When you call, mention priority code 145X-CXCY

Rating and Reviews: Gibson 2013 Traditional

Thanks to its AA figured maple top and non-weight-relieved mahogany body, the 2013 Les Paul Traditional delivers tone to spare and sustain for days.

"The Best" submitted October 14, 2013

By Thomas V in Lafayette, LA
Musical Background: Non professional
Music Style: Hard rock, metal.
Overall: Gibson and Zzounds simple the best. The two go hand in hand like Gibson and Marshall.

"Tremendous!" submitted July 4, 2013

By Doug P in Eatontown , NJ
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing music for about 20 years. I play guitar and bass guitar.
Music Style: Blues, classic rock and alternative.
Overall: I bought this guitar a couple weeks ago and couldn't be happier!! This is the first time I have ever ordered a guitar online and I am very pleased. The guitar was perfect right out of the box. The action a is great and the intonation was only a tiny bit off. I'm in love with this guitar! Great pickups and the solid body make this guitar the best I've ever owned.

"FIrst full weight LP" submitted December 22, 2013

By Mark Johnson in derry, NH
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing 20 years off and on,Guitar,Bass,Jam with friends,sometimes a local jam night
Music Style: Classic Rock,Blues,surf,rockabilly,alternative,a diverse palate.
Overall: Well, this is my first true LP,have had the epiphone versions, and the knockoffs, but when you plug it in,the Gibson sound wacks you in the ears, I got the LP traditional in Chicago Blue with the 57 classic and classic plus pickups,which exude the tone i was looking for, i have a min e tune studio i just bought as well but the sound was not there. The fit and finish was great, had 2 weird blemishes in the finish which looked like they were under the lacquer but they are well hidden,the action was perfect out of the box which was nice. I run it through a Marshall Jcm 600 which is great for all the Zep/AC/DC GNr tones,also run it through a Laney LC30 which has a darker tone to get all the Sabbath,and Rock/Metal tones,,ether way the pickups deliver the vintage tone with an extra kick, had the 57 classic zebras in a SG which i wish i still had,and the difference is the upper is smoother and you get more mid on the classic plus. Zzounds as usual are just awesome to deal with,they have great selection and great customer service.

"A genuine Gibson Les Paul" submitted January 11, 2014

By Marc N in Linthicum, MD
Musical Background: guitarist 37 years
Music Style: rock blues folk
Overall: The Les Paul traditional standards are fantastic guitars. The 2013 Model is not weight relived, I have a 2008 and they are identical to the 2013. They are 100% genuine standard Les Paul's ( I am assuming whoever might read this is familiar with the Les Paul standard).. My 2008 is in great shape, ive used it heavily but the thing I love about it most, is these traditional standards are aging like the 50's guitars. My 2008 Trad Stnd is, except for the Nashville Bridge, indistuigishable from my 2006 58' VOS...The Burstbucker Pickups have more of the un-potted, quacky PAF sound, the 57 Classics are a little bit hotter, but they could be the same guitar otherwise.. If you want the "iconic" Gibson Les Paul this is it.

"Gibson 2013 Les Paul Traditional Guitar" submitted January 28, 2014

Overall
Overall: I would never have bought my Gibson 2013 Les Paul Traditional Guitar on my own. I certainly would not have walked into Guitar Center and and asked to play one and bought it in person. But somehow zZounds found me through Google ads, and kept after me, offering me better and better prices over several weeks, and in the end I was hooked. I bought it online late Friday night before Christmas, and there it was at my door on Christmas Eve. Am I happy with my Gibson 2013 Les Paul Traditional Guitar? Well wouldn't you be? You bet I am! Does it bother me the zZounds and Google ads are stalking me? No, I just delete all the cookies in my browser every week or so and make them start over again.

"2013 LP Traditional...Wow!" submitted September 4, 2013

By Matt Wills in Sidney, OH
Overall
Musical Background: Playing 30+ years, some of that pro, some as hobbyist.
Music Style: Rock, blues, blues-rock, pop
Overall: 2013 LP Traditional, Caramel burst. Set up perfectly out of the box, this one doesn't have a "Plek'd" sticker on the pickup like some I've seen, however it has clearly undergone this process. Upon thorough inspection, the finish is excellent, the AA flame maple top is more like a AAA or AAAA. I like the 57 Classics, though I may experiment with others as is usually the case. Overall I give this a very high rating, I own 7 LP's now, from vintage to historics and now two traditionals, and this is one of the best. A great buy, a superb value, get it!!

