When you call, mention priority code 208-BCVV

Rating and Reviews: Gibson 2016 LP Plus Top T

The legend continues! Burstbucker Pro pickups, locking tuners and a flamed maple top give the 2016 Les Paul Standard Plus Top T timeless looks and sound.

"2016 LP Standard is back to desirable specs!" submitted September 26, 2015

By Jason Miller in Everett, WA
Overall
Musical Background: I come from a long line of musicians. My grandparents were both famous Sun Records recording artists back in the 50's
Music Style: Rock, Southern Rock, Blues, Hard Rock, Metal
Overall: I was reluctant on buying a Les Paul Standard after the 2015 debacle, but the 2016 models proved once again that Gibson will listen to their customers every once in a while (especially when their sales drop considerably). I bought a Honeyburst 2016 LP Standard Plus Top as soon as I found out they gave you the option to have traditional tuners. When the guitar arrived, it was stunning. Gibson went back to nickel tuner knobs and got rid of the stupid hologram sticker.....and they went back to the older style hard case with the pink plush interior. Completely happy with my purchase! As far as sound.....it sounds like an LP Standard should. Rich and warm with amazing distorted crunchiness.

"A real Les Paul" submitted January 13, 2016

By nathan watson in granbury, TX
Musical Background: acoustic, electric. been playing for over 30 years
Music Style: Blues through heavy metal and all in between
Overall: First I have to tell a story about my recent experience with Gibson. I received this guitar on a warranty replacement for a defective guitar. The defective guitar was a Gibson Jason Hook M4 Explorer ( read my review for it on this website ). I was afraid that Gibson would not honor their warranty. Gibson offered me this new Les standard with a few others in this price range. They replaced a guitar I paid $1649.00 for with a $2800.00 guitar. That folks is real customer service. Yes the original guitar never should have had the problem but Gibson stood by it it made it right and that is un heard of these days.so I have to give Gibson much respect. Now for the new 2016 Les Paul standard. Gibson got it right this year, no more robot tuners, no more zero fret nut but these are still options if you like them. Guitar was set up perfect out of the box, beautiful finish with absolutely no flaws. It plays like a dream with the coil tap creating many tonal options without losing the classic LP crunch and sound. Grover locking tuners hold tune for days, best tuners available in my opinion. A couple of things that are currently un advertised. Gibson is using a thicker fretboard now that is sanded down with a finer grit giving it a very crisp attack, very smooth feel almost like ebony. As far as I know they still have the weight relief body but I swear it feels heavier than my other weight relief LP which I like . The neck binding comes up over the edge of the frets now which make it much smoother traveling up the neck. The case is old school looking with a fuscia interior that cradles the guitar perfectly. This is an expensive guitar but worth it, remember this is also a good investment. This guttar will be remembered as the year Gibson listened to its customers and got it right again. Well worth the money, amazing guitar. Zzounds is a great place to buy any gear with play as you play with no interest, how do you beat that ? I cannot say enough about Gibsons customer service. Best guitar I have ever owned and I have many. Buy it!

"Definitely a top pick!" submitted January 2, 2016

By Clyde Dowell in Edmond, OK
Musical Background: 43 years. Both
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Jazz, anything good.
Overall: I have owned many guitars over the last 40 years. Several Gibson's. In the 70's and 80's you didn't dare buy one you didn't play. I remember back then playing 30 different Les Paul's before I could find the one worth buying. It still sticks in my mind as the only way to buy one. This purchase was the most pleasant surprise I have had in a long time. Zzounds return policy was the thing that made me take a chance on this guitar. The guitar arrived 2 days early. Kudos Zzounds. Very well packaged for shipping. I chose the Honey Burst finnish. I don't know if I just got lucky, but I swear it is a perfect book matched flame on the top cap. The burst finnish is flawless. Another huge surprise. Set up out of the box is more than descent. The most amazing thing about the guitar is the sound and tone it has unplugged. It is loud and very acoustic sounding with insane sustain. I knew where it would go when I plugged it in. It did not disappoint me. The sound was all there and then some plugged in. Great buy.Great guitar. Great service by Zzounds. More than beat my expectations. I totally recommend this guitar. Pick ups and electronics are awesome. Everything you would ever want and expect out of Les Paul. The neck is fantastic. The case is way over the top. it seals so tight, it is somewhat difficult to open the case. It's that air tight. An expensive purchase for sure, but well worth the investment. Gibson is for sure on the right track again. You can tell attention to detail is a primary focus on their part to get it right.

