When you call, mention priority code 158X-D04N

Rating and Reviews: Gibson '50 LP Studio Trib

By combining classic elements from the original '50s Les Paul with the affordability of the Les Paul Studio, the Les Paul Studio '50s Tribute Humbucker is an affordable and unique take on a legendary guitar.

"Just got this and it's amazing" submitted March 20, 2012

By Al W in St. Pete, FL
Overall
Musical Background: Over 20 years, mostly just play at home now.
Music Style: Blues, rock
Sound: I've had to boost signal with my Strats over time, so usually have a Tube Screamer connected to my amp. This Les Paul doesn't require anything. The sustain is incredible, the pickups are very high quality, and a signal boost of any kind just takes away from its sound. Quality: Quality is exceptional. Flawless body and neck. Sure you're missing the binding from the more expensive Les Pauls, but you won't miss it. This thing is beautifully crafted and the darker sides and back make it look exquisite. Value: Ridiculous value. I'm still not certain how they make this guitar for the price they sell it for. Nothing this nice should be $850. Manufacturer Support: Haven't used it and seriously doubt I will. Overall: I've collected Fenders for some time now and wanted a Les Paul. After shopping through traditionals, studios, etc., came across these tributes. I ordered one as the price seemed perfect. Couldn't believe the quality when I received it and the sound/playability is phenominal. If you're considering one, but haven't seen it before, you will be pleasantly surprised by the quality. It's a fantastic purchase.
31 of 32 people (96.88%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Excellent guitar, highly recommended " submitted March 23, 2012

By Jack S in Tehachapi, CA
Musical Background: Non professional - hobbyist
Music Style: Rock, blues, classic rock and metal.
Overall: This is my first Gibson; I have an Epiphone Les Paul standard Plus - made in Korea, not China, and I thought it played pretty good. I had no idea how much better the Gibson Les Paul studio 50's tribute was going to play. All I can say is WOW!!! the difference is undeniable. What a great guitar for the price. To add to that a bit more, I bought a blemished model for $679.00 and I couldn't find any problems with it, so I feel like I made out big time! This guitar plays and sounds excellent and the quality is outstanding too. All of the other reviews give a lot of details and specifics, so I won't be redundant, but I can't say enough good things about this guitar. if you are looking for an affordable Les Paul, I strongly suggest you give this guitar a try, you are going to love it - I do.

"Another great Gibson guitar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" submitted December 26, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: Semi- pro, I play guitar, bass, and keyboard. Iím an active gigging musician. Iíve been playing for over 25 years now.
Sound: The open pick-ups are hotter than the ones in my studio, probably because they are not covered. I'm playing it through a Peavey stack without using processors or pedals. Iím getting the same sound from this guitar as I do my Les Paul standard. I have owned this guitar for a week now and made it my primary guitar for gigs. With a little effort I get sounds ranging from 70ís -2000 rock. Feature: This guitar is a MUST buy for anyone wanting a Les Paul. At $849.00, more than half the price I paid for my standard, makes it affordable to anyone wanting an American made Gibson. The woods used are great, the bake maple neck is better than I thought it would be. I usually change the pick-ups out on every guitar I buy, but there is no need on this one. Gibson doesnít need to change a thing on this guitar, but I can see it competing with their higher end models easily. Ease of Use: Iíve been playing guitars for over 25 years so getting the sound I want is easy, but this guitar has a natural sound that works for several genres of music. Iím partial to Gibsonís Plek system, with that said the action and intonation was spot on out of the box. I will as I always do with any guitar, have it set up to my playing style but this is individual preference. I find the neck very fast but I have always played on Gibsonís necks. Some people find the necks chunky but I like them like that. Quality: All I can really say here is: flawless. I bought the Worn Heritage Cherry and it was stunning out of the box. The picture does not do it any justice. As I said before the action and intonation was spot on out of the box. Frets are smooth with no rough edges. No fret buzz and the neck was straight, no back bow. Itís a Gibson, enough saidÖÖ Value: In short ďYes.Ē There are other brands out there for less money but do not have the craftsmanship Gibson places in their products. These other guitars are not American made. I own a Jackson Soloist and a Martin D-16, which both are fine guitars but cost a lot more than this Gibson does. I own 7 Gibsons, Les Paulís and SGs, and will not sale any of them. Manufacturer Support: Any time I needed to call Gibson they were there and ready to help. Great customer service. Never needed to call them because of product problems. I own several Gibsons dating back to the 80ís and never had a defect or problem with their craftsmanship. The Wow Factor: This guitar feels and plays as great as the higher end Gibsons do. Iím actually thinking about purchasing another one, different color of course. The sounds produce from this model is absolutely great. The sustain is great, I canít even begin to explain this in this small box. There is no sound that canít be dialed in from this guitar. Overall: Iíve never sold any Gibson I own, so I expect to own it till I die, then Iíll pass it on to my kids. It was well made, no problems found with it. If it was lost or stolen I would buy another one, then I would chase down the person who stole it. The other Guitarist in my band began playing it, and then wouldnít put it down. I had to take it from him. Now heís buying one for himself from ZZOUNDS.
56 of 60 people (93.33%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"50's LP Studio Trbute" submitted October 31, 2012

