When you call, mention priority code 156B-QHSP

Rating and Reviews: Gibson LP Studio Faded

Pick up the Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded and rock like the pros. The Les Paul Studio Faded features a 50s neck and Burstbucker Pro pickups.

Overall

"Best made guitar in USA for only $799. Great price for an American made guitar! Wow if I had a dime for ever foreign made POS I" submitted December 23, 2010

By a customer from att.net
Musical Background: professional musician
Music Style: rock, blues
Sound: The tone of this axe is simply stellar, and pinch squeals wil bark all day. Fantastic pickups, and pots! Feature: Axe came with a gibson gig bag, and its the best gig bag I've ever seen issued with an axe. First rate! Ease of Use: Wow, just plug it in and the guitar simply plays itself. Effortless tone, and harmonics with ease. Quality: No question about it, if you want a les paul and cant afford a high dollar one, dont worry this puppy in my opinion is the perfect choice. The wood is beyond gorgeous, and its craftmanship is superb! Value: $799 for this baby is perfect price for what your getting and really this axe could easily command $1300. Manufacturer Support: Clearly, Gibson understands this and they provide 24/7 support for you! The Wow Factor: This guitar oozes total sex appeal with its worn brown or cherry finish. Magnificent, almost a satin type feel for the whole guitar or maybe like tung oil. Its fabulous! Overall: This piece is beyond my expectations, and really the fotos dont do it justice. To me, nothing is more fab than having wood grain show through on an instrument.

"A Great Value! " submitted October 21, 2012

By Tim M in Grayslake, IL
Overall
Musical Background: Ameteur musician, light gigging, mostly home recordist.
Music Style: Blues, Classic Rock, Rockabilly.
Overall: First Kudos to zZounds. Bought my Worn Brown Faded Studio on their 8 payment plan. Next day, another site has a big sale. They price-matched without a problem. Kudos again on the quality of the guitar I got. The Faded Studio line of Gibson can really range in coloration, darkness, lightness, grain, 1 and 2 piece backs etc. Always a little russian roulette when buying sight unseen. What was delivered from zZounds was just awesome. Purfect finish, lovely grain, 1 piece back, just an exemplary version. If I had been in a store, what I received would have been the one I went home with. If you ever wanted a Les Paul, but just didn't like that 10 lb (or more weight), these chambered LPs since 2006 are going to make you smile. If you ever wanted a genuine Gibson Les Paul, and do not care about all the bling like flame tops, bindings etc, then the Faded Studio is going to make you smile. Mine came set-up perfectly. Action was higher than I like it, but it was setup perfectly. took no time to dial the action to where I like it, very low. Frets were finished fine. Zero flaws anywhere. Just a beauty to look at. It plays just wonderfully. It's a player's guitar. The BB Pros fit in this guitar perfectly. They really shine and sing driving a distorted Amp. Les Paul signature tone to the max. But, they are just fine clean, in this guitar. The maple cap makes then just bright enough. THe only drawback, for me, was the Torrified, or Baked, Maple fretboard. It's a little less than smooth, and a bit dry feeling. THis is at first. With a little application of lemon oil (couple coats), that disappeared. NOW, it's much more like an Ebony board than a rosewood. I MUCH prefer EBony boards. THis guitar is a good axe, value at it's normal price. At a sale price, it's a great value.

"If you have not played one of these guitars do it! Beaware,you will want to own one!" submitted December 23, 2009

Musical Background: Active Musician for plus years
Music Style: Rock, alternative, Christian Rock
Sound: I love this guitar! Iwent into just mess around one day and ended up playing this guitar. What sound! I think because it is unfinished it resonates sound better, don't know for sure. These pickups rock distored like none other! Feature: Good basic volume and tone controls, easy to use toggle switch, standard Gibson Les Paul. Chrome heardware looks good and will wear well. Ease of Use: This guitar is easy to play right away. I have Parker guitars and love them, but found the bigger neck on this guitar helps you to shred faster! Neck is awesome, and you can feel the music through this guitar. I play it through a Fender Stage amp and it sounds great! Adapts to blues, country, but is in it's element when you crank up the distortion. It has a sound nothing else cam beat for rock! Quality: It is made well, we should support more American made products! This guitar will hold it's value for years to come. Value: A Gibson Les Paul for $799! I feel this is one of the best deals on the market. There are prettier guitars, but if you bought it to play, this is the real deal! Manufacturer Support: Have not had any issues. The Wow Factor: When you are palying hard, this guitar vibrates into your body! You can actually feel what you play! I played many of the finished Les Pauls, but they do not feel the same! The chambered body makes a difference as well, and I think this is what makes the instrument resonate sound so well. Other guitars feel like a dead slab of concrete after this Les Paul! Overall: I plan on giving this guitar to my son when I die. A guitar for the serious musician!
44 of 47 people (93.62%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"She's Not Much to Look at Clark...But Just Wait Until You Play This Monster..." submitted June 29, 2010

