When you call, mention priority code 20V-3W56

Rating and Reviews: Gibson LP Signature T

Featuring a weight-relieved body and open-coil '57 Classic/'57 Classic Plus pickups, the Les Paul Signature T is a hot-rodded Les Paul loaded with tone.

Overall

"Practically perfect in every way ... Like Mary Poppins" submitted January 6, 2015

By Matthew L in Columbia Falls, MT
Overall
Musical Background: I have everythig from Gibsons to Fenders ... Jacksons to BC Rich's ... mostly 70's-80's
Music Style: 70's-80's rock and metal and lately I have been dabbling into country music and bluegrass.
Sound: The 57 Classics provide the clear yet warm sound expected from a vintage instrument. The coil splits add an additional aspect of versatility with a very usable thinner/cleaner sound. I find myself doing rhythm with the splits on and switching to the double coils for fills and solos due to the almost perfect gain increase. Feature: The locking tuners are helpful for tuning stability and quicker string changes. The coil splits are a musical and well matched feature. My only complaint would be the nut ... I think it will need some work, but this has been very common on Gibson's over the last decade or so. Ease of Use: It sounds great plugged straight into a Peavey Classic 50 and responds well to my Digitech RP1000 as well ... so far the only other equipment I have used it with has been a Vox wah pedal and that sounded OK. Quality: I found zero flaws that I would consider being an issue at all with the exception of the nut (which is very common with Gibsons in general). I will have that resolved when I take it in for a good setup job (I prefer playing 11's so some adjustment is needed). There were no finish issues on mine and the case was also in perfect shape. I have no complaints. It is much better than the '88 Les Paul I got in high school in regards to quality ... Things have certainly improved. Value: All told my bill came out to $1700 and I believe that the price was good for the ebony with the gold hardware. Manufacturer Support: I have not had to contact Gibson for any support, so I don't have an opinion. The Wow Factor: I always liked Standards over Customs ... but the gold hardware still appealed to me .... Now I have both without having to buy all new hardware. From a visual standpoint the only thing I don't like is the big T on the truss rod cover, but I replaced it with a blank immediately. Your mileage may vary. Overall: Typical Les Paul with coil splits ..... It feels and sounds right.

"WOW just WOW!" submitted December 19, 2013

By Jacob A in Elizabethtown, KY
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing for 18 years. I play guitar since the age of 11 and was in a band that toured on a record label.
Music Style: Rock/blues/metal
Sound: The sound is amazing! The guitar is the closest thing to heavenly sound I can get! Feature: Great gold hardware and locking Grover tuners. This guitar stays in tune so good. Ease of Use: You plug it in. Turn the volume up and watch your eyes light up. Quality: This is made excellent other than the nut flaw, this guitar will last a lifetime and then some. Value: Yes.. Yes it is! Manufacturer Support: Haven't talked to Gibson from a customers standpoint. The Wow Factor: If Jesus crafted a guitar just for me it would look a lot like this guitar. Overall: I ordered the alpine white transparent with gold hardware and locking Grover turners. It is the most epic looking guitar I've seen, just a beauty! The hardshell case it comes with is amazing also. I am playing through a Mesa dual rec and a krank rev and this guitar can nail jazz all the way to metal like a champ. I love the push pull pots to change from single coil to humbuckers . By far the best playing and best sounding Gibson I have ever played (Now for my one negative review) Up on the 1-4 fret I bent the g string.. Came off the nut,. You gotta be kidding me. Gibson did not file the notch enough. Called zzounds back they rock and said could send it back or go to a Gibson shop to have fixed and they would have it fixed . My Gibson is taken care of! Overall This would have gotten 5 stars just because it's amazing guitar and now my main. However for the price I paid for this guitar I shouldn't had a problem with something as simple as the nut. With that being said 4 1/2 stars Zzounds would get 5 stars. Thank you all for your hard work and excellent customer service and have a merry Christmas !