By Brian M in medford, MA
Overall
Musical Background: Been jaming for over 25 years and stiil no nothing. Guitar and nothing eles.
Music Style: Blues,rock,metal.....
Sound: This things sounds great!!! What more can be said!!! Overall: This was my first guitar from zZounds,and will not be my last. They are a great bunch of folks!!! I also got a USA Strat from them and a new Gibson Midtown Standard P-90 on order!!!! This is review is more about the people at zZounds. I have used the 8 pay and play for my first two. Well the LP is payed off so I just had to have to new Midtown. Placed order and was denied!!!! WOW what a bummer. I guess with my rating I can only get a ax thats just under a grand for the 8 play and play. Any way back to the LP its a great AX. Great neck and the sound is well anything you want!!! Great price but should come with a case!!!! Just a few things I dont like, no felt under the strap buttons. Finish is a bit thin,I have the Satin Honeyburst and it will chip and fad fast I am sure. But all and all this is a great guitar and my first Gibson!!!

"gold top" submitted October 15, 2012

By Tim Murphy in Birmingham, AL
Overall
Musical Background: i have been playing for 40 years have a Gibson 1958 re-issue flying V, another Les Paul standard and now this new 1950's
Music Style: Rock Rock and more Rock
Overall: 1950's humbucker goldtop is awesome just got it this morning at 8:30 how that for first thing in the morning to wake up to. The guitar was double boxed not way FEDEX could tare this up plus had bubble wrap inside both boxes. The factory setup is great action is low no buzzing. I Inspected back first flawless then flipped it over and the front is the same no damage no bad mistakes on the finish. The baked maple neck really looks like a rosewood neck the color is alomost the same. I plugged it up and ripped out a few licks the pickups are awsome turn up the volume just to where it starts to overdrive and this thing kicks ass nasty Angus Young sound. I think Gibson leaving the covers off the pickups really gives this axe the extra raw bite these pickups really want to let loose. All in all great deal from zZounds music and on a payment plan as well how can you beat that (I really dont think you can beat that) the guys at zZounds were great helping me out and the shipping was fast. Got a customer for life in me zZounds.

"Les Paul 50's tribute with humbuckers" submitted July 14, 2012

By bo bosch in jackson, WY
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing for 10 years, i play several instruments, produce and dj
Music Style: classic rock, blues, metal and electronic
Sound: Sounds just like its big brothers. That classic les paul tone really comes out of it. It plays great and fits with any genre you wanna play Feature: mahogany body, 498/490 pickup combo is great especially for heavier music. typical les paul control setup which is great of course. Ease of Use: Set up perfectly out of the box, actions great...the only thing i did was change the strings to some dR's, not that gibsons are bad i just don't really like the feel of them. Quality: Gibson USA...Have had several guitars from them over the years, none of them have had problems and i'm sure this ones no different Value: Worth every penny, same guitar as the standard and what not but a third of the price...only difference is a plain satin finish with no body/neck binding so why pay thousands more for the same guitar unless you of course want the fancy finish Manufacturer Support: Pretty easy to reach from past experiences and are happy to answer your questions The Wow Factor: Gibson Les Paul...great guitars always have been Overall: Great guitar at a great price, wouldn't change a thing about it other than the stock strings. Awesome satin tobacco burst finish and a nice fat 50's neck
10 of 11 people (90.91%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Awesome guitar" submitted April 12, 2012

By Robert H in Ft wayne, IN
Musical Background: 30 plus years of guitar
Music Style: Classic rock and blues
Overall: Always wanted a gibson les Paul, but couldn't afford one. Now Gibson introduces this 50's studio tribute and all I can say is WOW! Awesome Gibson guitar at an affordable price. Everything you could want in a Gibson les Paul is here andthen some. I would highly recommend this guitar to anyone!

