When you call, mention priority code 16J3-76BG

Rating and Reviews: Les Paul Traditional Plus

Play the Gibson Les Paul Traditional Plus, one of tomorrow's classics. This Les Paul offers classic Gibson design with key modern innovations.

"Les Paul Traditional" submitted October 19, 2012

By Joe Z in Parma, OH
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing for ten years. I only buy Gibson guitars. I play in bands but not as a living
Music Style: I play blues, classic rock, southern rock
Overall: This is the best Les Paul you can buy without spending $4000. I wanted to get a 58' reissue because of the tobacco burst and super chunky neck, but I really couldnt afford $4000 right now, so I opted for the Traditional in Ice Tea Burst. It is beautiful but not bright which I really like. The neck is not as thick as I prefer but It definitely isn't a broomstick neck. Even though Gibson ops to weight relieve everything thing now for some reason the guitar weighs in at a little over 9 lbs. This is my third one now and that seems to be the average, so it's by no means like those chambered les paula. The 57 classic pick ups also happen to be my favorite gibson pick ups to date. They have a full spectrum of highs and lows. Not to punchy like burst buckers. They have a creamy tone perfect for any style of music.The guitar is almost perfect out of the box--with the exception that I had to adjust the action and pick ups to my prefered height. ZZounds was awesome on the customer service spectrum. .They approved me for an 8 payment plan which was sweet because no other online retailer will do that. ( my credit isnt exactly immaculate ) They answered all my questions in a friendly manner and I got my guitar the very next morning by 10am with next day shipping. Thank you zZounds!!!!!!!

"100% Satisfied. Stop looking and just buy it already!" submitted April 19, 2009

Overall
Sound: I play this guitar 2 to 3 hours daily for a reason. Can't put it down. Tone, clarity, and playability with endless sustain. Played through an MG100dfx. Feature: I'm not an expert on the "plek'd" factory setup with the frets, but all I can say is you will never encounter unwanted buzzing from this guitar. Ease of Use: Standard LP range of sound, regardless of settings. Quality: Absolutely beautiful guitar with quality craftsmanship. What you would expect for a $2300 guitar. Value: Go to your local guitar shop. Play the "Traditional" first before all the others and I guarantee you will find yourself coming back to this one in the end. Manufacturer Support: Owned for over a year now and have never needed it. Overall: Always wanted a Les Paul. Waited over 20 years before dropping the cash. Wish this guitar and my money would have been available when I first started playing. For all the other guitars I have purchased and played, nothing even comes close to comparison. Buy it, you will be completely satisfied with your decision.
39 of 41 people (95.12%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"The Sweet Grind" submitted April 11, 2009

Musical Background: Former road warrior turned songwriter
Music Style: Rock, Alternative, Southern
Sound: I knocked one off because of the lightswitch volume... either on or off and not much in between. Replaced the 300K pots with 500Ks and I got my subtleness of the reissues. The 57's sound very bright and the 500k gives them the warmth with a little rollback if needed. Overall, it's a Les Paul... nuff said. Feature: It's a throwback Les Paul. You get what you pay for. The AA top on my Honeyburst is incredible. I've seen AAA tops that didn't look this good. Ease of Use: The neck is sweet. Love it. Had to set it up to my liking and the intonation was an easy fix. Lowered the action just a hair with no probs either. Plays like a Les Paul should. Quality: Apart from the pot change, It's a Les Paul. Quality is its middle name. And granted, most folks won't care about the 300K pots, but try chaging to 500K. You'll be amazed at how much versatility it adds. I bought a "blemished" piece (zzounds) and I couldn't find a blemish anywhere. Saved a few hun though... very happy! Value: Again, you get what you pay for. Premium quality. Manufacturer Support: never needed it... ever... in 30 years of playing LPs. 15 of those years beating the crap out of them onstage. The Wow Factor: Loves you long time... like a good woman. Actually, better than a good woman. This one only talks when you want it to! lol Overall: I bought this model because I loved the 80s LPs. I must admit to being absolutely spoiled by my reissues, but this guitar is right up there. If I was still a road warrior, these would be the ones I'd take out.
20 of 22 people (90.91%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Amazing guitar" submitted August 28, 2012

By James H in San Antonio, TX
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing for 17 Years. I play this through a Mesa Boogie Mark V and a Blackstar HT Club 40.
Music Style: Rock, Country, Blues, Americana
Sound: This guitar plays a very wide range of music styles very well. Overall: I recently purchased this guitar, and I love it! It is exactly what I was looking for in a Les Paul. The '57 pickups in this guitar make it what it needs to be. The bridge pickup is just hot enough and has it's own unique voicing, and the neck pickup is traditional Les Paul sound. I personally love playing this guitar with the selector in the middle position as it gives me a perfect blend of the two pickups. The guitar itself is very well made, and after tuning it was playable right out of the box. The action did require a small amount of lowering for my personal taste, but still no buzzing. Intonation was also set correctly and the guitar just sounds great. I know the guitar is not cheap, but I can promise you that you won't regret the purchase. I will have this guitar long enough to give to my son and he to his children.

