When you call, mention priority code 1ZS-9D68

Rating and Reviews: Gibson 2016 Les Paul T

Get the Les Paul you know and love. Loaded with coil-splittable 490R and 498T pickups, this LP Studio T is perfect for players seeking a utilitarian guitar.

"GIBSON 2016 LES PAUL STUDIO T- ELECTRIC GUITAR" submitted February 12, 2016

By Renee Whaley in San Jose, CA
Overall
Musical Background: guitar classical and electric 36 years, bass 28 years and drums 27 years - Bob Culbertson from the stick band was my very first
Music Style: I love it all ,but classical and hard rock, british old style metal and blues I favor. Put it this way I will just say the name
Overall: I have been playing guitar since I was 14, I am now 48. I always wanted a Gibson and now I finely own a beautiful 2016 T studio Les Paul. Zzounds is everything they seem to be . So far every thing they have to offer the customer with service, advice or questions answered is top of the line. Im blown away by this company . the guitar arrived on time. it is more beautiful than the picture, ready to play , all the little gizmos were included, including a two year Gibson gold warrenty. I have been trying to get my solo mojo back in gear and this Studio Les Paul does it for me. I play a music backtrack and improvise my solos, All I want to do is play it everyday . All my other guitars are now going bye bye so I can have this and hopefully buy more great quality instruments I always waited and long dereved a lifetime for. Do yourself a favor and treat yourself to a Gibson Les Paul . Thank you Zzounds. Im thrilled again and feel like a kid in a candy store.

"Awesome Guitar! " submitted May 7, 2016

By Elvin Gonzalez in Winter Springs, FL
Overall
Musical Background: More than 12 years playing guitar.
Music Style: Christian
Overall: I have been playing guitar for more than 12 years now and I've owned a lot of guitars. From low quality to high quality, and by far this 2016 Gibson Les Paul Studio T has been the best guitar I have ever played. It's super easy and comfortable to play and the sound is like you would expect from a high quality instrument. Distinctive classic Les Paul tone, beautiful cleans and screaming distortion sounds. I am playing in church now and this guitar gives me the ability to play any style of music. The coil tap makes it super versatile and helpful to get the sound or tone you are looking for. From zzounds I have to say that there play as you pay plan is a blessing for those that can't spend thousands of dollars at the moment. zZounds shipped the guitar on time and gave me an excellent customer service answering all my questions and clarifying my doubts.

"My Silver Ghost" submitted June 24, 2016

By Mikeilah Kennedy-LeFae in Colorado Springs, CO
Overall
Musical Background: I have played for 49 years, Singer/Songwriter, Lead/Rhythm, have music degree
Music Style: Classic Rock, Classic Metal, Celtic Rock
Sound: It is, for me, sonically perfect. It compliments and enhances my style of playing. Feature: The most useful is the guitar itself... I don't use the coil tap that much, but haven't had it available before, either. Ease of Use: It's a cake walk to get the sound I want and need. The learning curve is all but non-existent. It plays like butter, and sounds even better. Quality: Absolutely flawless on all counts Value: The value and quality is there in spades. Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed to avail support. The Wow Factor: Quite frankly, pictures do not, even, come close to doing the instrument justice, especially mine, as it's silver pearl. Overall: I am, for all intent and purpose, a professional musician. I have played guitar for almost 50 years, one year shy of 50, actually. I've watched guitars evolve along with quality. It used to be, the quality of an instrument was contingent upon what you paid for the instrument. My Les Paul Studio T came to me in flawless condition, the set up was, pretty much, spot on. I play through a Marshall JCM 2000 TSL paired with a full stack of speakers, (a 1960A and a 1960B). The 498T and 490R Pickup combination, paired with the Marshall, is truly Iconic, and you hear the roots of Rock and Roll in every note, every chord and power chord. The Coil Split/Coil Tap is interesting and offers a wide range of sound. If you want that fat Strat sound, when playing Rhythm, with both pickups single coiled, you get it... if you want the Strat 'Lead' sound, you can have that too. The neck is fast, and for a set neck guitar, the sustain is surprisingly great. I have 3 other guitars, all of which are neck through body, with string through body as well, and the Studio T has as much sustain as do the others. I have one other Les Paul, it's the 5 Finger Death Punch Les Paul. I am extremely pleased with my Studio T. The fit and finish is perfect, (Mine is Silver Pearl), the quality is magnificent, I have since purchasing it, done a little cosmetic work with it, but nothing to affect it's playability, the quality of sound. The guitar plays like butter, the sound is what I expected and wanted. It is the classic and iconic Les Paul sound Yeah, 1400 isn't that much to spend, but for that 1400, you get an instrument that is comparable to Gibson Les Paul's costing 3-4 times that. You will be most pleased if you take the plunge. I am glad I did.

