When you call, mention priority code 176K-9M8H

Rating and Reviews: 2014 LP Standard Peace

Take your playing to a peaceful frame of mind with this Les Paul -- stacked with '61 Humbuckers, peace sign tone and volume knobs, and a Tune-O-Matic bridge.

Overall

"Peace Out!" submitted July 1, 2014

By Denny Mac in Austn, TX
Overall
Musical Background: 25 years playing guitar semi-professionally.
Music Style: punk, blues, country, rock & roll.
Overall: I bought the Les Paul Peace because it had many features that I liked. The old style "swiss cheese" weight relief that's much better than the new highly chambered LP's. They go on about mahogany being great for sustain and tone, but when you scoop it all out you're losing the benefit of the dense wood. You get more of a Gretsch Duo-Jet hollow sound with the excessive chambering(which is awesome, but why not just buy a Jet?). The other reason I bought it was the unbalanced '61 pickups. These pickups sound more like PAF's than any of the other "reissues". They have a great sound and this is the only LP that has them. The traditional wiring also had me sold. I don't need coil-tapping and splitting or a boost switch. I want a Gibson Humbucker sound. That's why I bought an LP. I got to pick out of a batch of about 10 Peace guitars all with the Harmonious Sunburst finish so the top on mine is phenomenal, closer to a AAA than a AA top for sure. Super tight chevron flame pattern. The Harmonious Sunburst finish is great too, it goes from a dark purple (it appears black unless you look really close) to red to orange. Closer to a Fender sunburst than a traditional Gibson burst. It's eye-catching. Works well with the flame-top. What I didn't dig about the guitar, ironically enough, was the "Peace" appointments. First thing I did when I got it was switch out the ugly "tie-dye" peace symbol knobs with gold speed knobs and the dumb looking "peace" stopbar with a plain one. Now it looks like a classic Les Paul should. One thing I want to complain about is the "ETune" truss rod cover. First if all it's white making it super obvious and WHY is it there. What's wrong with putting on a nice plain cover as a stock piece. I had to buy a plain black one to make the guitar look right. The Min-E-Tuner is actually pretty cool. I though I was going to get rid of it because it was gimmicky, but it works pretty well. I like being able to switch between tunings quickly and effortlessly while I'm noodling at home. So I basically took the Peace guitar and turned it into a Standard with '61 pickups. It sounds great, plays great, and looks great. Just like a Les Paul should.

When you call, mention priority code 176K-9M8H. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976