When you call, mention priority code 158W-LG47

Rating and Reviews: Gibson 2013 LP STD Plus

With coil-tappable BurstBucker Pro pickups, Pure Bypass and phase switches, and that stunning AAA flame maple top, this Les Paul is anything but Standard!

"Totally boss!" submitted August 30, 2012

By Tim K in Coatesville, PA
Musical Background: 20+ years ,guitar, just at home anymore with friends
Music Style: Rock ,hard rock ,metal ,country ,blues
Sound: Coil taps are great to me nothing beats a single coil clean sound , and it can do any type of music you fancy. Just a totally bad ass machine Feature: Like I said the coil taps are suburb wish the bypass one was easier to pull up though Ease of Use: After I put some super slinks on it lowered the bridge just a hair and just barely tweaked the truss rod it plays soo sweet and the action is super low now with no buzz at all I can slip my pick underneath my high e at the 15th fret and it'll stick by itself Quality: Although I have been disappointed in the past with a couple of gibsons guitars that I've owned this one stands tall just everything on this baby screams quality Value: Well $2500 plus dollars isn't easy to hide from the misses but if you play your cards right you'll be fine hahahahaha, I mean hey if she can spend $150 on one new pair of pants every couple weeks that she'll hate after the first time she wears em then I can get this beauty and love it for the rest of my life and come out way ahead Manufacturer Support: Used them once for another les paul i own the we're great and so helpful The Wow Factor: From the moment I opened the case I've been breathless (got the desert burst to anyone who's on the fence about a finish look no more then that finish it's jaw dropping) Overall: This is the 5th Gibson les Paul I've owed over my 20+ years playing and by far my favorite of all, I have smaller hands so I welcome the thinner flatter neck much better then the one on my traditional but I'll still be buried with that one too I never write reviews but for this guitar and gibson just deserves a great review but I'm a man of few words so that's it just play it yourself and be ready to fall in love

"Great sounding Les Paul" submitted April 20, 2012

By Jeff D in Woodhaven, MI
Overall
Musical Background: All total 8 years, with a 10 year gap in there for marriage/divorce lol. Bedroom/garage jammer.
Music Style: Rock, shoegaze metal, drone
Sound: The Burstbucker Pros in this guitar are really nice sounding. Full and warm, but still clear. Just the right amount of bite without being harsh. Coil tapped they are great too, they don't get as thin as true single coils, but they give a nice amount of versatility to this guitar. The pickups clean up nicely with the volume knob, and the tone knob is useful from 1 to 10 (not something I can say on many guitars). Also worth noting, these pickups have some nice overtones. Usually don't get much from humbuckers. Feature: Great features on this guitar. Both pickups can be coil tapped via the volume knobs. One of the the knobs acts as a phase switch, which also helps cancel hum when you are in the middle position with both pickups tapped. The other tone knob works as a bypass switch, putting all output through the bridge pickup and bypassing the volume and tone controls for maximum rudeness/crunch/overtones. The locking tuners are a plus, they hold tune great. Only options I feel are missing is a nicer nut (comes with a corian nut, I much prefer a true bone nut, or a tusk nut) and strap locks. The strap pegs are noticeably smaller than the ones on my Tele, and I do not trust them. Both of these are easily and cheaply upgradeable, but I am leaving my LP stock. Ease of Use: I was shocked at the factory setup on this. I've traditionally played guitars between 700 to 1000 bucks, and they generally play well after a nice setup (just could not see spending more for a guitar at the time). But this guitar played excellently right out of the box. Low action, no buzz, bridge pickup is setup hot, and neck fairly tame. Also the pickups are in a nice zone of being powerful, but not ridiculous. I play a TH 30 amp and this guitar roars through it, but sounds full and nice when played clean. Quality: Given some if the recent buzz surrounding Gibson I was a little worried in this department. But with the guitar here and in my hands for a while now, I really like the build quality. Everything is really solid, and there seem to be a lot of old LP's around so I am not worried about the durability. The finish is gorgeous, I have the desert burst plus top, and it was a little cloudy when it first arrived. Used a soft cloth to shine it up and now it just glows! Can't say if I got lucky or not, but the quality is great on this guitar. I had a 2011 LP studio and even after a pro setup it didn't play anywhere near this good (and remember this one is a stock factory setup!). Value: This one is hard to answer....for me it would be yes, the guitar was worth the money. It's well built, has the tone I love both clean and dirty, coil taps, locking tuners, beautiful rosewood fretboard (forgot to mention that, it is drop dead gorgeous, like 3 different colors of brown all streaking through...breathtaking), and I am most comfortable with the LP body style and shorter scale length. There are cheaper guitars that have similar body styles, but this guitar has nearly everything I wanted (minus the previously mentioned strap locks and upgraded nut). For me, I wasn't going to go with a copy. Stick with the original. Manufacturer Support: I've not heard good things about Gibson's support, but will likely not go through them anyways should any work need to be done. I'd encourage people to search for a reputable, local luthier (there are more than you think) if you need anything done. And with LP's so popular, they are usually used to working with them too, another plus. The Wow Factor: I'll be honest, I am pretty much over the initial "wow" of a new guitar, normally because I have never felt entirely happy with any of them (been through custom builds, tele's, strats, studio lp's, 7 strings, baritones, etc). But upon opening the case...the smell of the laquer, the gorgeous fretboard and flame maple top, and that feeling of "man, this is a real Les Paul Standard" did hit me. And to my surprise, it has not worn off, I love this guitar, flaws and all. Overall: I was scared to spend this much on a guitar, given the rate at which I buy/sell them, but I just couldn't find the muscular, musical sound I was looking for. I ruined a 2011 LP Studio with EMG's (never even tried the stock 490R/498T set, I was convinced I needed EMG's to rawk!). Really glad I haven't touched this one, I have finally found the guitar that fit me, both comfort and sound-wise.
46 of 48 people (95.83%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Ahhhhhhhhhh Heavenly!!!!!" submitted September 6, 2013

