When you call, mention priority code 1ZQ-FGY3

Rating and Reviews: Gibson 2016 Les Paul T

Belt out classic Les Paul tones without any frills. Equipped with 490R and 498T humbuckers, the '50s Tribute also features a maple cap on a mahogany body.

"very fine gibson vintage burst" submitted December 12, 2015

By roger C in Irvine, CA
Overall
Musical Background: its a life long ambition
Music Style: if it sounds good i play it.
Overall: it was shipped fast and packaged well.it needed to be tuned,but held tune even after puttung it throuhg the riggers.i dont see any chrachter flaws and finish is excellent.this is as good american quality as more costly gibsons but i dont need bells and whistles.so skip body binding,skip coil splitters,skip all the gossip atributes and get on with the show.thanx to both gison and zzounds.and god bless america

"Just buy it...!!" submitted February 10, 2016

By Patrick B in Seattle, WA
Overall
Musical Background: 50 years. Guitar, keys. Yes and yes.
Music Style: rock, country, blues
Overall: If you have always wanted the real deal Gibson Goldtop yet could not bring yourself to pay the big bucks then this is the way to go. I love this guitar and it loves me. In my 50 years of rockin' I have played enough Goldtops to know that this Goldtop is top gold...!!

"Outstanding guitar" submitted June 20, 2017

By Brian P in Binghamton, NY
Musical Background: 20+ years, past touring exp
Music Style: blues, slide, rock
Overall: I have played Fender Strats for over 20 years, I've owned a few LP's and a few SG's but I never really liked the necks, they seemed narrow and thin. The first thing I noticed was the neck - it is thicker and somewhat wider than the 90's studio and late 70's custom I had in the past. Not SRV/boatneck thick, but enough to grab. Features - it's a Les Paul, nothing new. 2 vol 2 tone and a 3 way. Quality - Kluson tuners with Gibson guts, finish is perfect without flaws. Support - never dealt with Gibson, I gave them a 5 because of what friends have told me about their recent experiences. Sound - Sounds like a Les Paul. I gave it a 4 because this guitar has a LOT of 'quack' in the treble position. Way more than I've ever heard, it doesn't sound bad, but it's not my thing and it's easily fixed with a slight roll of the tone. I also gave it a 4 because there's a possible ground issue with the wiring, some buzzing unless I'm touching the bridge/strings BUT it is possible it's the electrical system in the place I was at. Regardless, the guitar sounds amazing. I ran it though a 68 CDR and BF champ. Ease of use - it came setup with super low action, very slight buzzing in a few spots (could be me though...). I play with a very heavy hand and play mostly slide so it doesn't work for me but it's going to get new strings and setup any way. It would be perfect right out of the box for a player with light touch. Value - I'd give it a 10 if I could. For about $900 shipped to my door I am blown away. I heard a lot of bad things about Gibson over the last 10-15 years and played some downright awful instruments from them. I recently heard they worked to fix a lot of those complaints in the last few years so I took a chance on this goldtop. There's not a single bad fret, the nut is perfect, finish is great, and everything is nice and tight/tidy. This guitar sounds, plays, and is built so far beyond a plus top standard I played in Nashville maybe 5-6 years ago it's not even funny. Wow factor - I gave it a 3. The goldtop color is a little off from what you expect to see because a lot of those are vintage and have settled or whatever. The back and neck are painted black, it's thin and the grain comes through but I personally like the dark mahogany look. There's also no binding. So while imo there's not a huge wow factor going on in the looks department, it's still a sharp looking goldtop that will age and look better over time. For me the wow factor is the sound and build quality. In that aspect it's a 5.

"Gibson Les Paul 50's Tribute T!" submitted February 23, 2016

By Derek G in Elkton, KY
Overall
Musical Background: 10 years. Jam at home and playing gigs.
Music Style: Hardcore, Punk, Metal, Blues, Classic Rock.
Overall: Well what can I say about this guitar that hasn't already been said?? An excellent Les Paul at a price that is much kinder to your wallet. Was shocked with how versatile this guitar truly is. Although I play blues and classic rock, I'm in a hardcore band, and this guitar sounds absolutely gnarly through my Peavey 6505+. No matter what kind of musical background you come from, I definitely recommend this particular guitar if you have pondered getting a Les Paul like I have. Only one small problem I experienced, I received mine with a Crack in the neck, right under the nut. I called up zzounds and they came through and sent me another right away, this one came in quite nicely, so I suggest giving it a good look over if you decide this is the guitar for you, but definitely don't let that little bit discourage you from getting one. This thing kills, I'm very pleased to call this my first Gibson!

"Gibson Les Paul" submitted February 12, 2017

By craig g in yorba linda, CA
Musical Background: im just learning . 7 months new
Music Style: Punk Rock ,Rock n Roll , Metal
Overall: this is my second guitar but my first Gibson. i love it . shipping was great . zZounds i want to thank you for all your help ,your customer service ROCKS they helped me alot. THANKS zZounds i will keep doing business with you for along time

"Amazing " submitted September 5, 2016

By Cal Brokaw in Dumont, NJ
Overall
Musical Background: Playing 53 years.
Music Style: Rock, metal
Overall: Doesn't get better than this. Shipped n received in 2 days. Set up was ok out of the box. Finish is awesome and the sound even better. This is one great guitar better than my standard. TY zZounds and Gibson for this amazing axe.

