When you call, mention priority code 155L-4LZ5

Rating and Reviews: Gibson LP Studio

This workhorse Les Paul Studio packs a pair of versatile split-coil humbuckers with coil-tapping, along with a super-playable granadillo fretboard.

"Les Paul Studio Fireburst finish" submitted September 18, 2012

By Terry Burdette in Rantoul, IL
Musical Background: Playing 40 yrs at home sometimes with others
Music Style: ROCK ROCKROCK
Overall: The les paul arrived in good shape, well packed from zZounds. This is my second les paul since 1987,It has that trademark les paul sound and i really love the coil tap option, I have been playing on and off for nearly forty years so i guess i can review this studio,no complaints on fit finish or playability,love the weight, i like em heavier not lighter. If you are a fan of humbucker guitars you will be at home with it. This studio will be handed down to my sons then i hope grandsons, Yes i am a Gibson fan and proud of it. the transfer of energy from the strings and fretboard through the entire guitar is unmatched by anything i own. Made in USA

"Awsome axe" submitted June 10, 2013

By a customer from email.com
Overall
Musical Background: Been involved with music and bands for more 25 years, have played guitar for 7 years.
Music Style: Metal, Hard Rock, Blues
Overall: I ordered this guitar simply because I l've always wanted a real Gibson, and now I know why. Fell in love with this beast the moment I opened the case and took it in my hands. Mine is wine red and plays like charm. The intonation was absolutely perfect, however I had to lower the action a bit as I prefer it to be really low. I had previously read some bad reviews about the 490 and 498 pups, but I really like them, especially the 498 in the bridge. I often play with a lot of distortion, and it packs a really good punch. Clean sound is awsome on both pups, and the coil splitting adds fenomenal tonal variety. The weight relief really completes this guitar, and makes it one of the most comfortable guitars I've ever played. You add the fat sound of Les Paul to that and you have yourself a real beast of a guitar. Maybe some real hardcore critics can tell the difference in sound between a Standard and a Studio, but I sure as hell can't. And for $ 1100 I really don't care. Buy one now, you'll love yourself for it!

"WORTH EVER CENT AND THEN SOME" submitted January 31, 2013

By Will J
Overall
Music Style: Whatever I am in the mood to play.
Overall: Out of the box this guitar was set to scream. I know that there are fancier models with binding, mother of pearl inlays on the headstock, different names on the truss rod covers and burstbuckers or classic '57s - all of which are awesome, but this guitar is a player's dream. It is all business - exactly what an LP is supposed to be.. Just tell it what you want it to do. The push/pull pots give the single coil feel if you want it and you can find just about any tone you want from country to Jazz (not that I can play jazz but the clean tones are pristine). The guitar begs to be played. The stock tuners keep this beast in tune even with lots of bending. I will say the finish had a couple small defects but nothing I couldn't live with and nothing anyone else would even notice. Long story short: Badass guitar that will not disappoint.

"Gibson Les Paul Studio--- blemished 1069.00 dollars. free shipping" submitted December 21, 2013

Overall
Overall: Amazing. The purchase and delivery went perfectly well. The only blemish I could find was a very small scratch on the neck pickup cover plate. Barely visible.The guitar is magnificent. Everything advertised by Gibson is correct. Bought this unseen and never even picked one up. I am an intermediate player; planning on playing this the rest of my life. The features on this guitar are perfect. I thought I would never ever spend this much money on a guitar I had never felt but the Gibson name and quality were worth the risk. zZounds said they would take it back for any reason if I was unhappy and they would pay the shipping. I am so happy with it they would never get it back from me. I play it through my Marshall JCM 2000 and it sounds like the radio. I will do business with zZounds again. Jerry in Texas.

"1st Les Paul" submitted February 15, 2013

By Charles D in Glenwood, HI
Overall
Musical Background: Irregularly since "72". Acoustic guitar & uke. Electric guitar and bass. Non-pro/jam at home.
Music Style: Rock "classic & heavier", blues "acoustic, electric & blues-rock", Brad Paisley material "HE NEVER PLAYS THE SAME LEAD LICK TW
Overall: This axe is so inspiring! My first personal Les Paul, but my 2nd personal Gibson, that being a "73 SG special" which I had to let go of in "79" along with a "67 strat"! That being, I thank zZounds for making it possible 33 yrs. later to recharge my musical aspirations even if it only amounts to playing along with my fellow band mates "recording artists" at fairly loud levels! Thank you for your 10 & 12 pymt. plans. I've been able to acquire a 2012 stat; fender super-sonic 22, and a 2012 Gibson Studio Les Paul. I now have such great tone & sustain when desired that simply put, in the words of one great inspiration of mine, the late Steve Marriott "ROCK ON"!