Musical Background: Semi Pro Musician / Recording Engineer
Music Style: Rock - Theory of a Dead Man / Papa Roach / Nickelback etc.
Sound: WOW - okay the 2010 model (at least the worn series) isn't alot to look at...but if you know LP's you know that the whole point of the 'Studio' was to use it in the 'Studio' so it has all the sound quality of the LP's that are $5k without the fancy binding etc...or the fancy price tag. I have played a LOT of LP's in my day and I have NEVER liked the way they played...not to mention the back ache you get wearing a hunk of lead around your neck... THIS IS NOT YOUR GRANDPA'S LES PAUL....the moment I plugged this thing in - I realized what the 'big deal' about a Gibson Les Paul is...the tone you hear is what EVERYONE tries to emulate...from Seymour Duncan's JB/59's to DiMarzio's PAF's...they are all just TRYING to sound like this thing. They chambered the body, so it is LIGHTER than my Tele or any of my other guitars...BELIEVE IT...now the studio series that is not 'worn mahogany or cherry' does seem to be a lot heavier. But the Brown Mahagony is LIGHT - LIGHT - LIGHT....and oh does she play! I am buying my VERY FIRST Les Paul after 28 years of playing...I can afford almost ANY model and I am buying the Mohogany Brown - now...she may not look like a hot rod...but once you play one...you are NOT going to care what it looks like. Feature: I wouldn't change a thing as the tone is EXACTLY what you are looking for. Ease of Use: I still have trouble with the Gibson necks...I was an Ibanez guy for a long time and a Schecter and Fender guy for the last 10 years...so the neck is going to take some getting used to. But if you are playing SG's or something with a similar neck already - then you can put the ease of use at 10 for you... Quality: Like I said, I could buy almost any model (under 10k) that I want...but to me, this is the best beast they have ever made! Value: Finally a Les Paul 'Joe Six Pack' can afford...that truly has all the mystique of a TRUE LP. Manufacturer Support: I don't have a lot of experience with the product, but my old guitarist had a problem with his neck...he shipped it out to them and they fixed it all for free, just like new...now...it took almost 6 months - but hey....it's LIKE NEW.... The Wow Factor: NOT at all sexy. But tone for days....

"I love my new Les Paul! Thank you ZZounds!" submitted September 6, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: many, many, many years on the fretboard
Music Style: rock, alternative, country, blues
Sound: Pure Les Paul is the only way to describe it Feature: So many sweet tones just from the guitar alone. Who needs pedals, etc.? When you have a sweet engine who needs to listen to the radio? Ease of Use: Plays as smooth as butter Quality: Not a blemish or concern. It was set up perfectly. Gibson Rocks! Value: I've owned other Gibsons, but never a Les Paul. If I'd known the undescribable difference, I would never have waited so long Manufacturer Support: Gibson has always been great to me The Wow Factor: The woodgrain pattern is gorgeous and I can't imagine how it could play any better if it was a high end model vice the faded version Overall: Everything changes, but I have nothing but praises to sing for Gibson my whole life and this latest 2011 addition compliments it's heritage

"Killer guitar, a real Les Paul without the crazy price tag." submitted May 5, 2010

Music Style: Rock Metal Blues Jazz
Sound: Sounds GREAT for blues on the neck pickup, bridge gets all the dirt and snarl you could want. Feature: Everything you need in a Les Paul, Tone Tone Tone, no fret buzz, low action. The gig bag is nice for a gig bag, maybe the nicest I have seen, but I think this guitar needs a hard case. So I ordered one separately. Ease of Use: Love it, plays like butta. Quality: The tone knobs are a little bit tilted, but I have never seen any that weren't. Otherwise fit and finish is great. Value: This guitar is a great value. I bought an Epiphone standard plus top hoping it would be just as good as a Gibson, not even close. The neck pickup was totally unusable, way beyond muddy, I think it might have been a bad pickup. There were fret buzzes, and the truss rod nut was full of slag from casting and had a hole in it. This guitar is easily 2-3 times better in terms of fit finish playability and tone. There is no comparison. Spend a few hundred extra and get this, you won't regret it. Manufacturer Support: No experience with Gibson yet. The Wow Factor: Simple, tasteful, well made. No frills, just the stuff that matters. Overall: If it were destroy or stolen, I would get another on just like this. This is where the bang for your buck is with Gibson. The other stuff is crazy expensive, and all you get is binding and nicer finish. If you want the les paul sound but can't stand the price of most of, this is where the smart money goes.

"Took a risk buying without playing it and was pleasantly suprised" submitted April 6, 2012

By michael collins in morris, CT
Musical Background: Working musician
Music Style: Blues & Rock
Overall: Let me start by saying I have purchased gear from the other 2 online giants but never bought any gear from zZounds nor have I ever bought a guitar blind without putting it threw my quality control fingers. I have had the best experience I could hope for by purchasing this Les Paul from zZounds. It was the smoothest transaction I ever experienced from any retailer in the music business. The sale was made on a Wednesday morning and the guitar was at my doorstep Thursday night. Wow ! That's service. The guitar was packed very well and when I opened it I was amazed at the beauty and quality of the instrument. I was a bit leery about Gibson's history on craftsmanship but to my surprise the guitar is perfect. The body, neck, frets, tuners, pots, intonation, action, is stellar and it's sounds fantastic. The gig bag is good but I bought the SKB ATA LP case and it fit's like a glove. I gotta say if anybody has wanted to play a Les Paul and does't have the Big Bucks for a Standard or Custom this guitar is a great start for the money. It's a working man's ax and I'm loving it. Hat's off to Gibson and zZounds for a great musical experience.

"Highly reccommend this guitar" submitted June 10, 2012

By phil w in winfield, WV
Overall
Musical Background: Active musician, 21 years experience playing. Lead guitar.
Music Style: Rock,Classic rock,Metal,Southern Rock, and some Blues.
Overall: I personally owned this guitar and it is my favorite. I play in a band that plays 70's,80's, all the way to todays current rock,southern rock, and metal. This guitar does it all with ease. The playability with low action from factory is great, and the burstbucker pickups will roar with distortion. This is the best guitar for 800 bucks you can buy. I will put my guitar up with a Les Paul Standard any day and there is really no difference, other than another 700 you can spend on a Standard. I play this guitar through a Peavey VYPYR 100 head and Peavey Valveking 4x12 halfstack. I also have the Peavey Silietto2 pedal board that is sold as a companion for the VYPYR head. I also have BOSS pedals and run a EQ with my set up. If you have the 800 bucks to spend I highly reccommend to buy this guitar.