"Gorgeous" submitted July 19, 2013

By Keith A in Midlothian, TX
Overall
Overall: Wonderful looking and sounding Les Paul. I got the translucent ebony and it is absolutely gorgeous. The sound and tone you get from the 57 classics is great, the feel of the neck is excellent.
20 of 21 people (95.24%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"unbelieveable guitar. totally beautiful and highly playable" submitted December 7, 2013

Music Style: everything
Sound: The '57 pickups are beautiful and creamy sounding. Very smooth and distinct. Not mushy and not muddy. I play through an older mesa boogie dual rectifier. This guitar is killer through my rig. Feature: The '57 pickups have coil taps so that you can get a sparkle out of the humbuckers without the hum or noise that typical single coils present. Ease of Use: plug in and let it rip. easy, easy, easy to sound fabulous. Quality: The quality the Gibson is putting out right now is superb. The finish and controls on the guitar is top notch. Value: this guitar is a steal for the price. Manufacturer Support: n/a didn't have to call Gibson for anything but their website has all the info you need regarding this instrument The Wow Factor: WOW isn't enough to describe the feeling you get when you open the guitar case for the first time. I told a friend about my purchase and he bought one too. Overall: when I opened the guitar case for my new Les Paul signature T I could not believe the beauty of the instrument. I got the wine red finish and I have to tell you that the book matched maple top is a thing of beauty. The pickups are '57's with coil tap capabilities. I have the chrome hardware and it is well made and very solid. The granadillo fingerboard is very much like rosewood. The fret work is also flawless.

"Gibson Les Paul Signature T" submitted December 18, 2013

By Skip H in Belmont, MA
Overall
Musical Background: Playing for 30+ years, always (and still) in a band.
Music Style: Rock, blues, funk, maybe a little country...
Overall: I had been looking for another Gibson for a few weeks...was looking to buy a LPJ, but after a couple of weeks the prices on "real" Gibson's dropped at zzounds, payment terms were extended, so for a few more bucks and a few more months, I got what I wanted. My Les Paul Signature T is the balls... beautiful flamed vintage sunburst top, smokin '57s and a nice, smooth, fast 60s neck. Exactly what I wanted after owning a LP Classic. The best part? It came the day after I ordered it! Not a huge fan of coil tapped pickups, but the sounds I'm getting out of this bad boy are pretty sweet! I'd buy another (when I can afford it)! Even playing through a 100w solid state Marshall, it sounds amazing.

"Gibson Les Paul Signature T" submitted January 20, 2015

By Ryan D in Grand Rapids, MN
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing for 11 years, in venues all over minnesota as well as the 5 state area.
Music Style: I play mostly rock, but also am really into blues, southern rock, and country as well.
Overall: This guitar is really nice. It plays extremely well. I have had I for about a year now and have no regrets. Even since I paid 1000 dollars more for mine that what it is listed now. I played an American Strat before, which if you haven't played one they are undoubtedly the easiest guitar you will ever play on so there was a bit of a learning curve with the wider neck I got the classic 57's in mine and while I like them I have a few complaints. I loved the clean tones I got with my fender, but hated the rock tones. I happen to play in a very busy rock band so that is why I got this guitar. I feel like it is in between both. The cleans aren't bad but aren't great either, and the rock tones just fell a little flat. IDK if that is because of the differences in specs between these 57's and the original PAF's but they aren't amazing I guess. The other thing I hate about this guitar, which like someone already said, is the e string is so close to the edge of the fretboard that it makes it really hard to pull off on that string. Apparently that's a common amongst a lot of Gibson guitars though. Overall I would recommend it, especially at the $1500 dollar price it's at now. I think that it belongs more in this price range instead of the 1000 more I paid for it. But the guitar itself is beautiful. The locking Grover Tuners are nice but I think they might negatively effect the tone a little. It doesn't have the sustain would expect from a Gibson. Coil tappers a lot of people like, I never use them. Also to end on a good note. This guitar plays amazing and was perfectly set up when I got it. When you bend the string effortlessly finds the pocket and the slim taper makes it very easy to fly up and down the neck. You won't regret buying it.

"Still happy" submitted November 8, 2014

By David O in Bainbridge Island, WA
Musical Background: been playing nonprofessionally for 50 years
Music Style: Rock roots but everything from folk to jazz and a even a little classical
Overall: I bought this to replace my stolen solid mahogany studio LP and the difference in fit and finish was amazing. Mine was built in 2012 (purchased Feb 2013 from zZounds), is wine red with a nicely bookmarked top. The grenadillo fingerboard is as dark as any of my rosewood fingerboard guitars and I can't tell the difference in feel. Wasn't sure about the 60's neck because I have large hands but it took all of about 30 seconds to adjust to it. The 57 classics can be sweet enough for jazz but can achieve plenty of crunch for any classic rock. Takes pedals well but clean through my Princeton Reverb never fails to make me smile. The set up was fine from the factory though I tend to check and reset the intonation every time I change the strings. I paid the full $1899 and despite the current price reduction I haven't had a single regret. Haven't had to contact Gibson so I don't know about support. Ease of use? After nearly two years of playing it nearly every day I can still occasionally find a new tone.

