When you call, mention priority code 1553-BC2G

Rating and Reviews: 2014 Les Paul Traditional

Carry on a tradition with this Les Paul! The LP Traditional boasts Gibson's '59 Tribute humbuckers, rounded late-'50s neck, and an AA figured maple top.

"superb 2014 les paul traditional" submitted March 23, 2014

By ruben trevino in fresno, TX
Musical Background: been playing 34 years
Music Style: country, country rock, rock, classic rock, blues
Overall: ordered my 2014 les paul traditional on 3-17-2014, got it 3//22/2014 in afternoon, took it straight to the gig and proceeded to rock the casbah. Man what an axe, they ain't enough words to state the obvious and this is a phenomenal axe period.

"All Les Paul" submitted March 24, 2014

By alex g in east stroudsburg, PA
Music Style: rock, blues, clasical
Sound: Love the 59 tribute pups, some sweet sounds. Feature: Not much features since it's a traditional so no coil splitting or robotic tuners etc, but that's not a Les Paul is for. I have my fender for those single coil sounds and I love the Kluson tuners. Ease of Use: Love the round 50's neck. Quality: This guitar screams quality. Value: Worth the money, well made. Manufacturer Support: No issues The Wow Factor: You know it's a quality ax as soon as you open the case. Overall: This is truly a quality instrument, well worth the money and it sounds great too.

"Traditional tone, feel, and weight" submitted June 2, 2014

By Daniel H in Cheyenne, WY
Musical Background: Many years pro and semi-pro
Music Style: all but mostly rock
Overall: Having played several Les Pauls over the years I became less than impressed with the direction Gibson went with the Standard line. In my mind, THIS guitar is what a Les Paul Standard should be: a solid, heavy, beautiful tone machine. Don't get me wrong, I have a 2013 Gibson Custom Les Paul Axcess stoptail that has all the modern updates, a slightly slimmer body, belly scarf, and heel-less construction (and I love that guitar); but I wanted a Les Paul that could serve as a gig partner with it, that really brings the vintage vibe. This Les Paul Traditional does that and more. The sustain is incredible, the neck is as flawless as my Custom Shop guitar, and the '59 pickups really bite with a Led Zepp snarl. Also, this guitar looks every bit as good as my Axcess and I love the Tobacco burst finish. If you're looking for the authentic 1959 Les Paul tone, feel, looks, and attitude without having to shell out the big bucks for a VOS model, look no further and buy it today!

"Get this ax" submitted March 27, 2014

By Danny D in Baton Rouge, LA
Musical Background: Playing since the mid 90's
Music Style: Anything and everything.
Overall: Just purchase the tobacco burst and I'm totally blown away by it. Beautiful and without a flaw. Frets are perfect as well as the action. Very lie action with no buzz. Plays like butter. By far the best guitar I own. I have and had many gibson sand Fenders, but this one tops them all. The pickups are super fat sounding and very hot. I love it! Put away my Fender Plus and Gibson L6s. Plus, ZZ Sounds rocks it! 18 months with no interest...........

"Absolutely Brilliant! Best Ever!" submitted July 24, 2014

By Robert G in Willseyville, NY
Overall
Musical Background: A long time but just play for fun.
Music Style: Rock, Southern Rock, ect
Sound: Perfect - I love the new 59 pups! Feature: No features and that is what makes it great. Plug it in and it is perfect right out of the box! Ease of Use: Again, no frills or crap you don't need. Plug it in and play! Quality: The Quality of this Trad is first rate. I feel like it is a R9! Value: I feel like I got the top of the line Les Paul for a few dollars more a month over a Studio. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to use them. The Wow Factor: Mine came with what appears to be a Quilt top. I look at the AAA tops and mine is far superior to them. Just incredible! Overall: The Gibson 2014 Les Paul Traditional is the best looking, best sounding, best playing, best top, perfect weight, perfect everything! I feel like I scored a R9!

"Great Vintage Tone" submitted June 12, 2014

By Jorge d in Miami, FL
Overall
Musical Background: Guitar since 1971. In a Classic Rock cover band for 3 yrs.
Music Style: Classic Rock
Overall: Love the '59 tribute pickups. Great value for the money. Lousy tuners (Kluson Deluxe), had a bad one on the treble side, Gibson sent me a replacement. I decided to upgrade to vintage Grover's as I have them on another LP and they worked out well. I'm very surprised that Gibson would opt for such crappy tuners on an otherwise excellent instrument. All in all, I'm very happy with my purchase. Buy one but upgrade the tuners!