"Gibson Faded Les Paul -Blue" submitted November 29, 2012

By Steve Dilbeck in Joshua, TX
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing 33 years, Play Guitar and Drums, Jam at home.
Music Style: Rock,Blues,Country,Gospel,and Bluegrass.
Overall: Outstanding guitar for the money, sounds awesome. Included gigbag is very nice. I have only one complaint, and that is regarding the finish on the back of the neck. This guitar has the thicker 50's style neck and with the matte finish my thumb did not slide smoothly up the neck as expected until i used a little filler wax to fill in the grain and buffed smooth. after that she was smooth as glass and a pleasure to play. Be forwarned if you purchase the blue model: The image on zZounds website of this guitar shows a lighter color blue similar to what Gibson refers to as Pelham blue, this guitar is actually a much darker sapphire blue

"great guitar!!!" submitted June 11, 2012

By jim m in millcreek, WA
Overall
Musical Background: in a band playing for 15 years, own 2 hellraisers and a 61 strat!
Music Style: rocknroll ,hard rock and blues and heavy metal
Overall: It was in tune right out of the box!!! I played it for 3 hours straight and put it through the ringer and it begged for more the burst bucker pups are perfect for a wide tonal range I HAVE NOT TOUCHED MY TWO HELL RAISERS IN TWO WEEKS!!! the gig bag is cool two ! my first studio I bought in 06 came with a hard shell case that is my only complaint that it didn't come with one .., but if your thinking of buying one buy it!! and the pay ment plan rocks!

"I just can't play her enough...she calls to me. THANK YOU ZZounds !!!" submitted November 7, 2011

By a customer from dslextreme.com
Musical Background: Decades of non-professional fretting
Music Style: Rock, Alternative, Jazz, Country
Sound: Pure Les Paul is the only way to describe it. I love this one ! Feature: So many sweet tones just from the guitar alone. Who needs pedals, etc. (even though I use them) ? When you have a sweet engine who needs to listen to the radio? Ease of Use: Plays as smooth as silk. I've had the 60s style neck, but this 50s neck just fits awesome. Quality: Not a blemish or concern. It was set up perfectly. Gibson Rocks! Value: I've owned other Gibsons, but never a Les Paul. If I'd known the undescribable difference, I would never have waited so long. This purchase was worth every cent ! Manufacturer Support: Gibson has always been great to me. The Wow Factor: Say what you want about the high end paint, bindings and other Gibson bling, every guitar is unique and my new worn brown finish Les Paul Studio has the perfect personality. The crew that day at the factory nailed it. Overall: Everything changes, but I have nothing but praises to sing for Gibson my whole life and this latest 2011 addition compliments it's heritage. This one is a keeper !

"Les Paul Faded Blue Satin" submitted July 6, 2012

By a customer from mac.com in Mendham, NJ
Overall
Musical Background: Play guitar.
Music Style: Beatles, Blues/Jazz and whatever sound good!
Overall: Excellent guitar and zZounds made it possible with their payment plan! THANKS! The guitar plays smooth, sounds nice and is built solid. Has nice heft, not too heavy, not too light. The burstbuckers are incredible! Great value for a Gibson. I intended to refinish it in a clear red and add cream binding to convert it to George Harrison's Lucy! Great guitar for a base template and upgrade! SEE the FOREST through the trees and customize this baby!

"fantastic" submitted December 2, 2012

By julius ragalyi in belton, TX
Overall
Musical Background: guitar and keyboard,.,.ijam mostly been playing about 45 years
Music Style: kind of bluesey folkcountry
Overall: wow, i couldn't believe how great the sound right out of the box,.this is my first les paul, doesn't matter what you play it sounds great,.youthink it and it happens,.the only complaint is the gig bag,.should have ordered the hard case it is worth the extra cost

"Gibson Les Paul Studio blue fade " submitted September 16, 2012

By a customer from yahoo.com in westland, MI
Musical Background: Guitar 20 years
Music Style: all music!!
Overall: This thing rocks!!! Couldn't be more pleased with entire transaction; price, payment plan approval, shipping everything was smooth as silk. Guitar itself is awesome! Excellent quality and sound. But I guess I shouldn't have expected anything less its a Gibson!

"Finally, practical!" submitted April 10, 2012

By Donny E in Dayton, OH
Overall
Musical Background: Primarily lead guitarist. Studio and performance background, Contemporary praise and worship.
Music Style: Christian
Overall: I received my red Faded LP from my wife for Christmas in 2010. I was not as excited as I thought I would be and actually kind of toyed with it now and then. I have always been more comfortable with Strats so It took a little time for me to warm up to this guitar. I play weekly so I kept it at home and used it occasionally for practicing. Then, last year I got the ZOOM G9.2tt . During the set-up process at home I began to use the Les Paul more and gradually realize just how practical this guitar is. This is not my first Gibson, but it's the most practical guitar I've owned in a long time. This is a tool that does it's job well. It looks good, I don't have to "baby" it, doesn't cost an arm and a leg and it practically plays itself. That's good enough for me. Take the time for a few tweaks and I don't think you will be dissapointed either! Donn E.

"Les Paul Studio" submitted May 30, 2012

By Barry Melton in Crownsville, MD
Overall
Musical Background: I play guitar, a little bass, ukelele and piano.
Music Style: Blues, rock.
Overall: You can't go wrong with a Les Paul studio. While it's hard to capture the sound of some of the old vintage model LPs, but if you're talking about newly manufactured guitars -- there's nothing flat out better than the cheapest LP studio you can find and a setup by a good guitar tech. I've played or heard just about every LP made, and you can get a different sound or feel than the LP studio, but there's nothing that beats it in terms of quality. More expensive LP customs just buy more chrome and mother of pearl, in my humble opinion.