"Pretty good but make sure to look under the hood!" submitted February 3, 2016

By Eddie M in Santa Barbara, CA
Musical Background: Acoustic and Electric Guitar player for 15 years
Music Style: Rock, Indy, Blues, Praise and Worship
Overall: I got this guitar last week and it's built well and feels great. The pickups were a little sterile to me, but I know that's just personal preference. I decided to get some seymour duncans to throw into this guitar to make it perfect! I opened up the back to install them and I was surprised to find a computer where the wiring should be. Maybe this is common knowledge to everybody that Gibson is doing this, but I don't really see anything in the description about this 50's tribute having the Gibson Quick Connect system. If your plan is to put designer pickups in this guitar maybe it's not for you or be prepared to buy a wiring kit. When people buy a guitar online you should probably show a gut shot or let them know whats under the hood. I'm not mad, just disappointed...

"Very Nice Gibson" submitted February 23, 2017

By Alice B in Jasper, AL
Musical Background: 60 years a Piano and Guitar Amateur at home
Music Style: Country, Classic Rock and Gospel
Overall: I purchased this Gibson as a gift and from what I've seen and heard, I couldn't be happier. I play as does my Grandson and I have always wanted him to enjoy the best. This guitar fits him perfectly as it has the 50's style neck (wider than a 60's). The 490 and 498 Humbucker sound very "Vintage Gibson"as well as the "Vintage SunBurst Finish", something he has always wanted and now has. The fit and finish is very basic but very nice. He doesn't have to worry about dings and scrapes that are sure to come in the future as this guitar will be his "Work Horse". I need to thank zZounds for making this happen as well. With their "Pay as you Play Plan" it has allowed a GrandMother on a fixed income to be able to make my Grandson's Dream come true. You can't go wrong buying this guitar for your collection if you need a quality instrument from Gibson without breaking the bank.

"A Love-Hate Relationship - Gibson Can Do Much Better:" submitted June 26, 2017

By Robert H in San Bernardino, CA
Musical Background: Studio Musician, BMI Recording Artist
Music Style: Classic Rock, Multi- Genre
Overall: I bought this 2016 Gibson Les Paul 50's Tribute. Serial #160119204. specifically for the thick 50's neck profile. Upon inboxing, I recorded a full .100" unfretted string height at the 12th fret. Closer inspection revealed several very high frets. The pickups buzzed loudly and picked up a local FM radio station. I made a You Tube video of this and switched between 3 different guitars on the video, and all others were totally silent through the same rig.I then sent this video to both Gibson and zZounds. I also had the guitar inspected by Gibson Warranty in Hollywood, Ca. The tech advised he found the bridge pickup had a "short" and he found "bleedover" between two traces on the printed circuit board. He also advised over three weeks to obtain replacement parts. I returned the Les Paul to zZounds right away. This is Gibson Number 3 - a brand new 2003 SG Standard, a 2016 SG T series and this Les Paul 50's Tribute. All three had similar issues. Sorry, no more Gibsons.

"Great Guitar" submitted July 7, 2016

By Scott S in Accident, MD
Overall
Musical Background: 40 years of playing Gibson guitar. I play Guitar, Bass, Piano.
Music Style: rock, blues, metal, classic rock.
Overall: I just bought this in a Gold Top last week. Great guitar. I have owned a lot of Lest Paul’s over the past 40 years. This is very bare-bones, which is not bad, because it does not have all the crap we, as guitarist end up not using or ripping out, like robot tuners and coil taps. The finish is a nice matt finish, which does not show every finger print, the 50’s style neck is a little thick, but after about 3 minutes feels great. The High “E” does not slide off the neck when pulling off the string, like it does on the 60’s slim taper neck. The pickups sound great, and have a really nice tone through a Marshall JCM 800, 100 watt stack. It came completely set up, the action and intonation was spot on. It even had a photo of the guitar on the tech bench being set up. It came with a cleaning cloth, truss rod wrench, and allen wrench for the bridge post. The gig bag is the best I have ever seen, but I did op to buy a Gibson hard-shell case. So far, the Kluson vintage style tuners have been staying in tune, but I have found these to fail after a few years so I will probably swap them out for either Grover locking tuners with the plastic tulip heads or the Revolution G-mount 19:1 high ratio locking tuning machine with Pearloid Tulip heads. Over all, this studio plays and sounds just as good as my Standard if not a little better. I can tell this was built as a workhorse, no frills instrument. I could not find 1 flaw in the quality. For the price, you can not go wrong.

"Pictures are awesome... Guitar... Ehhh..." submitted November 29, 2015

By Matthew M in Iowa Park, TX
Musical Background: 15 yrs guitar bass mandolin harmonica
Music Style: Rock blues Christian
Overall: Looked at this guitar for over a week before pulling the trigger on it... I know I'll get tons that say "but it's a Gibson Les Paul" but for me personally... These are my opinions take it or leave it... As for Zzounds ... They were great and returned the guitar and even paid for the shipping back. They made it right and refunded the money promptly... As for the guitar.. It was poorly set up, terrible fret buzz, and wouldn't hold tune at all... I know I know it wasn't professionally set up...but for the money it shouldn't play like a Wally World guitar at best. The finish looked great in the pics, but it was odd! It was like a flat gold top... Felt like the finish would wear very quickly. Neck felt like a tinker toy and the frets were jagged and uneven... The neck was also poorly assembled and had bear wood exposed at the joint .Yea... I could have spent another pocket book full of money to make it feel and play better, but I can honestly tell you that my Mexican Baja tele would play circles around this whopper... The gig bag was awesome however. But as for the guitar... Save your money and buy something that Gibson pays better QC on...
20 of 39 people (51.28%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 1ZQ-FGY3. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976