"An Amazing Value!!!" submitted February 1, 2012

By Louis Oronoz in Davenport, IA
Overall
Musical Background: Play at home (guitar) play locally (bass)
Music Style: Metal, Rock
Sound: The same pickups as other les pauls that go for over $1400. Feature: I love the neck and I love the tone. Ease of Use: Very playable. A dream to me. Quality: Gibson put some love into this baby. Value: For under 849? it looks and plays as well as Les Pauls over 1400 bux. I initially bought the Les Paul worn brown, which is a great value, but for 150$ more, youre getting way more of a value with this one. Im glad I did it. Manufacturer Support: havent used The Wow Factor: When I unzipped the gig bag it came in, I knew I was in love. Pics on the web dont do justice. Overall: A Les Paul value on par with more expensive models. I thought this would be a stepping stone for me in regards to les pauls. However, I got it and played it. I dont feel like Im missing out on anything, except maybe the binding!

"Excellence In Typical Gibson Fasion" submitted August 8, 2012

By Parker H in Greenville, SC
Musical Background: Play guitar semi-professionally
Music Style: Rock, hard rock & country
Sound: This is an extremely versatile guitar in the sound category. I sat and tinkered with it in all three pickup positions and found that i was able to get everything from smooth mellow jazz tones to heavy hard-rock/metal feels and everything in between. The bridge pickup is as hot as they come with great over all clarity. In the bridge setting with full on metal distortion, even with the tone knobs turned all the way to 10, you can hear every string ring out. The middle setting is absolutely beautiful for rockabilly with the neck setting being perfect for blues. This guitar is also awesome in the clean categories with great sounds in jazz in the bridge to a great country twang in the middle and neck positions. Over all this is probably the most versatile guitar i've ever played hands down. Feature: I have to admit I was a little weary of the mahogany neck. Just like most of you I'm used to the maple and rosewood necks but was pleasantly surprised at the overall look and feel of the wood. I got mine in "Worn Gold" and think the satin finish is beautiful and looks, in my opinion, a little tougher and more rugged than the glossier finishes. The neck on this guitar is a 50's style neck that just feels amazing. The 50's style neck is a bit fatter than a typical Les Paul but makes for excellent playability. Aesthetically, there isn't a thing I would change about this guitar with the exception of possibly switching out the plastic tuners that came on the guitar for chrome Gibson tuners. Ease of Use: The product arrived at my house ready to play, so it was as simple as plugging it in. The switch settings are very easy to navigate making it very easy to get several different sounds quickly. Quality: It's a Gibson. Enough said. Value: Again........It's a Gibson. Not to mention it's under $1000. You couldn't ask for more. Manufacturer Support: Gibson does and has always had great customer service. You would almost think you bought the product from them directly. I haven't had to call about this product but have called for a friend of mine for a simple question but they were very friendly and gave a very detailed answer. The Wow Factor: I personally love the look of this guitar. It's simple in its design and color scheme with massive sound. An excellent buy for anyone looking for a well built and versatile AMERICAN guitar. Overall: I have to admit that up until a couple years ago I was a DIE HARD Fender fan, but then I was introduced to the Les Paul by a band mate who has a Les Paul Standard. Everything on this guitar is excellent in every way. Right out of the box not only was it perfectly set up but I didn't even have to tune it.