"Gibson Studio...only serious players" submitted November 22, 2009

Overall
Sound: i played my fender strat for 5 years straight with a couple of Jacksons and one esp along the way. but when i went to guitar center to try a gibson out i was blown away.. this guitar is beautiful and worth every penny. hearing this thing scream clean and gained out is amazing..live this thing is a monster and sounds gorgeous running through a line 6... now is the time to pick up a real masterpiece...grab one now Feature: the treble switch come in handy since u can lower one nob all the way down for clean sound and then switch it to treble or rhythm for some distortion..however you want it. Ease of Use: the gibson can easily be moded to diffrent amps and styles...come on its a gibson people. DUH Quality: its made with superior quality..not light and made of drywall like jacksons and esps..the neck is a crafted with extreme superiority. and the inlays are shiny and pretty. Value: i spent a lot of money on this guitar and in this economy money is tough...but i went out on a limb and bought it....i never looked back the value this guitar holds far surpasses the money i put down..i cant stress enough how amazing this guitar sounds and looks. Manufacturer Support: never had to deal with them..hopefully don't have too.. got insurance.. so im set if anything breaks on it.. The Wow Factor: very sexy guitar...long hair guys...stay with the jackson..lol jk Overall: i couldnt be happier...gibson is better than any other guitar company in the world..say they arent ur just lying to yourself..gibson pwns.
10 of 12 people (83.33%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great Value and Service" submitted May 16, 2012

By Bryan B in Costa Mesa, CA
Musical Background: Guitar has been a hobby of mine since 1986
Music Style: rock, alternative, classic rock, blues
Overall: I'm a first time customer with zZounds.com and I will be back again. My Gibson Studio arrived in great condition and I love it. The prices was right and the 8 month financing offer helped me get my first Gibson. Thanks to everyone at zZounds. Bryan B. Costa Mesa, CA

"Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded with Gibson Gig Bag" submitted September 20, 2012

By Mark S in Rochester, NY
Music Style: Rock, Metal
Overall: This is an excellent value for a Les Paul Studio, great sound from the stock Gibson humbuckers, It is a Les paul for 800 bucks what more can I say?

"Great guitar even at a thousand dollars, or more!" submitted July 20, 2012

By Marc D in Herculaneum, MO
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing for over 20 years. Only play guitar. Have played in bands, but not at this time.
Music Style: Classic rock, some heavy metal, and blues.
Sound: My guitar has the Bust Bucker Pro Pickups. They sound great no matter what I play. From screaming leads, and harmonics to clean fingerpicked notes they all come out clean and clear! Very little feedback with highly distorted pedal! For the most part I do not even need to lower the volume when not playing! Feature: The great standards are ALL there! The pickups, electronics, tuners, bridge, saddle, etc. The only thing different with this guitar is the finish, and weight! Ease of Use: It is very easy to get a great sound from this guitar! I especially like how this guitar sounds with a "tube amp", not that it doesn't sound good with a solid state amp. To me there is a little difference between strat and gibson style guitars, but one should have no problem getting used to this guitar very quickly! I have learned over the years that any guitar will need a "break in" period, so don't be discouraged by this. Mine has become an extension of my body! This is the kind of guitar one can, and will want to play for hours! Quality: As I have already stated the only difference between this and the much more expensive models is the cosmetics, and weight! Value: This guitar is WELL WORTH the price! Hell you can get two and never need to worry about string breaks, etc. while on stage, and also NOT go broke in the process! The pictures do not do this guitar justice! This guitar should last a lifetime with proper care! Manufacturer Support: It seems great, but I have only had to call then for basic info. For me it was easier to find an authorized shop near me than to send it to Gibson via UPS, or Fed Ex. I'm lucky, in my area we have one of the best shops in the country! The Wow Factor: I can't say enough about this guitar, PERIOD! I get compliments from people all the time! Overall: I bought one of these in Worn Cherry back in June of 2007 from Guitar Center, and it is still going strong today! Mine did come with a very good Gibson case for the same price, although now they only give a gig bag, BOO. I highly recommend getting a case for this beauty, especially if you plan to play out with it! A couple months back , after FIVE YEARS, I had it professionally set up, action lowered, brigde radius filed, frets filed, bridge adjusted, pots cleaned, etc., and it plays even better now! In-fact I asked for the lowest action possible without fret buzz, and they were able to get it so low that I had to actually ask them to raise it, and I like low action! The action was really low when I originally got it also, but over time weather will change any guitar so you HAVE to get things reset! This guitar WILL NOT dissapoint you! I have owned a 2 thousand dollar plus "Standard" AAA, and to me, other than appearance there is very little difference between this guitar, and the more expensive one! With a bad back the weight of this made it much easier to play than the "Standard" I had also.

"Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded Electric" submitted September 4, 2012

By Rex Ward in Longview, WA
Musical Background: I play mostly at home
Music Style: blues, classic rock
Overall: This guitar plays like a dream and sounds absolutely fantastic. That is all well and good. But there is a major problem with this guitar. It wont stay in tune. I bought this guitar in 2010. I've done all of the usual tweaks to try and correct this. To no avail. I contacted Gibson. They told me to take it to an authorized repair shop. I haven't done this yet because the nearest shop is a couple hundred miles away. If this guitar would just stay in tune it would be an awesome instrument.

