When you call, mention priority code 20V-WSKX

Rating and Reviews: Gibson LE Les Paul Voodoo

Conjure up some wickedly killer tones with the Les Paul Voodoo JuJu. The red accents on the pickups, inlays, and headstock logo make this one cool guitar.

"This VooDoo has serious Mojo!" submitted November 14, 2016

By Tim P in Valparaiso, IN
Musical Background: Professional performance and Studio Musician
Music Style: All Original - everything from folk to rock to metal. I even track for Rap and Hip Hop.
Sound: This guitar sounds huge. I LOVE the Alnico pickups. I have had tons of ceramics and EMG's and I have to say, the Alnico's have a unique but full warm sound with a lot of sustain. On the neck pickup setting you can get come crystal like cleans where each string has a lot of definition and blends well with all the other strings in the chord making for a bold, warm, poppy tone that if you chicken pick, you can even get some good twang out of it. I am playing mine primarily through my Egnater Armageddon and my Fender Super Champ through a pair of EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12's with the Egnater and an EarCandy Sovereign 1x12 with the Fender. Feature: I really like how this is a full blown paul with out the binding. I just wish it did not have pickup rings. The red fret dots are a crimson, dark red. I have read reviews where people were saying the fret dots were pink. They are sadly mistaken. Ease of Use: I have never even wanted a Les Paul because I have small hands with sausage fingers so the baseball sized neck on LP's never felt comfortable to me. But the VooDoo has a rounded 0.875 neck thickness @ the 12th fret and a 0.800 @ the nut with a 12 degree neck radius. So, between that and the richlite fingerboard combined with 24.75 scale, this guitar is very easy to play and impossible to get a bad sound out of. It takes a solid tune quickly and can take a beating and stays in tune. Also, the harmonics sound incredible, fret and pinch harmonics. The intonation and action was perfect on mine right out of the box. Quality: It feels extremely solid and I am PICKY! The top looks amazing and the back is perfectly book matched. With the Grovers, the Alnico tuners and build quality, Id give it a 10 out of 10 for quality. Value: I would say this is worth the price I paid, I do wish it had the G-force tuning system on it but... you cant have everything you want in life. One thing zZounds mentions but does not picture and I think they should is the hard shell case it comes it. It is awesome! It is a Gibson USA hard shell case covered in a very unique crimson red and black snake / alligator skin pattern. I was pretty surprised and excited when I opened the box and saw how nice the case is. Manufacturer Support: I did actually email Gibson and they emailed me back the next day and said to ignore all the snooty traditionalist les paulers and guaranteed I would love the guitar. With zZounds return policy, I wasn't too worried about it if I didn't like it. This is my second very expensive guitar purchase from zZounds and these guys and gals are pro's! I am always very happy / blown away with their customer service. I ordered mine late Thursday afternoon and it was on my door step by 2pm on Saturday. The Wow Factor: The wow factor besides the looks is the brutal tonality on the bridge pick up when playing through that Egnater. It hits like a sledge hammer. And, the beautiful clean tones you can get out if it when and if you need to. DO NOT judge this guitar by the youtube videos, those videos do the tone of this guitar zero justice. Under how likely am I to recommend this to a friend, I had to be honest and give it a 10 but I wanted to give it a 1 because I don't want anyone else to have a guitar this cool... its like 2 hot chicks showing up at the prom with the same dress.... From stem to stern, this is an awesome Axe. I had 7 Les Paul guitars in my zZounds wish list, I pined over all of them ever since the night the Cubs won the world series. I called and emailed Gibson, I called zZounds, I really did my home work and if I had to do it all over again, I would purchase another one of these guitars. Without a doubt! Overall: Ill start at the very top and work my way all the way to the bottom. The head stock in flat black with the red lettering is nicely done. It is not like a lot of flat black finishes that show finger prints or dirt easily. The Grover tuners are excellent and the back of the head stock in red has your serial number and the "made in USA" stamp which I love. The fret board is Richlite and it feels very fast and smooth, very easy to do bends and has a nice tight poppy sound. It isn't too bright and it isn't to dark or muddy. It has a Tektoid nut which lasts a lot longer than standard nuts I have had on guitars in the passed.

"Great Guitar " submitted May 31, 2016

By Rick W in Gilbert, AZ
Overall
Musical Background: Jam at home and out with friends and groups.
Music Style: Metal, Rock, Blues, Jazz, Funk.
Overall: This guitar is awesome it plays and sound great, one of the best gibby I’ve played so far. Looks awesome also. The one drawback is the Gibson site and zZounds site say it comes with a case I got a gig bag I will see if I can get the case it was supposed to come with I don’t really want to send it back because of case so hopefully I can get the case for this the gig bag don’t cut it for taking this to any jams. But the guitar plays smooth and and the voodoo pickups witch are Alnico 2 sound great they kind have their own sound, I normally change out my pups but this one I’m keeping them in.
11 of 13 people (84.62%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 20V-WSKX. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976