"First online purchase of a Gibson Les Paul and Zzounds made it an excellent experience" submitted January 21, 2014

By Robert R in Troy, MI
Musical Background: Casual musician
Music Style: Classic rock
Overall: I must admit I was nervous about purchasing a four-figure guitar online - zzounds put all of my concerns to rest. Not only was it in mint condition when I received it, they continued to provide A+ customer service after purchase. All in all, between the price, service, and condition of the Les Paul, I couldn't be happier. I'll be a customer for many years to come.

"Gibson Les Paul Studio-2012" submitted October 4, 2012

By Mustang Mike in Scottsdale, AZ
Musical Background: 40+ years Hobbyist
Music Style: Classic R&R, some Blues
Overall: I bought the Vintage Sunburst from zZounds, just received it. It's great, it has the sound and feel of a LP Standard. I really don't miss the binding that much. I love the neck, it's like none of my other (9) guitars. I would recommend this guitar to anyone who likes humbucking pickups and a bit of weight to an axe. Super price too.

"Great classic tone!" submitted November 6, 2012

By Jon Isley in Taylors, SC
Overall
Musical Background: 25+years in the biz.Strats and pauls are the way buy american!
Music Style: Classic rock,Blues,and some metal
Overall: Very nice guitar for the price.I worked at guitar center for years so i have played some of the best.I never gave studio's a chance but I am sold.All the quality of the standards and most customs.Tone matches my 1991 custom. Better price,less weight.Out of the box the setup was perfect.Plug this guy into a tube amp and play away.

"2012 Gibson Les Paul Studio" submitted October 3, 2012

By Derek Close in Kalispell, MT
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing bass for 20+ years and am playing more guitar lately for my recordings.
Music Style: Rock, Hard Rock, Instrumental Rock
Overall: I'm loving this guitar! It felt natural in my hands from the start and the more I play it, the more comfortable it becomes. I've named it Lester.

"2012 Gibson Les Paul Studio" submitted December 13, 2013

By Tim Danley in Silt, CO
Musical Background: Trying to play for two years this Christmas
Music Style: Rock, blues, classical
Overall: I just received my new LP (First Gibson) from ZZounds. I bought it new but it came with a huge chunk of finish missing from the edge all the way to the wood. Also it stated that it was a 2013 but the serial number clearly says that it a 2012. ZZounds customer service was exceptional and gave me the option to return or keep with a price knockdown. I took the the deal and will repair it. This thing plays like a dream. I noticed the difference as soon as I hit my first chord. The neck, action and humbuckers are a true pleasure. The pull tone pots add an extra level of greatness. A team of angels singing a hymn can't come close to the sound of this thing.

"2012 Gibson Les Paul Studio" submitted October 19, 2012

By Steve I in Hohenwald, TN
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing since the age of nine and I am fifty this year. I play a variety of instruments, but guitar is my 'fave'
Music Style: I like to play classic rock and I have become enamored with the blues as of late. The Les Paul sound is ideal for both styles. Z
Sound: The chambered body has a great resonance. I was concerned that the chambered body may lose some of the "Les Paul" tone that I desired, but, this thing is a beast. It has sustain for days. It is lighter than my friends '91 Studio, but this baby is still very substantial in weight and I like it that way. Feature: The coil tap feature is a God send. Why did they not think of this sooner? The single coil tone is not "Fullerton", but it is a great added tone feature. The new style of Grenadillo fingerboard had me a little worried due to my being unfamiliar with the wood. My worries were put to rest as this wood is nearly identical to Rosewood. Ease of Use: Great tones from this guitar. I have heard people talk about replacing the factory "pots" to get more range in the tone knobs, but I find the tonal range offered by the factory knobs to be perfect. I am not a fan of altering a guitar too much. My Les Paul...Gibson Les Paul came set up very nicely.The intonation was 'spot on' and I actually raised the action just a smidge. The strings that were on the guitar were good, but I have my preferred set of '10s on now and it is rocking. Quality: My axe came with a "Flamey" Maple top that I was not expecting. It is not AA or AAA but it looks great under the Wine Red finish. All of the frets are finished nicely. The set neck is installed beautifully. The Gold hardware is amazing. My guitar came with a cream pick guard that has actually grown on me after initial thoughts of replacement. Value: I feel the value is exceptional. My jamming buddy has a Standard model and my Studio gets better tone than his more expensive Standard. I do like his extra binding, but not enough to pay for it on my budget. Tone is what I desire and tone is NOW what I have. Manufacturer Support: Have not yet. It's a Gibson, so as long as I put it in the case(which is gorgeous too), when I'm not playing, all should be well. Comes with a great warranty from Gibson. I live about an hour from Nashville and I have visited the factory a couple of times so I'm not concerned about the lasting quality of my Les Paul...Gibson Les Paul. The Wow Factor: Gibson Les Paul -- In my opinion the WOW comes when someone asks me what kind of guitar I play. Today I am proud to let people know that "I play a Les Paul...A GIBSON Les Paul" Do you feel me? Overall: I had my Les Paul ( I still like the way that sounds---my Les Paul) delivered to my work because I am not home during the day. My co-workers were as excited as I when the package arrived via FedEx. My Les Paul was packaged very well and it was like Christmas as I opened the boxes and then the Gorgeous case that has the Gibson stenciled nicely on the front. There is Bond...James Bond. And now I've got the Les Paul...Gibson Les Paul...Nice...Very Nice !!! zZounds made it possible for me to play my dream guitar and make monthly installments. I am looking to purchase a nice tube amp when I get this baby paid off. Thank you zZounds.

