866-ZZOUNDS (866-996-8637)
When you call, mention priority code 1ZN-TB90

Rating and Reviews: Gibson LP Standard Peace

Take your playing to a peaceful frame of mind with this Les Paul -- stacked with '61 Humbuckers, peace sign tone and volume knobs, and a Tune-O-Matic bridge.

"Peace Out!" submitted July 1, 2014

By Denny Mac in Austn, TX
Overall
Musical Background: 25 years playing guitar semi-professionally.
Music Style: punk, blues, country, rock & roll.
Overall: I bought the Les Paul Peace because it had many features that I liked. The old style "swiss cheese" weight relief that's much better than the new highly chambered LP's. They go on about mahogany being great for sustain and tone, but when you scoop it all out you're losing the benefit of the dense wood. You get more of a Gretsch Duo-Jet hollow sound with the excessive chambering(which is awesome, but why not just buy a Jet?). The other reason I bought it was the unbalanced '61 pickups. These pickups sound more like PAF's than any of the other "reissues". They have a great sound and this is the only LP that has them. The traditional wiring also had me sold. I don't need coil-tapping and splitting or a boost switch. I want a Gibson Humbucker sound. That's why I bought an LP. I got to pick out of a batch of about 10 Peace guitars all with the Harmonious Sunburst finish so the top on mine is phenomenal, closer to a AAA than a AA top for sure. Super tight chevron flame pattern. The Harmonious Sunburst finish is great too, it goes from a dark purple (it appears black unless you look really close) to red to orange. Closer to a Fender sunburst than a traditional Gibson burst. It's eye-catching. Works well with the flame-top. What I didn't dig about the guitar, ironically enough, was the "Peace" appointments. First thing I did when I got it was switch out the ugly "tie-dye" peace symbol knobs with gold speed knobs and the dumb looking "peace" stopbar with a plain one. Now it looks like a classic Les Paul should. One thing I want to complain about is the "ETune" truss rod cover. First if all it's white making it super obvious and WHY is it there. What's wrong with putting on a nice plain cover as a stock piece. I had to buy a plain black one to make the guitar look right. The Min-E-Tuner is actually pretty cool. I though I was going to get rid of it because it was gimmicky, but it works pretty well. I like being able to switch between tunings quickly and effortlessly while I'm noodling at home. So I basically took the Peace guitar and turned it into a Standard with '61 pickups. It sounds great, plays great, and looks great. Just like a Les Paul should.

"The Les Paul Peace Delivers " submitted January 10, 2016

By James F in Hilliard, OH
Musical Background: Musician
Music Style: Southern Rock and Blues
Overall: As a purist, I hated the changes brought to Gibson in 2014 and as well as the 2015 models. When the prices lowered on the Les Paul Peace, I decided to pull the trigger and buy one. The "Mellow Out Green" finish looked amazing and I am a big fan of uncommon finishes. The craftmenship on the guitar I received is top notch and just as good as some Gibson Custom Shop guitars I have owned (yes I am being 100% serious). Despite the Min-etune, it is a perfect guitar. Slim 60's profile that is super fast and meaty frets. The pickups are a real treat and have a supet FAT sound! If you can get passed the 12th fret anniversary logo and are willing to replace the tuning machines, then these guitars are a solid investment. This one is a keeper!

"Unbelievable Guitar and 10 Star Customer Service,... !!!" submitted February 15, 2016

By John S in North Salem, IN
Overall
Musical Background: I started playing in 1963,... I am retired from the 9 to 5,... and have picked up where I left off playing professionally.
Music Style: "Blues" and "Classic Rock"
Overall: I was looking for a Les Paul, with a good figured maple top at a reasonable price when I came across the Gibson Les Paul "Peace" (w/hard shell case), with a "Serenity Sunrise" finish (@$1700.00 plus). With me being a child of the 60's, the guitar stopped me in my tracks. No questions asked, I bought it on zZounds famous "Pay as you play" plan. When the guitar arrived, the set up was a bit high for my taste, but then again I like my strings lower than most. Other than that it played great right out of it's unique case. However, there were a few things that I found over the first few days that didn't set right with me. 1. The plastic knob on the selector switch was split. 2. The truss rod cover had a counter sunk head screw, and a dome head screw holding it down. 3. In the cutout relief, where the binding meets the wood, there was approximately a difference of .030 mismatch, (it can be seen and felt). I guess it could be called splitting hairs, but when I compare that with my Traditions MTP-375, and the finish and fit on it, the Traditions is flawless,... $1700+ may be pocket change to some folks, but I would expect for a Gibson to be flawless at that price. Whats going on with Gibson??? However zZounds has a "savior" in it's midst... When I was navigating zZounds site today, I found that low and behold the price on that same guitar (and finish), had been lowered down to $1,399.95! I called Zzounds to tell them about my guitar! A very helpful gentleman by the name of Jeff answered and listened to my rant. The man in my opinion went above and beyond the call of duty - He understood my concerns, and then adjusted my account to reflect the lower price. This is one of the great reasons that I buy almost exclusively from zZounds: "Customer Service"!! They always make the journey for this struggling, working musician worth while. Thank you Jeff, and thank you zZounds for folks like him!

"Gibson Les Paul Peace 2014" submitted February 18, 2016

By Dennis Albritton in Farmerville, LA
Overall
Musical Background: Playing over 40 years, Played in rock and country bands.
Music Style: Classic rock, blues, country
Overall: Great playing and sounding guitar. The e-tune is a ok feature. The Serenity Sunrise looks great. The case is unique. Great price on guitar. I am very happy with the service from zZounds on the purchase.

866-zZounds (866-996-8637)
When you call, mention priority code 1ZN-TB90. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976

Seen it for less somewhere else? Get it for less at zZounds. Simply click the “Seen it for less?” link on any product page and as long as we‘re not losing money, we‘ll beat any legitimate competitor‘s lowest price, usually within two hours. Want our best price even faster? Call us at 866-zZounds (866-996-8637), and we‘ll provide you with a lower price on the phone. Also, if you purchase from us and later find the product for less elsewhere, call or email us within 45 days, and we‘ll refund you the difference.

Buy it, try it, like it, or return it to us for a full refund. It‘s just that simple. If you‘re not in love with what you bought, return it to zZounds within 45 days, and we‘ll promptly arrange for an exchange or a refund. No hassles. No hidden charges. And if a product‘s defective or damaged, call us at 866-zZounds (866-996-8637), and we‘ll email you a prepaid shipping label so you can easily return it to us at zero cost to you.

Simply click the Seen it for less? link next to the gear you want or call us at 866-zZounds (866-996-8637)