"a gem of a guitar !!" submitted December 22, 2013

Music Style: everything
Sound: The Les Paul signature T has the sound of pure aural balance in tone and volume. Rolling the volume pot back a little while playing through a high gain channel helps to clean things up a bit before you crank up for the ultimate Les Paul whack. Feature: One feature that players are going to love is the coil tap feature. A lot of people love the sound of single coil pickups and the tap feature opens an entire world of new sounds. Ease of Use: easy? YES ! plug the guitar in and let the magic begin. There's no monkey play here. You never have to be concerned about getting the sound that so many others love to hear and play. Quality: Gibson is producing, what I think, is the best quality instruments of its existence. I am from Kalamazoo and I remember when the Gibson factory was on Parsons Street in Kalamazoo. I used to walk to school past the factory but little did I know that Gibson would far exceed everyone's expectations for quality and sound. Value: Gibson guitars are heirlooms. These things are always what they were meant to be, a fine quality musical instrument that will last for generations. Manufacturer Support: never had to contact Gibson for any problems but I'm familiar with the info their website has for players and fans. The Wow Factor: There's only one thing that I can think of that's more fun than playing a Les Paul guitar.......and I won't write about that. hahaha. Actually, the wow factor is huge as soon as you open the guitar case. for a better picture about what I'm saying please take a look at my unboxing video on YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNi9NR8U448&feature=c4-overview&list=UUE4S0qxm-eYbtmoTKkzG7LA What a cool guitar! Overall: The Gibson Les Paul signature T is one of the finest guitars you can get for les than $2K. The appointments and quality is second to none. The pickups are balanced and feature a coil tap option that gives you amazing new sigle coil sounds without the buzz or hum of the typical single coil pickup. The set neck is true and the frets sit perfectly in line. My guitar came with a perfect setup. The finish was smooth and flawless. The bottom line is the fantastic Les Paul sound that launched thousands of musical careers.

"Signature "T" Goldtop" submitted January 29, 2014

By Cris H
Musical Background: Vigorously learning guitar for 3 months
Music Style: Blues and rock
Overall: Got the sig T quick! Double boxed! Great job on the packing. As for the guitar itself, sublime! Most expensive guitar I have ever purchased, but well worth it, since it was around $1000 less than a standard, but with almost all the same features. Granadillo plays great, hardware is beautiful. Tone like warm melted butter! Sustain like crazy! Highly recommended!

"superb guitar with high qualty features" submitted December 6, 2013

Music Style: everything
Overall: I just could not believe how nice this Les Paul signature T guitar is to play. the pickups are balance and rich sounding and they have a coil-tap option to give you a wonderful sparkle of a single coil without the hum. The fret board is magnificent and has binding that's straight and true. I love the weight of the instrument too. Get one, you'll love it as much as I do. check out my unboxing video. Zzounds did a great job of delivering my guitar quickly and without damage. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNi9NR8U448&feature=c4-overview&list=UUE4S0qxm-eYbtmoTKkzG7LA

"The most beautiful gold top I have ever seen!" submitted January 8, 2014

By Charles Peterson in Mesa, AZ
Overall
Musical Background: Guitar for 44yrs and drums for 41 yrs off and on in bands!
Music Style: Blues, classic rock, reggae, some country rock and southern rock a lot!
Overall: This guitar is totally perfect in every way! The action out of the box was spot on and nice and low just the way it should be!The wood is awesome, the grain shimmers from the lights on the sides, WOW........ is all I can say.!!!! I really wanted a standard model, but the price was right on the T, and now that I have it, well lets say that I have never seen a gold top standard any prettier or that played any better than this signature T model. Thank you ZZounds for the opportunity to own this and all the other killer guitars and equipment that I have purchased from you guys!!

