When you call, mention priority code 1ZP-KL7R

Rating and Reviews: Gibson Shred Les Paul

Perfect for both Les Paul lovers and whammy fanatics, this guitar will stay in tune no matter what! The 490R and 498T humbuckers provide excellent clarity.

Overall

"THE GIBSON EXCLUSIVE LES PAUL STUDIO W/ FLOYD ROSE!!!" submitted March 13, 2015

By Bobby H in Greenville, SC
Musical Background: I am a song writer with over 30 yrs playing the guitar
Music Style: I enjoy playing all types of music , as long as it floe's , it will role !
Overall: I myself from looking at other Les Paul's under the 2,000.00 range , and I know for a nice Gibson L.P. ,I was asking a lot . I personally love a Floyd Rose and the 2 , with a Les Paul w/ Floyd are an awesome combo ! Unless you go with the Alex L.P. version at just below 4,000.00 grand , and the Studio both come with the same Bridge pick-up !!!! I own , with this one 3 true Gibson L.P. and have played many more ! People this is a awesome fun , playable Gibson Les Paul !!!! The neck is comfortable , sounds great ( remember the 4,000.00 ) with the same pick-up system . I have to recommend , if you like the combo with the L.P w/ Floyd - and I even forgot to mention the Studio has a awesome figured Flame Top , but you will not be disappointed with this buy!!! It also come with the old style U.S.A. GIBSON LIFTON STYLE CASE W/ THE PINK PLUSH INTERIOR !!!!

"Love this Axe!" submitted August 13, 2015

By Sam S in Winston-Salem, NC
Overall
Musical Background: Played professionally for a couple years back in the 1980s but only play for fun these days.
Music Style: Rock, Prog Rock, some funk, metal and blues
Overall: I was shopping for a Les Paul and I was not impressed with the 2015 models. I was not able to find what I was looking for at any of the major vendors online or in the stores. Then I stumbled upon this 2014 Les Paul Studio "Exclusive Run Shred Les Paul" with the most gorgeous cherry burst finish and a built-in Floyd Rose tremolo. Since I could not afford but one Les Paul, this one was perfect for me. It was under $2,000 brand new, and I like the tremolo. If I could afford to have 2 Les Pauls, I would have bought this one I am reviewing, and also would get a Traditional late-1905s re-issue with the classic pick guard and binding, and no tremolo. If I can come up with the greenbacks I might still buy one like that. But for me right now, the 2014 LP Studio with the Floyd Rose is perfect! I absolutely love it. I am really glad I found this guitar and bought it from zZounds, and I would buy it again, and would recommend it to a friend too.

"Wow!" submitted May 2, 2016

By Samuel Sanders in Winston-Salem, NC
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing guitar since I was 15; I am 52 now. Also play some keyboards and bass. Not playing professionally but have before.
Music Style: Rock and Roll! and free-form jamming...
Overall: This would be a perfect guitar for someone who has always wanted a Les Paul but also likes to have a tremolo bar on their guitar. I love the Floyd Rose whammy bars with the locking nut. It is more trouble to change strings and more trouble to tune, but it's worth it because once you get it in tune, it stays. So here it is, the beauty of a Les Paul, the quality, tone and playability. All here in this guitar plus a Floyd Rose tremolo. I own one of these and I love it. It is beautiful, and it plays and sounds great. It came with 9-42 ultra light gauge strings, and I wanted to put 10-46 on it. So all I had to do was to add one spring to the tremolo - it came with 2 and it can hold up to 5, so I added just one, and it gives it the perfect amount of added tension to accommodate the heavier-gauge strings. All this for a low price (compared to most Les Paul guitars). It doesn't have a pick guard, and the binding is not the same as a Standard or Traditional, but it is still beautiful and it is still a beast! I would not sell mine for a dime less than what these cost new, so I guess I'll be keeping it!

"Very Impressive Guitar!" submitted April 16, 2015

By Dan K in Millington, MI
Overall
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Metal.
Overall: Being partial to Floyd Rose and Gibson Les Paul's this guitar is a knockout! The great sustain of a Les Paul and the ability to dive bomb, what a combo! The flame cherryburst top on these guitars is stunning! Having owned an ebony Shred along with the vintage sunburst version shred this one has a very premium look. Very pleased with this model!

