When you call, mention priority code 176M-6M1H

Rating and Reviews: Gibson Les Paul Standard

The Gibson Les Paul Standard is the new standard for electric guitars. With Plek treatment and a chambered body, the Gibson Les Paul Standard rocks.

"Stunning and Beautiful" submitted April 1, 2012

By Anthony G in Fountain Hills, AZ
Musical Background: 10 years playing Guitar
Music Style: Classic Rock, Country
Sound: its a Les Paul,,, sounds quality is always great Feature: I love the feel of the neck,, that new asymetrical process is nice Ease of Use: extremely playable. and now that its light, us old guys will like it even more Quality: very well made,,, its a gibson, just wondering about the quality control before it leaves the factory Value: its pricey,,, but well worth it Manufacturer Support: I dealt with gibson about 10 years ago with my first les paul and they took care of everything right away with no questions asked Overall: I bought the goldtop. Unboxed and opened the case and was stunned with its beauty. Carefully removed it from the case and was amazed at how light it was for a Les Paul. My shoulder will thank me immensly. Was a bit disappointed that it was so far out of tune. Makes me wonder if it actually went thru any quality control at Gibson. Tuned it, hit a few runs and a string popped. OK I never liked gibson strings anyway so not a big deal. I will say with this PLEkd system the string height was perfect for me. Only time will tell more

"Great Guitar" submitted March 27, 2012

By Todd Emery in Tooele, UT
Musical Background: Playing over 30 years
Overall: Received my new Ebony Les Paul Standard through Zzounds, arrived ingreat shape and on time. Set-up on the guitar was good; did have to do a few adjustments on intonation...often expected when guitars are shipped. No problems with fit and finish on the guitar. I went over it inch byinch. I almost went with the Traditional, due to negative comments on LP forums regarding the chambered body. But now, after playing it, I would not trade. Sustain is excellent; tone excellent. Kinda expensive....but well worth it.

"Quality Control?" submitted March 20, 2012

By D R
Musical Background: Guitar
Overall: First of all, I am a Strat guy. That being said, I recognize the tonal differences and necessity of having a Paul tone to compliment my style. I received the guitar and was very excited. Until I turned the vol knobs. The bottom knob was not smooth at all and felt like it was getting stuck. If I am dropping over $2.5k, it better be perfect. Especially the volume. It is critical that function works flawlessly throughout any show. I was surprised to see that someone at Gibson actually signed off that this was a product good enough to go to market. As for tone, it was exactly what I expected. Through my Mesa Roadster it was huge. The cleans were not bright like my strat, of course, however I would describe them as rich and thick. Not muddy, just thick. The action was very smooth all over the fret board. Action was pretty good for a factory set up. My hope is that the Paul I received was an anomaly regarding the volume knob, but it really was disappointing. The tone was awesome, but without flawless function, the tonal capabilities cannot be fully maximized.

"I still would like others but this guitar fills the void in my collection" submitted June 7, 2011

By a customer from baime.comhobbyist
Music Style: rock-folk
Sound: Full and beautiful Ease of Use: pickup switch and knobs need to be explained better Value: expensive but a better value than other models and brands in this price range The Wow Factor: everyone needs a les paul and a stratocaster in their collection Overall: its perfect

When you call, mention priority code 176M-6M1H. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976