"Les Paul Signature T - Nice But Different" submitted October 1, 2014

By Alan M in San Antonio, TX
Overall
Musical Background: Amateur/hobbyist. Guitar and Bass for about 20 years.
Music Style: Classic rock, blues, some metal.
Overall: I purchased this Les Paul because I'm somewhat a collector as well as player. This guitar was made only in 2013. To the point, it's a quality Gibson guitar with smooth, easy playability. The '60s neck profile makes it quite comfortable to play. Grover locking tuners have the metal "tulip" buttons like the guitars of the 70's, and keep it in tune. String changing should be a breeze although I have not done it yet. The Grenadillo fingerboard is lighter in color than a typical Rosewood one, plays as smoothly, and looks nice. I don't feel much if any difference compared to my other LP with Rosewood. The tone of this guitar is brighter and with a little less bottom end than my other LP (1997 Standard). More bottom can be added with the amp or effects. I like that it's a little different. The coil tapping enhances the brighter sound and becomes even twangy - as in country twangy. It isn't Strat or Tele by any means but, rather has it's own tonal characteristic. I'd say it's more of a toned down version of a P90 sound. Many combinations of tone can be found using the push-pulls, selector, and tone control knobs. Pickups themselves are '57 Classics - classis rock sounding all the way. The overall quality and build of the guitar is excellent. I found not flaws on this one. The Gibson hard case is included and is more than adequate to protect your investment. I think the case is heavier than the guitar! Which reminds me, the guitar is traditional weight relieved (9 swiss cheese holes). This takes some weight off and still allows the guitar to resonate. I think this is better than chambered all the way. Mine is the trans-black color so if I have one complaint it the fact that the totally black, glossed back collects fingerprints like crazy.

"BEST GUITAR EVER" submitted January 29, 2014

By M K in Dayton, NJ
Overall
Musical Background: I am a recording artist who has been playing the guitar for over ten years. Also play drums, bass guitar and sing.
Music Style: All kinds of rock, folk, and country
Overall: I am 100% satisfied with this guitar! when I play it I feel like it was made for me. The play-ability and versatility of this guitar is amazing. The pair of '57 Classic pickups is definitely a good choice; the bridge pickup can scream while still retaining its tone. The neck pickup is creamy and bluesy. The coil tap option is fantastic and provides so many different tone combinations. I would definitely recommend this guitar to any player! Just holding a Gibson of this quality makes you feel like a better player.

"Signature T" submitted May 16, 2015

By David S in Bloomington, IN
Overall
Overall: I've played a bunch of Les Pauls, and decided to go with this one. I'm really impressed with how it plays and sounds. The coil tap gives it a pretty unique toolbox for me to work with. To be honest its the only guitar that I've played since it entered my house. The alpine burst is also something that I've never seen before, and its beautiful.

"gibson lespaul signature t trans black " submitted November 2, 2014

By Jimmykeith Wright in brownstown, MI
Overall
Musical Background: I have a family back ground of musicians I have played over 40 years
Music Style: Classic rock ,country, blue grass
Overall: I looked at many different Les Pauls and I found that most were the same pickups and high grade electronics and the same high grade wood but the Signature T is lower in price but not quality. I am happy with my purchase, this guitar has a bit of all the other models, Grover locking tuners. 57 pickups like the standard versions and the traditional. Plays like butter, well setup right out of the box. Just wish I could afford more.

"Read this." submitted February 16, 2014

By Rick Perry in San Diego, CA
Overall
Musical Background: 16 years. Professional.
Music Style: hard rock and blues
Overall: Well, as any Gibson guitar, came out ready to play from the case. My only problem with it was the fingerboard. The granadillo wood (used in high end furniture, not in any way cheap wood) looks horrible on a les paul. Is blond! For that reason I decided to send it back. But, in the end the great AA top and the playability as well as the great pickups made me rethink it. Also the price was unbeatable. So I dyed the fingerboard darker and now it looks just like any Standard. Very happy I did this. But dont attempt if you have no experience fixing and customizing guitars. Its gonna bust your warranty also. Mine is a vintage sunburst.