"Gibson Les Paul Studio for $800 ... WHAT???" submitted February 6, 2010

Musical Background: Guitarist, Drummer and Bassist
Music Style: Alternative, Hard Rock, Heavy Metal and Grunge
Sound: The sound is what you will expect from a great Les Paul Classic sound it really gives it the that warm clean sound and if you use distortion it gets that nice crunchy metal sound. It is definitely a great sounding guitar with the Gibson humbuckers these I will never replace Feature: The gig bag is awesome nice big Gibson logo and it has a soft fluffy material inside wow If I were 2 yrs again I would nap inside, the 4 knobs one for the bridge and neck and each have its own tone knob which is sweet to make sure when you switch from tremble ro rhythm its is what you want it to be. The tune o matic is neat on this hasn't gone out of tune. The weight is just right doesn't fall to one side stays in place. Ease of Use: If you know how to play this guitar will give it back to you with its playability and you will love the neck its just right. Quality: this was ready right out the box Gibson set it up and I haven't had to do nothing but tune it to regular just half a step down it was tune to that strings wouldn't stretch out or break in shipment Value: $800 for a Les Paul is a steal ... Retail is $1,200 from Gibson thats say its all and zZsounds affordable payment plan makes this even a better value. Manufacturer Support: I havent had to so far and if I anything went wrong I wouldn't bother to call unless I want a custom made Les Paul The Wow Factor: Wow this guitar is sexy, the worn Cherry Red is beautiful and looks like a SG model which is why I bought it Overall: Best guitar I have purchase so far and probably the last one I will I think haaaa but wow if you really want a great Les Paul this is the one

"A Guitar that was cut from mom's Dinner table and wired with dad's Hi-Fi System, the best of both worlds!!!" submitted February 4, 2011

By a customer from Yahoo.com
Overall
Musical Background: Active Musician!
Music Style: Rock (Of some Sort)
Sound: I bought this guitar, because I also own an 88 Les Paul Studio. I needed a guitar quick that was new and that played well. I knew that I could trust buying another Gibson Les Paul because I've never played one that wasn't great.My 88 needs a little work, and I'll eventually get to it, but like I said I needed something quick and man am I glad that I went with the Les Paul Studio Faded. It sounds great with my old vintage 4x12 Ampeg cab and 91' Marshall JCM 900 head. I never really liked my tone until I tried this combo. I think some of it has to do with the chambered body and the Burstbucker pickups, it really is a great sounding guitar!, I here alot of negative feedback with the current Gibson line, but I have nothing but good feelings with my current purchase. Feature: Overall the guitar is a bare-bones player that does what you need it to, but I wasn't happy that it didn't come with a hard case or as usual No truss wrench!, I mean you can Macguyver up any 5/16 socket to use, but those little travel size wrenches are way more convienent, come on Gibson... Ease of Use: This guitar plays like a dream, easy bends, tone, sustain forever, and thats just plugged straight into the head!, Also the chambered body allows you to hear the guitar better unplugged. I actually think this thing sounds better that the maple tops, like my 88 Paul! Quality: This guitar came from Zzounds in the unopened Gibson box, but there was a small indentation on the upper neck, but I'm sure it will end up with more of those anyway. The wood seem super-soft on this guitar, so you might want to consider that as well... Value: Overall good value, could have included hard case for this price, so it could have been a little cheaper, I mean no paint, soft wood, chambered body. This thing had to be super-fast to produce. Manufacturer Support: I didn't have to use any service with this guitar, but in the past I had to return a J-200 and they were easy to deal with and sent me a new one because of a lifted bridge. I did have to pay shipping though. They covered the shipment back out. The Wow Factor: Love the way it looks, never was a fan of fancy guitars or gold harware ect..., that stuffs for old dudes who don't even want to take the guitar to a show or practice. The older looking and more banged up the better! Overall: If this guitar were stolen, I would have to buy another, I am really wanting to get the Les Paul Jr. double cut yellow right now and I eventually will when they are back in stock! I bought the Studio because I already knew how it sounded, the Jr. has the P-90 pickup and I havn't played one yet, but I hear good things. We'll see huh?

"Gibson Goodness!" submitted March 21, 2012

By Nathan K in Brevard, NC
Music Style: Worship, Rock
Sound: It's a Gibson Les Paul, THE sound of rock n roll. All the sweet, growl and bite you can ask for, plus rich smooth cleans. Feature: Burstbucker Pro pickups, 3 way toggle, good components. Ease of Use: It's a guitar, easy to use. Quality: GREAT. Value: GREAT VALUE. The Wow Factor: 10. It's a looker. It looks better in person than on the web. Overall: A very impressive guitar at an more impressive price. It's all Gibson, the quality, the looks, the sound, the feel. Getting this guitar has reminded me how much more value a Gibson really is. Yes, there are more "budget friendly" guitars out there but you just can't beat a Gibson, they are truly the kings of guitar makers. This is my only Gibson and I am convinced my next guitar will definitely be another Gibson.

"Great guitar." submitted December 27, 2009

By a customer from suddenlink.net
Overall
Sound: Nice clean strong tone, sustain, etc. Sounds like everything I've always heard about LPs. Sounds great! Feature: Excellent. Don't know what else you need except a nice case. Of course there is no tremelo, but you can get effects pedals. Ease of Use: I've never played an Gibson LP. Now I know what I've been missing. This neck is the easiest neck I have ever played on. Easy to bend. My fingers find there way up and down the fret board with ease. I just can't describe what it is, but Gibson LPs just got the formula for playability. Quality: This guitar is extremely well built. Solid, but not big, heavy or bulky. I think that is one of the main reasons why it is so easy to play and sounds great. It came set up just right. The finish is a faded finish, down to the wood, so it is not the glossy LPs you usually see. Be sure that you like that. I do. Value: Gibson's are a little pricy, but worth it, when compared to other guitars. I think this was a good value. Solid case would have been nice. Manufacturer Support: Haven't dealt with Gibson. The Wow Factor: The LP's appeal is strong all the way around. One of a kind. Overall: I'll keep this LP forever.

"A TRUE POWERHOUSE LES PAUL, AMERICAN MADE AND PROUD!" submitted February 22, 2011

Music Style: Blues, Hard Rock, Jazz, Thrash Metal
Sound: This guitar has the growl I was looking for! Feature: Nice gig bag, wish it came with hardshell case Ease of Use: just plug it in and go Quality: This is what True American craftsmanship is all about. This guitar is beautiful and will stand the test of time Value: This is a great deal, a true powerhouse les paul under $1000 Manufacturer Support: no issues at all The Wow Factor: once it is in your hands, you will not put it down Overall: I was looking at the Gibson SG, then I played the Les Paul Studio faded and never looked back. The sound, the look, the price, no frills, it is great!