"awesomw value !! What are you waiting for buy it, you wont be sorry!!" submitted January 3, 2012

Musical Background: 38 years, Guitar, Gigs and jam at home
Music Style: Rock, blues, country
Sound: The sound quality of this guitar is awesome! I played my first gig with it and the complimits I got on the way I sounded were many. The classic 57 pickups are the balm. Feature: Theclassic 57 pickups are useful, the pleked system makes this nesk awesome, componet selection is mint. Ease of Use: You can get the sound you want with ease, very simple to use with other products, this is the best playing guitar I have ever owned. Gibson has created a masterpiece in my opinion. Quality: This guitar is made very well i can not find any flaws, Its a Gibson . should last with proper care the rest of my life. Value: Most Definately worth the price. Manufacturer Support: Dont know havent had any problems yet. The Wow Factor: The looks of this guitar and beutiful! Overall: This is the guitar for me, yes I would replace it with another LP traditional plus

"Great Guitar" submitted October 30, 2012

By Julio Levenstein in Miami, FL
Musical Background: Hobbie
Overall: Great Guitar, and EXCELLENT buying experience, zZounds is the best. I paid with the 8 payments plan, and after that i bought the price was reduced, and they adjusted my payment plan.

"I LOVE MY GIBSON LP TRADITIONAL PLUS" submitted October 26, 2012

By John Castello in Utica, NY
Overall
Music Style: ROCK...Warren Haynes is my God.
Overall: Worth every penny. Amazing. I have only had it for 2 days. I was worried that it would come and that I would regret buying a new Gibson. This guitar is beautiful. It sounds amazing. I am hypnotized. It makes me play better. Quality breeds quality. Don't be worried about dropping the cash. It is a work of art. I suppose you could spend more for a Custom Shop, but this guitar will grow with you for decades. It will outlast you. You will have to will it to someone special. It was made from a tree. I always think about that. I am playing a tree that was made in Nashville USA.

"GIBSON ICED TEA is my favorite energy drink!" submitted October 25, 2012

By John Castello in Utica, NY
Music Style: Rocker
Overall: AWESOME! THIS GUITAR IS IT. I had a 1978 Deluxe when I was 18 and I sold it to buy a stupid drum machine. I have been waiting 29 years to get a Gibson Les Paul again. It's not as heavy as the old ones, but I understand. 11 pounds is crazy. This guitar is a little over 9lbs. and that is perfect weight. The corian nut: I am not to crazy about. But it's not a big deal. I like bone for the color. Makes the guitar look old school. So this guitar is 99.8 % old school and I love it. The 57 pups are amazing!

"Beyond Expectations" submitted February 9, 2011

Musical Background: Hobbyist/Semi-pro
Music Style: Rock, Blues
Overall: I bought this "blemished" guitar at a discount and the only blemish I could find was a small nick next to one of the fretboard inlays. If I had to do it again I would even pay full price for this guitar, it's absolutely awesome. I had played a Standard but bought this one unplayed/unseen, now I like it better than the Standard. Killer guitar!!

"gibson les paul tradional plus" submitted April 12, 2012

By Jay Despres in Kent, WA
Musical Background: ive b een playing 25 years guitar
Music Style: progressive rock ,industial ,traditional
Overall: this is the first time ive bought a guitar sight unseen and have been extreamly pleased i own several custom shop gibsons and this les paul is by far the nicest . exellent fit and finished and the pleked fret work is the best ive seen

"Absolutely Love It" submitted April 12, 2012

By a customer from frontier.com
Musical Background: Play lead in a pop band. Been playing 12 years
Music Style: Was mostly classic rock until a year ago, then switched to pop
Sound: The pickups on this guitar are as clear as can be. Even in all 3 positions, unlike my Les Paul Studio. Feature: Not really a lot of features to talk about. A Les Paul is a Les Paul. Ease of Use: Plays perfect. I always take my new guitars to my set up person to change the strings and basically set up, but this one is perfect the way it came. Quality: Only had it a week but the guitar has received many compliments. Bought the Desert Burst and it is flawless. Value: These days it seems like all instruments are costing more if they are any good. If something happened to this one I would definately replace it with the same model. Manufacturer Support: Don't know, about Gibson support but Zzounds was great. The Wow Factor: The pickups on this guitar were a pleasant surprise. I expected the pickups in the middlle and neck to be muddy like my Studio but they were clear. The weight is not to bad either. Overall: This is what I have been waiting for. Zzounds made it happen with the 12 payment special. First one they sent had a flaw in the nut and Zzounds sent out a replacement before they got the defective one back. What other store does that?