"Impulse buy" submitted December 19, 2013

By Jerome F in Reno, NV
Musical Background: Playing for over ten years
Music Style: Rock, hiphop, blues, metal, pop... All good music
Overall: I know, nobody should impulse shop for gibson les pauls, but That is exactly what happened with me. And also having just bought another gibson 2 weeks prior, I knew it wasn't such a smart move to do. But I was wrong, the signature t is one of the best guitars I've ever owned. And that's including a standard plus, I got the v. Sunburst and for the price, This guitar is beautiful, looks and sound wise. I also used zzounds 12 pay for the first time, just read up, Thought about it for an hour then placed my order through them, Guitar was beautiful out of the box, tuned up a little and didn't even need to Adjust the action. Just perfect!! I would've preferred ups as that is what it says On their info, but the guitar arrived perfect nonetheless. Thank you zzounds!! You got a new loyal customer I'd buy again but I believe it just got phased out

"Almost Flawless" submitted October 9, 2014

By Ron Orton in Gardendale, AL
Overall
Musical Background: Playing for 45years. Pro.
Music Style: Southern Classic Rock, Country, Gospel, Blues.
Overall: These are really the best deal you can get on a LP now. AA+ maple top, bindings ect.... Almost flawless but two things. Typical on a lot of Les Paul's is the high E string tends to slip off the fingerboard sometimes, true here as well. And the setup was off, strings height was really high, but I setup any new guitar I buy anyway, but expected a bit more from Gibson on this one. Overall she is a beast and beautiful.

"Incredible guitar at an unbelievable price." submitted December 12, 2013

By Robert G in Willseyville, NY
Overall
Musical Background: A long time amateur who just likes to play.
Music Style: Southern Rock, Rock, Country
Overall: Simply the best guitar I have ever owned, played, or seen. This is so far above a Studio it isn't funny. I love everything about it!