"Just ordered and recived this guitar from ZZounds!!!" submitted March 5, 2012

By John V
Overall
Musical Background: Guitar, been playing a long time (more than I would care to admit) semi pro
Music Style: Classic Rock, Classic Punk, Country, And my beloved Blues
Sound: The over all sound of this guitar is great!! I get every thing from nice warm jazzy tones to great crunchy rock sounds. sweat blues sounds as well!!! Pickups respond perfectly no matter what effects I use with this guitar. I have put it all the paces and I can not put it down!!!! Feature: The neck on this guitar is very fast as well I love it great when playing cords to riffs can't say enough on how I like the neck. I must admit I was a little apprehensive of the baked maple finger board instead of a rosewood finger board but I am sold after playing it for a few days now. I all so like the weight do to the cambering done to the mahogany body. Very light on your neck!!! makes you want to not put it down!!!! Ease of Use: I use a TS 808 tube screamer, vintage analog delay, wah-wah peddles right now with a little bit of spring reverb on my amp and I don't mind telling you I own a very cheep amp right now (in between new amp purchase doing my research right now). But even with that being said the pick ups are great, playability is awesome, it is a GIBSON all the way. Fit is great Quality: The one I got as I said is honey burst. I like the satin finish I think this will over time allow the wood this guitar is made from to really breath and mellow fast over time, the only thing I have to say is it has a few flaws in the finish on the on the I have received. nothing really bad and I am very picky about this kind of thing. But at the same time I do not think I will return it. The way this guitar has been put together it is classy Gibson all the way. Neck tight, frets perfect, pickups set just right, everything right where you need it to be and like all Les Paul's it feels sold Mahogany neck, mahogany body, nice maple top, Value: In this economy this guitar screams value it is top notch. Look if you want a real USA Made Gibson Les Paul and you can't go for the top of the line ones like me right now. It is well worth the price period!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Manufacturer Support: It's a Gibson USA don't think I will need to! The Wow Factor: Gibson Les Paul all the way if it were stolen, lost, burned, or zapped up mars I would be devastated and would replace it right away!!!!!!!!!!!! Overall: First I would like to say my shopping experience shopping with ZZ was awesome!!!!! The guitar arrived on time and the rest of the gear in my order were as described in product distributions. I ordered the honey burst the pictures do not do it justice!!!!! the over all experience was 5 stars!!!!!!!!
15 of 17 people (88.24%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great Guitar" submitted January 27, 2012

By Skip A in Nashville, TN
Musical Background: Studio guitarist, producer, songwriter for 30 years
Music Style: Rock, blues, R&B
Overall: I've owned several Les Pauls in my life. And all of them have been beautifully made instruments -- included this one. I'm tempted to say what everyone else says; that's it a great guitar "for the price." But the truth is it's a great guitar at any price. Well done, Gibson.

"THE 1950S LPST WOW FACTOR, "BUY TWO"" submitted May 19, 2012

By KEVIN J N in HOLLYWOOD, FL
Musical Background: 46 YRS
Music Style: ROCK BLUES
Overall: What a great guitar for the money. Don't tell Gibson of their mistake these will surely go up in price. Inspected out of the Gig Bag which was better then I thought it would be. Finish flawless set up was dead on and the 490R and 498T sound great. The neck I found to be addictive. just a joy to play on. What can you say it's a Gibson Les Paul with less weight a great finish and does what it suppose to put a smile on the players face and one on the people that hear it. And yes a Gold Top will be coming to this house as well.

"Killer LP" submitted April 21, 2012

By Pat T in Pittsburgh, PA
Musical Background: Drummer and guitar hobbyist
Music Style: Rock and blues
Overall: You can't go wrong for $849. This Lp 50's Tribute is a beauty! The sound is amazing, it plays great and the burst finish is awesome. For the money you got one heck of an axe. I got the Satin Vintage Sunburst and the finish is just incredible. If you're like me and you crave for that Les Paul tone but your on a budget then I think you will be overjoyed to wrap your hand around this neck. It's got that tone that won't quit. A Gibson Les Paul tone. Thanks to Gibson and Zzounds for making these fine guitars affordable. USA baby!!!!

"Gibson 1950s Les Paul Studio Tribute AWESOME" submitted April 30, 2012

By Christopher G in Anderson, SC
Overall
Musical Background: Playing for 30 years, Guitar, Keyboards, Jam for the Lamb!
Music Style: Christian- Praise, Rock style, Country style.
Overall: Plays Awesome! Great sound! Great feel on the neck! Really Love! Gibson LP for $850 that sounds like the $3000 versions do. No brainer.

"Like a dram!" submitted August 23, 2012

By matt c in Cornwall , NY
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing guitar on and off for 49 years. I play at home and I play with a damaged medial nerve in my left hand.
Music Style: Rock, Blues, and reggae.
Overall: This guitar is wonderful. Nice full sound and great feel playing it. Probably the smartest thing I did this year.