"Zzounds ROCKS!" submitted February 7, 2016

By Dave Howard in Castalia, OH
Overall
Musical Background: Since 1967. Toured nationally through the 80s. Now do occasional curtain call local show.
Music Style: Classic heavy rock, metal, alternative, blues, pretty much anything BUT country with all due respect. Just not my cup of tea.
Sound: Only reason for the ONE 4-1/2 star review for sound is the Burst Buckets are pretty great, but if I could change one thing on this guitar it would be a set of zebra SLASH Seymour Duncan's. But, that is just personal preference, nothing BAD about these pickups. I may leave her unmolested and roll with it as is. Great guitar! Feature: Hard to say. Totally satisfied. Impressed that guitar has such a traditional look, while upgraded to locking tuners, better nut, bridge, tailpiece & coil taps. Virtually undetectable to anyone but me. Nice job, Gibson. No complaints what so ever. Ease of Use: Plug n play or unplugged it is inspirational. Quality: A-plus. Being a luthiery, I am very critical. See one small area at neck joint that could have been wet sanded a tad better before polish, but believe me that is being extremely anal. Value: Good. If I could afford it, would buy four more in different finishes. Worth the Zzounds price. Manufacturer Support: Have not dealt with Gibson personally since I submitted a PPT to them about my guitars in 2008. Think they saw it and are using my ideas now ( see upcoming Les Paul High Performance). I built that 15 years ago, and showed it to them 8 years ago. Gibson can be slow & stubborn, but I would move to Nashville to work there given the opportunity. The Wow Factor: BREATH TAKING! Overall: Third guitar from Zzounds: 1st was an incredible Jackson Soloist, 5 stars & HUGE bang for the buck. 2nd was a Gibson SGM. Big disappointment. Not defective, but the Indonesian Jackson was hands down better than this "Gibson USA" guitar.I called Zzounds just to express my disappointment. The customer service representative without hesitation said, "Well, box it back up and return it. We will make it right." And they did. Long story, but they worked with me on guitar and case return, refund, and helped me get what I really wanted: A flame top Les Paul Standard again before I die! THIS GUITAR IS AMAZING! Took over a week to get it from the living room to a Marshall, because it looks, smells, plays, vibrates so incredible unplugged it took my breath away! My guitar is pretty much a Slash AFD, but with locking Grovers, Graphtech nut, Tone Pros locking bridge & tailpiece, coil taps, and nicer top than the transparent Amber one SLASH plays! I have played since 1967, built and restored custom guitars for over 25 years, and the folks at Zzounds turned buyers remorse into the ABSOLUTE BEST GUITAR PURCHASE I HAVE EVER MADE! THANK YOU ZZOUNDS, YOU ROCK!

"Worth every penny! I finally have my Les Paul" submitted August 31, 2016

By Cody C in Crescent lake, OR
Musical Background: Playing 20+ years
Music Style: Rock, metal, blues,country
Overall: I'll keep this short and sweet. This guitar rocks! I have several Ibanez guitars, esp, shecter, fender. This 2016 LP standard smokes all of them. Sounds killer, the pickup combos are practically endless with the push/pull pickup selection. The neck pickup sounds so killer and chunky through my clean channel on my peavey 6505+. I can't say enough good things about this work of art. The finish is mind boggling perfect, I gasped when I opened the case, it looked like a master craftsman built this guitar. Gibson listened to us about the 2015 models and I waited, initially wanting to buy last year but waited and am so glad I did. The thinner neck is so playable it's silly, just perfect. The fretboard was finished to perfection, no sharp edges anywhere. The Grover locking tuners are just the icing on the cake of this magnificent, musical work of art. I will have many, many years of joy from this guitar and zZounds makes it just too easy to purchase with the 12 monthly payments. So much for short and sweet. Just buy this guitar I guarantee you'll love it!

"Beautiful Instrument" submitted December 31, 2015

By Brad H
Overall
Overall: I've owned several Les Pauls. As always, I am very satisfied with the quality and playability of this guitar. It sounds amazing, which is to be expected. First purchase of an instrument of this caliber over the Internet. No issues whatsoever. Fast shipment and delivered in the expected condition. I will utilize Zzounds for future purchases.

"2016 Gibson Les Paul standard" submitted August 18, 2016

By David S in pottstown, PA
Musical Background: Jam at home and with friends
Music Style: Classic rock, hard rock, and some metal
Overall: First I want to say thank you to Gibson for getting back to making guitars the way they used to. This is my forth Gibson Les Paul and by far the best one. There is nothing at all to complain about this guitar. Most of the time when I get a new guitar I take it to my local shop and have my bubby set it up. There was no need to do that with this guitar. Like a lot of guitar players, I was looking for this certain sound. When this guitar arrived I found it. Not sure what it is but it just has that sound. The hardest decision I had to make about getting this guitar was choosing what finish I wanted. If you are considering getting one of these guitars don't hesitate. You will not be disappointed. This was a pretty large purchase so I want to thank zZounds for being there. All my experiences with this company have been wonderful. Oh yeah.....I mostly want to thank my wonderful girlfriend for getting me this beautiful guitar. Thanks babe....your the best.

"Gibson 2016 Les Paul Standard Plus " submitted October 14, 2015

By Robert R in Los Angeles, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Guitar, years.
Overall: I picked Desert Burst, this guitar is beautiful looking, playing, and sounding! I own several guitars and this one went straight to the top. The guys at zZounds always do a great job with orders. A little pricy but you get what you pay for. Only contact with Manufacturer support was questions and got answers easy. Gibson went back to original specs on neck, thanks. Get one of these you will be happy.

