference from 9 to 10 in the rotation which is a problem if fuzz is your thing. Other than that...it play awesome, feels really great, and makes a huge sound.

"les paul" submitted December 26, 2013

By a customer from verizon.net
Overall
Overall: Awesome guitar at a great price.

"Love it" submitted December 18, 2013

By Lew J in Fulton, KY
Music Style: Blues, Rock
Overall: Always wanted to add a Gibson Les Paul to the family and the price on this one was too low to resist. I play professionally and have for 20 plus years and look forward to using this one a lot. Made a few minor modifications and now it plays like a dream.

When you call, mention priority code 12FH-ZHMD. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976