"My Gold Top" submitted December 2, 2012

By Richard P in Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Overall
Musical Background: 48 years....anything with strings, and I play because I love to play.....professionally and otherwise
Music Style: The Blues, Rock , and anything else that has great guitar work!
Sound: Sound quality is outstanding....I can go from Led Zeppelin to Pat Metheny and be comfortable. Ease of Use: The fatter neck takes a few minutes to get used to and I would have rather have PAFs but....all in all I can use this guitar for whatever I like to play. Quality: Well made....The chambered body is not as heavy as the original.....but I'm to damn old to worry about weight....LOL Value: In a word ....Yes! Manufacturer Support: No problems and I've never dealt with the company. Overall: I've always owned Gibson's...My favorite has always been my 76 Les Paul Custom Cherry Sunburst.....This Gold Top has met all of my expectations. Beautiful guitar, incredible sound at all guitar, and amp settings. An affordable guitar made in the best tradition of Gibson.

"Gibson les paul 60's tribute Gold Top" submitted May 2, 2012

By NachoLibre W in Springfield, MO
Music Style: blues, country, Rock
Overall: I have been playing a long long time...had lots of vintage gear, boutique gear...I have a super flamey standard LP, a BFG, several strats and teles, and a couple of PRS...this is my favorite guitar...the playability and set up is unmatched in anything I have. The bridge pick up is a little weak compared to the neck, but I can live with it....Simply plays SOOO good! If stolen i would buy another fast...It's...My Precious!

"awesome!!!!!" submitted May 3, 2012

By ron n
Musical Background: 45+ years of mostly rock I also play bass and keys
Music Style: mostly rock
Overall: I have been a musician for over 45 years. I would have to say it is an exceptionable guitar. Everything about it!! tone,feel and it's not weighty. Great deal!!!

"Gibson 1950's Tribute Les Paul Studio" submitted February 9, 2014

By Jim E in Bentonville, AR
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing for 32 years. Play guitar, bass, piano, harmonica.
Music Style: Rock, blues, country.
Overall: Great little Paul with the sunburst finish just like a '59. Feel like I have something finally that compares to Jimmy Page. Really, the only difference in this and the others is cosmetic. There is no binding and that seems a silly thing to pay an extra two grand for. Very pleased with this guitar.

"Fabulous Guitar, Great Price" submitted January 3, 2014

By Brian Blackwell in Concord, NC
Musical Background: Playing guitar for 10 years seriously
Music Style: Blues, Rock, Folk. Influenced by Albert King, Led Zeppelin, Thin Lizzy, Gary Moore, Rush, Queen, etc
Overall: Amazing quality and tone at a great price. I ordered the worn gold and the look is fantastic, not too glossy. Weight is great and is not a back breaker. Pickups are very clear but also have a great bite. Frets were great and the neck was faster than expected.The neck is not the larger 50's neck seem on some Traditionals or 59' s I would recommend this guitar for great playability, tone and value.

"Fantastic guitar! " submitted November 14, 2012

By Jim E in Bentonville, AR
Overall
Musical Background: Different kinds of instruments and styles for about 30 years. Guitar for about 25.
Music Style: Country, blues, metal.
Overall: Received this as an anniversary gift from my wife and let me tell you, this guitar is AMAZING at any price. Love the feel and sound. Finish took me a day or so to get used to. Usually prefer more of a gloss finish, but the way these models are, I think the intention is to give it more of an antique feel and I have had older Les Pauls which feel just like this after they are worn in. The main thing I would like to lend my two cents to is this chambered versus solid body argument I have been reading about online. While I can see the traditionalists point of view, I have to say, this is a great sounding axe, will do everything you want it to do and doesn't weigh a ton either, so no problem standing up for hours on end.

"Great guitar...great service " submitted January 23, 2014

By tony b in Nowhere, ND
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Jazz
Overall: My new Gibson 50's LP studio tribute arrived in a few days without a scratch, packed very well. Fit and finish was flawless, this is a 2013 model and at around $800 it was a bargain. First thing I did was replace the strings so I know what I have. Tuned it up and was ready to play some blues. Great sound. Thanks Zz for the deal and payment plan, which made it an even sweeter buy.

"AMAZING GUITAR!!!!!!" submitted May 5, 2012

By jacob w in Wakarusa, IN
Overall
Musical Background: i am 15 and have played guitar for 3-4 years and i also play drums piano and bass, and i play drums for my church right now.
Music Style: contemporary christian
Sound: sound is amazing you can get any sound you want with this thing even if its blues, jazz, or rock it will do it. Feature: i wouldn't change anything on this guitar. Ease of Use: very very easy to use the action is great and very fun and easy Quality: it will probably last a life time and more. Value: this guitar should be more than it is worth. Overall: This is a must buy for any one wanting a Gibson les paul for a good price.