"Not Your Father's Gibson" submitted May 29, 2012

By Mark R in Loudonville, NY
Overall
Musical Background: Recently began playing again after a 20 year hiatus. Jamming at local open mic's etc.
Music Style: Rock, Blues-Rock, Southern Rock, Blues
Sound: Sounded great, when playing open strings or above the fifth fret Feature: The faded finish was disappointing. The whole thing felt "cheap" Ease of Use: Never got great sounds...:-( Quality: Did not seem worthy of the Gibson heritage Value: Not a good value IMHO Manufacturer Support: I contacted Gibson becausde I did not receive a truss rod tool with this guitar. They assured me that they would send one right out. Still waiting........? The Wow Factor: Nope. Dissapointing. Although I do still like the faded blue Overall: I do not typically write reviews, but I felt that people should be made aware of my experience. I was extremely disappointed in the overall quality of this guitar. When it arrived, on time and intact, I couldn’t wait to plug it in, but as soon as I strummed it I knew something wasn’t quite right. I figured it was simply the trauma of shipping, etc. as I have never before purchased a guitar from the internet without seeing it in person. Even though I played this model at the local guitar-mart, the one I got was NOTHING like the one I played. During the three weeks that I kept this guitar I had nothing but trouble. It would not stay in tune (2nd, 3rd, & 4th strings), the frets were extremely high, to the point that my fingers would get hung-up while doing a slide. When playing open chords like “C” and “D” the same strings (2,3,4) would go sharp. I decided to have this guitar professionally set-up. As I normally do all of my own set-up, I figured it wouldn’t hurt to get a second opinion as to why I was having so much trouble. The luthier confirmed that something was “not quite right” with this axe. His conclusion was that the nut was way too high among several other possible issues. After the set-up, it was a little better, but still not right. I was disappointed. So I went to the local guitar-mart and played a few other new guitars. WOW! What a difference!!! Even though I had played the LP Studio faded in the store prior to purchase, the one I got was nothing like the one I played. I ended up sending the LP Studio Faded back. Hassle-free I might add Thanks zZounds!!! I settled on an Epiphone Les Paul Bonamassa and I could not be more pleased. That thing kicks A**!!! The moral of the story for me is: No more shopping simply by brand name. I have always had Epiphones and been very happy, but I always felt like I was missing something by not having the “Gibson” on the headstock. Boy was I wrong! The EPI is way more solid in both construction and feel that the Gibson, and not to mention, slightly less money, too. I’m sold. Epiphone works for me!

"If you are like me, you don't have a lot of money to put into a guitar. I've got a 62 reissue Strat that I bought used for arou" submitted June 27, 2011

Musical Background: Active musician, recording artist
Music Style: Rock, Country, Blues, Pop, Jazz, Classical
Sound: This guitar sounds amazing. It screams just like all Les Pauls! Feature: It came with gig bag, manual and truss rod wrench. Ease of Use: It has a wide range of sounds. Turn the volume down a little and cleans up real nice....turn up all the way...and it's ballsy! Quality: This one has the faded finish on it...not really expecting it to hold up for a long time, because it's pretty thin, but I think that adds to the tone. Value: This is probably the best value out there. American made and quality. Manufacturer Support: I've dealt with Gibson in the past and they've been real good. The Wow Factor: Come on...It's a Les Paul....doesn't get any sexier than that. Overall: It's a keeper.

"Les Paul studio" submitted November 20, 2012

By Bobby Moseley in Greenville, TX
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing for 48 years. I have played professionally in the past, now just jam at home.
Music Style: Classic Rock and Country
Overall: It was a pretty finish, but I just didn't like it. The frets sticking out of the neck with no binding was just too distracting and uncomfortable. But zZounds let me send it back, and I am grateful for their policy and prompt service!

"2011 Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded is the real deal!!!" submitted April 5, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: 30+ years guitar and keyboards.
Music Style: classic rock, blues
Sound: Pure Gibson Les Paul sound at a fraction of the price of a Les Paul Standard. This guitar has amazing resonance that you can feel in your hand from the neck and as well from body of this incredible guitar. I believe this may be due to the lack of a heavy finish as compared to the more expensive Les Paul studios, standards and customs. Even unplugged this guitar has a strong projection of sound. This faded Les Paul studio also comes with Gibson USA top of the line Burstbucker Pro pickups that are typically found on the top of the line Les Paul models. Awesome sound quality!!! Feature: Came with a great quality Gibson gig bag (which I prefer), manual and good quality Gibson strings. Mine is the worn brown which many reviewers favored over the cherry model (cherry was too bright they said). This has all the same high quality hardware and electronics used on the more expensive Les Pauls. It also has the nitro-cellulose finish (just 2 coats) which is also only used on the top of the line Les Paul models. Ease of Use: This is a no frills Les Paul studio with all the basics. It's all you need to achieve that great and coveted Les Paul sound. Quality: Hand made/hand sanded here in the USA with top quality USA electronics, hardware and tone woods. This is the 2011 model which has the solid chambered mahogany body and mahogany neck with a recently upgraded maple cap (top) for 2011. Previously this model was an all mahogany body without the typical Les Paul maple cap of which many reviewers felt it had a darker sound. As all guitars that are hand made will differ slightly, my faded studio had excellent finish detail and set up with only the back plastic covers a bit off center (no big deal to me). The finish was smooth and really shows off the wood grain! I can't believe this guitar only costs $799.00. Of all the guitars in this price range that I looked at, this one was second to none in quality, appearance and sound. It's really too good to be true! Value: Incredible quality guitar at this price. I understand that this model is one of Gibson's best sellers. ZZounds was the only online retailer that had a few of these in stock which speaks for the popularity of this model! Buy one soon as Gibson may realize they have priced this too low!!! Manufacturer Support: Came with Gibson limited lifetime warranty however I cannot comment yet as I have no experience dealing with them. Many reviewers were pleased with their support. The Wow Factor: This guitar is beautiful to behold. I have the 2011 worn brown model and the dark brown stained wood grain with the nickle hardware is an impressive combination. I owned a 1968 Heritage cherry Les Paul custom in the mid 70's which I sold in the mid 80's when I needed money (still regret that to this day!) and I can tell you that this guitar makes up for that loss!!! Overall: You will not find a guitar in this price range that will compete with this for quality, sound and looks!! Buy one, you will not be disappointed!!

