When you call, mention priority code 1564-PWM1

Rating and Reviews: 1957 Les Paul Goldtop VOS

The Gibson 1957 Les Paul Goldtop VOS captures the Les Paul in one of its most beloved forms. With a pair of BurstBucker pickups, the 1957 Goldtop VOS truly rocks.

"The search is over" submitted November 17, 2007

By a customer from methode-aecd.com
Musical Background: week end rock and roller, been gigging since 1970
Music Style: hard rock, classic rock, metal
Sound: It has "the" tone, nuff said. Feature: It's what expect from a Gibson Historical and it delivers. Ease of Use: I've been playing Les Pauls for over 25 years, it's hard to get used to anything else. Quality: It would be hard to get "more" quality. Value: If you want a Les Paul, save your money and get one of the 57 RI's. Don't waste your time on the standards etc. Play one of these first and you'll know why I say this. Manufacturer Support: I said 10 but I really don't know, as I have never had to contact Gibson about any manufacturing defects. The Wow Factor: I usually prefer the figured wood models, but there is something about that antique gold finish that is really attractive. I like the way the colors change at different angles. Overall: Someone in search of the Les Paul sound can stop the search here at a descent price.

1957 Les Paul Goldtop VOS Customer Review submitted May 21, 2008

Overall
Sound: Tone Tone Tone and moer tone. You could play this baby through a transistor radio and it would still sound good. Neck pick up sustains for so long, you can play a note, go outside for a walk come back 10mins later and the note is still ringing in the room ! I kid you not. You have to hear this guitar. Bridge pick up quacks like Peter Green or any other blues great who's Gibson tone you want to replicate.Sounds great clean too.Flawless. The Wow Factor: Goldtop Les Paul - need I say more? Sex with strings. Overall: This guitar has the tone of a beast in the body of a beauty. If you play blues/rock - look no further. Remember the first time youi heard Clapton on the Beano album? Or Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac? Or Page's intro solo to Since I been lovin' you? This Guitar has those tones!

"Since I bought this guitar..it hasn't been in the case except to take it somewhere to show it off! It sits in the stand next to" submitted January 15, 2009

Musical Background: guitarist,singer,writer-producer
Music Style: rock and roll-rhythm and blues..the real stuff!
Sound: The neck....The neck...then..the beauty,but,above all the sound...after 45 years of slim taper neck 335s and then,Les Paul classics[not a bad guitar]the meat of this neck is the secret!Buy one before they change it !! Feature: Features..? ..this is the Steinway..the Cadillac..the Winchester..the Harley of Guitars! Ease of Use: Effortless!If you got a problem..Its YOU.. Quality: It looks like the neck..at the body..has an added piece of wood..but..I can live with it![Bear in mind,I'm a virgo] Value: Oh yeah..it'totally worth it! Manufacturer Support: Gibson doesn't seem to give a Sh#t about their products once they've been purchased!For instance,I was fortunate enough to have had Les Paul sign my pick guard..and Ive tried to get another pick guard for over 5 months thru the dealer I purchased the guitar from..! I've been playing these Gibsons for over 45 years.I feel a bit let down by their lack of support! Ask anyone who's tried to get parts lately! The Wow Factor: AS far as 'sex appeal'..the only thing close..is the GRESCH 6120 DSN..which I also own! Overall: THIS..IS THE GUITAR! It completes my needs..and challenges my talents!

"The 57 Custom Shop" submitted September 13, 2012

By Frank Amadeo in STATEN ISLAND, NY
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing about twenty years.
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Country
Overall: If in life you could only own 1 Les Paul this is THE one to own. I've had several and this is by far the best sounding Gibson I have ever had. Maybe it's the beefy neck, I don't know, but I do know from smooth creamy tones to earsplitting drive this beast has what's known as IT.

"How much would you pay for the BEST?" submitted July 11, 2007

Musical Background: Playing for about a year
Music Style: Anything and everything (but mainly rock & metal)
Sound: The only reason I bought this guitar was for the sound. Period!Everything else I fell in love with later. Feature: Fretboard wasn't perfect, but hey, I really reaching for something wrong here. Ease of Use: Fat neck prevents thumbed coords, and the action was a little high, but a couple dollars to fix the action and I wouldn't trade the neck for anything. The neck is the secret to the sound, allows for longer sustain and a rounder sound. Quality: Aside from the pickups being unpollished, and the neck having a little bow in it, super! Value: Cost= $2800. Sounds like= $1,000,000. Manufacturer Support: Support was unrealisticly good. The Wow Factor: It's a Goldtop! Need I say more! Overall: My journey to get the 57 Gibson Les Paul Goltop VOS started about a month and a half ago. I had just gotten my Epiphone SG back from the repair shop and I was testing it out to make sure nothing was wrong with it. Happy with the results, I set out on my annually visit quest in the store to find a guitar that stood above and beyond the standard 'sound'. Each time I came to the store I would always leave unsatisfied, no matter what I picked up and played. Dean, ESP, Jackson, Ibanez, Gibson, even Fender, it didn't matter, I was never hearing that unique difference. I had picked up a 'Studio' Les Paul and was not impressed, at ALL. I had seriously almost given up and would be content it seemed with my Epiphone SG with EMG's (81 at bridge & 85 at neck). I saw the 57 goldtop out on the floor, surveyed the price, and laughed knowing it wouldn't sound like the price. I plugged it in, and have never been sooooo happy to be sooooo wrong. I have never, and may never hear such a smooth sound in all my life. It was obvious that it was not just the hardware, but the neck that was the secret to the sound. A little big at first, but in 5 minuets I was used to it. I started off on clean and was hooked, but curious to see if a guitar with older specs could handle sustain, a lot of it. Once again it seemed it was the neck that was the secret, the amount of sustain rocked my world. I bought it 2 weeks later after 3 trips to the store and playing it on every amp in the store. People ask me, "Why would you pay $3000 for a guitar?" I simply say, "Because it plays like a million." If your looking for absolute tone, look no further. Hell, I didn't even get into how beautiful it is, and it is gorgeous, but that's not what we should buy a guitar for, but for the sound it produces. A guitar like this provides the tone we all look for, and few of us ever find.

When you call, mention priority code 1564-PWM1. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976