"Pretty good guitar" submitted August 6, 2012

By Thomas R in Phoenix, AZ
Musical Background: Drums semi professional, guitar and bass at home
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Christian
Overall: The LP studio Tribute sounds great. I love the uncovered pickups and the guitar was set up very well out of the box. The finish on the front is very good, although the satin (non-gloss) takes a little getting used to. It's rated down a little because of the side and back black finish. It looks a little like black paint you would get at Home Depot or IKEA. I've seen the same thing on the new Melody Makers too. It's okay but it seems like there could be something a little smoother/higher quality.

"I love it!" submitted April 1, 2012

By Jim C in Santa Fe, NM
Overall
Musical Background: Initially brass, now persussionist for bucks but collector of guitars of interest!
Music Style: Blues, country, early rock. hickabilly flat pick
Overall: I am generally a strat kinda guy. I have 2 with HSS and a friend is a LP man. I bought this for fun and boy am I having fun. My fingers haven't hurt after playing in years but I can't put this thing down!! Painful digits from having too much fun. Crank it up through an old tweed and it is heaven. I like the chunky neck but the action is a little high. Nothing my tech can't remedy. I would recommend this as a budget entry into the LP sound and feel.

"A real tribute to gibson guitars!" submitted September 17, 2012

By Sidney G in Kennewick, WA
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing since age 14 and am 59 now play professionally twice monthly.
Music Style: I play rock, country and religous music,
Overall: This guitar is awesome. It plays well and I see it used quite often by many guitarists! my last view of this guitar was at a FogHat concert. One of the guest guitarists came on stage playing what amounted to a replica of my guitar which I knew was sitting at home at that very minute.

"Great product,great service" submitted January 29, 2014

By John Parroccini in Warren, PA
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing forever!
Music Style: Blues
Overall: The guitar was set up perfectly. It just needed tuned and it was ready to go. It was just what I was looking for. The hum buckets have great sustain and the neck pickup has that 50's warmth, bluesy sound.

"Big Bang for the buck" submitted December 30, 2012

By Chris Hess
Musical Background: 21 years guitar
Music Style: blues, classic rock and metal
Overall: I was very disappointed when this guitar first arrived because of the fretboard meeting the neck looked very poorly done. I new this was a low budget version as far as aesthetics, but I frowned upon that. I finally played it and after playing it for the last few days I am blown away at how well it plays and feels. I have been playing for 21 years and I would rank this as one of the top playing guitars I have owned. The sustain is insane, and the tones sounds very chunky. I have owned some very nice guitars; PRS custom 24, 1979 Fender Strat, ESP, etc. I really love this, and the gold look is so cool!

"Finally a real guitar !" submitted October 15, 2012

Overall
Overall: Harmonics are spot on all the way up the neck. The open chords all sound perfectly blended no going from a perfectly sounding E chord to an awful sounding C chord like cheap guitars that you spend hours trying to adjust intonation and neck, My advice is if ya cant afford this then get a cheap guitar and save for this don't buy anymore other gear or guitars till ya have this baby in your hands. After buying this I will only buy Gibsons or nice fenders even if I have to save for 10 years Ill be happy playing this 50s tribute until then it a great quality instrument that's light with great sustain.

"The 1950s Les Pau Studio Tribute" submitted October 2, 2012

By Stephen Palmer in Jonesboro, AR
Overall
Musical Background: I been playing 50 years and am 66 years old I have play profeeionally and Jam at home ha, it's all good
Music Style: I love the Bluse, and at 66 i steal Rock and Country,Christian,Music I like it to.
Overall: Ha, it's all and them more the bends, the walks, the Keys, it's what i ask for, and I got it and then more, Thank You; Gibson and zZounds.

"Worn gold gibson les Paul 50s tribute" submitted February 8, 2013

By David A in Freeport, ME
Musical Background: 30 plus years professional
Music Style: All
Overall: Sound is amazing the frets need attention in the higher notes they don't bend right Its'probably a over site on Quality Control but it does matter to a guitar playerWhen playing solos if they spend a little more time on that more. Filing of the frets and crowning the ends would help and because of that I am disappointed other than that you have a winner and by fixing that problem then It Would be appreciated to fully enjoy this instrument

"Gibson 1950s Les Paul Studio Tribute" submitted November 14, 2012

By Steve L in Barboursville, WV
Overall
Musical Background: Playing for 30 years, Play guitar 3 church services a week, hobbiest
Music Style: Rock, blues, praise
Overall: Better than expected. I have a 2004 Gibson Standard and I think the LP 50's Tribute plays and sounds better.