"Beautiful instrument." submitted December 30, 2013

By Jason P in Plymouth, MA
Overall
Musical Background: Jam at home for the past twenty five years
Music Style: Blues, Rock, Metal (Old school), and what ever.
Overall: I was reluctant to purchase another guitar from ZZounds as my last purchase prior to this one didn't go so well. I'm glad I did. I received a beautiful traditional Les Paul that weighs 10.8 lbs. The 50's neck is great, but be warned that it's thicker than the rest of my 50's neck Les Paul. I usually change out the stock pickups. How ever I'm a fan of the 57's and 57's plus so I left them in there. The only mod I did was the knobs. I went with the gold reflectors. Unfortunately Gibson has discontinued the Caramel burst. Don't worry Gibson re-issue it as a limited run and up charge for it in the future. ****The one star for Manufacturer support isn't true. I had to put something in order to submit review. I didn't have to deal the Manufacturer so I can't honestly rate it.

"Owner of this guitar" submitted May 16, 2013

By Chris M in Round rock, TX
Overall
Musical Background: 8 years of playing and about 3 years playing with music theory knowledge
Music Style: Rock, punk, blues, southern!
Overall: This guitar is absolutely amazing! The one I revived was very well built! The neck was fat and awesome like the old fifties style, and very fast! I own a 2003 Gibson les paul studio with the same neck style but the traditional one I just got had a better felling neck with the frets being space well and neck shape was comfortable! I really dig the pickups on this guitar. The tone of the bridge pickup is bright but very warm, while maintaining lasting sustain and a lot of gritt and dirt! The neck pickup is just right it's not too dark and chunky like most ones I have heard before. It cuts through very well! And lastly the finish and cosmetics of this guitar are really nice! The maple top I got was choice! I have seen some tops that weren't all that great but that's all the negative I could say about this guitar. I really love the way this one plays! The lead riffs I do in my band sound better and are easier to play. Maybe that sounds lame but it just feels better and sounds better!

"'13 Les Paul Traditional.. what a LP should be!" submitted December 23, 2013

By Todd C in Atlanta, GA
Musical Background: Professional
Music Style: Rock, Country, Pop
Sound: The '57 Classics sound great with a very warm breakup and nice bloom. Run them through a good tube pre-amp gain, and you will get that classic LP grind. Feature: The Traditionals are just that, and I really feel that these should be called the "Standards" and come up with another name for the tricked out Standards that Gibson is building right now. Don't get me wrong, I love all the options of the new Standards, but the Traditionals are much closer to what made the LP what it is. Ease of Use: Plug and play. This guitar feels great (as a $2000+ guitar should), and sounds like an LP. I would encourage anyone who hasn't spent a bit of time with the rounder, '50's neck to give it a try. I was a thin, '60's guy for years, but now I much prefer the rounder neck profiles. Quality: Fit and finish are impeccable. Again, as a guitar in this price range should be. Value: That's a hard question to answer because everyone is at a different place financially. Could you find great guitars for less money? Absolutely. Does this guitar's feel, sound, playability, etc., justify it's substantial price? I think so, but don't take my word for it. Play one and let it speak to you. Only you can decide that. Manufacturer Support: N/A. I haven't had a reason to talk with Gibson support about my guitars. Ever. The Wow Factor: It's a Gibson Les Paul. So yes, this is a certain degree of the 'coolness factor' that comes along with it. Overall: Just received the '13 LP Trad in a gorgeous, flamey, caramel burst. Very orange, with warm golds and browns mixed in through the deep flaming and brilliant 3D movement. Gorgeous top!Now for the good stuff: This one is on the much lighter side (for a non-weight relieved LP) and weighs in at a comfy 8.5 lbs. My other Trad is full pound heavier, but I find it very difficult to find a discernible difference in tone (clarity, sustain, resonance, grit, etc). Both guitars roar with the Classic '57's, and both have that great LP feel. I agree that Gibson has had some QC issues recently, but either they are getting those corrected, or I just got lucky. This guitar came out of the box ready to go with very minor tweaks. Fit and finish are spot on, and I can't find a flaw anywhere on the guitar (again, as it should be for guitar at this price point). Good job Gibson!

"Love my new traditional!" submitted December 2, 2013

By Lee H in marblehead, MA
Overall
Overall: Great sound! This guitar screams! Really nice tone. My first Les Paul and I couldn't be Happier!

"Les Paul Traditional in Chicago Blue" submitted February 7, 2013

By Jeff R in Rochester, NY
Overall
Musical Background: I have been a musician for 40 years (since I was 4). Guitar, bass, keys, drums, and I am also an engineer and producer.
Music Style: Alternative, Riff-Rock
Overall: Great looking, great sounding, great quality, great price. I've been a musician for years, and this is my first Les Paul. Accessing the higher frets isn't as easy as I had hoped, but it's not bad. The only thing I'm not impressed with are the tuners. I will be replacing them when I place my next order with ZZounds. Great customer service, by the way! Five stars to ZZounds!