"An Outstanding Guitar" submitted November 29, 2016

By Mikki Kennedy-LeFae in Colorado Springs, CO
Musical Background: Playing about 50 years, Teach Guitar, play professionally
Music Style: Celtic Rock, Classic Rock, Classic Metal,
Overall: I have had this Gibson Les Paul Studio a few months. Mine is the silver pearl edition. I've been playing since the age of 12, I'm now 61, 62 next month. Right out of the case it was ready to go, other than a minor tuning. The quality is outstanding, fit and finish is flawless. I play through a Marshall JCM2000 TSL full stack and what can I say except it's an iconic pairing. The 490R in the neck and the 498T in the bridge is simply phenomenal. Great "chunk" for those classic rhythms, solid mid range, highs with just enough bite playing clean. Switch to Overdrive and you've a roar driven by both pickups that will melt your face... The Marshall's OD channel is about all I need for distortion, unless I want to play something seriously brutal. As with most LP's it has weight, but there's a comfort in that weight. This Studio is one of two Les Paul's I own, that is not a signature guitar, but holds its own sonically, cosmetically, and in playability, with my other Les Paul's and SG's. It will handle and has handled everything I've thrown at it. The coil tap/spilt is another great feature and opens up another realm of sonic acuity. The neck is fast and friendly, if you follow my drift. Frankly, it has it all, and for the money, it's hard to beat. On a side note, the folks at zZounds have been great. My next endeavor will be a 2017 Les Paul HP Standard, in Blueberry Burst.

"AWESOME!!!" submitted October 5, 2015

By Richard Riner in Houston, TX
Musical Background: playing 5 years
Music Style: I like it all
Overall: Love the sound from this guitar! Its just what I was looking for. The split coils make this able to make twice as many different sounds come form it. All I can say is its a great guitar and built to last. I have had it about a month so am still working my way through all the things it is capable of doing, will update you later!!
15 of 17 people (88.24%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Awsome" submitted July 13, 2016

By Gary W in Clarksville, TN
Musical Background: Recording Musician
Music Style: Rock , Pop,
Overall: Unboxed this baby today. included with this guitar was a real picture of its birth on the diagnostic table, after plugging in to my Marshall amp I was very pleased by the sound. I am very pleased by this guitar. it Rocks!!! no kidding. I selected red wine with gold hardware, beautiful guitar. even my wife said wow. when I played her. I named her Stacey. cause shes staying with me. not interested in ever selling this one.

"cant get a les paul for the price" submitted September 10, 2016

By ricky hicks in taylor, MI
Overall
Musical Background: im just a bedroom rocker,but a good one!!
Music Style: blues,classsic rock,metal,a couple hair bands
Overall: this guitar has a great look and beautiful feel,very fast neck,coil tapping i dont use much,but its fun to play with,ive played alot of studios this one by far the best!!!

"Bummer" submitted July 3, 2016

By Aaron L in Taylor, MI
Overall
Musical Background: playing for 20+ yrs, play guitar, and bass. I play in a band the gigs and records often
Music Style: Rock, blues, country,
Overall: When I purchased this guitar, I had been using a PRS S2 and a Telecaster. I missed that Les Paul tone. Last year I bought an Epiphone Es339 with split coil, so to have to the split coil option on a Les Paul really had my attention. Sadly with this guitar this wasn't enough of a difference between the pick ups when the coils were tapped and they weren't to justify the price here. The look of the guitar like most Les Pauls was immaculate. Yet I also noticed there wasn't much difference when you had the toggle switch in the center like Jimmy Page use to do. Maybe others will have better luck than I did, and I hope they do, cause lets be honest, There is nothing like a Gibson, when you get a good one that is

When you call, mention priority code 1ZS-9D68. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976