"Another very satisfied customer" submitted November 19, 2015

By Donn C in Cincinnati, OH
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing Guitar and Sax for over forty five years.
Music Style: Rock, Country, Blues
Sound: This guitar (with exception of the defective tailpiece) in all ways sounds and performs absolutely flawlessly. Feature: The Gibson Les Paul is the ultimate standard by which all other guitars are measured. And this one is no exception. Ease of Use: Again, although I had a manufacturing defect within the instrument, all other aspects of this it purchase, (and the instrument) were and are "Fantastic" Quality: Although the instrument I received had a manufacturing defect, zZounds stood by it and made things right - without ANY delays or hassles of any kind ! I just can't say enough good things about this company. Value: This item is a great value ! Manufacturer Support: zZounds handled all communications with the manufacturer so that I didn't have to.Again, no problems or hassles of any kind ! The Wow Factor: The way this product is promoted including all functions in detail definitely made my final decision of purchasing this item exiting and also one of confidence. Overall: Although the instrument I received had a manufacturing defect, zZounds stood by it and made things right - without ANY delays or hassles of any kind ! I just can't say enough good things about this company.

"Gibson shredder" submitted April 2, 2015

By Jon T in Bakersfield, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Been jamming at home for 40 years playin 60's 70's 80's rock and the blues
Music Style: Clasic rock, hair rock, country and the blues
Overall: This is the gibson missing link when it comes to shred guitar. The quality and sound of a Les Paul with the ability to dive bomb, Just what I needed to complete my guitar collection.

"Les Paul Shred" submitted May 18, 2015

By Keith R in Bancroft, MI
Overall
Musical Background: playing since 1970. This isn't my first Let Paul.
Music Style: Rock, Blues, and Jazz.
Overall: It reads as a 2011. It is quite well matched on the flame top. Came with a Gibson hard case with TSA lock. Thought it would have 5 springs on the tremelo but it only has 2, yet It stay in tune well and quite a great sounding Led Paul. Save some money and purchase this while available instead of the Led Paul Access.

"Gibson Shred Paul Studio" submitted April 28, 2015

By Adam F in Port orchard , WA
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing guitar for about 20 years.....currently in a band
Music Style: Classic rock and old school metal
Overall: Eddie and Randy in one guitar!!! the flame maple and Floyd Rose are amazing, especially at this price range. I can't thank the guys at zzounds enough for making it so damn easy to buy the Equipment you want!!!

"Beware!" submitted July 3, 2015

By Ted Macdonald in Carlisle, PA
Musical Background: Playing 41 years
Music Style: Classic and southern rock, Blues, Hard rock, Metal.
Overall: I bought one of these because I like Floyd rose trems and love LPs, Read all the great reviews here and thought I could not go wrong. Well I was partly right. You cannot go wrong buying from Zzounds and thank god Zzounds is where I bought it because when you get a turd, The returns are as painless as possible with Zzounds. Now, On to the TURD. I'm sure a lot of you know that lots of times pictures just do not do a guitar justice and when you actually get it in your hands you are blown away how much better it looks in person. Well toss that out the window here. My experience with this was the exact opposite. As soon as I opened the case I was shocked. I really thought they sent me the wrong serial #, But I checked and sure enough, This was the one that I picked out of SIX. Talk about UGLY!! The pictures of this looked 10 times better than the guitar really looked in person. I shrugged it off and thought "Well, If it plays and sounds nice, That's all that really matters" Within 2 hours there was no doubt this was going back. For almost 2k?? You have got to be kidding me Gibson. The neck on this was so bad, Probably the worst fret buzz I have ever experienced. Starting at the 7th fret the low E and A string were practically unplayable from 7th fret up. No problem you say, Just adjust the neck and action right? WRONG. I could not even get it a LITTLE better. I have worked on LOTS of guitars and I'm no stranger to set ups. Sure, Most cases you can get the neck better after tweaking the truss rod over a period of days and letting it rest to completely settle into the new adjustment. I understand that. BUT, When you cannot even get it just a little better at the time of adjustment it's time to worry. Then, On top of the terrible neck (As far as I'm concerned the neck is 75-80% of what makes a great guitar) the finish on this was horrendous. The clear coat on the side of the neck over the seam of the fret board and neck looked like a 4 year old slopped it on with a sponge. Also, The seam was not even close to even, Had at least a 16th to 18th inch difference in level from fret board to the neck and very noticeable just looking at it let alone feeling it. I have bought and own 4-500.00 Epiphones that are put together far better than this with little to no fret buzz after setting up. So, Do I think this is worth almost 2k? HA! I would not give 200.00 for the one I received. Anyhow, Thanks to Zzounds I ended up extremely happy because I returned this, Added 100.00 more and got the "Tribute to Les Paul" Gold top guitar and it is easily one of the finest made guitars I now own. (out of 43) So you decide if you want to take a chance, Who knows, Maybe you will get a good one! I would recommend you stay far far away.
15 of 16 people (93.75%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 1ZP-KL7R. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976