"I'm in love!" submitted April 22, 2016

By Andrew T in Phoenix, AZ
Overall
Musical Background: Playing for 26 years. I play mainly 6 string guitar. I play with friends, and at home.
Music Style: Funk, jazz, blues, rock.
Overall: I own some very nice guitars. My favorite has been my Fender American Strat Deluxe Aged cherry burst, which I bought from zZounds. Today I just received the 2016 Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus Top t Heritage Cherry Burst. I couldn't be happier. Out of the box it is set up great. I might tweak a couple things, but that's preference. The 60's neck is beautiful. The finish is beautiful. The pickups rock, especially through the Bogner ecstacy. I buy guitars for individual reasons. There are pros and cons to everything. But for a Les Paul, this is fantastic. I might have gotten the HP version for better neck access, but then I would have those robot tuners which I don't like. Definitely get this guitar. Do your research first. Oh yeah, and zZounds rocks! I've spent $1000's here.

"Another pleasant shopping experience" submitted February 19, 2016

By Mark P in Minneapolis, MN
Musical Background: Novice
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Country and contemporary Christain
Overall: This guitar is outstanding. The flame top is beautiful and the sound is versatile. I am able to go from bright to warm and everywhere in between. I ordered the guitar on a Wednesday afternoon around 2:00 PM and had it at my door Friday morning by 8:30 AM. It is hard to beat the value and service offered by zZounds.

"Second to none!!" submitted February 26, 2016

By Tim G in Williamsburg, VA
Musical Background: I jam at home
Music Style: Rock, country, blues, anything I like
Overall: This guitars is everything I wanted and more!!The sound the looks are stunning!!!!Gibson has outdone themselves!!!!I purchased the tea burst and it is the most beautiful guitar I have ever seen!!!!!Also zZounds your professionalism and dedication to your customers is by far the best I have ever delt with. I have purchased 3 guitars from you and you are number 1 !!!!! Thank you!!!!

""The perfect guitar"" submitted September 7, 2016

By Michael Wayne Guillory in Gresham, OR
Overall
Musical Background: Working drummer for 45 years. Dabbled in everything else for just as long. Now concentrating on guitar for the last 5 years.
Music Style: Rock,Blue's and Country
Overall: I currently own a few higher end PRS, and four Fender guitars. I have owned 3 Gibson guitars in the last few years, but have sold or traded all of them.(Had to retune after every song) I really wanted to like them but they just didn't do it for me. After reading some reviews on the 2016 models, I decided to give them another chance.( I figured nothing could compete with my PRS's). I ordered the 2016 Les Paul Standard T, in HoneyBurst. I could not be more pleased. The guitar look's amazing, no issues what so ever. The neck feel's perfect, the pickup's are awesome, and the sustain is incredible. Perfect setup right out of the box. After playing this guitar for a few hours, I told my wife that I think I just played, "THE PERFECT GUITAR". Thank you Gibson for getting it right!!!

"Well worth the investment" submitted May 31, 2016

By Don Deltenre in Whitefish, MT
Musical Background: All little bit of everything
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Improv.
Overall: This guitar is very versatile and fits in in most any situation. Everything about this guitar says quality, and once you've spent some quality time playing it, it will inspire you.

"Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus Top T" submitted November 15, 2016

By Kenneth Olsen in Westerly, RI
Overall
Musical Background: 53 years. 6 and 12 string guitars and bass. Acoustic and electric. Play out at clubs, jam sessions, and at home
Music Style: Rock, blues, country, anything from the 50's to present....
Overall: I bought this in honey-burst earlier last month and was immediately impressed with the quality and beauty of this instrument. I finally had a chance to use it A LOT last night at a jam session playing QUITE a variety of music. All I can say is "WOW!" It sounded so great and played so easily!! All the other guys were impressed with it to say the least. A gorgeous instrument for sure!!! Now in a family of 19 Guitars I can't decide which is my favorite!! But this will be one of the top ones for sure. zZounds is fantastic to deal with...I have purchased FIVE guitars now from them and have NEVER been disappointed. Not to mention a bass and an amplifier...Fantastic price, fast delivery, and the pay as you play option makes almost anything affordable. Looking forward to playing this baby ALOT!!!!!

"Worth every penny!" submitted December 1, 2016

By Kelly W in Gretna, VA
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing 43 years professionaly. Gibson SG, Fender strat, Gibson LPJ, Gibson L6-S, Jackson, ESP,PRS, too many to list.
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Metal, Jazz, Classical
Overall: I have been playing 40 years plus. Gibson SG, Gibson L6-S, Fender strat and tele, PRS, Jackson, ESP and love them all. But The 16 LP standard is the 1! the neck is amazing, felt like an old friend. the sustain endless, killer vibrato, the cleans, the distortion, the tonal variations are endless and that Les Paul tone rings like a bell! I never could justify spending so much coin on the Les Paul but since my son now smokes me as a player, I could justify it and could not be happier. Thank you zZounds for making a 40 year dream come true. Without the awesome payment plan you offer my dream guitar would have never happened plus what an awesome Christmas present for my son! F***** awesome!!

When you call, mention priority code 208-BCVV. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976