By Jesse Gamez in Fort Collins, CO
Musical Background: 23 years of music on all sorts of instruments
Music Style: rock & roll baby!!!
Sound: I found my settings fairly quickly after playing with the mass amount of features this beast has. Dirty sound with neck pu full blast and around 4 on the tone. Clean sound with neck pu coil tapped full blast on both vol and tone. Solo on neck pu regular with a volume boost pedel. Nuff Said. Feature: Everything about this guitar is beautiful. The only features I probably won't be using is the phase inverter option, which I already knew. And the true bypass, which I thought I would really like, but is just a bit to bright for my tastes, and I have no eq pedal. Ease of Use: Great Sounds? Easy Peasy! playable as you can make it!!! Quality: Made very well. I don't plan on trashing it, but I am going to play it a lot, and I hope it will stand the test of time. Value: You are paying for the Gibson name sure, but you are also paying for Gibson quality, sound, and look.. Worth it to me, thats why I bought it. Manufacturer Support: Never dealt with Gibson. The Wow Factor: I came home for lunch from work. Big package had arrived. Didn't go back to work. WOW!!!!!! PS I accidentally hit one star overall, so not true, but it wouldn't let me change it!!!! Overall: The feel, the smell, the LOOK!!! It is the real deal, and sounds like it too. Smokes my LP Studio hands down. Mine is a 2013 Desert Burst Standard Plus and let me tell you, I was worried that Zzounds would send me a "dud". Other sites let you choose from their actual stock via pictures and stats. I really wanted one with an even flame across the top. Done. I was hoping it would be set up pretty close. Done. I was hoping it wouldn't have any of the finish flaws that Gibson kind of has a bad rap for. Done. Zzounds.com and DONE!!!!! On 12 monthly payments, I couldn't say NO!!!! P.S. the Desert Burst is really really really sexy....

"Great guitar with poor quality on aesthetics" submitted November 30, 2013

By Ariel Ruiz in Novi, MI
Musical Background: 5 years playing blues and rock
Overall: It is an awesome guitar. The flame top is amazing. Great sound and OK setup. This is what i dont like: The guitar came with some paint scratches in the neck and head. The gibson logo has some very small deffects on the gibson logo, and the rosewood is kind of messed up in one of the inlays. It is a great guitar but for the price I expect it to be perfect.

"2012 Les Paul Standard" submitted April 14, 2012

By Jerry B in Cisco, TX
Musical Background: 30 years playing guitar
Music Style: Rock and blues
Overall: Wow! Gibson got this one RIGHT!Perfect out of the box,sound ,tone ,set up great job Gibson,thumbs up!!!
10 of 12 people (83.33%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Art of expression " submitted December 19, 2013

By Clifford H
Overall
Musical Background: I have played the guitar since I was 5...I am 55 now. I played proffesionally for many years...that was some years ago
Music Style: A fusion of the sounds I grew up with. essentially R&B with a hard edge
Overall: The years have brought me to this and I find that time has only resolved to continue my self expression. This instrument channels my heart. In other words, this is an freaking awesome axe that sounds incredible and plays amazingly well. I have found room for love once again...

"Gibson Les Paul Standard 2012" submitted October 3, 2012

By Phil Berry in Louisville, KY
Musical Background: Guitar one year. Other guitar Taylor acoustic
Music Style: popular, blues, rock, country
Overall: My new Gibson Les Paul Standard 2012 (dessert burst) is the most beautiful guitar I have ever seen. It is a quality instrument in every way and it's sounds are incredible. I am very happy and ordering through zZounds was great. Thanks so much.

When you call, mention priority code 158W-LG47. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976