"Sweet ! Literally and Figuratively !" submitted February 7, 2015

By scott s in lansing, IL
Overall
Musical Background: Guitar since 11 y.o..and try to play anything I can, mostly at home but also while getting paid.
Music Style: I love newer alternative hard heavy stuff mostly. I also dabble in every single other genre pretty much as long as the song has
Sound: Not Muddy. I play mostly heavy alternative hard rock and noodle around with many styles. It delivers with modern dropped tuning no problem. I didn't think I would ever use the single coils but they sound good even cranked with distortion. Sounds like PAF single coils maybe it's closer to a mustang or duosonic not a strat really. Don't even worry about the Granadillo board. The sound & feel are superb on mine unpugged or plugged in. It'll work for most genre's. It can do mellow in standard tuning too. Feature: I thought the taps would be useless but are really interesting sometimes when you may least expect too. I thought the 57 pups sounded cheap at first and almost a deal breaker. I mean, why should I modify a new Gibson and void the warranty? . They grew on me though and now I dig em. I just had to stray away from my usual settings and that worked out great because the different look and sound inspires me to write and play music differently than I did before. That's a good thing. The pups are quite a bit hotter than any alnico 2s I ever played. I wonder if they really are. I don't like the locking tuners much. They are well built and all but if you don't put wraps around the spindles it will not hold its tune, period. I don't like locking anything except maybe a tune o matic. You only need a locking nut or maybe tuners if you divebomb all day long with a Floyd Rose or something and only in one tuning. Otherwise it's useless. I dislike the G-Force option btw. What good is auto tune if it constantly falls out of tune?! I immediately broke a string trying to tune it out of the box. I ended up cutting em all (had zero wraps on em) and restringing the whole guitar old school. The low E can be a bit fiddly. One reason is because the spindles are a tad shorter than normal ones but I made due and just tighten the locks enough not to rattle and forget about em. No worries. Ease of Use: I immediately noticed pinch picking harmonics is so easy. I like like a chunky neck more as I age but the slim 60's neck is exactly that and I would guess comfy for anyone. The high is easy to fall from the bottom during pull-offs but virtually all Les Pauls especially bound ones are notorious for it and that's just the nature of the beast. That is a small learning curve and not extreme enough turn me off or I'd definitely say so. Quality: The quality is made to last a lifetime or several as far as I can tell. My only gripes are minor. 1) The trap inlays are duller than any I've seen from Gibson. 2) The routes for the binding are dug too deep? The finish on some later model Gibsons like this included now have finish higher than the binding and or the fretboard and that leaves a small ridge or drop off. It must save them money because I don't understand why else they would do that consistantly. No biggie but very curious. I had to intonate mine but everything else was set okay. Mine is about 9.4 lbs and has a full thickness body. About 1/4 in.thicker than my 78 LP. and I like that it is. I think it helps the tone. I've heard these weighing in from 8.15 lbs to over 10 lbs darker colors seeming to be lighter weight. The only thing I might redesign is that I do prefer the low wide frets on my stock 78 LP Standard as opposed to these tall narrow medium jumbos. You don't press the string out of tune as easily with low frets. I tend to press heavily most of the time for some reason. Also all 4 pots and switch were loose and I resented having to tighten them and accidentally blemished my ax in the process. Boo!!! I never had trouble with the nut as bad as some others did. I did lube it with some pencil carbon though. Never got a card about the cleartone strings that I never got to try either. They don't say these are cryo treated frets anywhere either so ...are they? Probably are. They are a different color than some of the other guitars. I seem to prefer the softer nickel silver because the strings last longer and I never had to re-fret a guitar so far. I've had my 78 for over 3 decades and I compare every other guitar to it. It's my benchmark guitar. The neck joint angle on the Sig T is more extreme same w/the head-stock joint angle. I'm not sure how much it matters functionally yet but it was readily noticeable. I know they don't fit well in each other's cases if at all. The 78 has a wider head-stock too. I do know, more wood can equal more or better tone in some cases, even the head-stock counts. I know this for a fact by comparison tests. The carve on the Sig T top is more extreme and I do like that a lot looks and feel wise. I if it does sound wise yet . Value: Gibson's like this for example are at historically low prices. What you get is basically a Standard with an exotic fret wood and open coils with taps. They seemed to have phased out Granadillo boards and can make these collectible eventually. Being a one year run too. I'm glad they are left over from 2013 so I could get a great buy. Manufacturer Support: Never dealt directly.....yet. However, I think that Jim De Cola in Gibson's r&d division in all the Gibson videos might be the same Jr. De Cola that was a highly sought after tech I grew up near did great work on my guitars. I'd want to talk to him about some of the directions he's pulling the company and some of their latest innovations and why they seemed doable. The Wow Factor: I got the Arctic white burst which has never been done. I liked it best anyways. I already have owned the other colors before. Mine has a nice flame that is book matched pretty dang good. It looks great with the cream plastic and is the best match for the Granadillo. The ax also looks nice against any denim and leather. The wow factor is also the pickups, man they are hot and the guitar has that overall addictive quality that keeps reaching for it over my other guitars. It looks smells, sounds and feels great. Haven't tasted it yet but 4 out of 5 senses dig it. Overall: The honeymoon is over. I've had mine for several months. I noticed was a super sweet, almost vanilla type smell that came from the case & the guitar. I thought it was polish or something at first but no. I believe it is the fretboard and I love it. Rosewood got it's name from it's smell and not many people know this. Granadillo is true rosewood if you do your research. BTW mine looked even better in person. I have an old brazillian rw veneered fb acoustic that looks a bit like this board. No one knows what the *T* in the Signature T means but I say it is a capital T for **TONE**. This baby tone for days. I mean it has a quintessential Les Paul tone I am after. There are many types of tones that all sound like a Les Paul, it just depends on the vintage.

"A super value from zzsounds" submitted November 23, 2013

By Kyle N in Erie, PA
Musical Background: Jam where ever
Music Style: Rock blues
Overall: This is the 3rd guitar I purchased from zzsounds. They are top notch! Now this being a gibson at 40% off...... A no brainier. The guitar is sweet. The day before I bought Fromm zz I almost put one on lay away for $1899, I didn't and the same night got email from zz about the sale. Thank you zzsounds.

"Great Guitar, Ugly Neck" submitted June 10, 2013

By Rene S in Houston, TX
Overall
Musical Background: Over 28 years pro.
Music Style: All genres
Overall: The overall guitar and idea is great. But the Grandillo neck is horrible. I ordered mine in vintage sunburst. Very disappointed and a bit shocked when I saw the neck. It was almost a pinkish brown or salmon color. It really was an eye sore. I didn't even take it out of it's case when I submited my request for a refund.
11 of 21 people (52.38%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Amazing Guitar!" submitted September 9, 2014