"Buy it! Now!" submitted March 3, 2009

By a customer from embarqmail.com
Music Style: Classic Rock, Blues, Jazz, Funk, Reggae
Sound: Amazing sound! Plugged in or unplugged, the tone is incredible! It's definitely worth not having the weight relieved. Feature: Nothing extra, but with a guitar like this guitar you really only need an amp anyway. Ease of Use: It feels great to play. Some people don't like the thick neck, but I prefer it. It's also a little heavy, but hey, it's a Les Paul! That's how it gets it's great tone. Quality: You get what you pay for, and in this case that's a good thing. It should hold it's value for a long time. Value: It's worth every penny. It costs $2300 for a reason! Manufacturer Support: I haven't needed it, but i'm sure it would be fine. The Wow Factor: I got mine in Heritage Cherry Sunburst, and it's beautiful. Overall: Amazing.

"A masterpiece of time!" submitted October 2, 2008

By a customer from sbcglobal.net
Overall
Musical Background: "Active musician"
Music Style: rock,alternative,metal,deathmetal,classic rock
Sound: the tone on this guitar was amazing im going to pick one up very soon it went from smooth and warm to lots of bite to even a bright sound it was the ultimate in versatility ! Feature: well theres nothing new or exciting just a great classic les paul Ease of Use: amazing playability easy fast knobs accurate tuning Quality: excellent dare i say flawless craftsmanship i felt like even orville himself couldn't have made a better guitar Value: 2300 dollars is high up there but the quality is flawless Manufacturer Support: best support is when you dont need it The Wow Factor: amazingly sexy in iced tea burst almost a velvety kind of shiny finish Overall: Overall this guitar will rock your socks off!

"Awesome" submitted July 29, 2009

Music Style: classic rock,rock
Sound: This guitar sings in everyway possible!!!If you are considering buying it stop thinking and do it.It is the best guitar Ive ever owned.

"Gibson Les Paul Traditional." submitted June 12, 2012

By Paul O in FRESNO, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Retired Professional - Guitar & Bass.
Music Style: Rock & Blues.
Sound: It sounds amazing it's a Les Paul ! Feature: No complaint's on this guitar part wise. Ease of Use: This LP responds at any touch and it sounds like a Les Paul, Quality: The workmanship on this is amazing ! Value: The price for this guitar is well worth it, Manufacturer Support: Haven't had the need. The Wow Factor: This LP has an amazing Flame top ! I get comments from everybody that see's it ! Overall: The second I opened the case the best flame top I have seen in a long time popped out I was stunned I had to just stare at it for a moment before I took it out and played it,The only problem is it was not the color it shows in the picture on the web site! I ordered the Dessert Burst now I thought this was a dark Cherry and so did the young man who took my order.Now what was in the case was a DROP DEAD BEAUTIFUL Rootbeer Burst Flame Top! The Gibson web site show this model in this color.Play wise ? It's a Les Paul - great sound a little heavy But just right.

"Great sounding quality guitar." submitted September 18, 2012

By Robinson F in Chicago, IL
Overall
Musical Background: 2yrs jammin at home teaching myself to play guitar.
Music Style: Rock- trying to get some slash style mixed in with my flair. at least thats what i hope to play when i get better.
Sound: I plan to make mostly rock music (heck, its a les paul what else you gonna play right?) music but i could definitely hear myself playing something at tad more somber or a little country and still sounding great on it. Feature: your standard switch for pick-up selections. 4 knobs 2 for volume and 2 for tone. plek'd neck for virtually nonexistent fret buzz. Ease of Use: Feels great in hand a tad heavier than my Epi Sg G-400 but that's not a bad thing. Quality: Sounds amazing. Looks amazing. Feels Sturdy and looks very well made. Definitely a quality product. Value: Same price or cheaper than anywhere i looked. Great value for the product. Manufacturer Support: Have not had to deal with Gibson, i suppose that says something about the quality. The Wow Factor: When i opened the case it smelled great it looked even better and sounded amazing like the light of all the rock gods shown down from rock heaven onto this guitar i couldn't see myself playing any other guitar honestly. Overall: I wont give a very descriptive review as I'm kinda new to playing. I went from an Epiphone Sg G-400 to this beautiful Les Paul Traditional Plus in Chicago Blue.

When you call, mention priority code 16J3-76BG. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976