When you call, mention priority code 143H-71DL

Rating and Reviews: Gibson Les Paul Studio

This lefty version of the updated Les Paul Studio retains all the classic tenets of the Les Paul design, with the added versatility of coil-tapping pickups.

"Great Guitar" submitted March 3, 2013

By Jeff H in McDonough, GA
Overall
Musical Background: played clubs at a young age, now that the kids are grown I've made me a studio mancave
Music Style: classic rock and progressive rock
Sound: Gibson has a deep rich tone, and the sustain is incredible .whether I am on the 490 or 498 pick up. The clean tones are full and the overdriven tone from the humbuckers are perfect. Feature: I haven't used the split coil pick ups much but you can tell the difference. Was worried about the Granadillo fretboard but it's very smooth to the touch and the lighter reddish color is perfect for the Wine red finish I chose. And the lack of binding around the body doesn't matter, I think it' looks better without it Ease of Use: This guitar is great,Les Pauls get the best sound.I run it through a IPB 10 by Digitech(also purchased from Zzounds)into a Fender Amp. I'm getting the best tone I've ever gotten from my equipment (38 years) Quality: It's a solid Guitar, the 1st one I ordered had a bad grounding issue.so I sent in a return request and Zzounds had a new guitar shipped as soon as U.P.S scanned my return. This 1 is flawless. Value: I got a great price, they beat the other online stores by $200.00 Manufacturer Support: Didn't have to deal with them since Zzounds took care of my issue The Wow Factor: It's Gibson , they've always been top of the line Overall: I had owned a Les Paul in the late 70s and loved it. It was stolen in the 80s and I replaced it with an Ibenez. Then later a Jackson.But was never really satisfied. From the moment I took the Les Paul out of the case and played it I realized that I should have stayed with Gibson from the beginning

"Quite a nice surprise" submitted April 7, 2013

By Steve T in Metairie, LA
Overall
Musical Background: Bedroom player for 10 years. 30 year piano player.
Music Style: Classic rock, vintage rock and roll, and jazz.
Sound: Rich and warm tone, but with enough bite to keep it from getting muddy. Does classic rock extremely well, not too hot and not to thin. Very versatile pickups. Feature: Build is quite good. Can't say it is perfect, but few guitars are if you look hard enough. This ones quite a beauty and is quite well appointed with hardware, pickups, and the finish is excellent. Ease of Use: Didn't take much for me to get it sounding good. Could benefit from a setup mostly in terms of the nut which is pinging a bit when tuning. Easy and common fix. Otherwise, play is quite good. Sounded good right out of the box. Quality: Overall, I do think this studio is quite well made. Not perfect, but seriously I haven't come across one yet at any price that was. This is darn good for the money especially at the discount i got from zzounds. Should last a lifetime. Value: Definitely a great guitar for the money. Looking to buy an sg now. Really love this guitar. Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed to contact gibson. Probably only have average customer service, but not a big deal. Hopefully, I won't need to. The Wow Factor: Binding would set off the wow factor more, but the cool color, tone, and playability have me more than happy. Overall: This gibson studio in Pelham blue has really blown me away. Never really cared for my lp traditional and the 50s tribute lp looked like it was rushed through finishing. So, I was going out on a limb trying this one. Low and behold it is quite a fantastic guitar.

"SWEET !" submitted December 27, 2013

By Rick Webb in portsmouth, OH
Overall
Musical Background: 30 plus years playing guitar and bass . used to play out .now record at home
Music Style: rock , blues country
Overall: Very little set up required . the neck is good . humbuckers sound amazing .this guitar stands out when you crank it . has a sweet clear sound and i can get different tones with the push - pull pots . a really nice upgrade. she plays really well . the inntonation stays nicely.. the paint is beautiful. im sure i will enjoy this guitar for years to come .

"Nice!!!" submitted February 8, 2013

By Joseph G in Chicago, IL
Musical Background: One year
Music Style: All styles
Overall: I want to thank ZZounds for their amazing efforts in making easy pay options available. It's is my first electric guitar. I have a fender 25R amp, and this guitar came in excellent condition. Beautiful fireburst finish. So far i have not had any problems keeping the guitar in tune, and i play it almost everyday for at least an hour.This is the second purchase I have made from ZZounds. Spot on all the way. I like the way it plays and feels.

"Simply Stunned" submitted October 13, 2013

By Alan Ruiz in Bellflower, CA
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing guitar for six years now, just jammin at home or with friends.
Music Style: I mainly play pop-punk, punk, alternative and some ska.
Overall: Zzounds is honestly the best choice anyone can make. My lefty Gibson Les Paul got to my house without any dents, damage or defects and it plays like a beauty. Zzounds 100% recommended to any musician in need of quality equipment.

"Gibson Les Paul, buff said" submitted January 5, 2014

By Joey Lapino in Ft Lauderdale, FL
Overall
Musical Background: Session, and live performer.
Overall: Sounds greats. It arrived with really high action though. And intonation was slightly off. I had to file the nut a bit because the strings sat very high. It sounds and feels great but the quality control wasn't that great. Coil tap is killer for clean parts.

"Gibson Left-Handed Les Paul Studio " submitted May 6, 2013

By gerard m in lake worth, FL
Musical Background: jam at home
Overall: guitar is great but i don't think zzounds inspected it before it shipped. i almost sent it back but it plays good so i kept it. the fingerboard has chips on broken on the last fret and space after the last fret. the gold pickup covers were also very dirty. even now when i clean them there is some residue i cant get off it. if i could do it over again i think i would have returned it for another one. even though it was a good price i think it would have been considered b stock by most standards.

"Gibson, what a joke" submitted May 21, 2013

Musical Background: 30+ years Lead guitar Semi pro
Music Style: Country blues classic rock
Overall: I have been playing for 30+ years. I practice most everyday and gig just about every weekend. This was the worst playing guitar I ever had in my hands. The frets were way to high not to mention the extruded off the fret board nearly cutting your hand. I tried smaller strings, lowering the action, nothing helped this guitar from hurting you fingers. If this is what gibson has to offer for a guitar I guess thats why I have been playing a fender for so long and will continue.I give the Gibson Les Paul Studio No stars!!!!!!! Thank God for the return policy these people rock and have earned my music business.

When you call, mention priority code 143H-71DL. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976