"Les Paul Standard is okay" submitted February 16, 2013

By Billy G in Cuba City, WI
Overall
Musical Background: Worked at several M.I. retailers and have been playing for over 20 years
Music Style: Rock, blues, country after a few beers
Overall: I bought this when they started the 12 months pay as you go program and I am happy with the guitar. With that said it needed a set up when I got it out of the box and I have a suspicion that it was a return. It had no warranty card or tool kit with it. The neck is good not great and the neck pickup was way muddier than I was expecting. To be honest I wish I had purchased a second SG Standard. It is a superior guitar for less money. I do like the pickup coil tap feature and after changing the strings and fixing the action it is a decent guitar. The look of the thing is great but not perfect there a some chatter marks on the fretboard but the overall finish is decent. All in all a good classic guitar for a fair price.

"Gibson Les Paul Studio" submitted February 2, 2014

By David Anderson in Tonasket, WA
Overall
Musical Background: I have Played With some Great People,,,very Professionally...
Music Style: Blues and Rock
Overall: Nice Ax,,,Great Sound,,,Very Price,,,,,I Would Do it agian

"Amazing 2012 Gibson LP Studio" submitted October 11, 2012

By Jeff T in Hilliard, OH
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing for over 20 years; guitar, keys, bass, some drums
Music Style: All
Overall: First off, when I received the shipment and opened the case and first saw my LP; it took my breath away. I ordered the wine red with gold hardware and she is a beauty! I noticed it wasn't too heavy, which is nice when I'm playing it. When I got home and plugged it in, I immediately noticed the power of the pickups. I have Seymour Duncans in my other Epi Les Paul and they sound good, but not like 490 & 498. The warmth was amazing and the bottom end thumped and the highs were crisp and cear without being shrilly. I have push-pull pots in my other LP as well, but with the new LP, it sounds better. I seem to have more control of the sound. This will be my #1 guitar right now b/c it does sound amazing; then again, it is a Gibson. Well built, beautiful and easy to play.

"Les Paul" submitted January 1, 2014

By Michael P in Georgetown, OH
Musical Background: Southern Rock, bluegrass, fingerstyle for several decades
Music Style: Pretty much any
Overall: Excellent guitar with a wide range of sound capability. The ultimate rock guitar in my opinion. The workmanship is great. Definitely a good value. You can get about any electric guitar sound. I like the hollowbodies like Gretsch and while the LP does not give that sound it ain't bad.

"Les Paul" submitted January 1, 2014

By Michael P in Georgetown, OH
Musical Background: Southern Rock, bluegrass, fingerstyle for several decades
Music Style: Pretty much any

"a les paul studio with a few changes" submitted June 8, 2012

By john w in richmond, VA
Musical Background: have several gibsons
Music Style: rock,blues,metal
Overall: gibson no longer has rosewood or ebony on its studios anymore i like the push pull pots on both pickups also the 60s slim neck which is rare before that except in the early 90s when you could get a studio lite with a sixtys neck they also got rid of the black plastic parts on all models except black the alpine white and classic white are gone too! changes are ok and price went up too!!

When you call, mention priority code 155L-4LZ5. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976