By Brian Taylor in Floyds Knobs, IN
Overall
Musical Background: Jam at home for stress relief from my career.
Music Style: Southern rock, classic rock, and blues based rock and blues.
Sound: The '57 classic and classic plus are awesome pickups. Everything I own gets a JB and a '59 and this guitar won't be getting those. They sound great and I like them better than my Duncans. They actually sound a lot like the Slash Duncans. The coil splits are cool even though I'm not a single coil guy, they kinda have a p90 growl to em split. I play thru a modded HT5TH anniversary Blackstar and it is classic Gibson thru a Marshall growl. Feature: I love everything! The granadillo fretboard is catching some flak but its beautiful with the alpine white burst with chrome hardware model I got. I ordered the heaviest one they had 10.1lbs. I just think heavy Pauls sound better. The neck is awesome and very fast and comfortable. Ease of Use: It's a Les Paul...All kinds of tone in those volume and tone knobs and the coil splits add even more versatility. Quality: My guitar looks awesome! The flame on the top is beautiful! The antique aged binding pops really well with the alpine white burst. I dig the T on the truss rod cover too. It comes with a snake skin case and it fits perfectly. Value: Buy this one while you can. It plays as good as any standard or traditional pro I've played and its under 2k. My white one was under $1500. It plays like $3500 Standard and sounds every bit as good. Manufacturer Support: Gibson is usually good to deal with. I work on my own guitars and amps though so I rarely get manufacturer support. The Wow Factor: It is beautiful! Overall: I just got this on zZounds last chance special and I've been playing it all night. I have another Les Paul, '60s with a JB and '59 and '50s wiring. It plays and sounds great. That being said, this Signature T owns my other Gibson. It's the best guitar I've ever owned.

"Great purchase" submitted March 5, 2015

By Scott S in Friendsville, MD
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing 37 years, I play Guitar, Bass, Piano, all the Brass, Drums.
Music Style: Rock, Metal, Blues
Overall: I bought my first Les Paul Custom in 1979. It is getting a bit old and beat up looking, still plays great and sounds great. I decided it was time to purchase a new one. I have dealt with zZounds before, so naturally they were my first stop. I bought the Gibson Les Paul Signature T, without being able to actually play it first. I had full faith in Gibson. The guitar was a great price, still the great quality expected from Gibson. It is an absolutely beautiful instrument. Sounds and play a little better than my Custom, which surprises me. Still a Heavy SOS at 10 + LBS. From the time I submitted the order, the instrument was at my house, in the middle of the Alleghany Mountains in 4 days, with standard free shipping. I Choose the play as you pay 12 month plan, which is what I always do, because how many of us have $1700 of disposable income. I was approved within the hour of applying. I had already purchase a Hofner HCT 500/1 several months earlier on a 4 month plan and that took about 10 hours to be approved. Over all I am very happy with zZounds and my purchases. Only had one problem with the first purchase, but I called Customer Service and they straightened it right out in 5 minutes. Just do your homework on what you are buying before you purchase, then it leaves no room for disappointment or problem. Great Company, who make it possible for us regular guys and girls to have the opportunity to own Real, Quality instruments.

"nice" submitted February 10, 2015

By Scott S in Friendsville, MD
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing 37 years, use to play professionally, but it turned into a job.
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Metal, and Alternative. or anything else i feel like playing.
Overall: Just came in today. It needs a new set of strings, but that is to be expected after sitting in a warehouse for 2 years. It is the same quality as my other Les Pauls. It really feels a lot like a standard. Even with the traditional weight relief, it is still a heavy SOB, not as heavy as my 79 Custom, thank god, but still very solid. Case is pretty nice. I went over every inch of the guitar and could not find any imperfection; it did not even have a finger print on it. Sounds great, plays great. This fiddle is everything you expect out of a Gibson guitar.

"Awesomeness! " submitted September 24, 2014

By Brian Taylor in Floyds Knobs, IN
Overall
Musical Background: Jam at home for stress relief from my career.
Music Style: Classic rock and blues rock.
Overall: I have had my 10.3lb Alpine White Burst Sig T for about two weeks now and I can't put it down. It is way underpriced for what you get. It plays and sounds as well as a Traditional Pro or a Standard at a whole lot less money. The 57 classics are great for really everything. I can get everything from honky chicken pickin on the single coils to old school metal, classic rock and blues on the humbucker settings. I have another Les Paul with 50s wiring and a JB and a 59 and my Sig T sounds better. I'm amazed by this guitar. Get one while you can, it is the best $1500 I ever spent.

When you call, mention priority code 20V-3W56. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976
Shop with those who respect your privacy — we do. Copyright © 1996-2015, zZounds Music, LLC. Terms of use apply.