"Les Pal Traditional Plus Honeyburst" submitted August 17, 2013

By Joe Z in Parma, OH
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing 11 years. Mostly classic rock and blues. I play out and in bands--mostly for the love of music
Music Style: Blues, Classic Rock, Rock, Jazz,
Overall: I just received the guitar today. I ordered it Thursday via standard shipping and it came Saturday, so I was really happy I got it in time for the weekend. First let me say the guys at zzounds were awesome. Very helpful and friendly. The 12 pay was easy to get approved for and I'm lucky to be able to make payments on this choice instrument. This is my 4th Les Paul and Gibson really got it right this time. The guitar is nice and beefy but not too heavy. Im pumped they stopped all that weight relieve crap with the Traditionals. Also really happy about the cream jack plate and nob pointers. The neck is nice and fat like I like, and very comfortable to play. The only thing I wish they would change is the speed nobs and back color. I prefer the more Traditional "top hat" nobs and the back finished in cherry. The back is still a beautiful brown finish. The guitar really screams, and has a nice warm vintage sound coming from those 57 classics. Also the guitar came almost perfect out of the box. I just raised the action a tad and it was good to go. These guitars really are the most "traditional Les Pauls you can buy for the money. They are the new "Standard". Definitely the best Les Paul I have owned and she's a keeper! Thank you so much ZZOUNDS!

"An amazing work of art" submitted March 31, 2013

By Troy H in Boulder, CO
Music Style: Rock and roll
Overall: The thoroughly solid body and rosewood fret board are what sold me on the 2013 Traditional. Zzounds beat the prices of its competitors and gave me a sweet deal. I purchased the Chicago Blue and it looks amazing and sounds incredible. Each guitar's weight will be different but mine was a hair heavier than 10 pounds. This is and will forever be the star of my growing guitar collection, which includes a 2012 Martin DCPA, 2012 Fender American Strat and 1987 Kramer project pacer.

"Great guitar!" submitted January 28, 2013

By DZ Mauldwin in Rock Hill, SC
Overall
Musical Background: Over 30 years. Lead guitar and play professionally.
Music Style: Classic rock, hard rock and metal.
Overall: I own several Gibson Les Paul Standards and a couple of Customs but when I decided to get one these 2013 Gibson Les Paul Traditionals I was blown away at just how great looking and sounding this guitar is! Classic '57 pickups and the non-weight relieved body really make this guitar sing. Fit and finish are fantastic too. You can't go wrong with this guitar!

"Beautiful!!!" submitted January 28, 2013

By DZ Mauldwin in Charlotte, NC
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing professionally 30+ years. I own 20 electrics Gibson's, Fender's, ESP's, Carvin's, Charvel's and Jackson's.
Music Style: I play in two bands. One plays a wide variety of classic rock, hard rock, pop rock and metal. And the other band is an all origi
Overall: Over the years I've owned numerous Gibson Les Paul's and currently have four not including this purchase. For me nothing beats the tone of a Les Paul cranking through a nice tube amp. So when I saw the new 2013 Gibson Les Paul Traditional I figured I would give it try. One of the many selling points for me was the non-weight relieved body paired up with the classic '57 in the neck and Classic '57 plus in the bridge positions. Two of my stable of Les Paul's are Standards and one of them has the weight-relieved body. Both came with the Burstbucker pickups. However I wasn't as pleased with them and switched them out for Seymour Duncans. That being said this new Traditional Les Paul with the Classic '57 humbuckers and the non-weight relieved body sound perfect right out of the case! The fit and finish on this guitar are impeccable. And the finish, caramel burst, is absolutely beautiful! One other thing to note is that the Plek system used by Gibson really does make for a fantastic, right out of the case, playing instrument. That along with the fatter, baseball bat like 50's style neck profile, which I love, and you simply can't help but coax some serious classic rock and hard rock tones out of this guitar! I play a wide variety of music professionally and own more than 20 electric guitars. This guitar along with a great tube amp and a few pedals and I can do anything from blues to classic rock to hard rock and metal. And if your worried about the weight it's really not as noticeable as you would think. These are a seriously great guitar for the money!
11 of 12 people (91.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"First Les Paul" submitted December 2, 2013

By Mark P in Phoenix, AZ
Overall
Musical Background: Playing for 51years, have played professionally in the 70's-80' now just writting and jamming.
Music Style: Rock, punk, country rock, southern blues, folk etc.
Overall: So far I love my new Traditional Paul. The craftsmanship is good, I see a paint flaw where the neck meets the bottom of the neck, no big deal, I originally wanted any color except Chicago Blue but now find I really like this color, it's classy with the ivory pickguard, bigband looking. I paid 1599.00 from a price challange online and am stoked about it, Get one, you will love it, it's a Les Paul.

"Nice" submitted December 22, 2013

By Mark P in Phoenix, AZ
Overall
Musical Background: Have played professionally in the 70's, now just a songwritter and jammer.
Music Style: I love all music except for Rap, hip hop, christian and electronic.
Overall: I never played a Les Paul but always wanted one. At first it took some time to get used to the neck but now after a week I really love it. The tone from this Les Paul is very distinct and smooth. I paid only 1599.00 from a price match and cant complain one bit about the cost. I have to say that this is a quality guitar.

When you call, mention priority code 145X-CXCY. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976