"Had LP Studio for 1 yr+ - LOVE IT!" submitted May 31, 2011

By a customer from brunswickboatgroup.com
Music Style: Rock and Blues
Sound: Amazing tone from both pickups. Terrific sustain from hardtail bridge. Feature: Came with a really, really killer hardshell case. Fit and finish are really good. Stays in tune pretty well. Tends to slip a little high with temp changes, but nothing really out of the ordinary. I have the brown/mahogany version. I get loads of complements about how great it looks. Not flashy - just classic great looks. Ease of Use: Awesome neck shape. Love it. You really need to pick one up in a store and try it out because that kind of thing tends to be heavily influenced by personal preference - but perfect for me. Also - this guitar is pretty light for a LP. Not sure why that is, but it really makes it playable and easy to handle. Controls and tuners are classic LP so nothing really to say there. Quality: Beautiful, flawless construction end to end. Truly a piece of understated art. G string seems to slide out of tune more often than the other five, but I may have a setup issue there. It's not a big deal, but I have noticed it during the year I have owned the instrument. Value: Unbelievable that you can get a full-blown LP at this price point. Best money I have ever spent on an instrument. And I can say that over a year after buying the guitar. Manufacturer Support: I have had no reason to use Gibson support. The Wow Factor: It's a Les Paul - so you know you want it. It's not as flashy as a Standard, but it has everything you need in a great guitar and really is beautiful in its own right. Overall: I can't imagine parting with this guitar. I love it. It hangs on the wall in my music room and virtually beckons me to grab it every time I see it there. I'm very happy with my purchase and looking back I feel like I stole it for the $700 I paid for it on sale at Guitar Center in early 2010. It has a great voice and terrific playability. I can tell you that my guitar instructor is a pro player who has been around the block many times over many years. He told me that this was an incredible instrument at an unbelievable price. Again - Love it, love it, love it!

"Finally a Gibson we can all afford!" submitted August 5, 2010

Overall
Sound: I was really amazed the first time I plugged this in at my local music store. Very warm, full tones with awesome sustain. I dig the pickups on this model. Feature: Well obviously you're sacrificing some aesthetics that you get in a normal maple top Les Paul, but you're also saving a couple grand by getting this stripped down, natural looking finish. Having said that, I have the worn brown version, and I think it is absolutely beautiful in its own way. Quality: Don't let the low price tag fool you. I don't think Gibson cut any corners on this guitar except for the finish (obviously). And it's made in the USA! I will say take EXTRA good care of this guitar because that thin nitrocellulose finish is quite sensitive. I've already put a few dings in mine, but a brown marker and a little wood filler did the trick! Value: A solid, made in the USA Gibson for under a grand. Get one. I think the faded brown looks much better, but that's just my $.02 Manufacturer Support: Very responsive so far. Just had a few questions about strings and the guitar's finish, and Gibson was really helpful. Overall: I'm very pleased with this guitar. Again, I like the natural look and feel of this Les Paul, and I'm proud to own a US-made guitar.

"A MUST HAVE....ONCE PLAYED...WELL YOU`LL SEE!!!" submitted November 12, 2010

By a customer from verizon.net
Musical Background: active guitarist/collector
Music Style: rock, blues, some country
Sound: I don`t own it...but have played one. And this guitar absolutely rocks! I played it on stage through a Fender SuperSonic amp with 2 Celestion speakers (30w)...Man what a sound. I own a `50s Tribute Les Paul, and this guitar matches, or dare I go a little further and say the sound was a little better, but I am partial to my own Les Paul. The neck is outstanding! Almost plays itself, as it has a great radius. A must have for your collection, or your "go to" guitar!! Feature: I Kind of wish it came with Seymour Duncan P-90`s, but I`m bias, as the P-90`s are my fave pick-ups, but this guitar is well equipped as is. Ease of Use: As I said above..this guitar practially plays itself....the action is just that good...nuff said! Quality: Outstanding set-up. Finish is superb, although I do prefer a high gloss finish, I don`t think it affects the sound one bit. Value: Yes. Manufacturer Support: N/A The Wow Factor: This guitar "speaks for itself, and will sell itself! Man, what a sound. Overall: If I bought this axe, it would be the only one I`d need. But I have a large collection. I`m thinking about getting one though, if I can get past the "bride" lol If I owned it and lost it, I definately would replace it with same model. but every guitar varies in tone/quality. The one I played was outstanding. There was nothing I didn`t like about it. The neck plays like a piano...literally!

"Gibson Faded Series" submitted September 1, 2011

Musical Background: Active Musician / Hobbyist
Music Style: Rock, Jazz, Blues
Sound: Sounds like a Gibson, can't beat it. Feature: Gig bag is heavily padded and the guitar fits like a hand in a glove. Ease of Use: The Studio design is very light and the neck is very comfortable to play. Quality: The guitar is made solid, but the finish is something to be desired. Looks like a giant candy bar or better yet a giant tootsie roll. Value: Again, if it wasn't for the finish it would be a 10. Manufacturer Support: Great support from zzounds, haven't had to use Gibson. The Wow Factor: It is a Les Paul design, how much more sexier can it get? Overall: The guitar will last, perfect for practicing and playing around the house, but I will be looking for a more eye appealing color when I get back into playing at gigs.

