When you call, mention priority code 1565-FLVQ

Rating and Reviews: Les Paul Traditional

The Gibson Les Paul Traditional has everything you expect from a great Les Paul. With the Plek system, though, the Les Paul Traditional really shines.

"like an old friend" submitted April 13, 2012

By ric b in golden, CO
Musical Background: playing professionally for over 30 years
Music Style: blue, classic rock, jazz
Overall: i picked up the ebony traditional from ZZounds the other day. It came in the case, double boxed, and excellent job of packaging. as soon as i picked it up , i felt as if found an old friend. the weight, the finish, everything screamed quality axe. of course i had to tweak the action to my liking and adjust PUP height but the PLEK neck was perfect top to bottom..ZZounds was great start to finish, they out all the "others" to shame and have secured all my and my associates business . one last thing...i mentioned the weight...the traditional is as close as you can get to the original '59 and that includes the weight...but for me, personally...i love it

"Les Paul traditional" submitted October 14, 2012

Overall
Overall: A Les Paul. Come on its a no brainier No second guessing at all ,it's everything I knew it would be. The tone is spot on, it was sent on time and came all boxed up tight and secured, I have bought other guitars and stomp boxes, always tryn to get that tone. All my boxes are unpluged and other guitars are setting alone. Because of this beast Thanks to zZounds. I can play and pay. I just wish I could of been home whenit arrived, I had to explain to my wife why I bought another guitar. I just explain that the others where always moving towards the les Paul tone and feel, I just could not see paying $2000 for a guitar and it is some times tough to think about but with 12 payments it's in my hands and loving it. This is a fine piece of art work. And will out live me. Again thanks to zZounds I can play and pay without being kicked out the house for dropping a lot of cash all at once.

"Les paul Traditonal - Great buy and Great Tone" submitted June 29, 2009

Music Style: Rock and country,
Sound: The Classic 57 pickups are everything they are advertised to be. I compared the LP Traditional head to head with a 59 VOC and both a friend and I chose the traditional for tone. The 59 VOC had a slightly better setup and a price tag of $3,000 more than the traditonal. Feature: Good solid case, and all the materials used in the Traditional more than measure up to the expectations for guitars in the $2K and up range. The fit and finish are second to none and my desert burst is really a beautiful guitar. Ease of Use: The Traditional gives a lot of what you would expect from a very good Les Paul. The lead pickup sounds great in a mix and the rythm pickup does anything from hard rock to jazz. Quality: Excellent combination of materials and craftsmanship. Binding and desert burst finish are a beautiful match. This guitar would certainly stand the rigors of the road and in any case would be a guitar that you could expect to pass to your children. Value: Very well priced given the quality of materials, fit, finish and tone available from this guitar. Manufacturer Support: I had only one question for the Gibson customer service people and they provided excellent and timely customer service. I love the fact that they are available by phone 24 hours per day 7 days a week. The Wow Factor: Both. I wanted a Les Paul for some time before buying. The tone and appearance of this guitar (at this price point) sealed the deal. Overall: I will certainly buy at least one or two additional guitars, but will keep this one to pass on to my son. If this guitar were lost or stolen I would buy an identical replacement. I LOVE the tone and playability of the guitar (I'm a big fian of the Classic 57 pickups). What I like least is the weight ( but that's true with all LPs).
23 of 26 people (88.46%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Incredible instrument to play and own." submitted February 25, 2012

By Ron J. M in Halifax, NS
Overall
Musical Background: Began playing sax and clarinet at the age of 10 years....played bass, and playing guitar for the last 50 plus years pro.
Music Style: Old Rock & Roll, Blues and Country.
Overall: During the last 50 years I've been playing Gibson and Fender guitars. I have a 1938 jumbo Gibson that my Dad purchased new in 38 and was passed along to me. 1968 I owned a Les Paul, sorry I ever sold it!!....I own and play often a 1990 ES-347 Gibson, the love of my life, but recently played a Gibson Traditional Les Paul, I fell in love all over again, and really want to purchase, hopefully in the near future. The play ability was incredible, smooth sound, pleasing to the ear of any guitar player....Quality of this guitar is a five star for me....Value for a life time plus...I would highly recommend this instrument to any musican wanting a quality, versatile, confort fit ,good looking guitar.

When you call, mention priority code 1565-FLVQ. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976