"Traditional... The only way to play!" submitted July 10, 2014

By Frank P in La Crescenta, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Playing for 40 years. Guitar, Keyboards, Vocals. Jam at home. Like most, played in numerous bands growing up.
Music Style: Rock, Jazz, Country, Mainstream Melodic
Overall: I received my new Gibson Les Paul Traditional guitar a couple of weeks ago and have not put it down since. The sound is phenomenal and it is so comfortable. I love the thicker 50's neck and the old Humbucking pick ups! So much to play... so little time to play it! Great sound for clean jazz as well as shredding Rock! A great inclusion to my growing guitar collection!

"For those with a strong back...." submitted April 27, 2014

By Tom G
Overall
Music Style: "Chick-gettin' "
Overall: First, this sucker is HEAVY! Prior to purchase I didn't pay much attention to the "weight relief" claims but it is a factor. Having said that, the finish is flawless, the neck (a sometimes Gibson problem) fits fine, and the sound is, well...that's why I bought the thing in the first place. It's retro, it's heavy, but it sure sounds good

"This is why I work for a living...." submitted April 19, 2014

By Tom G in Princeton , WV
Musical Background: I've been playing since the Beatles were together
Music Style: classic (real) rock
Overall: I love this guitar. It is fun to play, interesting to look at and a real star in my collection. My only complaint is the weight. Take my word for it, this sucker is heavy!!! I quit going to the gym and practice an extra hour a day. It's a worthwhile trade-off

"Before you decide" submitted February 5, 2014

By Ken S in Lakewood, CA
Musical Background: playoing since I was 12 yrs old, mainly hobby,
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Country.
Overall: I purchased a 2014 Gibson Les Paul Traditional series guitar from Zzounds several weeks ago. They were pleasant to deal with on the purchase, They shipped it out quickly, but the BIG DRAWBACK of dealing with them came when I called them and informed them the guitar was not properly set up. The neck is out of adjustment, Intonation is off, it is in tune in one chord and out of tune in another etc. I called them and asked them if they would reimburse me for taking it to have it properly set up. They told me NO. They dont do that. so just in case I may have been talking to someone that had not read their own advertising where it says If you are not THRILLED with the purchase. call them and give them a chance to make it right. I again called them and talked to a different person and was told the same thing. Had I purchased the guitar locally such as (Guitar Center), They would have done a Complimentary set up for FREE as good business practice. So to save the 55.00 I have to pay to have the guitar repaired they would rather have negative advertisement like I am leaving here. I wont deal with them again, they dont stand behind their word. sorry to say.
47 of 88 people (53.41%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Outstanding axe :)" submitted February 27, 2014

By Eric R in Canoga park, CA
Musical Background: Been playing since 1995
Music Style: Gospel, youth rock.
Overall: Zzounds is a pleasure to buy from , they always take their time on the phone, to answer any and all questions you may have. As for the guitar. No complaints whatsoever . I upgraded from an Epiphone les paul. Now I am beating my self, for not have upgraded earlier. The sound feel and quality doesn't compare. I too went for the traditional to keep it as original as possible.

"OH YEAH!!!" submitted February 17, 2014

By Paul O in St. Petersburg, FL
Overall
Musical Background: playing 30 yrs plus love music guitar based music bass piano drums trumpet
Music Style: Blues blues blues Rock Country
Overall: Purchased this in wine red .Ordering was a breeze. I chose the 2 day air delivery... Right on time. when. I opened the case i was very pleased the AA could easily be AAA tosay the least the set up was dead on to my liking anyway.The 59 Tributes kick ass i mean they roar The cleans are second to none. I couldnt have gotten a better axe unless i up graded to a standard plus thanks zzounds for the killer guitar .I will be buying from you exclusively

"Outstanding axe. :-)" submitted February 17, 2014

By Eric R in Canoga park , CA
Musical Background: Gospel
Music Style: Christian
Overall: Loooove it's crunch.

When you call, mention priority code 1553-BC2G. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976