"This is a world beating value for those who want a Les Paul. It sounds wonderful and plays like a dream. This is a no-brainer!" submitted September 8, 2011

By a customer from dnet.net
Musical Background: hobbiest
Music Style: Americanna/rock
Sound: This guitar has the "Les Paul" sound. It was beautifully set up right out of the box. The intonation was dead on! Someone did a great job. Thank you Mr. Gibson person!!! You know what you are about. The chords seem to resonate forever while the lead notes flow seamlessly into a river of melody even from these old, arthritic fingers. Feature: This is a no frills guitar. No bindings and prettyboy stuff. It has a superb , inlaid fingerboard and great pickups Ease of Use: Very playable guitar. Quality: This is a well made guitar. Value: Before making this purchase I played a bunch of Les Paul models (haven't we all? LOL. The fact that I bought this over the internet is remarkable and attests to the value. Manufacturer Support: No dealings yet. The Wow Factor: It is a Les Paul stupid!

"Les Paul is rolling in his grave" submitted March 22, 2012

Overall
Overall: the fret ends were not filed and the fret board was not flush with the neck - I returned it wondering how the thing got by quality control - buyer beware - most Gibson guitars under $1,000.00 fail the smell test...

"Just a PLYWOOD Les Paul wanna be." submitted December 18, 2011

Music Style: country,rock,blues,bluegrass
Sound: i feel like for hard rock and some blues this guitar is great. the pickups are hot and tone full. it does not sound good on clean sound with any amp i have tried and i have some good ones. that is not the reason for owning this guitar anyway, i let my fenders handle the clean stuff while my gibsons handle the "dirty work". Feature: its got everything you need to play rock or blues. Ease of Use: no problems with using this guitar. Quality: my guitar is a 2007 model and came with a nice gibson hardshell case. now its a cheap gigbag for the same price....shame on gibson. also the big issue i have with this guitar is the body. PEOPLE, THIS IS A PLYWOOD GUITAR!!! PLYWOOD!!!! even though the advertisement says its a chambered mahogany body, they don't tell you its mahogany ply wood. that is so dirty and underhanded on gibsons part. shame shame shame. Value: if not for the cheap gigbag being offered today, and the fact that the guitar is NOT SOLID WOOD, but PLYWOOD!!!! Manufacturer Support: no have not delt with them. The Wow Factor: LOVE THE WAY IT FEELS AND PLAYS. Overall: I would buy another one, but not a new one. it would have to be a older used one like mine. its just to much money for a PLYWOOD guitar with a cheap gigbag.

"IT'S A 'LES PAUL' DUMMY" submitted September 16, 2011

By a customer from dnet.net
Musical Background: hobbiest
Music Style: Americanna/rock, bluegrass, country
Sound: It has the sweet Gibson sound I remembered from my youth. Feature: The studio is a stripped down Les Paul guitar. With the inlaid fingerboard and superb pickups it had all the features I need,,,lol Ease of Use: What can I say? Value: Yes. Look at the "Great Solid Body" guitars: USA Telecaster, USA Stratocaster, Gibson SG and Les Paul. These all seem to be clustered around the $1200 price for a basic guitar. The Wow Factor: It is a Les Paul dummy!!!!! Overall: I HOPE TO HAVE IT FOR A VERY LONG TIME.

"All You could ask for" submitted January 17, 2012

By Rick Alexander in Frankfort, IN
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing 40+ years, guitar, bass, dobro, harmonica, keyboards
Music Style: Americana, Classic Rock, Blues, Country
Sound: The sound is unique in that you can get the standard Les Paul sound; also the body is chambered to create very good clean and resonant tones, almost acoustic due to the maple cap. Burstbucker pickups are very similar in tone to PAFs with a slightly higher output. Feature: Best feature is the chambered body because of previously mentioned tonal characteristics and much less weight as well as the 50's style neck which is perfect for medium sized hands like mine. I've read reviews criticising the Kluson tuners, but a lot of players don't realize that with vintage tuners you only need to pay close attention to your string winding techniques and they stay in as well as any tuners. This is true of all tuning mechanisms, as any pro will tell you. Ease of Use: Very easy. Three position toggle on upper bout for easy access. Regular Gibson set up for tone/volume. It is a tone monster, so pretty much anything you plug it into is gonna give you what you want. To truly test the tone of any guitar I always plug int any clean tube Fender ( preferably Blues Jr. or Princeton, Deluxe etc. As I mentioned the factory set up & intonation were nearly perfect). Quality: Very well made. The last new Gibson I bought was @2002 from a dealer and the set up was terrible(which was cool because I talked the guy down a few bucks). They have come a long way in quality control & product presentation. More like the "old days". I played my first Gibby in 1966. You absolutely can't go wrong! Value: No, it's worth more. Manufacturer Support: Have dealt w/them in the past (way past) but to my knowledge they have always been excellent. That' how you stay in this business for 80+ years. The Wow Factor: I bought it in the Faded Blue Satin; looks like my favorite pair of Levis. I currently own @20 guitars but this one bumped up to the top3 immediately. May end up #1. Love it! Overall: As someone who has owned literally hundreds of guitars I can tell you that Gibson has really stepped up to the plate w/this instrument for this price. Excellent setup & intonation right out of the box .Great quality, great sound & playability; plus Zzounds has a great return policy if you are not satisfied. Buy it!

"Great Value, Great guitar" submitted January 13, 2012

By Louis Oronoz in Davenport, IA
Overall
Musical Background: guitar, bass in bands
Overall: Everything ud expect from a Les Paul minus the fancy colors or binding. If u dont have a ton of cash, you can still own a les paul studio USA.My only qualm? I prefer the 60's slimmer neck.

When you call, mention priority code 156B-QHSP. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976