"It's a Gibson" submitted February 2, 2014

By Charles G in Everson, PA
Musical Background: Played guitar off and on for 20 years
Music Style: Metal, Rock, Classic Rock, Christian, Chritian Rock, Blues anything by the Old G'N'R
Overall: Overall great guitar only problem I had is when I changed strings, ended up with some fret buzz.

"Les Paul 50's Tribute" submitted February 17, 2013

By Mike W in Moss Landing, CA
Musical Background: I have been playing guitar for over 40 years
Music Style: Blues and southern rock
Sound: Great pickups Feature: Great components, poor body finish. Ease of Use: The frets were too wide for the neck. I took it to my luthier and had them filed and the tonation set. The mohogany finger board is soft. My high E string seems to dig in on bends. Quality: A final sanding before painting would have made a world of difference. I have other guitars with satin finishes, but this finish is rough. Value: Fantastic price! Manufacturer Support: Yes. I have not yet reported a problem. The Wow Factor: I have always wanted a Les Paul, but I doubt I will buy another without examining it first. Overall: See below

"50's Studio Tribute" submitted May 1, 2012

By Frank S in Pittsburgh, PA
Musical Background: 10+ years
Music Style: Rock & Country
Overall: Excellent sounding guitar! Really hot humbuckers! Had bought other pickups to put in but don't need them. Satin finish makes for fast action on the neck. Highly recommend!

"Low quality materials from my experience" submitted July 22, 2012

By Brit S in Weatherford, TX
Overall
Overall: I was very excited to buy this Les Paul. Such a great price for all of the features I wanted: 490R and 498T pickups, nitrocellulose finish and maple top over mahogany body. When I received it I noticed the body and neck had dings in them that had been painted and finished over. That didn't bother me much, but when I saw the cracks in the fingerboard, I knew this guitar was not worth owning so I sent it back.To add insult to injury, I used zzounds 8 payment plan and they did not refund the processing fee I had to pay for the plan. Unfair in my opinion considering they're the ones who tried to sell me a defective product.

"Is this really it?" submitted June 21, 2012

By William Windham in Athens, TX
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing guitar for over 30 years.
Music Style: I play whatever style I like at that moment. Classical, Country, Rock, Metal, Jazz, Ambient, etc...
Sound: It sounds like a Gibson. Feature: Basic features, works well. Ease of Use: Very playable. The guitar needed very little setup when I received it. Quality: For a $200-$300 guitar the quality is good. Too bad that's not what the charge was. Value: No. Overall: To sum this up, I feel like the odd man out. Every review I read (or watched) had nothing to say about this guitar but good things. I don't feel that way. Although this is a very "nice" guitar, it just doesn't feel like a Les Paul to me. I feel that the chambering has been overdone and the wood feels fake. Along with the horrendous decision to paint the back black. I purchased this assuming that I was going to receive something like my 80's studio, but this guitar just does not stand up to my opinion of what a Les Paul is supposed to be like and is NOT worth the money.

"Gibson 1950's Les Paul Studio Tribute" submitted March 12, 2012

By Daniel H in San Angelo, TX
Musical Background: Have been playing since age of 7yrs old, Guitar/Bass/Key's
Music Style: Blues/Rock/Mexican-Tejano,Mariachi style.
Overall: I have always wanted to own a Gibson Les Paul. And when I saw the Tribute I immediately fell in love with it and placed my order. I have since used it a few times, I play in a Praise and Worship Band and it sounds awesome! Plays smooth and not bad as far as weight! I think that this has been one of the best guitars I have owned! Thanks Gibson!

"Got it today" submitted June 1, 2012

By William Windham in Athens, TX
Musical Background: 30+ years playing
Music Style: Whatever moves me at the moment.
Overall: This isn't a Gibson. Or not like any other Gibson I've ever held. It's TOO light, it's got almost zero sustain and no ballzie bottom end to it. I am extremely disappointed and irritated that I have just spent almost a grand on a $200 guitar. This is (at best) a nice beginner guitar for someone wealthy.

When you call, mention priority code 158X-D04N. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976